• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

dream said:
Yea, and he doesn't get one because who the fuck is Jim Miller?

That's what I want the UFC to fix. I don't know why they don't just hire Paul Heyman as a promo coach. Especially since they already had him work with Shane Carwin and Carwin's interviews were like 100000x better for it.

The black and white prefight vignettes are forced and pointless. Even more so recently. The best work UFC has done are the fighter blogs on Youtube and the primetime shows on TV. That's because they're real.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:
The black and white prefight vignettes are forced and pointless. Even more so recently. The best work UFC has done are the fighter blogs on Youtube and the primetime shows on TV. That's because they're real.
Yeah, I think all this shit about cutting promos is ridiculous but it would be nice if UFC Primetime was used for more than promoting GSP's next victory.

Pristine_Condition said:
Joe and Goldy trying their best to make it sound like that wasn't a straight-up 30-27 for Ludwig.
I think he might have won the third but no way in hell he got close to winning either of the first 2

for amir i mean

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What the fuck, Shawn Tompkins died?! I haven't been on the internet all day, as soon as I got home from work I showered and turned on the tv for this.

pieatorium said:
I think he might have won the third but no way in hell he got close to winning either of the first 2.

Amir was aggressively going forward in the third, but every time he threw something, Ludwig threw one or two back that were more effective. Sometimes zombie aggression like that will win you a round, but only if the judges are shit. And the takedown sealed the deal, even though I hate meaningless takedowns.

CaptYamato said:
That take down at the end of round three secured the round for Ludwig.
All 3 scored it the same as me :p although scoring the same way as UFC judges might not be something to be happy about lol

Pristine_Condition said:
Amir was aggressively going forward in the third, but every time he threw something, Ludwig threw one or two back that were more effective. Sometimes zombie aggression like that will win you a round, but only if the judges are shit. And the takedown sealed the deal, even though I hate meaningless takedowns.

I think Lidwig landed alot less in round 3 compared to the first 2 and Amir landed alot more than he did previously as well as pushing forward.

Not saying it was clear cut for Amir, definately closer than 1 and 2 though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
soooo excited for this fight! olivera has a bright future but i think cowboy has the composure to pull out the W

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I'm too pumped for this fight, whenever this happens it always ends up being disappointing.

Heel

Pristine_Condition said:
Sometimes zombie aggression like that will win you a round, but only if the judges are shit.

IHExr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom