• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Dumb American gaijin here.

Is the meltdown happening in here a good or bad thing for you UK guys?

Good... kind of... possibly.

It could still turn out all kinds of ways. What we do know is that the conservative party fucked up (a good thing).

Uzzy

DB1A3EOUMAIAbrN.jpg

That's the biggest smile I've ever seen.

Good for GAF.

Essentially the conservatives will have the biggest party, but not an overall majority. This means that they are not guaranteed to pass any legislation they want in parliament. If they did have a majority, they could essentially do what they want.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Please stop getting my hopes up, I had already resigned myself and don't need yet another electoral disappointment :(

Griss

So there was what, only a 10-15% chance of the Conservatives not getting an overall majority?

This will be a great upset for the 'good guys' if true, if it holds. About time an upset went GAF's way.

DavidDesu

Wow I really can't imagine the SNP will drop more than 20 seats. That seems insane. 10 at most... So I hope that exit poll is wrong on that count but if it is it's wrong in the best way possible.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm not really sure. Not that I like the man, but he put Labour back on the map.

I know what you mean. He made sure that Labours policies where clear and demonstrated a significant difference between Labour and Conservatives.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
When will results start coming in? (In hours from now for my dumb Aussie brain.)

Dash_

Nothing great, but better than it was. That's what'll happen if there is a hung parliament.

I hope the Tories get sprayed all over the wall. C'mon universe. We can do this.

Audioboxer

yes tories gaining seats in scotland... amazing... >_>

I think most of GAF think it will be Labour gains which is why many will be happy. However, expect the Tory gains. I'm 100% betting it being SNP voters going back to Labour who will as a consequence of that let the Tories win seats xD

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If Corbyn wasn't leader there would have had much more votes for Labour.

It took Corbyn to push those policies. Even Ed came out and said it's what he wanted to do but couldn't.

I think everyone was just expecting him to get wiped out so he went for it and it looks to have worked.

Oriel

Remember folks the real effective majority is roughly 323-324 since Sinn Fein don't take their seats. And if they retake Fermanagh/South Tyrone they could end up being king makers in a manner.

By the looks of past exit poll errors since 1992, for the exit poll to underestimate the Tories by more than 15-20 seats would be unusual.

So even if I wake up and the Tories are actually on 334, it's been an incredible political blunder that hasn't paid off thanks to a negative campaign full of smearing, lack of hope, and disastrous policy launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom