• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Ronda had a coach who did not game plan to her strength. He shouldn't even be a f****** coach that's f****** mother f*****. I don't know how you can have a golden goose like Ronda and tell her to stand and bang instead of trying to get these people in a clinch Up Against the Cage to take them down.

Yaari

So Cruz is done right? He looked flat footed and slow. For a guy who's entire fight style is using his superior quickness to elude and strike quick combos to point someone to death, I can't see him beating anyone in the top 5 in that division.

I'm not even sure he can beat someone like Bryan Caraway anymore. I think he might just take him down relentlessly.

Done after a single loss? I hope not. He's finally healthy after years of injury.

Alucard

Banned
Well for every winner, there's a loser. Why is Ronda so special in this regard ? I don't really understand this sentiment.

She won a bronze medal at the Olympics for her country.

She BUILT the women's division in the UFC.

She brought more eyes to the promotion and to MMA.

She dominated competition for 3 solid years and was at the top of her field.

Now all gone within a year, and within two fights.

ldcommando

Banned
SqV0FDDl.jpg

YO

lmao

WWE mostly and movies, but her stock is in the toilet for movies now. She just made 3 mill for 40 seconds work. She can get 3 mill from WWE for 15 appearances a year, just like Lesnar.

does the WWE want her anymore?

and for movies, that will never happen.
she won't headline a movie with more than a student budget.

jeffram

the only person you have to thank for that is herb dean

nunes was about to beat her into the shadow dimension if he let that go on any longer
No doubt, she was going to go down. Ate some vicious combos though, and am surprised what she ate didn't drop her.

SRTtoZ

Dana White on suicide watch. Sage n Paige show got canned and now one of his biggest star is about to retire. If anything happens to Conor, Dana dead for sure.

Conor holds all the bargaining power now. Going to be interesting.

Simpsons gif for literally everything

I mean not to get too dark but didn't Ronda talk suicidal thoughts after the Holly loss? I hope she was exaggerating.

Honda isn't going to work in WWE as easily as Brock did.

KO'd twice
No life-threatening illness to blame it on
Can't talk
Not as physically impressive as Brock
Can't work a wrasslin match

I'm sure they'll bring her in but it's gonna be a flop past her first event.

I'm sure she could hang as well as previous WrestleMania talent such as Snooki and Maria Menounos. She could make bank just from shoving Stephanie over once

Main roster talent? Nah

Skyr

This is a terrible way to end a career which I assume is over now..

But let's not forget who brought womans mma to where it is now.
Without Ronda the UFC / Dana White might have not even considered bringing woman into the UFC.

ironcreed

Banned
Hype, the past, a feeble mind and an arm bar vs someone who can kick your fucking ass? Once the hype builds up to the point of a joke vs someone who is legit dangerous and is the the new gen... place your money where the men behind the scenes do.

So Cruz is done right? He looked flat footed and slow. For a guy who's entire fight style is using his superior quickness to elude and strike quick combos to point someone to death, I can't see him beating anyone in the top 5 in that division.

I'm not even sure he can beat someone like Bryan Caraway anymore. I think he might just take him down relentlessly.

That had nothing to do with Cruz loosing a step and everything to do with Cody utterly outclassing him. The only Bantamweight that might beat Cody atm is TJ

Alucard

Banned
In terms of sports stories, Ronda's is a tragedy. To fall that far in so short a time is devastating. To do it amidst people hungry for her tears across the internet...just sad.

selo

Thats the difference between Ronda and Conor. Conor wanted an immediate rematch when he lost against Nate whereas Ronda went into hiding and came back traumatized, she is mentally weak when things don't go her way. She looked like Brock Lesnar in the sense that they are too scared to get hit and that stuns them. Yeh, she's done and 3M richer.

Dr.Acula

Banned
She had no choice. Both opponents at least matched her in strength and stuffed any takedown attempt. Once they stop your one trick pony you're pretty much toast

Remember when Tate beat Holm? Holm was stuffing Tate all night, but fucked up late in the 5th.

Ronda didn't try and keep range or anything. She *wants* to stand -inexplicably.

Barrage

I don't know if there's any money in a Rousey WWE run anymore.

That won't stop them from paying her, of course. They can taste the headlines.

But she'll have a Mania match and be on her way.

Chumley

Banned
Anderson Silva
Renan Barao
Ronda Rousey

Once the mysticism and confidence around you disappears, it's over. The only exception I can think of is McGregor. Dude lost in the worst way possible but came back like lion.

This isn't the same. Ronda just got annihilated as if it was the first time she's ever fought, that has never happened to Silva or Barao. It's as if she was never a real fighter. Conor is as real as it gets, he loses horribly and gets right back at it.

Hype, the past, a feeble mind and an arm bar vs someone who can kick your fucking ass? Once the hype builds up to the point of a joke vs someone who is legit dangerous and is the the new gen... place your money where the men behind the scenes do.

The big bets from the High Rollers were Rousey actually. Nunes took the smaller bets from randos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom