• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

clem84

Gold Member
It's surprising to see her suffer two huge losses, after having been so dominating in her first fights. I guess the level of intensity went up a few notches in the women division.

legacyzero

Banned
423661.gif
//CRYING//

Alucard

Banned
Ronda doesn't have a career anywhere after this. She's a joke.

She has a lot of money, but that doesn't really matter once you've lost the one thing that has given your life meaning and purpose. I also think calling a woman a "joke" who won 12 straight fights before losing one is way off base.

saelz8

I don't even think WWE would work after that beating. If you get beat that way, TWICE. It creates a negative perception. How do you play a character, after that? Yes, it's not real, but still. Everyone knows.

How do you sell yourself, as a brand, if your brand is deflated? Her winning fights was the basis around her whole perception of 'toughness'. She didn't get those offers based on her being a dish-washer.

Road House remake on indefinite hold.

I'm still baffled by what I just saw. The fuck did they do to prepare for this fight? She just stood there getting rocked. At least she tried to get Holly down a couple times. Nothing here.

I guess that Tyson quote applies here.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
That sucks for Ronda, and it kind of sucks for MMA too, to be honest.

Disappointed. Was hoping she'd come through. :-/

The woman won a bronze medal for your country, people. Why the hate?

Well, she's a poor sport and a Sandy Hook truther.

There's no point in her coming back. She made a bad decision sticking with her team after her first loss.
On the positive side, Ronda now has time to catch all the Pokemons.

Are you saying Ronda is a can? Lol

ehhh that division isn't exactly stacked but Ronda is no can.

told you. she's like a super can that crushed cans until fighters came along that actually knew how to fight.

Dana must be pretty pissed. Ronda vs Holly the rematch probably could have broken some records if Ronda had a win tonight.

they both have 2 straight losses so why not do it anyway?

Boke1879

I mean at best right now she gets work in the WWE, but what's her draw there? How do you sell it. She got knocked out twice and people WILL remember that.

As far as movies go. Outside of the odd role or two. She aint headlining shit. She can't act and she'll be known in the short term and a loser and baby about it all.

Alucard

Banned
It's hard for me to follow MMA because it seems like just when you think the sport has their one dominant star that everyone can root for, they either lose, get popped for steroids, or both. UFC needs a Lebron James or a Sidney Crosby. It doesn't have it. Where's one person dominating for 5-10 years? Is it unrealistic to expect this because of the human body? Should we be okay with someone on top for 2-3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom