• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Did we ever get an image of the character silhouette wheel to play with? I'm still looking for a full version of it, but can't find it. Sucks too since that would have made a great low-key template for some Mahvel GAF avatars. Just highlight the three characters you'd play out of the silhouette wheel in their defining color or the alt color you were gonna rock them with and using some Photoshop wizardry, put it in the background of your current avatar (if it worked) and voilà!

@enzo:
Can you change Phoenix Wright's orange alt to either "Waitress Maggey Byrde" or "Trés Bien Waitress"? Cause it kinda bugs me that there's only "waitress" there for some reason. lol

Pfffffft.

Have fun trying to catch anyone when you're adding in that much extra work to constantly shield yourself with a meager 5-durability projectile.
That is exactly how I play Morrigan. It's not theoryfighter.

ZeroCDR

horsehead.jpg

oh hay guys what's going on in this topic

AzureJericho said:
Did we ever get an image of the character silhouette wheel to play with? I'm still looking for a full version of it, but can't find it. Sucks too since that would have made a great low-key template for some Mahvel GAF avatars. Just highlight the three characters you'd play out of the silhouette wheel in their defining color or the alt color you were gonna rock them with and using some Photoshop wizardry, put it in the background of your current avatar (if it worked) and voilà!
http://ettugamer.com/wp-content/gallery/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/UMVC3_char_ring.png

Doesnt have the 12 new characters though.

So I take it Frank's photos are stronger if they're part of a combo? Is it strength based or number of hits? If it's number of hits, what are some of the more hit intensive (numbers-wise) hypers in the game?

robut said:
So I take it Frank's photos are stronger if they're part of a combo? Is it strength based or number of hits? If it's number of hits, what are some of the more hit intensive (numbers-wise) hypers in the game?
Yeah, it's combo hits.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
robut said:

Skrull's Inferno is 99 hits if mashed.

V_Arnold

I had a character that I really, really, really loved in MVC3, and it was Deadpool.
I understand that he is different now, but is he viable if I will not go to any tournaments like ever, but plan to play online a LOT (preferabbly with gaffers and friends)?

And is he compatible with Fist/Nova?

V_Arnold said:
I had a character that I really, really, really loved in MVC3, and it was Deadpool.
I understand that he is different now, but is he viable if I will not go to any tournaments like ever, but plan to play online a LOT (preferabbly with gaffers and friends)?

Deadpool's great in Ultimate. He got a major buff, you can cancel any of his gun specials into a teleport.

Tizoc

After watching Maximillian's video on mashable hypers in UMvC3, it seems that the max extra damage you can get is an average of 50K for Lvl. 1 supers, which IMO is good.

Im going to be honest, Im still salty about phoenix wright. He Must be the first character ever in a fighting game ever that I actively dislike. There is something about him that just rubs me up the wrong way.

Im not saying he shouldn't be in the game, yadda yadda, just that I personally cannot stand the character.

Its Ironic that as much as people were screaming he was a waste of a slot, he seems like he is actually going to get alot of tournament play.

still different strokes for different folks i guess. Now I know how the the crazy people who hate Dante feel.

Zissou

Team probably won't work but go orange!

yHDKS.jpg

EnLIB.jpg

r6Alo.jpg

Team better than team above:

vNnk5.jpg

18wXH.jpg

fwEaG.jpg

Honestly, I could never have predicted my vanilla team, so I'm sure neither of these will work and I'll have to figure out other stuff. The only certainty is doom fo' life.

V_Arnold said:

He definitely can't been worse than mid tier in UMvC3, although my feeling is that his buffs won't be enough to make up for what he could do with the DHC Glitch. And he's versatile and should work well in any team.

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Its Ironic that as much as people were screaming he was a waste of a slot, he seems like he is actually going to get alot of tournament play.

ROxzq.png

Can't see that happening, as this picture shows characters that get "a lot" of tourney plays need to have a certain amount of versatility and simplicity in them. Someone like Wright that needs you to dance around the screen to set up his turnabout mode won't be popular in tourneys. It's also not like turnabout mode Wright is Dark Phoenix and so broken that J Wong will wet his pants at the sight of him, he still needs to open up people with his magic finger and it's not like people can't deal with his invincible assist.

Zissou

So the best strategy anybody has thought up for wright is start with him on point, find your evidence, and then switch him out for your second character. You either need to do a raw tag (risky) or DHC for two bars. Then you land a hit with your point character, TAC into wright which has a 33% chance of being countered, and then you hit the objection and enter turnabout stance. Now (especially if you have 3 bars) your opponent will run away like crazy. You can stay in and try to chip them down with your evidence projectiles or land a lucky hit into touch-of-death combo -OR- you can probably raw tag wright into either your second or third slot for the invincible assist + the threat of DHCing into lvl3 craziness if you've got the meter. That's a lot of work for an invincible assist and a crazy lvl3. I wonder what people will find with him...

If my desired character pool is:

Strider
Dante
Vergil
Doom
Dormammu
Wesker
Morrigan
Akuma

I'm having trouble deciding on a team. I think the 3 I really want to use are the 3 I posted up top last time, but none of them has over 850k health (I think) and I'm not sure which would be the anchor (maybe order: Strider -> Dante -> Vergil) or how to make the assists work to cover the others... everyone has an OTG for themselves on the team, so I could do the teleport assist for Strider and keep jam session for Dante... :-k

I used the others to some extent in vanilla (my original teams were Dante -> Dormammu -> [Morrigan | Akuma | Wesker]). I started trying to learn the Doom footdive airdash loops before I sold the game off (just prior to UMvC3 announce). I also had designs on doing something with x-23, but was never good at feint cancels so she got dropped.

Just looking for some suggestions is all; Is there a way to cover e

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Im going to be honest, Im still salty about phoenix wright. He Must be the first character ever in a fighting game ever that I actively dislike. There is something about him that just rubs me up the wrong way.

Im not saying he shouldn't be in the game, yadda yadda, just that I personally cannot stand the character.

still different strokes for different folks i guess. Now I know how the the crazy people who hate Dante feel.

Actively dislike as a character or actively dislike in playstyle? I love him, personally, but I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
So many people dropping Dante.

=(

:( Who's dropping him?

Karsticles said:
"Some" infers more than one thing. We know the Vector Drain/air throw part is true, and since her walk speed is likely unchanged, Deelite must mean that Astral Vision is much faster, like Sougenmu speed now.

Or he may have just meant the air throw part. If Astral Vision is faster, I'd be very happy. I'm not dropping Morrigan. I like her too much as a character. Even if she's dead weight, I'll take my salty losses.

mr. puppy

Banned
just watched some of the stream from last night and went through the thread. i'm gonna book mark that thing so in 3 months we can all laugh at how wrong we were about balance.

that said, I'm really disappointed with how Ghost Rider is looking. He isn't as good against zoners as I thought, a lot of his stuff has too slow of a startup against projectiles. To be fair though, I saw wayyyyy too much Jump S abuse that is not what that character is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom