• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

On Friday, I ordered a bunch of amiibo on Nintendo's store, but because they were replenishing their stock gradually, I didn't want to wait until everything I wanted was in stock in case I missed out on any.

As a result, I initially placed an order for four amiibo, and then 5-10 minutes later, I placed a new order for those same four, plus a fifth (I couldn't just simply order the last amiibo on it's own, as postage is only free when you spend over a certain amount in one order). I then immediately cancelled my previous order.

Shortly after, I then did the same thing for a sixth amiibo.

Annoyingly, I later received an e-mail telling me that they were unable to process my cancellation requests, despite me requesting each cancellation within a few minutes of placing the order. It said I could return them after receiving them. I've now received two of the orders (one with six amiibo, and one with five; I'm still waiting on the one with four), so as soon as the final one turns up, I have to return them. This is annoying; I hope they reimburse me somehow for posting both of the boxes back, since I requested each cancellation almost immediately, and wouldn't even have had to do so if they simply restocked everything at once. Their current system is incompatible with the free postage policy, because I'd be stupid to order one at a time, and waiting too long in the hope that more that I want are restocked is risky, as then I risk others selling out.

Koren

Still require Amiibo 36 - Greninja for a complete set!

Anyone seen it anyplace please?
It appeared on several Amazon a couple days ago. It isn't available anymore from Amazon, but several 3rd-party sellers have it for reasonable prices (17-18€ including shipping, which is ~13£)

Flintty

On Friday, I ordered a bunch of amiibo on Nintendo's store, but because they were replenishing their stock gradually, I didn't want to wait until everything I wanted was in stock in case I missed out on any.

As a result, I initially placed an order for four amiibo, and then 5-10 minutes later, I placed a new order for those same four, plus a fifth (I couldn't just simply order the last amiibo on it's own, as postage is only free when you spend over a certain amount in one order). I then immediately cancelled my previous order.

Annoyingly, I later received an e-mail telling me that they were unable to process my cancellation requests, despite me requesting each cancellation within a few minutes of placing the order. It said I could return them after receiving them. I've now received two of the orders (one with six amiibo, and one with five; I'm still waiting on the one with four), so as soon as the final one turns up, I have to return them. This is annoying; I hope they reimburse me somehow for posting both of the boxes back, since I requested each cancellation almost immediately, and wouldn't even have had to do so if they simply restocked everything at once. Their current system is incompatible with the free postage policy, because I'd be stupid to order one at a time, and waiting too long in the hope that more that I want are restocked is risky, as then I risk others selling out.

Exactly the same happened to me. Fucking useless. That was Saturday and still no response to my return request.

Exactly the same happened to me. Fucking useless. That was Saturday and still no response to my return request.

I also contacted them about a month ago regarding them sending me two amiibos with their packaging bent at a 90-degree angle, so that they'd fit into a cardboard box that was clearly too small for them.

It was nearly two weeks before I heard back from them. I'm stunned that their customer service is so godawful.

EmiPrime

I have some unwanted amiibo of my own coming, I forgot I had a pre-order with Zavvi and they are only now sending them. Can I decline the package and ask the courier to return to sender? I think it's yodel.

sphinx

the piano man
I want to know what's the fucking deal with Splatton and Colored Yoshi amiibo.

I think we've got all rare Smash figures in Germany finally but now play the "catch me if you can" with those series.

it's like nintendo produced 20 of them,

mclem

I want to know what's the fucking deal with Splatton and Colored Yoshi amiibo.

The Yarn Yoshi are interesting, in that I don't think they've yet appeared on the Nintendo store as a standalone item. That must happen at some point, surely?

Edit: Hmm. I say that, and I've just noticed that the triple pack including the game is in stock on the Nintendo Store UK - and because it's a bundle, it's not listed with the other Amiibo. I've already bought the game and Green, so that's not for me, but that's not too bad a deal for someone who has none (All three amiibos, plus the game, £77)

Individual packs with the game and a single colour are also available, if you're interested in the smaller Amiibo bundle and don't want Green.

Koren

Welcome aboard, and sorry ^_^

Warning: after some time, you may buy them all, or even twice of each to keep one in box ^_^

Individual packs with the game and a single colour are also available, if you're interested in the smaller Amiibo bundle and don't want Green.
The point still stands... I've NEVER seen a SINGLE Yarn Yoshi Amiibo in stores. Not even the bundle.

I know some stock has been destroyed in France, but still...

And also not so often online, I don't even remember the blue one being available since the release.

That's strange, but it may be because they're more expensive to produce...

img_0312sesxs.jpg

img_0313afs4z.jpg

Pictures of our local Saturn. Plenty of amiibo to choose from. Picked up Ness.

Where is this? I'm in awe of not only how well-stocked they are, but how tidy it is, and that they keep live games and hardware out on the shop floor.

Flintty

I also contacted them about a month ago regarding them sending me two amiibos with their packaging bent at a 90-degree angle, so that they'd fit into a cardboard box that was clearly too small for them.

It was nearly two weeks before I heard back from them. I'm stunned that their customer service is so godawful.

They responded to my five emails today with a shipping label for me to return at their cost. Satisfactory resolution I suppose.

N1njasquirrel

Neo Member

If one of them was a meta-knight I'll buy it off you? Or a trade if you want a pac man (I did exactly the same thing. lol)

I've got around 50 Amiibo at this point.

So far i have kept them all in their boxes, but they take up SO much space.

I will be moving out of my flat for a new place in a few months and im considering opening them all up for ease of transport. Thoughts on that?

Also, what sort of container would be best for actually transporting them?

I was thinking something like one of these Wahammer citadel cases?
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Crusade-Figure-Case?_requestid=8731768

I will be moving out of my flat for a new place in a few months and im considering opening them all up for ease of transport. Thoughts on that?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Crusade-Figure-Case?_requestid=8731768

Open them up. I'm guessing you don't have room to display all of them whilst in their boxes, and you also can't use them in-game either, so what's the point? As for transporting them, spending that much money on a case is insane. Just put them in a bag and be careful. They're sturdy enough.

I'd transport them in their packaging and then open them up. You should be able to save space by putting them 'head to toe'.

Chopper

Got Toon Link, Sheik, Pac-Man and Classic Mario in the post this week.

That just leaves a few really common Wave 1, such as Pikachu and Mario, and Peach, Bowser, Luigi and Yoshi from the Classic series to go!

Robin64

That price of €7.99 equate to ¥1095.

I know we shouldn't directly compare, but that's 365% the price of the cards in Japan.

Fuck that.

mclem

I'll wait to judge until I see the price on the Nintendo Store for them, but that's certainly a worrying early pricetag.

Spades

The fact that they are doing this gives me more fear that argos asking £9.99 WILL be the RRP for these in the UK

I mean, you'd have to assume Argos would've asked Nintendo the RRP before publishing their physical catalogue - or they would've just put TBC by the price?

Robin64

what do the tea leaves say about when Nintendo will put up the next wave on the UK store?

They haven't really gotten through the last wave yet, mind. Only a few sold out, amiibo like Pit, Ness, Pac-Man, and Robin are still up. It's nuts.

JoeM86

On October 2nd, a special folder will come out that contains slots for all 100 Animal Crossing cards from Series 1. Don't know if there will be folders for Series 2 through 4 but wouldn't be surprised

niiG3jF.jpg

Chopper

I'm not even going to start with the cards, nintendo has pushed this too far now
Me neither. I own every amiibo, and I looooove Animal Crossing, but the cards are too much money and effort to bother with. I wouldn't be able to just own a few of them, and collecting the whole lot will consume my life and my wallet. Thanks but no thanks Nintendo.

Flintty

On October 2nd, a special folder will come out that contains slots for all 100 Animal Crossing cards from Series 1. Don't know if there will be folders for Series 2 through 4 but wouldn't be surprised

niiG3jF.jpg

Fuck sake keep that shit AWAY from me! The temptation is too great!

Porcile

It's been a long time since Nintendo made something I didn't want, but the Animal Crossing cards are finally the thing I really don't want.

JoeM86

It's been a long time since Nintendo made something I didn't want, but the Animal Crossing cards are finally the thing I really don't want.

I give it two months after launch before you're here trying to find a Tortimer card to finish your collection :p

Porcile

I give it two months after launch before you're here trying to find a Tortimer card to finish your collection :p

haha. I do have a penchant for blind bag purchases (thank you for ruining me, Forbidden Planet) but these are just waaay too expensive for me to impulse buy. The Animal Crossing Amiibo though? Fuck yeah.

Chopper

haha. I do have a penchant for blind bag purchases (thank you for ruining me, Forbidden Planet) but these are just waaay too expensive for me to impulse buy. The Animal Crossing Amiibo though? Fuck yeah.
Haha. Same. Fuck these cards. But you try and stop me buying all the actual AC amiibo, and I will fight you.

kubus

Speaking of animal crossing card prices, a Dutch site is selling them for €5 per booster pack and amazon France has lowered their price from €8 to €6.

I think prices will end up somewhere around €5 for a booster pack which is still twice as much as in Japan...

That collector album is a bit of a dick move.. I was planning to just casually buy a booster pack once in a while but now I want that album and having that album is going to make me want to complete my collection :(

JoeM86

Would need at least 44 packs for a full set. At Amazon's price, that'd be £275

I fully expect the actual price to be £3 max.

Top Bottom