• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Close, Kent, the sweaty buttcrack of England.
Please don't be dartford ... I voted labour but in dartford not so sure it will help as all con and ukip members had English name and labour sounded foreign so Kent idiots won't vote him it bet

Which one of you did this

qGcA4j2.jpg

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Well done everyone.

For those that voted non-Tory, even in lught of the fact it might have no effect, congrats for trying. Even if the UK goes all V for Vendetta undet May, your consciences are clear.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Votes in for the wife and I. +2 for labour.

Edit: oh, and I had an operation last week and can't walk but still hobbled my way round to the polling station so no excuses people!

Theonik

For a lot of people Labour is too far left right now. Labour would clean up with a centre left figure.

It really is between the devil and the deep blue sea for many out there. People will take a broken left arm than a right but want neither. Tories will get many reluctant votes.
Based on the reception the Labour manifesto has had according to polling, I think that is pretty untrue. The reality of the situation is that people falter for other reasons.

E:
Surely allowing online voting would be a massive shakeup to everything?
Online and in fact ANY kind of electronic voting is a terrible idea.

Just been to vote and there was a woman sat at a desk in the entrance-way asking people who'd voted to see their poll card and who they voted for, then writing down their electoral register number and vote. When I told her it was none of her business she slammed her pen down and told me to not be so rude? The fuck?

Any word on general turnout so far? After the last Tory majority, Brexit and fucking Trump I would love a pleasant election surprise, but I don't think we're going to get one.

Any word on general turnout so far? After the last Tory majority, Brexit and fucking Trump I would love a pleasant election surprise, but I don't think we're going to get one.

Seems like largely what was predicted - high turnout in Labour safe seats + London, certainly. Impossible to know until the exit poll what the state of play is.

Just voted, for Labour obviously. Only saw one person around my age at the polling booth, hopefully I don't have to read too much into that, might just be the area. Huddersfield's a pretty safe Labour seat though so it should be alright.

One of my roommates didn't vote because it's raining. Sigh.
To be perfectly frank your roommate's a fucking idiot.

Micael

One of my roommates didn't vote because it's raining. Sigh.

Considering it's the UK I'm assuming he never votes for anything ever?

You don't even need ID to vote at the moment. I refuse to believe online voting is flat out impossible.

The issue is that physical voting makes mass fraud very tricky to pull off, while a flaw in online voting would potentially make mass voter fraud very easy, in the end it is too big of a risk.

Theonik

Anonymous voting is also inherently insecure.
No, but unlike software it is easy to audit and very hard to rig on a large scale unless the system is already terribly broken.

E:
The US has electronic voting machines. Wonder why you can't automate the count.
The US election system is terrible. And the reason is again very simple, you cannot trust the software running on those machines.
Think of the US election again, several election machine vendors were involved in the Russian attacks. There is no telling what they can do.

twofoldd

I decided to vote tactically in the end and voted for Labour, despite having issues with some of their policies and having little faith in the people leading the party.

I'd rather have voted Lib Dem, but they're only going to get a fraction of the vote in my constituency and Labour need all the help they can get here.

My local MP seems decent too - she helped me out with an issue and her voting record is good, so I don't feel too bad.

I had a Fillet o Fish for lunch, because fuck getting what I actually asked for, which was a raspberry ripple shake.

Fucking horrendous. I know part of that was because I was pissed off about not getting the shake, but fucking hell does McDonald's taste like shit. I remember when I used to want this shit all the time growing up.

I was so pissed I almost voted Conservative. Almost. Cooler heads prevailed and Labour got some afternoon delight.

Ninjuit

Neo Member
Did my part and voted Labour. Our constituency is pretty safe, but every little bit helps.

The Sun also continues to be horrible as usual; Seen this posted on Facebook.

YZ1ieQE.png

Spaghetti

My dad is trying to decide if he wants to vote Green, or Conservative.

Let that sink in.

Same man who was mulling voting Communist, or Conservative at the mayoral elections.

Danim

Neo Member
Done my part and voted Labour, not that its going to matter in the North West.

Now to brace myself for the crushing disappointment tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom