• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

RiggyRob

Hot damn, the amiibo are still available on GAME? It really must have been all the Americans buying them.

Plus, despite the expected £15 price for the individial amiibo, they've actually stuck with the £40 Splatoon + squid bundle and slightly cheaper than the Nintendo UK Online Store £60 Splatoon + triple pack bundle (minus the Splatoon shirt). Not bad for GAME.

Son Of D

The fact that GAME pre-order still seem to be up can either hint that £15 has become too much for some people or that non-UKers really were gobbling up all the orders.
ShopTo's the same price and offer international shipping I believe and they're sold out.

If Amazon stick with their £10.99 price as well as international shipping they'll fly off the equivalent of shelves.

mktrOOp

Banned
Guys, five minutes ago I bought impulsively a Toad amiibo for 17,94£ (25€) on GAME and I feel reaIIy bad right now. :(

I think I'II get 2-3 amiibos in the future (Yarn Yoshi, SMB Luigi and maybe Ness, but only god knows how to get one) and I'll be done with it.

Who am I kidding? I'm a poor student and don't know how to handle more amiibo waves. *cries*

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Game still available for pre-order, impressive! So good to see. Hopefully they aren't taking too many that they'll need to cancel. Not biting as patiently waiting for Nintendo or Amazon for that £10.99 price.

Seriously need that blue yarn Yoshi, wonder what price they'll be since they're a bit bigger.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
At that price may as well get the green yoshi bundle. Never used Zavvi before, are they ok? Same shipping company as the Nintendo UK site isn't it?

javac

All sold out now, thanks in no part to the importers tripping over themselves like mad dogs chasing a car, but I managed to get one of each in time.

Cappa

Banned
Zavvi seems to be good, and the prices are perfectly fine. Ordered and free delivery too!

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.zavvi.com

lol wtf so it looks like I was only able to get Olimar?

Code:
Thank you for your order with Zavvi.com. Details of your order are listed below: 

Your order number is: 52371679 
Description	Availability	Price	Qty	Gift Wrapping	Subtotal
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Ganondorf-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Bowser Jr-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Zero Suit Samus-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Dark Pit-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Olimar-Game	Preorder now	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Palutena-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Dr Mario-Game	Sold out	€15.19	1		€15.19
Total Delivery Cost:	€0.00
Total:	€107.38

Zafir

All sold out now, thanks in no part to the importers tripping over themselves like mad dogs chasing a car, but I managed to get one of each in time.
The fun thing is, there's been a lot of complaints in the past about their international shipping.

Oh well. Hopefully they'll put them up on the Nintendo Store UK soon(as Zavvi also runs it) which doesn't have international shipping, and maybe I'll get a chance at preordering for a cheaper price then. £15 from shopto just feels too much. :I

javac

At that price may as well get the green yoshi bundle. Never used Zavvi before, are they ok? Same shipping company as the Nintendo UK site isn't it?

The Nintendo UK Store is just Zavvi/The Hut, everything is pretty much the same. I use Zavvi a lot, they have good prices and deals every now and again. No issues on my end with them, but you can never say really. I always fear that shops don't close the gates quick enough and let people order even when they have sold out, but you'd think that it'd be automatic, right?

Cappa

Banned
I need to check the UK thread more. Got a zavvi order in luckily.

check your email.

My order went through

Thank you for your order with Zavvi.com. Details of your order are listed below:

Your order number is: 52371679

but from my post above everything is showing "sold out" except Olimar. So I'm assuming everything is going to get cancelled meh.

RiggyRob

Phew, managed to get my Woolly World bundle order in just before they sold out.

Edit: Wait, maybe I didn't - my email confirmation is showing its availability as 'Sold Out'.

Preordered Wooly World bundle, jigs, ZSS and Ganondorf :)

Is wooly world pretty much being given away with the amiibo or is this a pricing error?

Going by the Mario Party 10 and Splatoon bundles, it seems £40 is the RRP, so £35 is just a £5 saving offered by retailers (ShopTo are doing the same).

Nintendo seem to be going the route of 'budget' £30 game with £10 amiibo, which is a fucking excellent policy with me.

Semajer

I managed to get one of each from Zavvi, and the order email doesn't have anything listed as sold out. Has anyone used them before for preordering amiibo? How are they packaged?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
check your email.

My order went through

but from my post above everything is showing "sold out" except Olimar. So I'm assuming everything is going to get cancelled meh.
Mine says this... not sure if that means it's going to go through or not.
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Greninja-Game Preorder now £10.99 1 £10.99
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Zero Suit Samus-Game Preorder now £10.99 1 £10.99
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Palutena-Game Preorder now £10.99 1 £10.99
amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Jigglypuff-Game Preorder now £10.99 1 £10.99

The status in my order history is "awaiting stock pick".

Spades

I hope they come through for you, but I highly doubt Zavvi know what their allocation is considering Yoshi's haven't been up on GAME or Nintendo store yet.

Shafto

If they didn't know allocations, why would they be showing Sold Out so quickly?

Surely they'd just keep taking orders and cancel later.

Zafir

I doubt they'll cancel them, but I kind of get the feeling they may have been put up early accidentally.
If they didn't know allocations, why would they be showing Sold Out so quickly?

Surely they'd just keep taking orders and cancel later.
Sometimes Zavvi set products to sold out when they just want to stop people from buying it. It happens a lot with games they've made a bit too cheap.

RiggyRob

when I go to My Account on the Zavvi page it shows "Order Placed" nothing about being sold out.... hopefully they'll magically all go through. :)

that means you're probably getting them.... mine showed all Sold out except Olimar which showed Preorder now.

Mine says 'Order Processing' and 'Awaiting Stock Pick', but the email says 'Sold Out'. Hmm.

Ah well, nothing lost if it doesn't go through, and I know places will be offering it for £35, so it's just a question of whether you get extra freebies by going through the Nintendo UK Online Store instead.

Cappa

Banned
Mine says 'Order Processing' and 'Awaiting Stock Pick', but the email says 'Sold Out'. Hmm.

Ah well, nothing lost if it doesn't go through, and I know places will be offering it for £35, so it's just a question of whether you get extra freebies by going through the Nintendo UK Online Store instead.

Mine just changed to "Awaiting Stock Pick" as well, hopefully a good sign lol

Top Bottom