• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggzy

Oh my! I managed to bring myself to see the exit poll and I so hope that it is correct. Please let it be that the youth have managed to turn up to vote.

Par Score

These Labour gains Vine is showing are INSANE. Some of the hits and the misses are just madness. I love it.

Nobody could have predicted this. If I didn't think very VERY highly of the people who come up with the exit poll, and I didn't know the sort of data they sift through, it would seem absolutely incredible.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
honestly I just don't believe this exit poll
and I don't think I will until every vote is counted

Carl

Really hope this exit poll is accurate. I was only going to stay up for the first few counts but I guess now I need to stay up til the result is certain

J4g3r

I just had a friend of mine who works in the NHS tell me she decided not to vote...

I... I...

l7XXC71.gif

Realyn

Do you know that feeling? You look at the world stage of politics and economics and wonder why yourself aren't a billionaire in rule of a whole continent. You done fucked up May.

Said in May I wouldn't fancy putting a bet on Tory

Wouldn't want to place a bet on a Tory win. The moat has been breached and the door is on its last hinge. Can see any of the three outcomes.

Tories can't seem to stop stepping on rakes

qyBxOYH.gif

Still we had many up until today saying it's an easy Tory win. For me it's been in the balance for a long time. Interesting to see if any gains can be made.

Wonder if the Brexit factor can make a few surprises in some areas and get the Tories to 326.

openrob

Confused-American here. Everyone on my Twitter is freaking out that the Conservatives won but everyone in this thread seems really happy. Can someone explain?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3687562/hung-parliament-general-election-majority-today-vote/

There are 650 seats in parliment, representing different areas.
A winning party needs over half (so 326 seats). If they have less than the rest combined then they can be outvoted on anything really.
Last time this happened the Conservatives joined up with the Liberal Democrat party to form a majority.

For us today it means three things.

1. Theresa may called this election thinking that she would GROW the Conservative majority and thought it would be a good way to silence critics. Loosing seats and not even getting a majority kinda puts a hole i that idea, and at most she will be really fucking embarrased.

2. Conservatives being generally the most right wing, forming a coalition would mean softening the blow of her policies.

3. It shows that there is a definate anti tory voice in this country.

Protome

If they are as wrong as they were last time Tories could get a majority. Don't think they will be though. This is fucking hilarious. I feel like this right now...

may-lol.gif

Given how the rest of the polls have been wrong leaning towards the Tories it wouldn't shock me if Labour actually get a few more seats than predicted.

It's going to be really close though across the board.

Is there anywhere I can see the constituency breakdown? I'm interested in mine. I've felt that it might go conservative even though it is normally Labour. I think I missed it on the BBC.

No idea, just seen it on the graphic the BBC just had up. Maybe on the BBC website?

Addnan

And I was replying to the gaffer saying his Harrow East is highly unlikely to change from tories this time, but should vote labour anyway just in case. huh.

El-Suave

Why is polling in the UK and the US so hard? In Germany we have projections as soon as the polling closes and they're usually pretty accurate.

So if exit poll is correct and May has to resign. How long are Brexit negotiations gonna get delayed this time?

Assuming the Tories manage to scrape up a majority, I would imagine Brexit negotiations would begin regardless. If the Tories fall short by less than five seats or so, I would expect the DUP would be queuing up for a quick coalition, and Brexit delays would be minimal. If the Tories wind up with less than that, I would not be surprised if a second general election gets called before the end of this year, and obviously that would seriously delay negotiations.

sullytao

Oh please please please let this be the news my country needs. If Corbyn pulls this upset I will cry with joy. Tories in the last 7 years have took a piss on the poor and people with poor health, done everything to financially break the NHS, price most out of university, empower racists, gambled the country with EU and fucked up so badly that we became a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom