• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Retailer GAME is dead | Brera's Lament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brera

Banned
Yup.

I'm cashing in and making the most of this situation. My shares are worth a poxy £200 right now. I'm just waiting for the right tome to jump. I think middle of next week...but anything can happen!

PaulLFC

Yup.

I'm cashing in and making the most of this situation. My shares are worth a poxy £200 right now. I'm just waiting for the right tome to jump. I think middle of next week...but anything can happen!
Middle of next week? Considering this news is hitting all the major papers and news sites today, I can see people cashing out at least some of that £34 million of unclaimed reward points. I doubt Game will be here by next week unless something major happens.

Middle of next week? Considering this news is hitting all the major papers and news sites today, I can see people cashing out at least some of that £34 million of unclaimed reward points. I doubt Game will be here by next week unless something major happens.

I'm in Manchester tmr, maybe I can walk right in and get Laytons for 5GBP a piece. :DDD

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Checked out their website and guess what hasn't updated? My points total. So apparently I have a phantom £30.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
False alarm. Apparently their website is weird and despite showing me as logged in I had to log in again and my points total updated. Though I do have a mystery £1 out of nowhere.

PaulLFC

There wasn't much of note left in Gamestation or Game in Liverpool, then again I have bought quite a few games already so there wasn't much I wanted. A lot of prices seemed to have gone up since last week.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There wasn't much of note left in Gamestation or Game in Liverpool, then again I have bought quite a few games already so there wasn't much I wanted. A lot of prices seemed to have gone up since last week.

There was bugger all I wanted. I have a backlog for the Wii so I wasn't too keen on getting anything for that and the DS section was full of terrible shovelware and anything remotely interesting could be found elsewhere cheaper including the HMV just down the street.

Looks like it's everything but the kitchen sink time.

I welcome our new masters and overlords Gamestop, hope they dont rape us too much with their prices.

dc89

bb2f5ec7.jpg

dc89

What is that?

Is it not the Arkham City LE? It's not my pic, I just found it on Twitter again!

However, I have just been to game to spend my reward points. I got a £5 PSN voucher. And I snapped these:

WTF?! Have they not realised yet that it's pricing like that that's got them in this mess in the first place?

Is this a good game!? I mean, the packaging was beautiful and the bonus stuff inside seemed awesome. I don't even own a PSP but they had some there, white and black, preowned in really good condition for £30. I get paid in a week and a bit, I'll be there if they are still around !

Also! I overheard a conversation between two members of staff and a customer. They told the customer to keep checking the website and come back towards the back end of the week because more prices are being cut. Seems like they're going to gear up towards one hell of a weekend sale!

PaulLFC

WTF?! Have they not realised yet that it's pricing like that that's got them in this mess in the first place?
That reminds me, I saw a preowned version of FIFA Vita for £42.99 in Gamesation before
KuGsj.gif

My local isn't doing any firesales at all. Quoted me +£250 for PS3 HW
Yeah I asked about new PS3s and was told the 160GB was £200. A bit more than the reported £99 for 320GB with Uncharted 3 offer that was on HUKD.

winstano

My local store had the AC collectors edition on Friday, decided not to buy it as it was £50... If they have it for 20, then holy crap I'm there asap!

Stock is back down to 1.10 now. I assume it's a result of all the news stories about Game today.

At the moment the share price doesn't reflect reality, it is a bunch of automated trades trying to make money from the volatility by predicting when there will be up and down movements. The real price without that extra volume would be under 1p close to 0.5p. Right now only a fool would invest when the automated vultures are trying to cash in.

ibu

*Tactics Ogre pic*
Is this a good game!? I mean, the packaging was beautiful and the bonus stuff inside seemed awesome. I don't even own a PSP but they had some there, white and black, preowned in really good condition for £30. I get paid in a week and a bit, I'll be there if they are still around !

VERY VERY Good game, well worth picking up buddy.

defel

Just checked out the local Game here in Cardiff. Plenty of good deals but nothing there I can profit from so no-buy.

Brera

Banned
I'll never learn! Should have sold at 1.5p! Is this share likely to make it to the end of the day? The price is crashing again! I should take my £150 and call it quits. In fact, I should sell all my shares. My £1000 is worth just £760 now :(

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Also! I overheard a conversation between two members of staff and a customer. They told the customer to keep checking the website and come back towards the back end of the week because more prices are being cut. Seems like they're going to gear up towards one hell of a weekend sale!

WTF, there'll be nothing left by then. Are they going to start selling the furnishings or the internal organs of their employees?

Brera

Banned
Fuck man!

I can't sell up! My broker ain't issuing a live price! It's at 1.25 right now!

FUUUUUUCK! Why didn't I listen :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom