• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Bath is one of those ones where Jeremy Corbyn youth strategy might win a seat for lib Dems. Got a big boost in voting registrations bath did.

My area had one of the biggest. Bethnal Green & bow. But it's a safe Labour seat. I'd be shocked if all the extra voters were somehow not for Labour.
Hopefully.

I'm just worried those new registrations will vote for Labour and the Tories will narrowly win it.

Basically fuck our voting system.

SKINNER!

Banned
Now now, there's nothing wrong with Burger King

Aye. there's nothing wrong with BK burgers since the price justifies it. Five Guys burgers are not worth over £10. Passing it off as some kinda hip Americana fast food gourmet joint...fuck that. Not to mention their burgers taste nowhere near as good as in the US. At least Shake Shack is better.

8bit

Knows the Score
It is my understanding that a Tim Hortons opened in Glasgow in recent weeks.

Just further evidence of the unacceptable North/South divide.

It used to be Dunkin Donuts many years ago, and was open through the night. I believe it was the only one in the world to need a bouncer.

Anyway, if you're in Glasgow, Bread Meats Bread is the best.

Audioboxer

YBcqPJ1.png

Does this mean there is hope from all these new young voters? Nah, it's cause all the old people are living longer #despair

Chris1

I should try bread meats bread sometime
A sausage roll from when they used to be like 40 pence.
Seriously though 90p for a sausage roll is a rip off. Didn't go to greggs for a long time since they were like 55p each and thought the woman serving me was taking the piss when she said 1.80 for 2

nowarning

XL Bacon Double Cheese is the one, I used to love them.

Voting after work, my polling station is literally like 100 yards from my house haha

Baleoce

I hate how papers can be politically affiliated and how much influence they have. Almost no culpability when it comes to libel as well.

Maledict

I don't understand five guys at all. It's priced like a proper burger restaurant (Hache, Honest Burger, Pattis buns) but tastes only marginally better than a Mac Donald's. Why would you ever go there?

(Clapham high street now has a GBK, Hache, Honest Burger and a Byrons and a five guys is just about to open - plus a regular Macdonalds as well. I really don't see the market for that place!)

Protome

It used to be Dunkin Donuts many years ago, and was open through the night. I believe it was the only one in the world to need a bouncer.

Anyway, if you're in Glasgow, Bread Meats Bread is the best.

There's one in Edinburgh now too :D

And there's a Topalabamba across the road from both of them which is a weird coincedence.

Audioboxer

I should try bread meats bread sometime
Seriously though 90p for a sausage roll is a rip off. Didn't go to greggs for a long time since they were like 55p each and thought the woman serving me was taking the piss when she said 1.80 for 2

Simpler times. It's time to defund the NHS to subsidise the sausage roll prices.

Hasney

Deliveroo delivers KFC, Five Guys and Burger King to me, so I guess Taco Bell will follow. But it's hard to care when Almost Famous is on there. Frazzles in a burger, the mad men!

A couple of times recently I've had awful buns on my xl bacon double cheeseburgers. Fuck knows what they're doing. Ruining a once every couple of months treat. :(

Anyway, drag some yoof to the polling booth with you when you go, and make sure to hobble some grannies on the way.

Dougald

My Dad went to the polling station in a red jacket, red shirt, red trousers and red shoes

he still tactically voted LibDem though. First time in his life too.

Go_Ly_Dow

Polling day, the day in which we know it's out of our hands and thus we can talk about burgers n shit.

Results day, the day on which we feel nothing but dread for our futures.

Enjoy it folks.

danowat

Banned
Taco Bell?, in more UK locations?, what wizardry in this?

I can remember getting Taco Bell at Lakeside once, some years ago, but didn't think the proliferation went any further than that.

hohoXD123

I'm in one of the tightest Tory/Labour marginals in the country. Gonna do my bit to kick the Tories out, wouldn't be able to complain about their fuckups over the next few years otherwise.

Xun

I don't understand five guys at all. It's priced like a proper burger restaurant (Hache, Honest Burger, Pattis buns) but tastes only marginally better than a Mac Donald's. Why would you ever go there?

(Clapham high street now has a GBK, Hache, Honest Burger and a Byrons and a five guys is just about to open - plus a regular Macdonalds as well. I really don't see the market for that place!)
I find it bizarre.

I think a lot of it is down to the novelty of it to be honest.

The fact it's an American chain probably helps.

A Chipotle opened near work recently (London).

It's trash.
Chipotle? Meh.

Benito's Hat 4 lyfe!

It's expensive now though... :(

Khoryos

With regards to Taco Bell, though... I thought our TB was good, but then I went to America and sampled the real thing.

No Baja Blast, no triple-stack Crunchwrap, no Doritos Locos Tacos - it's barely even a pale imitation, closer to a cruel mockery!

liquidtmd

Banned
I hate how papers can be politically affiliated and how much influence they have. Almost no culpability when it comes to libel as well.

Don't despair, in a few months the press will have to face the wrath of a mildly worded letter of frowny faces from the PCC

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Supposed left wing forum in elitist food argument shocker.

Fuck you all. When I visit Manchester I always forget about the Taco Bell there as it's an aim of mine to try it.

Also I like Nandos.

To the above poster who mentioned Benito's Hat , it is indeed nice.

Mr. Sam

Chipotle? Meh.

Benito's Hat 4 lyfe!

It's expensive now though... :(

I hate Benito's Hat - it's always loud and dark and the portions are tiny. I don't know if it's just the one near me that's lit like an Abercrombie and Fitch with the soundtrack to match.

Tortilla's pretty good, though I tend to go for the vegetarian option because I find it more flavorful.

gngf123

Shout out to Honest Burger. We have one in Greenwich now and they are great.

No idea why people would go to Five Guys when there are so many proper burger restaurants around.

The results will be depressing but the roller coaster of emotions over the weekend as I spy on people's reactions in the E3 Threads will be fun. Small mercies and all that.

I have no opinion on burger joints. Although when I went to Madrid two or three years ago I did have a burger that made me question life. It was nice, just pretty massive. Was surely a trip to Shit Mountain after that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom