• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

CB gave up

There was no choice but to stop it. Herb gave him plenty of chances to keep it going.

dem said:
CB gave up

There was no choice but to stop it. Herb gave him plenty of chances to keep it going.
Herb could have stop the fight before that last flurry to be honest. He was begging him to do something, anything.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
That is just how I would loved to see CB lose, getting pounded in the face and then gives up.

Hope he enjoyed it, dude is a total douche. Even has a douche face.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dem said:
CB gave up

i thought it was a late stoppage :p

and there went my streak, thought i'd get the whole night =(

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Hyped for this card!

Got my burrito and Arizona peach tea ready!

Let's do this.

Also fair stoppage by Herb. CB has no excuse gassing out in the 2nd round and gettting steamrolled. Sure he took a few more punches, but at least it was for sure he gave up.

op_ivy

AwesomeSauce said:
Hyped for this card!

Got my burrito and Arizona peach tea ready!

Let's do this.

original-788-1683-hamms.jpg

1209.jpg

Gonna dvr the fights and head to bed soon since I wake up at 5 for work but if I were staying up I'd be enjoying Bud Light Lime and Tapatio Dorritos.

Texas leftovers here.

Slow smoked brisket left over from yesterday's BBQ, chopped and jammed in fresh tortillas...onion, cilantro and queso fresco for topping...squeeze of lime on top of that. ...And a sixer of Shiner Bock.

:)

op_ivy

Maklershed said:
Gonna dvr the fights and head to bed soon since I wake up at 5 for work but if I were staying up I'd be enjoying Bud Light Lime and Tapatio Dorritos.

everyone with the spicy snacks =)

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I got:

Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle
Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone vs. Charles Oliveira
Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

Hardest fight to decide for me is the Miller/Henderson as I love both guys, but got Miller winning by a hair.

Oliveira hasn't really impressed me too much, I feel he is a bit overrated at the moment. let's see if that changes tonight.

I like Lytle and Hardy, but i hate seeing guys get cut and Lytle is retiring so... It's a hard decision.

BigKaboom2 said:
He was intelligently defending.
Laying there with your hands wrapped around your head isn't considered intelligent defence, plenty of other fights have been stopped in the same situation. Dean was screaming at him for a good 10 seconds to do something.

If UFC doesn't get their own dedicated channel I hope they go to Versus or NBC Sports Channel or whatever it will be called. Other than ESPN this might be the clearest HD channel I have.

Heel

pieatorium said:
Laying there with your hands wrapped around your head isn't considered intelligent defence, plenty of other fights have been stopped in the same situation. Dean was screaming at him for a good 10 seconds to do something.

Agreed. I thought Herb gave him more of a chance than most refs would.

dream

Outlaw Dan is a pretty shitty fighter but he always comes off as being cool as hell. I'd rather see him on the roster than Generic Well Rounded Mixed Martial Arts Fighter Who Will Fight Whoever Joe Silva Puts In Front Of Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom