• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old team (incorporating new colors)

Qxuwn.jpg

XN8m9.jpg

5lnlt.jpg

My potential new team:

XN8m9.jpg

L853z.jpg

OXBiV.jpg

If She-Hulk is nerfed as badly as advertised I'm thinking of going Task + Trish or Task + Ryu. Any suggestions for a third in either case?

Dahbomb

V_Arnold said:
I had a character that I really, really, really loved in MVC3, and it was Deadpool.
I understand that he is different now, but is he viable if I will not go to any tournaments like ever, but plan to play online a LOT (preferabbly with gaffers and friends)?

And is he compatible with Fist/Nova?
Deadpool was already viable but not many people played him at tournaments (was pretty popular online though). He is substantially buffed now and should be overall better than before meaning more than viable.

Don't know about synergy with those characters.

IronLich

Might as well join in on the fun...

oLk3Y.jpg

Vante is perfect! :)

duWdR.jpg

laIES.jpg

Trying to find the perfect setup for these 3 eligible bachelors, but Day 1 plans are to make a team with these elements.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Finding respectable Felicia art is difficult.

Sometimes I can't believe I main such an absurdly designed character.

mr. puppy

Banned
everyone's vergil plan seems to be: vergil on point, beam assist, get off me assist. Wonder if thats going to work in the long run.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:

Are you officially dropping Morrigan? :(

mr. puppy said:
everyone's vergil plan seems to be: vergil on point, beam assist, get off me assist. Wonder if thats going to work in the long run.

That worked with Vanilla Dante. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Ultimate Vergil... depending on his combo extension meter gain.

Sixfortyfive

GuardianE said:
Are you officially dropping Morrigan? :(
When I found out the airdash nerf was universal, I went through the five stages of grief in about five seconds. All that was left at the end was the desire to steamroll anyone stupid enough to continue using her, just to show them how stupid they are.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
When I found out the airdash nerf was universal, I went through the five stages of grief in about five seconds. All that was left at the end was the desire to steamroll anyone stupid enough to continue using her, just to show them how stupid they are.

I'm stupid. :(

Azure J

Sixfortyfive said:

Why look for fanart when Bengus/CRMK art exists? [/Bengus fanboy]

Damn, Ultimate is coming in and challenging people's character loyalties hard. Dante/Vergil/Morrigan isn't going anywhere for me though. Only thing that would make me drop this team setup is if both X & Bass.EXE got in somehow so I can run X/Zero/Bass.EXE for Team Megaman Generations. :p

sephi22

Played a lot of this game today, lot of casuals with a friend and some missions.

The new Captain America feels so great. Captain America and Nemesis with ground bounce assist go really well together. Ground series -> Air series -> L shield slash + Launcher slam -> S -> Air series -> L Shield Slash -> Hyper charging star -> DHC to Nemesis Launcher Hyper.

Mission mode has new missions for all characters. For eg, Wolverines missions make use of Swiss Cheese and air X factor.

Can test something out for you guys if you want. Not like I'm doing anything much at the moment.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AzureJericho said:

Damn, Ultimate is coming in and challenging people's character loyalties hard. Dante/Vergil/Morrigan isn't going anywhere for me though. Only thing that would make me drop this team setup is if both X & Bass.EXE got in somehow so I can run X/Zero/Bass.EXE for Team Megaman Generations. :p

It's nice to have some original art that people haven't seen before! Though Bengus is amazing.

Dante/Wesker/Morrigan for me. I'd only switch it up if Gene was introduced as DLC. And even then, I think I would just replace Wesker...

sephi22 said:
Played a lot of this game today, lot of casuals with a friend and some missions.

The new Captain America feels so great. Captain America and Nemesis with ground bounce assist go really well together. Ground series -> Air series -> L shield slash + Launcher slam -> S -> Air series -> L Shield Slash -> Hyper charging star -> DHC to Nemesis Launcher Hyper.

Mission mode has new missions for all characters. For eg, Wolverines missions make use of Swiss Cheese and air X factor.

Can test something out for you guys if you want. Not like I'm doing anything much at the moment.

Captain America really just needed some adjustments, and now he's so boss.

Would you be able to test how punishable Morrigan's Astral Vision is? Will she be able to block a beam afterwards? Taskmaster's Legion Arrow? Can she use it mid combo?

Skilletor

sephi22 said:

Are the combos laid out different now? So we can see the entire combo listed at once?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:

Yeah character loyalties are on notice. Im surprised Ultimoo is still sticking with 2/3 of his team consider how bad they got hit.

My characters all got buffed overall: Iron Man, Skrull, Dormammu, Ryu. Anyone else was a fling. But even still I'm looking to replace some in UMvC3, namely Skrull. Not too confident in making solid decisions though.

I have mad respect for character loyalty though, but I don't fault people for leaving after nerfs hit a character they love to play hard, especially when they weren't good in the first place. I came into MvC3 playing Zero and Wesker and now don't even touch either, who knows where I'll end up.

EYEL1NER

So I guess Gamestop finally updated the UMvC3 Guide page to reflect that it comes out next week? I planned on getting it from Amazon, but was tempted to get it when it said it came out yesterday. I'll end up placing the order on Amazon this weekend when I place my pre-order for the game.

Sixfortyfive

GuardianE said:
Would you be able to test how punishable Morrigan's Astral Vision is? Will she be able to block a beam afterwards? Taskmaster's Legion Arrow? Can she use it mid combo?
She was still eating full-screen hypers last night, but it wouldn't hurt to get some solid testing in I suppose.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
She was still eating full-screen hypers last night, but it wouldn't hurt to get some solid testing in I suppose.

I only got to watch a little last night. I was mad that magus didn't grill Seth about the airdash nerf specifically with regard to Morrigan.

"You just have to be more careful now about how you use your airdash."
"... but all she has is an airdash."
"Good point. Lemme call up Niitsuma. Day 1 patch incoming."

BiggNife

I definitely can't commit to a team yet but at the very least I don't think I'll be using my old team (Task/Hulk/Akuma) again. Something I definitely want to try is Nova/Task/Spencer but I'm not sure how viable it would be. I never actually used Spencer that much in vanilla but after playing MvC3 for the first time in months last week I forgot how fun he is, plus the fact that one of those characters that works pretty well on a variety of teams (it also helps that he got more buffs than nerfs :D)

Definitely want to experiment with new Ryu and Cap. Might try out a zoning team with Hawkeye/Task/RR too.

kirblar said:
Turnabout Press the Witness assist is Invincible AND Wallbounces?!?!?!??!?

Holy Crap.

Is this fucking true? The designers are fucking retarded if this is the case and the mode's easy enough to activate with Mia/cover assists. Still, I guess they needed to make Hisen even more irrelevant.

Skilletor

Spirit of Jazz said:
Is this fucking true? The designers are fucking retarded if this is the case and the mode's easy enough to activate with Mia/cover assists. Still, I guess they needed to make Hisen even more irrelevant.

Yeah, several times on stream. I think it's fucking dumb.

Mupod

EYEL1NER said:
So I guess Gamestop finally updated the UMvC3 Guide page to reflect that it comes out next week? I planned on getting it from Amazon, but was tempted to get it when it said it came out yesterday. I'll end up placing the order on Amazon this weekend when I place my pre-order for the game.

I ordered my guide from videogamesplus, they say the 15th for it. Either way I look forward to reading about Dormammu while on the can once again.

As for picking my final team I think I've finally learned my lesson after all these years. Seems like every time I decide to play a character before launch I end up with somebody totally different. I'll try my best to make Nova work, and I can't see myself being bad with Taskmaster no matter what they did to him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Spirit of Jazz said:

What does this have to do with Hsienko? You mean Gold Armor Pendulum? Eh, I think they're kind of different utilities.

I feel like they might end up patching the invincible Wright assist. Maybe just give him Hyper Armor instead. It really does feel pretty broken as it stands.

Dahbomb

mr. puppy said:
That's going to be my plan as well (Vergil on point after I have mastered him). You need the get off me assist because just like Dante once someone is in it's hard to get someone out due to slow jabs. You also need one of those assists to be a combo extender for Vergil and you are set.

Vergil controls the pace of the match quite well with his high ranged normals, teleports and projectiles.

Ultimate is coming in and challenging people's character loyalties hard.
Yeah even I am having trouble keeping Iron Man. But I am going to give him an honest try for quite a while.

Also I may not drop Akuma, I think I am going to work him in some how. He's gonna be good and I love doing his combs. So boss!

GuardianE said:
What does this have to do with Hsienko? You mean Gold Armor Pendulum? Eh, I think they're kind of different utilities.

Hsien has a strong assist which would have been the only one in the game to be akin Haggar/Tron of old. However you had to meet conditions with her on point to get it and it just so happens that she's the worst on point character in the game.

Who would you pick her for gold armour assist you can have Phoenix Wright's superior invulnerable one (which seems pretty identical to Pendulum in the way it covers the screen), along with the fact he's a stronger point character? It's fucking dumb that they came to a conclusion that invulnerable assists are too good, nerfed said assists, and then for some unknown reason decided to add a new one on a character who's probably stronger on point than the previous two as well.

Edit: Shit, hearing Seth talk about it is hilarious. He's adamant that it's broken in every way, yet it's still in the game?

Sephi, I have a bit of an odd request. It's not gameplay related, but sound related. With Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright's Japanese voices, when they tag with each other, do they call each other by name? In Vanilla MvC3, when it came to Japanese voices, no one would refer to Hsien-Ko or Akuma by name unless you switched your PS3 to Japanese. Then everyone, including the Marvel characters, would call them "Lei Lei" or "Gouki". I just wanted to know if they actually fixed that this time around.

Azure J

Grecco

GuardianE said:

I feel like they might end up patching the invincible Wright assist. Maybe just give him Hyper Armor instead. It really does feel pretty broken as it stands.

Its way too much efffort just to get a good assist, but enough reward to make sure some people play Wright. I dont see the issue. The Iron Fist Assist, Ghost Riders Assist, and the new Armored Super Skrull assist look more annoying.

GuardianE said:
Actively dislike as a character or actively dislike in playstyle? I love him, personally, but I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan.

I find his playstyle to be very creative and I it is one of the best examples of the talent of the the dev team. But I just cannot stand the character. I don't like the Ace attorney games at all either.

Dahbomb

Gold armor is WAY easier to activate than Phoenix Wright's Turnabout mode.

Also Wright is better than Hsien because he has utility outside of his invincible assist.

One of Frank's assist (the broom) gets much better in LVL5 as well but it's not godlike.. at least I don't think.

Rocket Raccoon's assist > Iron Fist's assist. It's really difficult to hit Rocket out of that move but Iron Fist can be stuffed out. He has a very vulnerable hit box above him (free to Helm Breaker like moves).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spirit of Jazz said:
Hsien has a strong assist which would have been the only one in the game to be akin Haggar/Tron of old. However you had to meet conditions with her on point to get it and it just so happens that she's the worst on point character in the game.

Who would you pick her for gold armour assist you can have Phoenix Wright's superior invulnerable one (which seems pretty identical to Pendulum in the way it covers the screen), along with the fact he's a stronger point character? It's fucking dumb that they came to a conclusion that invulnerable assists are too good, nerfed said assists, and then for some unknown reason decided to add a new one on a character who's probably stronger on point than the previous two as well.

Edit: Shit, hearing Seth talk about it is hilarious. He's adamant that it's broken in every way, yet it's still in the game?
Yeah that was kind if unsettling actually.. Seth talking about how fucking broken the assist is for like a full ten minutes. Always nice to hear him talk but that was on the scary end of enthusiasm for me.

I got vibes of PW being completely broken, but his character design is so volatile that he might get metagame'd out depending on how people get around his antics. From what I saw on the stream yesterday (still got much of the second half left to go), it's either relentlessly rush down PW or suffer the consequences. The fact alone that his power up doesn't require meter is frightening. Haven't seen how zoning tackles the PW matchup though.

enzo_gt said:
Haven't seen how zoning tackles the PW matchup though.

With Maya, it's probably not gonna be a good idea to try to zone Nick unless your name is Dormammu and you start Purification spamming (but with a teleport why would you do that?).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarKnight said:
With Maya, it's probably not gonna be a good idea to try to zone Nick unless your name is Dormammu and you start Purification spamming (but with a teleport why would you do that?).
Don't beams go through Maya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom