• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
"Why do you want to take the right to have a zero hours contract away from me?"
"Why do you want one?"
"So I can organise my hours."

That's called a timetable, you negotiate that separately as part of a contract, which coincidentally, a zero hours contract doesn't tend to factor in.

That was a shambles, Corbyn actually did fantastic but because of the horrible and fucking pointless questions it is gonna come across as terrible.

And may got to fucking sleepwalk her way with barely any challenge but Corbyn gets railroaded.

Fucking infuriating.

Empty

he finished well but he got absolutely destroyed by the nuclear stuff.

that's the stuff that will stay in the news till the sunday politics shows

Audioboxer

Wwu9B4A.png

Get em telt. LET'S NUKE THE FUCKING WORLD!

Dougald

"Why do you want to take the right to have a zero hours contract away from me?"
"Why do you want one?"
"So I can organise my hours."

That's called a timetable, you negotiate that separately from a zero hours contract.

That kid has clearly never worked a job in his life, zero hours or not

Rodelero

When Theresa May wins, it's because of people just like that series of uncouth, beligerant and arrogant old men asking stupid questions about the IRA and Trident. God I hate this country.

StayDead

Wwu9B4A.png

He's saying we talk before they even get to the point of attacking. These ignorant people are so stupid.

If one person pushes the red button we're all dead anyway. Firing back isn't going to do anything. FIRING FIRST is especially not going to do anything, because they'll just fire back.

Everyone will die the second someone launches a nuke.

When Theresa May wins, it's because of people just like that series of uncouth, beligerant and arrogant old men asking stupid questions about about the IRA and Trident. God I hate this country.

And young people who love zero hour contracts and hate there being no tuition fees at uni, apparently. This country is downright bizarre.

Maztorre

Half of this audience is a shining example of what happens when a country has unresolved delusions and national myths that have gone unchallenged. Decrying the IRA while demanding a nuclear strike.

Pinkuss

Wwu9B4A.png

Fucking hell. Because the wars in recent years have achieved so much. Syria isn't black and white, we arm some people we bomb others (deja vu). Or there's Libya which is apparently a disaster now.

You could also argue one of the biggest terrorist threats (I think, I was young), the IRA situation was solved via talking.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was a shambles, Corbyn actually did fantastic but because of the horrible and fucking pointless questions it is gonna come across as terrible.

And may got to fucking sleepwalk her way with barely any challenge but Corbyn gets railroaded.

Fucking infuriating.

Corbyn can only blame himself. Would anyone get upset if he did the politically sensible thing and said "I'd launch a nuke if it was absolutely necessary"?

How the fuck did we as a country turn so quickly to say "you need to kill millions of people, mostly innocent and say it right now or your a terrible leader"?

Newline

Infuriating. If you could condense why young people don't get involved in politics into one small tv segment it would be the moment when a bunch of old white men vilify a potential prime minister for not wanting to nuke millions of people. I can't fathom that, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Hahah, over on C4 they started The Last Leg with a gag where one of the presenters couldn't be bothered to turn up so started the show with an Amber Rudd lookalike

He's saying we talk before they even get to the point of attacking. These ignorant people are so stupid.

That isn't how nuclear defence policy works.

If you are unwilling to nuke your opponent as a first strike, then they can continuously threaten your position with nuclear strikes.

You end up in a permanent state of brinkmanship.

You have to be willing to deploy a nuclear attack. You have to be clear on when you would do it.

It was a good run, but it ended today. So many people in this country are just so jingoistic and stupid. Give them a copy of the Fallout games, they need to play them

Real Hero

I was starting to feel slightly hopeful and that was a kick in the balls. He should have just said he would kill as.many children with nukes as possible

Corbyn can only blame himself. Would anyone get upset if he did the politically sensible thing and said "I'd launch a nuke if it was absolutely necessary"?

He should have promised to murder millions of people because it's politically expedient? Should he have promised to kick the foreigners out too if that was a vote winner?

Chinner

Banned

If you are unwilling to nuke your opponent as a first strike, then they can continuously threaten your position with nuclear strikes.

You have to be willing to deploy a nuclear attack. You have to be clear on when you would do it.
Would you shoot an innocent if you had to save the world?

Her poll numbers are going up and his are dropping after that. He answered questions. She didn't. He came with figures. She didn't. He didn't commit to bombing people. She wins.

Fucking hell. Truly pessimistic.

Meadows

Banned
Corbyn should have had the balls to end trident if he didn't want this scrutiny.

Just say we will be the 2nd developed economy to unilaterally disarm for a better world. That's a more defensible position than paying for it and then ruling out using it.

And before anyone says rah right wing Labour MPs wouldn't back it, that's a fundamental problem with his leadership skills and is why I wouldn't vote for him.

Empty

china and india both have no first strike policies. do you think they are wasting their money on nukes as no-one thinks they will attack?

Zaph

Half of this audience is a shining example of what happens when a country has unresolved delusions and national myths that have gone unchallenged. Decrying the IRA while demanding a nuclear strike.

This is why I've accepted that, ultimately, we need Brexit. This toxic idea of a Great Britain that's long gone needs to be shattered, it's ruining our nation. We need humility and that'll only come at the cost of pain.

Weirdly enough some nuclear states have no-first-use policies and no-one's nuked them yet

china and india both have no first strike policies. do you think they are wasting their money on nukes as no-one thinks they will attack?

No he just has no idea what he's talking about, as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom