• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Got me Dedede today thanks to Sir_Crocodile's post in here a few days ago so cheers for that, Dedede looks pretty dang spiffy, my favourite one so far.

Cappa

Banned
DeDeDe rosalína and Shulk restock are rumored for here next week in spain. The person on the forum I got this information has been pretty much spot on with the information. Don't know what that means for other countries but I'd be on the look out

JoeM86

Anyone know where I could find a King Dedede for a reasonable price? I'm having no luck with him...

I keep seeing Dedede at GAME lately. Give your local a shot.

Seriously, they have sorted supply out here. I can go into a shop and buy most of them...not just Peach anymore

Min0

It looks like there may be two options, Game+Book and Game+Book+Amiibo. Since both are bundles you may end up with the USK logo either way.

You are right, I didn't think about that. Well, it looks like I have to hunt for an amiibo bundle now.

TheMoon

I keep seeing Dedede at GAME lately. Give your local a shot.

Seriously, they have sorted supply out here. I can go into a shop and buy most of them...not just Peach anymore

They need to ship some to Germany already. I have one but it's still unopened because it has some flaws and I've been waiting for restocks to see if I can find a better one.

Where did you get Rosalina? She still hasn't appeared online anywhere AFAIK.

Grainger games. It was just in a display case. Bought Zelda from GAME, got home and realised that the plastic box had been sliced open to put a security tag inside the box, but I have lost / thrown away the receipt now. Can they not just put behind the counter and get them when they are asked for?
Not so bad if you open them, but shit for collecting purposes.

Kyari

Still can't find Charizard at a normal price. =(

Normal price or "Normal" price? Almost nowhere that isn't Argos sells amiibos for £10.99, I think most people have resigned themselves to the fate of paying £15 as "normal" price.

Also for anyone looking, Grainger Games seem to have received shipments of Rosalinas, she is plentiful on their shelves around the north at least.

Grainger games. It was just in a display case. Bought Zelda from GAME, got home and realised that the plastic box had been sliced open to put a security tag inside the box, but I have lost / thrown away the receipt now. Can they not just put behind the counter and get them when they are asked for?
Not so bad if you open them, but shit for collecting purposes.

Stock behind the counter doesn't sell, sadly. Any time we've got stuff that we can't put out for various reasons it'll never ever go. Shame about them doing that with the tag though, typically they go on the outside with the large sticker over, going to those lengths suggests there probably has been a theft issue with them before at that store.

If you didn't open it and used your reward card on the transaction you can still go back in and get it sorted out, they can look up your purchases from the reward card.

Ahh, good to know. I will try. I heard a rattle in the box, but I presumed it was the paper insert in the bottom, couldn't see anything in it. Only when I got home did I notice the slice down the side then the tag.

I now have a very happy daughter, thank you so much for posting!

Crazy how we seem to have accepted £14.99 as the going rate these days though...

Heh, it's like second nature for me to post stock updates in here, when I come across an amiibo I've been hunting for ages.

Glad it did some good!

Koren

If you want I have a spare one NiB, need Yarn Yoshi Green or Pink. I'm in Italy.
Is Yoshi so rare?

I've yet to see a single one in stores (or the bundle), although there's plently of the last Smash wave. Maybe it's related to destructed stock in France, but I'm still surprised... I was mildly interested to find a blue one in stores if I could because mine has a broken box, but no luck.

Koren

When is Duck Hunt's wave likely to go up for preorder?
Two weeks ago on Amazon.fr (in another major french supermarket chain, too) :/

Short answer: anytime... I've given up trying to predict when preorders show up. They are listed on Amazon.it IIRC.

Linius

Yeah, Shulk should still be up at Amazon DE. I'm glad I managed to get a hold of myself. I'm not ordering them anymore. My current count is 20 and it's bound to grow, but not like before anymore. 21 will probably be the 8 Bit Mario paired with the Mario Maker game if I can get a hold of a bundle for a decent price.

Linius

Oh, then they went faster than I thought. They were indeed still at a low price only minutes before your post. At least for more than an hour. And I expect many rare amiibo's to pop up a lot in the coming weeks. Even Little Mac appears in shops here and there, restocks are a thing.

And I'm rationalizing my Amiibo purchases more now :p

TheMoon

Oh, then they went faster than I thought. They were indeed still at a low price only minutes before your post. At least for more than an hour. And I expect many rare amiibo's to pop up a lot in the coming weeks. Even Little Mac appears in shops here and there, restocks are a thing.

And I'm rationalizing my Amiibo purchases more now :p

Yup, I've seen almost all the unicorns restocked now. Rosalina, Little Mac, the various Pokémanz, Meta Knight, Lucina, Robin, Ness, Villager V2 and today I finally saw Pac Man and Marth restocks. Bought me a Marth without the derp face. :D

DeDeDe should be coming soon, too (apparently UK already got shipments). Toad has to return as well since they're launching the Game+Amiibo bundle at the end of the month.

Linius

Silly question, but they will have the same packaging in germany as the uk?

Yeah, all European amiibo look the same. The only difference is between regions. American ones don't have a follow up number and Japanese ones have Japanese language on them as you might have guessed.

Linius

The thing with the Mii's is, I know none of you will be able to buy just one of them
p1kx90C.png

Linius

The packaging is exactly the same if you ask me. I didn't spot any differences besides the missing number of course. Still have my Silver Mario packaged here. So when my Dr. Mario arrives I will take another look with the two of them next to each other to be sure :p

Mob

The packaging is exactly the same if you ask me. I didn't spot any differences besides the missing number of course. Still have my Silver Mario packaged here. So when my Dr. Mario arrives I will take another look with the two of them next to each other to be sure :p

The layout on the back of the packaging is slightly different as well as the missing numbering.
It is only a slight difference but I do prefer the EU packaging overall.

TheMoon

I love the numbering on the PAL region boxes. I don't get why they don't doo them everywhere since they are all released in the same order anyway.

BTW, all of the Amazon.de wave 6 pre orders have sold out.

Yay for all the Americans who saw that they shipped to the US again. :)

Top Bottom