• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Oxx

I forgot to cancel my Amazon UK Shulk order after I got one from Argos.

I just assumed it would never happen.

Oh well, two Shulks.

Zomba13

You mean in UK?

Because all shops I use sell Amiibos for 14.99€ (which is less than 11£) or sometimes 12.99€ (a bit more than 9£)...

Yeah I mean in the UK. They were all £10.99 or so for a while then they started selling out so everywhere started increasing their prices.

There are leaked images of the Game and Watch amiibo (European version):

http://nintendoeverything.com/leaked-images-of-the-game-watch-amiibo-box/?pid=85756

Looks cool.

amiibo-s-1.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
wow Duck hunt still pre-orderable on amazon.de, right now.

is amiibo craze dying out?? I think Europe and Japan have got their shit sorted out regarding amiibo demand, Everything is everywhere at retail or near-retail price.

Zafir

is amiibo craze dying out?? I think Europe and Japan have got their shit sorted out regarding amiibo demand, Everything is everywhere at retail or near-retail price.

The latest wave has been available online for quite a while in the UK without selling out. So it seems to be getting better?

TheMoon

The craze isn't dying out, they've just gotten their shipments up to more reasonable numbers.

JonnyKong

I think some people might just be a bit wary of ordering from foreign websites. I bet Duck Hunt and others will still sell out super fast once they go up on the Nintendo site, shopto etc

Porcile

After the last week or two of restocks, I don't feel the need to get too worked up about not getting the Amiibo I want first time around. I'll wait it out till I can find the ones I want at reasonable price.

TheMoon

So where are you guys planning to get Famicom R.O.B. from?

both NA and EU collectors will now scavenge Japan for that one. Gonna be fun lol.

Finally saw a JigglyPuff out in the wild today and snapped it up. Bit annoyed to have resorted to paying over the odds for it (Fuck GAME), but figured it's be both the first and last time I'd see it.

A friend of mine is visiting New York and found a Splatoon 3 pack that they're bringing back for me. If they actually come through I may have a spare Inkling Squid Amiibo that I could spare. Open, but in perfect nick. Not sure how rare it is now, though.

kubus

Bowser Jr. was finally listed on amazon.de today but he was sold out within 20 minutes. I missed him :(. Kept trying to add him to basket but when I did it kept saying my basket was empty... Repeated this until they finally removed him completely. Grrr.

MKUltra

I've had my Dr Mario/Olimar/Bowser Jr. Order cancelled from GAME :/ Hopefully I can find them at Argos/Smyths on Friday like I did with the last wave.

mclem

Have Amazon UK done their amiibo announcement they were going to do yesterday yet?

I assume the Reddit guy who hinted at it originally will make the announcement at some point, so you can keep an eye on AmazonJosh.

Given this, though:

You'll probably see it from a bunch of different places around the same time, honestly. I think you'd be hard-pressed to miss it.

that suggests that it's big enough news for other sites to report on it. My money's on an official EU release of the silver and/or the gold marios.

(In context, the following doesn't necessarily mean what it implies, but it's possible he's being a bit impish:)

Playing devil's advocate, if we were to say "Mario amiibo, now available on Amazon," is that not an announcement? :)

Well Nintendo Store are crap. Got an email that my payment details didn't work so I contacted them to try and update them... nope I have to cancel my order and re-place it. I pointed out to them that it was a pre-order for items that are now sold out and they just said nope still have to cancel it. Twats.

Now I need to find Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr and Olimar elsewhere. -.-

Zafir

Well Nintendo Store are crap. Got an email that my payment details didn't work so I contacted them to try and update them... nope I have to cancel my order and re-place it. I pointed out to them that it was a pre-order for items that are now sold out and they just said nope still have to cancel it. Twats.

Yeah I've had that happen before. They can change the details if you used a card, but paypal you're shit outta luck. Not to mention issues happen a lot with pre-orders, paypal, and them. I've taken to just not using paypal with them for pre-orders.

Porcile

I might be going crazy but aren't all three still on Amazon for pre-order?

Yeah I've had that happen before. They can change the details if you used a card, but paypal you're shit outta luck. Not to mention issues happen a lot with pre-orders, paypal, and them. I've taken to just not using paypal with them for pre-orders.
That's so frustrating :/ might try phone them but my fate is already sealed i'm sure.

I might be going crazy but aren't all three still on Amazon for pre-order?
Thanks, yeah they are, but for those 3 amiibo at £15 instead of £11 from Nintendo that's going to cost me more than I want to spend on them :( Might just wait for them to start popping into stock at Tesco like with the others I missed!

mclem

Wait. I've just looked over this again, and looked into AmazonJosh, and I see no mention of it being a UK thing. Looks like the US. Which, if nothing else, throws my silver/gold mario theories out the window.

Yeah I didn't check it properly, silver is available from Amazon.com it generally works out less than £15 to ship it to uk, that's how I got mine!

Top Bottom