• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faddy

Banned
Thornbury is very hit and miss. That was one of her good days, she savaged that poor bastard.

1v1 is very good for her, exuberance works best in that setting. Other times it goes off the rails.

President Corbyn out meeting the voters, glad handing as he makes his exit

Goodlife

Everyone I speak to who are long term Labour supporters say they don't want to vote for Corbyn. My self included.

Where the fuck does that leave us?
Given our (shit) FPTP voting system, pretty much any vote not given to Labour is a vote for the Tories (apart from the lib Dem seats / lib - Tory marginals) if you're not ok with that then you just have to suck it up and vote for him

Everyone I speak to who are long term Labour supporters say they don't want to vote for Corbyn. My self included.

You could vote for your local Labour candidate who might not tow the party line and provide a moderate opposition within the party?

If your local MP is Diane Abbott or Thornberry... I'm sorry.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Given our (shit) FPTP voting system, pretty much any vote not given to Labour is a vote for the Tories (apart from the lib Dem seats / lib - Tory marginals) if you're not ok with that then you just have to suck it up and vote for him

Looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and vote for Labour then. Best I can hope for is some sort of coalition.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is neither a debate, nor is it informative, it is entirely nothing but a bunch of adults acting like 6 year olds in a sandpit. I, absolutely, hate, politics.

Hazzuh

Maybe vote on policy not personality? This isn't 'Murica.

Policy isn't the only thing that matters in politics. Corbyn is totally inept. Fortunately Labour are not going to form a government so that doesn't matter too much.

Unsure. May hates rivals.

I get the impression she trusts Rudd a lot more than Hammond or any of the other potential chancellors. She could also go with Fallon?

Daemul

Unless you and the people you speak to are from Islington North this shouldn't even be an issue for you.

EDIT: FML. Beaten by 10 mins.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
On balance, I think that was better for Labour than worse, but overall will have very little impact, so in relative terms was a 'failure'. I think there was a chance for hung parliament; I'm not sure it was taken.

Empty

hold your nose and vote labour. the manifesto is full of great policies which are a real break from the horrible situation that our healthcare system, our housing system, and our education system have been put in by a tory government.

you can look through old politics threads on this forum, i've spent ages slagging off corbyn's leadership since 2015 and questioning his choices. but fundamentally this country is in desperate need for the kind of policies only a labour government can deliver.

Audioboxer

Right where he wants you

D1v1cLi.gif

Seriously. It's ridiculous there's even any question here, vote for the party which offers the better policy, not for the figurehead. This is precisely why Trump got into power, because it was all about 'crooked Hilary' and other such bollocks.

A leader does matter and it can lead to apathy, but it's not like Corbyn is May/Farage, so "just not liking the guy" might need to take the back burner to policy in the short-term. He's aided in putting stuff in that manifesto the rUK, notably England, should have seen well before now.

Voting labour still, hopefully? Thinking corbyn is a douche or lame or whatever shouldn't really matter in the face of Tory policy. I know democracy runs on emotion over policy more often than not but as someone aware of the problem you have an obligation to fight it

On balance, I think that was better for Labour than worse, but overall will have very little impact, so in relative terms was a 'failure'. I think there was a chance for hung parliament; I'm not sure it was taken.
If he wasn't there then any of the digs about Theresa May not being there would have equally landed at his feet, so I think on that alone it's a win for them.

I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU ALL FARRON WAS A GOOD EGG.

That was absolute pristine, vintage Farron. Exactly the man he is and exactly the performance he needed to give.

Everyone is going to remember that Bake Off comment.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Policy isn't the only thing that matters in politics. Corbyn is totally inept. Fortunately Labour are not going to form a government so that doesn't matter too much.

I get the impression she trusts Rudd a lot more than Hammond or any of the other potential chancellors. She could also go with Fallon?

Current PM is scared to turn up to a debate...it makes you think if all the mud that's been thrown at Corbyn could just as easily stick to May if she hadn't inherited the leadership with zero contest.

You say inept, but the only other real choice is a leader who only sees specifically vetted members of the public and doesn't even want to turn up to a debate?

Yes, neither of them are Obama tier personalities, but you either vote for his party, or you effectively help the conservatives. And that's fine, of course, I'm not going to tell you would be wrong for voting tory (even though it's totally my opinion that I would never even consider them).

And you aren't voting for Corbyn unless you live in Islington anyway

Looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and vote for Labour then. Best I can hope for is some sort of coalition.

You vote for the party, not the person.

The Labour party has a good manifesto and Corbyn himself said it was made by consensus with the party members, not him acting alone.

The alternative is May and that, for me, is unacceptable.

Breakage

I don't really like TV debates, but May's absence makes her look utterly pathetic. Rudd telling people to vote for someone who didn't even bother to show up looked incredibly stupid and it shows how the Cons have become the Theresa May party.

Farron's Bake Off KO is gonna gain traction.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU ALL FARRON WAS A GOOD EGG.

That was absolute pristine, vintage Farron. Exactly the man he is and exactly the performance he needed to give.

Everyone is going to remember that Bake Off comment.

Oh, you think they're going to report that?

Yeah your boy done good today, apart from a few awkward moments. Great performance by the good, weird egg.

deadduck

Vote for policy, it's not Britain's got Talent.

That's why the press concentrate on Labour leader character assassination. A form of voter suppression by proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom