• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
6rNMAkv.jpg

Some mad dog 20/20 wouldn't go a miss.

I'm loading up on diazepam tomorrow because my anxiety is going to explode due to stress.

StayDead

I still wish I could sit every single daily mail reading pillock down in one room and ask each and every single one of them.

What have the Tories actually done for you as an individual. Think of your entire life and please tell me how they've ever done ANYTHING that helps you.

These people wouldn't be able to answer. The tories have never done anything that's helped any of them. They're just so stupid that they read whatever in the paper and don't think for themselves.

Mask

I just realised I never actually got my postal voting pack :/

And it's too late to call for a replacement, fuck.

Mask

Can you not go to a polling station? Like at all?

Nope, gotta take a poll card thing along, and my one says that it's a postal vote only.

It's pretty ridiculous, and I'm not the only one in my area that didn't get their postal vote thing, so we might have to complain enmass.

Nope, gotta take a poll card thing along, and my one says that it's a postal vote only.

It's pretty ridiculous, and I'm not the only one in my area that didn't get their postal vote thing, so we might have to complain enmass.

You may be able to get one at the polling station or from the council offices. If it does show up you can hand deliver it to your polling station.

Lagamorph

You don't need to take your poll card to vote.
It literally says right on the poll card that you don't need it to vote, you only need your name and address.

Meadows

Banned
So GAF, what coverage are we watching tomorrow? Sky has the best coverage, ITV has the best guests and the BBC has Curtis and is generally the default so drives the social media conversation.

I love Conway and Islam at Sky so I might start there but I'm not sure.

So GAF, what coverage are we watching tomorrow? Sky has the best coverage, ITV has the best guests and the BBC has Curtis and is generally the default so drives the social media conversation.

I love Conway and Islam at Sky so I might start there but I'm not sure.

I generally channel hop a lot. Farage coming on is usually a good reason to swap.

Spaghetti

Seems there was just a ceiling Labour couldn't break with its bounce.

Not that I'm surprised given how the papers have been behaving.

Slightly controversial statement, but in a lot of ways I feel it is akin to rigging the election via some kind of warped psychology.

Protome

I also think Survation will end up being quite wrong but they were very close on their Brexit polls and as mentioned before they called the 2015 election but didn't publish the poll. But what they're predicting is just so far removed from the rest of the polls I don't see it.

CTLance

Go vote today, no matter what! Best of luck to all of UK.

Let's hope that May at least cannot be happy about her inevitable win.

Also, go vote, you cunts.

Slightly controversial statement, but in a lot of ways I feel it is akin to rigging the election via some kind of warped psychology.
I think there was some lost confidence in Jezza last week after he did a Diane Abbott with the numbers, and also literally (and unnecessarily) crumbled when asked so many questions about nuclear button pressing in the QT special. Before that he'd been pretty much flawless.

It's inevitable the Tories will win comfortably tomorrow. But I will just love if there's no increase in their overall majority, or even better if there's a decrease.

Zips

People need to stop rewarding politicians for incompetence and harmful policies.

You have a party that has declared they will strip away human rights, de-funded police while claiming to be the choice of security, and likely strongly damaged the economic future of the country....yet they are significantly ahead in the polls?

What's wrong with the U.K.?

I just think there's a ceiling for Labour regardless. They hit 43.2% in 97, and that was an unbelievable year. And LibDems had like 17% of the vote.

Spaghetti

I think there was some lost confidence in Jezza last week after he did a Diane Abbott with the numbers, and also literally (and unnecessarily) crumbled when asked so many questions about nuclear button pressing in the the QT special. Before that he'd been pretty much flawless.
Even still, the Tories continued to flounder in much more worrying ways than having to check a number on an iPad and pissing off the nuclear nine.

Protome

People need to stop rewarding politicians for incompetence and harmful policies.

You have a party that has declared they will strip away human rights, de-funded police while claiming to be the choice of security, and likely strongly damaged the economic future of the country....yet they are significantly ahead in the polls?

That's not even taking into account how crippling the Tory's policies on tech are. Their stance on end-to-end encryption alone stands to dramatically increase things like identity theft.

Even still, the Tories continued to flounder in much more worrying ways than having to check a number on an iPad and pissing off the nuclear nine.
I agree, but think about what gets features repeatedly on the news, satirical news and comedy progs, and even Gogglebox. It's the silly things Labour politicians do, rather than the serious fuck ups the Tories make.

It's just another version of Ed and a sandwich, but those things sadly stick in people's minds.

I'll be off to vote early tomorrow, and I'll be taking my daughters with me as I have done for all the local and general elections since they were born, along with the Indyref and Brexit votes. It's less about them knowing all of the ins and outs of voting and government than it is about just normalising voting for them and showing them it's something that adults do.

Better them getting used to it early and being engaged than like the twonk I heard earlier saying he was going to vote Conservative because "they're going to legalise weed, eh". When it was pointed out they weren't and he was wasting his vote he decided that he probably just wasn't going to bother voting anyway, but he wanted to have "someone in charge who would keep all of those arseholes out of our country and make sure we don't go back into Europe" (but was unable to actually identify what impact being in the EU had had on him).

Sigh.

King_Moc

Banned

I don't see that as controversial at all. If it convinces anyone at all, then Murdoch et al are effectively buying votes with lies.

Theonik

I'll be off to vote early tomorrow, and I'll be taking my daughters with me as I have done for all the local and general elections since they were born, along with the Indyref and Brexit votes. It's less about them knowing all of the ins and outs of voting and government than it is about just normalising voting for them and showing them it's something that adults do.

Better them getting used to it early and being engaged than like the twonk I heard earlier saying he was going to vote Conservative because "they're going to legalise weed, eh". When it was pointed out they weren't and he was wasting his vote he decided that he probably just wasn't going to bother voting anyway, but he wanted to have "someone in charge who would keep all of those arseholes out of our country and make sure we don't go back into Europe" (but was unable to actually identify what impact being in the EU had had on him).

Sigh.
Should have told him the Liberal Democrats were going to legalise weed. Make Huw happy.

Shaneus

What are the chances the last few % Labour needs are gained from people taking a closer look at the US election?

slim to none, I'd suppose :/

scotcheggz

No idea. The level of disconnect I've felt has been astounding ever since brexit. Having been someone who has always been hard left I'm no stranger to feeling like my political views are not mainstream but this is altogether different. The closest thing I can say is my views on meat as a vegetarian of 20+ years. I've reached a stage where psychologically meat just doesn't look like food anymore. When I see people who talk about may like she's brilliant I just.. There's no words. She's literally the least inspiring politician I've seen in many many years. Maybe my lifetime. She's just... Nothing. When she gave that speech about human rights and she said she'd change the law, I physically shuddered.

Strange times. I've reached a point where I just think this country gets what it deserves. At least I can vote for Caroline Lucas and feel fairly confident that I've voted for a decent human being.

Managed to convince my previously Tory voting housemate to vote for the Greens. She was deadset in not voting for Labour but seeing as I'm in a constituency where every Tory vote might matter it could still help.

Someone needs to come up with a sure fire way of getting the yoof out. I do like Brewdog's idea of a free pint for every voter though, that' can't harm. :)

Par Score

So I only post this out of some weird sense of curiosity, but Qriously (who have some of the most bizarre / brilliant / dodgy / modern methodology out there) have their final call.

Labour up by 3.

Now I don't believe this for a second. And I'd never heard of Qriously before just now. But they have a half decent track record on recent international elections , so who the fuck knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom