• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
CiXsqMS.gif

This looks like a Fight Night match where someone who's played the game for a few weeks is beating up someone who's never touched it.

Ronda had no business being in there, not having a fight in over a year and it was noticeable, she looked stiff as fuck from the get go.

That wasn't rust, it was a terrible game plan. She has the worst coach/team in mma. That shit matters. She still thinks she can stand in there and bang with women who are far better than her. She gained an irrational amount of confidence by crushing cans and when it came time to face some legit fighters, she has no idea what to do.

Syder

Had my cash down on Nunes for over a month now. Bookies are making a mistake putting Ronda as the favourite and these pre-event promos, while I understand why they exist, will be kind of embarrassing, in retrospect, when in all likelihood Rousey loses. Nunes is a fucking beast and I'd be very surprised if Ronda has an answer to her offense.

Round 1 TKO.
Called it.

Now build up Nunes in your promotional material, Dana. She's a cold-blooded killer. Fuck this crowd for booing her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cody putting on a clinic and Rousey getting deleted was worth the ppv I think.

Wallach

Ronda completely outclassed in striking, good on her for not ending up on her back after all that though.

the only person you have to thank for that is herb dean

nunes was about to beat her into the shadow dimension if he let that go on any longer

Nooooo

You was my number one contendaaaa

I had money on this that ronda was gonna win it. Not much but some.

Oh ronda...rousey. More like lousy.. :(

Hope she bounces back.

Panzon

yeah.. the fight game surpassed her and she knows it.
That's not true dude. She simply needs a new team with a better coach who won't actually lie to her telling her she can box. Her bread and butter is the Judo and ground but because of her crappy coach she doesn't use it as much as she did in first couple of fights

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I hope someone stays with Ronda for the night. Can't imagine what that kind of defeat does for your self worth and your plans for the future. It's going to be a tough road ahead for her, as this has likely plummeted her stock in many areas. :-/ Sad...I hope she can recover, be it in MMA, pro wrestling, or elsewhere. She's only 29 and her career has already peaked...can't imagine her headspace and feel genuine empathy for her.

Pssh.. getting 3 mil from a short fight, and probably getting hit up by Vince I'd say she's gonna be fine financially.

akileese

So Cruz is done right? He looked flat footed and slow. For a guy who's entire fight style is using his superior quickness to elude and strike quick combos to point someone to death, I can't see him beating anyone in the top 5 in that division.

I'm not even sure he can beat someone like Bryan Caraway anymore. I think he might just take him down relentlessly.

The only exception I can think of is McGregor. Dude lost in the worst way possible but came back like lion.

I think know the difference is McGregor is a real fighter. He didn't run off to Hollywood and as soon as he lost he instantly wanted the rematch even when the UFC didn't want to give it to him.

People may hate McGregor but I think everyone realizes the dude is willing to take crazy risks and just put it all out there

Honda isn't going to work in WWE as easily as Brock did.

KO'd twice
No life-threatening illness to blame it on
Can't talk
Not as physically impressive as Brock
Can't work a wrasslin match

I'm sure they'll bring her in but it's gonna be a flop past her first event.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Dana White on suicide watch. Sage n Paige show got canned and now one of his biggest star is about to retire. If anything happens to Conor, Dana dead for sure.

Conor holds all the bargaining power now. Going to be interesting.

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S01E05/415969/423661.gif?b64lines=[IMG][/QUOTE]

Simpsons gif for literally everything

2016 isn't over yet so while that fight was hilarious as fuck, I really hope Ronda's friends and family don't leave her side in case she starts thinking irrationally.

SRTtoZ

Anderson Silva
Renan Barao
Ronda Rousey

Once the mysticism and confidence around you disappears, it's over. The only exception I can think of is McGregor. Dude lost in the worst way possible but came back like lion.

Love him or hate him McGregor is one of a kind. Even Weidman took a hit after his loss to Rockhold.

I'm not sure what people expect out of Ronda in the WWE outside of a one odd. She is a terrible actress and has zero self awareness and seems super thin skinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom