• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

Is the Parliament automatically hung if the tories don't get a majority? How does that work?

Another party would have to have a majority - i.e. a hung Parliament is a Parliament in which no single party holds a majority - and the massive likelihood is that they wouldn't.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
lol @ Vince.
ulrsU7f.jpg

I'm a stupid American with little understanding of the UK political system. What happened? Everyone seems to be in better spirits than complete and utter despair which is strange and unusual and it's scaring me but like in a good way.
Theresa May called the election because she was 20 points ahead of Labour, and Corbyn was deeply unpopular. The poll suggests she will lose seats, which means she's completely fucked up.

So if Lib,Lab, SNP and Caroline Lucas join up they'd have a 1 seat majority.

Man, I would love Caroline Lucas to be part of government. She is wasted on the backbenches.

Exit polls show Labour 266, LD 16 and SNP 34 that makes 316 total. They can't form a three-way coalition, right? They will pull from indies I guess.

A couple of PC and that Green seat as well. Still wouldn't make a majority though - unless we got some crazy WWE storytelling shit and Sinn Fein make a surprise entrance and actually take their seats.

"... and what's this? BY GAWD, IT'S GERRY ADAMS WITH A STEEL CHAIR"

liquidtmd

Banned
Corbyn has been key to the young vote.

This cannot be stressed enough.

From the 2015 election, to 3/4 of his party shitting on him, to most shitting on him (myself included at times), to Brexit, to the entire establishment press shitting on him...to get THIS exit poll????

He's very impressive in many regards

Breakage

And just like her she'd deserve nothing less than a old favourite at no.1 in the charts at her passing. I don't know how anyone could take that comparison and not realize the impending shit storm she'd invoke.
Yeah agreed. I think the "dementia tax" and her suggesting that the police were "crying wolf" over cuts likely sealed her fate.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The thread's title ended up being incredibly accurate, but not in the way anyone expected.

Wvrs

I'm watching the results in the student union pub and the applause at 10pm was heartwarming. Settling in for the night, let's go!

oti

Banned
Dumb American gaijin here.

Is the meltdown happening in here a good or bad thing for you UK guys?

Depends. Do you like an omnipresent security apparatus that can snoop in your daily life and a leader who wants to "rip apart" human rights in the name of security and fighting terrorism while transforming the nation into a tax haven in which the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?

If so this result is heartbreaking for you.

Let's not forget that if May loses ''just six seats'' that Jezza will be sitting down to negotiate with the EU. I mean she said it herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom