• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Guys.. relax now, it was the only roll and chips i could find on google image with the type of fresh roll my local store/chips sell.

I will be getting a Chip butty tonight with 2 rolls and a blackpudding supper.

spattered in broon sauce

man i'm doing this thing were i don't eat all morning so my first meal of the day will taste fantastic.

Zutroy

Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Fife
University: Edinburgh Napier (Bachelor: Software Engineering, Masters: Applied Informatics)
Sports team of choice: Scotland Rugby Union
Current political party of choice: Greens
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bagel
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who? I don't watch a lot of UK shows
Oasis or Blur: neither

Posting this from the shitty cafe there!

*high five*

Kentpaul

I love Black pudding but... Black pudding supper?The fuck.

a black pudding supper is something we ask for when we want chips with our black pudding from the the chippy.

Same goes with fish supper ect.

I'm off work guys watching Sons of Anarchy seasons. It's my first time watching this great show so i'm like just laying back chilling thinking about food/enjoying the show.

Important news, Brit-Gaf:

It's British Pie Week!

British Pie Week is upon us and the country’s going pie-crazy!
To celebrate this great British dish and get involved, why not...
1. Discover our mouth-watering range of recipes – perfect for serving to your customers or baking at home alike!
2. Check out our helpful hints & tips for creating terrific pies every time
3. Visit the Jus-Rol Facebook page to join in the pie-chatter and upload pictures of your master-pies for others to drool over!

Chinner

Banned
It makes a change from people talking about fast food or shopping! Or maybe you just want to talk about your gf again. Huh? Huh?!
Rxm2k.gif

Kentpaul

What time would you guys normally have supper at?

Usually around 9/10 for me.

1am.

(I'm a backshift lad so I'm like at work at 9/10ish)

munchy-640-3.jpg

I could destroy that right now. Man being hungry is fucking awesome. All food is sounding so good to me right now.

Seeing as I didn't do this yet

Where do you live: Kildare, Ireland
Where are you from: Kildare, Ireland
University: Griffith College Dublin - BScH Computer Science
Sports team of choice: Rugby: Leinster - Football: Spurs - GAA: Kildare
Current political party of choice: Labour
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Batch
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Sherlock
Oasis or Blur: Blur

Kentpaul

I know that I'm from N.I, But who orders black pudding from a chippy?

Thats all i order from a chippy.

Supper? I don't have supper. My last meal is dinner, cos I'm an adult.

Kentpaul, you should get on 888.com

I'm skint son. I took things a step to far on friday with my cash and only have a 20 sheet left.

Its for travel insurance hopefully. (If travel insurance is around 20 quid) If travel insurance is more than 20 quid il just will till payday and spend this 20 quid at the chippy.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Ever since learning of the King Rib supper I knew I must return to Scotland.

qi5OQ.jpg

Oh aye, Pie Week, I can get behind that. Might make a corned beef pie later!

Vagabundo

All the best chippers over here are either Germans or Italians.

My current favourite is Macaries, they do a mean battered sausage:

0000207_300.jpg

Oh and chippers >>>KFC>>>MCCRAP FOOD

Kentpaul

0000207_300.jpg

Goes without saying. There pizza's are great to and pasta mixes.

i always get paranoid eating sausages from the chippy. in case the sausage is like 2%percent pork and 98% random shit.

0000207_300.jpg

I like the macari's in maynooth but otherwise I think they're pretty trash. Beschoffs in howth is probably the best there is. Although there used to be a great one in blessington, it was run by an old woman who used to store all the uncooked chips in a wheely bin. T'was pretty dope.

Kentpaul

Pasty's are great.

Only from greggs. I can't wait till all the local places shut down and greggs takes over them to.

a scottish mince pie is the way forward.

iStock_Scotch-Pie.jpg

1686036570_29692b2604.jpg

And yes guys i'm one of they people who add brown sauce to my baked beans.

Mr. Sam

I ask for 'fries' when I go into McDonald's. Does that make me a traitor?

I tell a lie - I ask for a large chicken legend meal with salsa and a strawberry milkshake. I'd ask for fries if I had to.

Vagabundo

Goes without saying. There pizza's are great to and pasta mixes.

i always get paranoid eating sausages from the chippy. in case the sausage is like 2%percent pork and 98% random shit.

You'll notice they never advertise them as PORK sausages. The good oul' EU doing its job.

Offal tastes great though. I've never been that squirmish about pork for some reason. I loved that episode of River Cottage where he made his own black pudding. Other meats I might be a little more picky about, esp fish.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
King Ribs are like the pork patties in a McRib, so no bone, all that great sodium taste! But let's be honest, you already walked into the chippy, health is not on your mind :)

I've recently discovered Greggs bacon and cheese wraps
croppedimage460460-460x460-baconcheesewrap2.jpg

These with a coffee make a deliciously heartclogging start to the day!

No wonder the rest of the world laughs at British cuisine :(

They can laugh, but we'll laugh LOUDEST!

Vagabundo

I like the macari's in maynooth but otherwise I think they're pretty trash. Beschoffs in howth is probably the best there is. Although there used to be a great one in blessington, it was run by an old woman who used to store all the uncooked chips in a wheely bin. T'was pretty dope.

The one in Inchicore is pretty good. Well there is two, one run by real italians and the other run by romanias (I think). Goes without saying that the Italian one is better, and they have been around for a looooong time in that spot.

Yeah Beschoffs are real nice.

Burdocks are great too and it is hard to find a chipper that has served everyone from Bill Clinton to Bono to Naomi Campbell.

The one in Inchicore is pretty good. Well there is two, one run by real italians and the other run by romanias (I think). Goes without saying that the Italian one is better, and they have been around for a looooong time in that spot.

Yeah Beschoffs are real nice.

Burdocks are great too and it is hard to find a chipper that has served everyone from Bill Clinton to Bono to Naomi Campbell.

I hate the viking lad that hangs out outside burdocks on liffey street. The fucker shouted at me out and frightened the shite out of me.

Suairyu

Banned
Only decent pasties you can buy are from Devon, Cornwall and imitation Devon and Cornwall bakeries. Have a butcher nearby us who makes pasties up and sells them raw. You then cook them yourself. Delicious.

Only from greggs. I can't wait till all the local places shut down and greggs takes over them to.
Oh my word what is this?! (But then again, if you're not in Devon or Cornwall I can imagine Greggs is actually better than the local option, yes).

Vagabundo

I hate the viking lad that hangs out outside burdocks on liffey street. The fucker shouted at me out and frightened the shite out of me.

Same with that Viking boat with all the american tourist in horned hats all shouting at once.

lol, although its better than being chugged. I nearly had to wrestle one of them, a year or two ago, because they wouldn't step out of my way. Goddamn human spam!!

Meadows

Banned
The criminal who got shot dead in Culcheth was some gang thug from Bolton, along with a posse of his criminal/crackhead friends.

Don't think many tears will be shed for him, he's been terrorising local businesses from up Leigh end all the way down to Birchwood for months now.

You know what Greggs do? One of the best chicken and bacon rolls. I think it's a sub roll.

The chicken and bacon is my go to sandwich and the best way to test a place - and Greggs have got it down great.

Had a random new episode of Skins on last night in the background. Jesus Christ, every episode is the same. Watched series 1 and 2 years back when I was bored one weekend. Crap acting, predictable, nothing special.

Almost every episode boils down to:
1) Take a member of main cast
2) Fall out with other main member/parents/teacher/etc
3) Soon after person in focus meets a new character
4) This laughable hispter character introduces them to a uniquely retarded new way of thinking or acting.
5) They take drugs together and/or have sex
6) Main character sees the new person is an idiot/falls out with them/they die/aren't real. Moans how fucked they are.
7) Makes up with the person they fell out with at the start of the episode
8) Either has sex again or moans over and over how fucked everything is.

All the while have softly softly folk music in the background. Done. Do the writers not realise that morally grey characters are totally different from ones that are fuck wits the whole time?

Aside from that Waterfields is beautiful. The sausage rolls. God damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom