• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(UK) Theresa May to praise Donald Trump: "Britain and US can lead together again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsemyne

C3VNAKJWMAA_gFz.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/2plus2isjoe/status/825650778476072960

Hahahahahaha

Reminds me of this https://youtu.be/6pOqqyFH7cU?t=44

Uzzy

Let him visit, but don't fete him with a state visit.

We actually shouldn't have given him one in the first place, since he had the temerity to actually ask for it which is completely against any normal protocol.

He'll have insisted on it just to give us a trade deal. We'll have to appease his ego just to get one.

Really sickening stuff. Shameful how weak we're being.

kmag

He'll have insisted on it just to give us a trade deal. We'll have to appease his ego just to get one.

Really sickening stuff. Shameful how weak we're being.

I don't want a trade deal with the US. No good can come of it. I've seen what normal sensible US administrations put in their trade deals, what this lot will put in with a desperate Tory government in power should make anyone shudder.

To the people who always like to come into threads saying 'petitions/protesting is ridiculous and a waste of time' - fuck you!

While the people who voted for trump and the tories should take blame, a lot should also go to you people who are constantly downplaying people's efforts to fight against this horrible shit and also downplaying the clear signs that if left unchecked things are going to get worse and move even closer to some right wing dystopia.

It's the vast swath of people who refuse to fight or belittle the choice to fight who allow shit to get as far as it does and between brexit and trumps victories I honestly am starting to hate those people more than the right.

Juicy Bob

Lads, I've already explained.

The petition isn't to STOP Trump coming to the UK. It's to deny him the pageantry of a formal State Visit.

PJV3

I don't want a trade deal with the US. No good can come of it. I've seen what normal sensible US administrations put in their trade deals, what this lot will put in with a desperate Tory government in power should make anyone shudder.

We haven't got anything left to flog off to get by besides our Juicy health system.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Medicine and food standards, and general consumer protection standards are all done for.

The NHS is definitely dead.

I sympathise with Corbyn on this one. If Labour were perceived to be holding against the referendum, the whole "enemies of the people" bollocks will rear its head - May and the Tories would have a field day. It's a shame.

Good to see him speaking out regardless.

I have trouble sympathizing with Corbyn at this point personally, but think about how fucked up that is. If you try defend the 48% you're regarded as the enemy of the country. We're literally being forced not to fight our own corner. Fascism has basically won over here, and the media and the public are what enabled it.

Conan-san

I take back any indication that the "Special Relationship" is like Trump sodomising May. Trump may be many things but even he wouldn't stop so low as to fuck his dog.

I have trouble sympathizing with Corbyn at this point personally, but think about how fucked up that is. If you try defend the 48% you're regarded as the enemy of the country. We're literally being forced not to fight our own corner. Fascism has basically won over here, and the media and the public are what enabled it.

Hardcore leavers are like Erdogan supporters with their cult like loyalty to the cause and nationalism.

StayDead

What makes it worse is it was only actually about 32% of the population overall that voted for leave.

Fair enough some people didn't vote, but when nearly 30% of the country voted to remain, is it still right to leave, especially in a hard fashion? People don't care about us.

The vocal people are the people who voted to leave. They're protesting outside of parliment to make us leave quicker. I don't think we're doing enough to make our voices heard.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Corbyn is full of shit the opportunistic wanker. He cares nothing about these issues by his agreement thatbhe wont stand in the way of Article 50 which pulls out of the EU and restricting the freedom of movement in itself.

If he had a spine he would have stood against both of these instead of selectively trying to spit tiny bits of paper through an empty pen tube while the teacher isn't looking.

He's a self serving, wannabe High Sparrow but his wings weren't just clipped but his balls too. Fuck Labour and the Tories. Both parties deserve to get fucked in the next election.

If you think Corbyn is opportunistic and doesn't care you obviously have no idea. This was a guy who protested apartheid in he 80s ffs. You need to get a grip.

Dougald

The vocal people are the people who voted to leave. They're protesting outside of parliment to make us leave quicker. I don't think we're doing enough to make our voices heard.

There is a protest march to Parliament against Hard Brexit on the 25th of March iirc, get out there!

-Plasma Reus-

Corbyn is full of shit the opportunistic wanker. He cares nothing about these issues by his agreement thatbhe wont stand in the way of Article 50 which pulls out of the EU and restricting the freedom of movement in itself.

If he had a spine he would have stood against both of these instead of selectively trying to spit tiny bits of paper through an empty pen tube while the teacher isn't looking.

He's a self serving, wannabe High Sparrow but his wings weren't just clipped but his balls too. Fuck Labour and the Tories. Both parties deserve to get fucked in the next election.

Corbyn said he wants to prevent Trump from coming on a state visit.

chadskin

Boris Johnson has prevailed on Donald Trump senior team and secured their agreement to exempt Britons w dual citizenship from US travel ban
White House has agreed that ban will not apply to dual national Brits as long as they are not coming directly from one of the countries
Under Boris agreement - which is similar to Canada deal - this means that Mo Farah / Nadhim Zahawi rights to visit restored
https://twitter.com/samcoatestimes/

What a clusterfuck.

PJV3

I am still confused as to why would it matter if they come from those countries or from UK.
Like, if someone has planned to go home and then go in US, he/she will have to come back to UK first and then fly again to US... sigh.

UK and US leading the world is shaping to be a huge clusterfuck.

Also: 100m deal with Turkey? Everyday is a new low..

Get used to Bannon rogering the UK in future.

Dougald

Any more details on this? If I'm going to buy train tickets, I wouldn't want to miss the start/arrive in the wrong part of london.

There was an article on the Grauniads site the other day, but I haven't looked into the march more beyond that as there's no way I'd be able to attend that weekend

There is a protest march to Parliament against Hard Brexit on the 25th of March iirc, get out there!
Seems a bit pointless to have this march after article 50 has been invoked.

Any more details on this? If I'm going to buy train tickets, I wouldn't want to miss the start/arrive in the wrong part of london.
Starts at 11 am apparently. More info can be found on the guardian.

This is absurd. What about other people? What is this.
Absurd.
Well Boris is the Foreign Minister for the British government. Do you honestly expect him to start negotiating deals on behalf of other nation states? That isn't how it works.

Moze

Banned

Fascism? Do you not mean democracy? Because that is what caused this.

I didn't think there was a date set in stone beyond Mays deliberately vague "by the end of March"?
Well I read recently that EU leaders are desperate for May to invoke Article 50 before 25th March so that it doesn't overshadow their 60th anniversary celebrations.

So unless May really wants to cut her nose to spite her face, expect it to take place before 25th March.

I didn't think there was a date set in stone beyond Mays deliberately vague "by the end of March"?

Can't find it for Googling, but now we have dates set for the article 50 bill, I think we may have an estimation of when they're aiming for Lords and then Royal Ascent?

Dougald

Well I read recently that EU leaders are desperate for May to invoke Article 50 before 25th March so that it doesn't overshadow their 60th anniversary celebrations.

So unless May really wants to cut her nose to spite her face, expect it to take place before 25th March.

The cynic in me says she'll do exactly the opposite then. Frankly my brain is still struggling to make peace with the fact it's happening, no doubt there will be some relief when they finally get around to negotiating rather than this awful limbo.

I think protesting article 50 itself is a bit of a waste of time at this point, but there's nothing wrong with going against the idea that a vote to leave the EU was a vote to leave the single market entirely

Crazy. I mean aren't there parts of the UK that the police are scared to go to??

Nobody wants to go near the house of parliament.

edit: You just posted a link to a website that starts the headline with "Donald Trump claims ..."

The article then has the (at the time) prime minister say he is flat out wrong, the current mayor of london calling him a Nazi, and a scottish MP also condemning him. I'm not saying there aren't parts of london police don't go in, maybe there are, but that article isn't what I'd use to justify the position.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nobody wants to go near the house of parliament.

edit: You just posted a link to a website that starts the headline with "Donald Trump claims ..."

The article then has the (at the time) prime minister say he is flat out wrong, the current mayor of london calling him a Nazi, and a scottish MP also condemning him. I'm not saying there aren't parts of london police don't go in, maybe there are, but that article isn't what I'd use to justify the position.

The point is how Trump is contradicting himself.

-Plasma Reus-

Seems a bit pointless to have this march after article 50 has been invoked.

Starts at 11 am apparently. More info can be found on the guardian.

Well Boris is the Foreign Minister for the British government. Do you honestly expect him to start negotiating deals on behalf of other nation states? That isn't how it works.
They need to stop framing it as though it is a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom