• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

MouldyK

Green Yoshi and my Lucina are coming!

I'll be at Smyths at 8am on Friday to hopefully get the Non-Yoshis...damn I need a job and fast.

Robin64

Smyths seems to be a great place to pick amiibo up, but my nearest is Milton Keynes and that's about an hour's drive away. Anyone had experience with that particular store and amiibo stock?

JordanKZ

Ganondorf on Saturday
Palutena today

Tomorrow could be Green Yoshi, Dark Pit and Zero Suit Samus. My other two Yoshi amiibo are in processing still...

Ashler

Went to my local supermarket and was surprised to find between regular amiibo:

DF7DB3E1-EA14-4A04-87C8-71AFB2A951FE_zpsoa0av62u.jpg

Yes please!

TheMoon

No luck today on my hunt. Will try again tomorrow. Stores only had restocks of reprint villagers (the eyes look so much better) and Wii Fit Trainer. Also some more of the recent Pokémon but I don't care about those.

Smyths seems to be a great place to pick amiibo up, but my nearest is Milton Keynes and that's about an hour's drive away. Anyone had experience with that particular store and amiibo stock?

The local one to me about ~15 minutes away usually gets in some of the secondary types ie Jigglypuff and Greninja but nothing exceedingly rare. They did have Meta Knight, Marth and Ike recently, not sure if they still do though.

Was checking my local Media Markt yesterday if the new wave (Ganondorf, etc.) were already on display ... while they were not available as of yesterday, i was told that i could reserve one unit of each.

So heads up if you have a Media Markt/Saturn nearby, ask if you can reserve the ones you want .. they even give you a call when they are ready to pick up!
Sweet mercy, not having to retail hunt them down ... *feelsgood.jpg*

Robin64

Things are looking up!

I'm also seeing a lot of people saying they won't obsessively collect amiibo after the Smash waves end, so that will help matters too. My dream of walking into a shop and buying one can come true!

It's actually the Animal Crossing cards I'm most curious about. I want to get a good collection of those, and I really hope they issue a folder to hold them all too.

Has anybody here had their Amiibos from Zavvi yet? I managed to preorder all of them when they went up. After receiving Greninja and Jigglypuff I haven't heard anything from them since. My orders for the next four Amiibos (Palutena, Ganon, ZSS and Dark Pit) all say 'Awaiting Stock Pick'.

Robin64

Despite a dispatch notice last Thursday for ZSS from ShopTo, I've still seen nothing. Odd. I guess they flagged it as sent out but haven't sent it out.

Kyari

I just got an email from GAME cancelling my ZSS and Palutena preorders because of an error with Paypal .... yet my Paypal account is fine. UGh :/

Edit: GAME has a bug in their accounts system it seems, if you have an old expired card registered on your account it thinks your method of payment has expired if you use Paypal.

Edit edit: Went back and preordered them again fine just now.

Bazry

shopto are absolutely dreadful

Mentioned in here a few times that they keep putting my billing address post code at the bottom of my delivery address one, causing Royal Mail to take days, some times week, to get the parcel to me once they've figured out the right address. I opened a ticket up regarding this, which someone responded to saying they'll look into it, then never got back to me. I received Greninja off them a few days late once again last month, so responded again and this time someone gave me their email address to send them a photo on my address label. I sent it it over and got a reply back saying they think they've fixed the problem, issue resolved, or so I thought.

I had Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf and Pauleta on pre order with them, before the £20 price bump. I hadn't seen any dispatch emails, so went to log into my account and can't do so, just get a username/password error. I check to see if i've had any promotional emails from them since the conversation with them, i'd had none. I emailed this person back asking whats happened to my account since our conversation, he tells me my account has been closed due to a duplicate one with the same details. Now many years back I lost access to an old email address so could no longer use accounts like my shopto one, so opened a new under a different email address and have used it for years. So basically because I had a issue and wanted it resolved, they've deleted my account and told me to use my old one.

Absolutely unbelievable

Anyone here got any recommendations for UK sellers doing cheap acryllic display steps? I got a DETOLF cabinet from IKEA recently and need 2 clear acryllic steps to put in them.

I got some off eBay but I misjudged the width I needed. I got some which were 40cm wide and the actual cabinet is 43cm but the space in which you have within that 43cm is a lot less, around 35cm. So a bogey on my part.

Anyone got any recommendations if you have similar displays?

I just got an email from GAME cancelling my ZSS and Palutena preorders because of an error with Paypal .... yet my Paypal account is fine. UGh :/

Edit: GAME has a bug in their accounts system it seems, if you have an old expired card registered on your account it thinks your method of payment has expired if you use Paypal.

Edit edit: Went back and preordered them again fine just now.

I just got exactly the same email for ZSS and Ganon. I managed to get Greninja this morning and paid via PayPal and totally forgot about my pre order for ZSS and Ganon back in April, both via PayPal, using my bank account. Greninja went through fine and has shipped, the other 2 didn't.

So I reckon they just keep the pre-orders open and then give a bullshit reason when out of stock.

Kyari

I just got exactly the same email for ZSS and Ganon. I managed to get Greninja this morning and paid via PayPal and totally forgot about my pre order for ZSS and Ganon back in April, both via PayPal, using my bank account. Greninja went through fine and has shipped, the other 2 didn't.

So I reckon they just keep the pre-orders open and then give a bullshit reason when out of stock.

Yeah I reordered them earlier and have since received another payment error cancellation with a different method of payment. I assume ZSS is sold out and they're just giving this generic error? I preordered back in April the day they went live :/

Edit: checked my paypal account, GAME's "payment error" apparently didn't stop them from taking the money and then refunding it:

MhA83re.png

I assume they're sold out on Zero Suit Samus and possibly Palutena and over sold way back in April

Edit edit: Third time's a charm. Removed ALL expired details from my account and bought the amiibos in seperate purchases and have now had confirmation.

Despite a dispatch notice last Thursday for ZSS from ShopTo, I've still seen nothing. Odd. I guess they flagged it as sent out but haven't sent it out.

I had ZSS and Ganondorf sent last Thursday and one showed up today. The other arrived on Saturday but I have no idea which is which as I haven't opened either yet. Hopefuully yours will turn up soon. I was surprised to see another ShopTo box today as I assumed that both would have been in the first package. It looks like Royal Mail is just being slow.

Koren

Situation is getting better, it seems...

I went to a shop this morning, they said they would receive ZSS / Ganon / Dark Pit and Palutena around 1PM. Unfortunately, I was working, so I came back at 6PM.

They obviously forgot my pre-order (not really surprised), but they still had, 5 hours later and several sales
- 2x Ganon
- 2x Palutena
- 5x Samus

I could even choose... and I haven't been able to buy a single Amiibo in brick'n mortar stores since Megaman/Sonic wave (and of this one, only Megaman and Sonic were available).

They unfortunately had sold their Dark Pit(s), but I was able to find one in another shop (FNAC)... the only Amiibo of this week wave on display. A bit lucky with this.

Pending Wool Yoshi, I'm back at 100%. \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Before I cancel my Amazon.fr preorder, has someone big troubles finding one of those (especially people living in France to avoid large shipping rate)? Speak quickly or never ^_^

BTW, the shop that had many Amiibos is a bit worried, because they now usually order 20 of each Amiibo in order to get half a dozen (because they used to order half a dozen and get only a single one at best), but should they suddenly receive their full orders, it may be a bit more difficult to sell them all.

With my OCD, I'm rather happy they haven't. I think two (rather bland) repaints are a bit much, but I'm not sure I would pass on it. Actually, I probably wouldn't.

jeffers

Situation is getting better, it seems...

I went to a shop this morning, they said they would receive ZSS / Ganon / Dark Pit and Palutena around 1PM. Unfortunately, I was working, so I came back at 6PM.

They obviously forgot my pre-order (not really surprised), but they still had, 5 hours later and several sales
- 2x Ganon
- 2x Palutena
- 5x Samus

I could even choose... and I haven't been able to buy a single Amiibo in brick'n mortar stores since Megaman/Sonic wave (and of this one, only Megaman and Sonic were available).

They unfortunately had sold their Dark Pit(s), but I was able to find one in another shop (FNAC)... the only Amiibo of this week wave on display. A bit lucky with this.

Pending Wool Yoshi, I'm back at 100%. \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Before I cancel my Amazon.fr preorder, has someone big troubles finding one of those (especially people living in France to avoid large shipping rate)? Speak quickly or never ^_^

BTW, the shop that had many Amiibos is a bit worried, because they now usually order 20 of each Amiibo in order to get half a dozen (because they used to order half a dozen and get only a single one at best), but should they suddenly receive their full orders, it may be a bit more difficult to sell them all.

With my OCD, I'm rather happy they haven't. I think two (rather bland) repaints are a bit much, but I'm not sure I would pass on it. Actually, I probably wouldn't.
Yeah I can see this being an issue. there could be a big inventory issue in the opposite direction.

At the moment I'm just missing Robin, Ness and Pacman (shulk and dedede too, but I'm still holding on to my original amazon preorders in the hope they'll get some in like they did with metaknight).

Managed to pick up Lucinia but not Robin during the restock. Hoping the others have another coming at some point :/

Not bothering with gold/silver since there is no eurobox version.

BahamutPT

Some Villager, Little Mac, Ness and Wii Fit Trainer restock today. Curiously, this one was also in the store from my previous post.

Bazry

After my shopto disaster, i've just ordered Dark Pit, ZSS and Ganondorf from Amazon Italy, totaling £36.68 :)

Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled

Top Bottom