• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gun_haver

Miliband is being absolutely savage on Twitter. Glad he is seeking re-election. He could be just the man for the job of heading up the nationalisation program.

I'm pretty sure I saw somebody in this topic make that same joke yesterday. I'm sure it's been made a few thousand times over the UK as well.

Ed is and will forever be a stiff.

At least Andrew Neil didn't ask anything about Christianity. Some here were expecting so, and for it to be a large part.

I wonder where the Lib Dems would be if they went all out for the EU. I remember people saying that at the start they should do that, here we are and the Lib Dems in the polls look dead sadly.

Ed is Twitters George Costanza. You stick a mic in front of him and he buckles, give him time to think and he's hilarious.
His appearance on the Last Leg the other month was poor. He was a good sport for how much they made fun of him, but lacked any of his Twitter wit.

At least Andrew Neil didn't ask anything about Christianity. Some here were expecting so, and for it to be a large part.

I wonder where the Lib Dems would be if they went all out for the EU. I remember people saying that at the start they should do that, here we are and the Lib Dems in the polls look dead sadly.

I feel the question of leaving the EU is done for most people, they've moved on to just wanting to make sure they aren't too negatively impacted by the exit more than anything. At least that's the sense I get from talking to a few work colleagues and friends.

No-one wants a second referendum and while it one wasn't binding either, not carrying it out doesn't play well with people, even those who voted remain.

Faddy

Banned

It would have been tough to do it for 4 years and all through the talks but once the GE was called they should have immediately taken the hardest anti-Brexit line possible.

+32 seats for the Conservatives is still worse than most projections. May's tenure would be over pretty quick for bungling up what should have been a goddamn coronation that badly.

+32 seats for the Conservatives is still worse than most projections. May's tenure would be over pretty quick for bungling up what should have been a goddamn coronation that badly.

I think she'll survive, as much as the Tories love to backstab each other and get rid of perceived weak leaders, they can't afford to have another leadership contest so soon after an election.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
she'll be the brexit sacrifice when it goes to shit. The Tories will stab her in the back at the first opportunity.

I still think they'll be another election within a year of the brexit deal.

WhatNXt

They don't deserve to gain 32 seats by any stretch of the imagination. They don't deserve to gain a single one.

I'll hold no false hopes but I'll be praying for a far better outcome than that. I want the British people to earn some respect and show they're not absolute idiots. Because waving through that non specific carte blanche manifesto and rewarding the social and political ineptitude of recent weeks would be exactly that. A hung Parliament would be preferable to me if Labour can't win.

Beefy

Some old white women starting go crazy at me on Twitter. She is a Tory supporter who was saying how shit Corbyn was. So I said least he turned up. The went on a rant about Labour would be a disaster, so I posted the G7 shit, she said that report means nothing because the Independent isn't in print anymore. Then I linked her the poverty data and she said Austerity was working. 🤔

Some old white women starting go crazy at me on Twitter. She is a Tory supporter who was saying how shit Corbyn was. So I said least he turned up. The went on a rant about Labour would be a disaster, so I posted the G7 shit, she said that report means nothing because the Independent isn't in print anymore. Then I linked her the poverty data and she said Austerity was working. 🤔

Sounds like a tory in true panic mode, noticed a lot of that last few days.

It is.

Britain’s billionaires have seen their net worth more than double since the recession, with the richest 1,000 families now controlling a total of £547bn.

While average UK incomes have yet to recover from the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, with thousands still flocking to food banks, the financial elite have emerged not only with their fortunes intact, but holding a larger than ever slice of the cake.

Their assets have increased from £258bn in 2009, a rise of more than 112%, according to the 2015 Sunday Times Rich List. The past 12 months saw the biggest bounce for the UK super-rich in six years, and London now has 80 billionaires, up from 72 last year – more than any other world city.

from 2015, mind, but not much has changed.

She said you can't call it poverty as it isn't as bad as Africa. Can't be debating with people that think that shit

She really should leave that bubble world and go outside, maybe check out a food bank or 10. Poverty is poverty regardless of which continent it occurs in.

Hazzuh

The Times circling the wagon around May:

DBQ7VWiXkAAW6lR.jpg

Izuna

Banned
Found my polling card underneath all this spam. I guess my flatmates don't know what one looks like since they DON'T VOTE.

GAF tell me... Does Labour have a big shot at this? Should I refrain from voting my party just so we kick out the Tories?

Real Hero

Found my polling card underneath all this spam. I guess my flatmates don't know what one looks like since they DON'T VOTE.

GAF tell me... Does Labour have a big shot at this? Should I refrain from voting my party just so we kick out the Tories?
You should vote for whoever will get the Tories out where you are

Funny thing, tories realised such attacks were not working. Yet the tory press keeps trying to lower the tone over and over and every day poll gap shrinks. Keep it going please.

Real Hero

There's a point were super negative and consistent attacks against one party or person doesn't work. The 2015 federal election in Canada was an example of this.
We are British not Canadians though, we thrive on negativity (I'm being negative right now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom