• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Even Abbott's getting in on the bantz game.

ti8tlu2.png

Sounds like she wants Rudd by the school gates at 3:30pm.

Empty

not really comfortable with implication that may forced rudd to do it while she was greiving, rudd is probably ambitious and makes her own choices. i'm sure may would have happily sent out that oaf fallon instead if rudd backed out, anything to avoid being personally humiliated on stage by corbyn.

hohoXD123

not really comfortable with implication that may forced rudd to do it while she was greiving, rudd is probably ambitious and makes her own choices. i'm sure may would have happily sent out that oaf fallon instead if rudd backed out, anything to avoid being personally humiliated on stage by corbyn.

Even being ambitious, not sure why any Tory would have willingly taken May's place seeing it was a guarantee that they would be ganged up on and come out worse regardless of their performance.

DavidDesu

She said it was to spend time with the public instead, and preparing for Brexit negotiations.

You know, typical tory bollocks.

Then she spent her time with the public, on TV, to criticise Corbyn for appearing on TV so much while she was apparently planing for Brexit negotiations (while speaking to the public live on TV).

Philly40

fuckthesnpfuckthesnpfuckthesnpfuckthesnp

WE are so close to a hung parliament and freedom from Tory rule and those cunts are spoiling it. Fuck them all.

FWIW I've voted Labour in every GE since early '90s, in various constituencies in Scotland and England, mostly on the losing side.

I'll be voting SNP next week, not particularly happy about it, but the Tories may be close to taking the seat. The sitting MP I'll be voting for is someone I personally dislike.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 39% (+3)
LDEM: 7% (-2)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @YouGov / 30 - 31 May)

Has Theresa May actually said why she wasn't​ participating?
Because she wants to go and meet voters instead apparently. I want to see the evidence.. which voters did she meet this evening?
The more I see of Corbyn the more I like him.
Same. When Theresa called the election I thought it was a no-brainer and I was going to vote Tory because of Labour's disarray. But I have now made my postal vote.. and it wasn't Tory.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/870025264239177729

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 39% (+3)
LDEM: 7% (-2)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @YouGov / 30 - 31 May)

YouGov really are playing with fire here - they really don't have a good track record recently and despite the narrowing election only they have Labour anywhere near this close. Either YouGov are playing a blinder or they're going to look very, very silly.

Hope it's accurate obvs

Empty

Even being ambitious, not sure why any Tory would have willingly taken May's place seeing it was a guarantee that they would be ganged up on and come out worse regardless of their performance.

nah it's a great way to raise your profile and everyone blames may more than rudd for what happened.

I'm trying really hard not to get excited about those polls but frankly as long as Tories lose seats I would say this is a good sign for Labour.

A Labour majority would be absolutely incredible though.

It's Yougov but if the other polls also show a further narrowing in the gap...

This is the thing they all show a narrowing but only YouGov and them alone are getting these kind of numbers. A lot of people seem to rate them as the best pollster but imo they're just really good at promotion.

Hazzuh

I respect YouGov for sticking with what their methodology is telling them and not putting their finger on the scale to make it fit the conventional wisdom but I still can't really see Labour getting 39% of the vote when the Tories have a 30+% lead amongst 65+.

Audioboxer

YouGov really are playing with fire here - they really don't have a good track record recently and despite the narrowing election only they have Labour anywhere near this close. Either YouGov are playing a blinder or they're going to look very, very silly.

Hope it's accurate obvs

Fully prepare yourself for polls once again to take the L come the night of counting the votes.

This topic will be fucking mayhem once the counting starts.

Just finished watching and overall I think it was great, got a bit shouty but I think it focused on two massive points- May being scared to debate and the failings of the Tories.

Both of these points are clear to the population and are powerful in combating the only message that the Tories have been basing their campaign on.

As for each person:

Caroline - easily did the best, had some amazingly simple but powerful questions and points that will go over well.

Farron - actually turned me around on him and really performed well with some damn fine burns.

Corbyn - got a little flustered at a couple points but I don't think it took away from his message and overall great performance plus he had some great responses from the crowd.

Leanne - sadly got shut out but I suppose it's fair being her party. Didn't come across as experienced as most of the others but she got plenty of good digs in.

Angus - overall did great and again had some great statements and really put the pressure on the tories. His comparison to labour and ukip on immigration was bullshit though, appreciate the need to fight labour in Scotland but that was wrong.

Nuttal - clearly a piece of shit racist but for those openly and self denying racist audience I think he performed really well. Other than the benefits for racists he was Terrible though.

Rudd - absolutely terrible. Being able to compare each party at once really shows how fake and market tested the Tories are. Everything was soundbites or personal attacks on Corbyn. Also that justification for selling arms was absolutely disgusting and if there is any justice it will be picked up on (it won't happen though).

Take away - in an ideal world this will help drive the wedge between the Tories pr machine and turn people off from them even more. I think ukip and labour could steal some votes back from the Tories, ukip for the right and labour from the centrists.

I do think this could really harm may, she is getting called out for being weak by an increasingly growing amount of people and this was her final (in the publics eye) test and she failed.

Hopefully the press can't attack Corbyn too much because of the forced attention on May and the Tories failures.

Wouldn't want to place a bet on a Tory win. The moat has been breached and the door is on its last hinge. Can see any of the three outcomes.

Tories can't seem to stop stepping on rakes

qyBxOYH.gif

I hope at least next election the Tories get what they deserve. To lose badly to a competent opposition.

I think YouGov's samples of young voters has an unprecedented number of them telling them they're "certain to vote", explaining these results. Of course, I'm preparing to be bitterly disappointed by my generations's laziness regardless. Destroying their own futures, they are.

kmag

I've never really trusted YouGov. There's something about their fundamental online opt in model which just seems wrong. Their cohort is self selecting (opting into their online polls) and while it might be demographically diverse, it's demographically diverse people who ALL signed up for online polling. Might not be significant but it's like polling a demographically and socially diverse group who all happen to like marmite.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm beginning to wonder if YouGov are predicting a sizable Under-25 turnout? That could explain the discrepancy between theirs and other polls.

57% from that one. Higher than 2015, lower than referendum.

Izuna

Banned
Wouldn't want to place a bet on a Tory win. The moat has been breached and the door is on its last hinge. Can see any of the three outcomes.

Tories can't seem to stop stepping on rakes

qyBxOYH.gif

if the odds are good why the hell not, it's a safe af bet.

... ;/ the fact that I don't think so anymore shows how bizarre this all is.

After the event

FfXhrUG.png

nah, it's January, just trolling

Almost puked at the thought of UKIP being that high

What's their methodology for that poll?

YouGov give much more benefit of the doubt to young voters saying they're definitely going to vote than say, ICM, who weight based on how that age group turned out in the past, which has mostly worked in the past. So it's a judgment call really, this election could indeed break the trend re youth turnout.

I've never really trusted YouGov. There's something about their fundamental online opt in model which just seems wrong. Their cohort is self selecting (opting into their online polls) and while it might be demographically diverse, it's demographically diverse people who ALL signed up for online polling. Might not be significant but it's like polling a demographically and socially diverse group who all happen to like marmite.

AFAIK online polling was more accurate than telephone polling for the referendum, unless I got that wrong. Yougov were the only ones that predicted a slight Leave lead a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom