• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
I can confirm that Hawkeye CANNOT link gimlets in lvl3 x-factor. I was right about speed boosts and how frame data changes.

thank fucking god. once combofiend gets his team figured out (I see him change the order everytime he does a new match even) he can pretty much TOD with any hit confirm he can get. he's in the tourney tomorrow night right?

Just now catching up on the last part of the Wednesday Night Fight's, and who the fuck this pure ebonics Chris Tucker wannabe? He wins the award for worst commentator ever. I had to mute it to watch matches.
Sorry, we'll try to make sure there's a white guy next time. Just for you.

JeTmAn81

With [redacted] defeated I am now done with Skyward Sword. What a fun ride. Now, I think it's time to take a different ride.

Time to (re)learn me some Marvel!

I figure the best thing to do is to just take a lot of characters out for a test, see how they move and if I like their specials. I'm still thinking of the middle character for my first team. Felicia/???/Arthur. Considering Dante now, he's good for meter building, and that pillar assist of his covers a blind spot for both Felicia and Arthur, but I don't even know where to start with him.

I think I need to ask a stupid Dante question to get started: What's a "bold cancel"? I see a lot of people who know Dante say that it's important, but what is it, exactly?

The reason I'm looking at Dante is that he can do soooooo much, and learning a couple of those things might get me a decently ready Dante. I do want to go online, even if it's been several weeks since release and I'll probably get murderized brutally.
One of Dante's best tools is his Stinger, a sword thrust which reaches nearly full screen. Its great for attacking your opponent from far away but cannot be easily cancelled right into other moves. It can only be cancelled into his Bold Move, which is simply a jump triggered by pressing S and and attack button. But the Bold Move can be cancelled into other things, so you get a situation where you're always doing Stinger into Bold Move into some special move which lets you continue to combo. It all has to happen very quickly and it is an important part of making Dante play the way you see him played on streams. I think it's actually pretty tough to learn, and Dante in general is not an easy mode character against players who know what they are doing. He is a lot of fun to play but will take a while to learn.

I tried: doom (hidden missles), sentinel (rocket punch), deadpool (katana-rama), x-23 (ankle slice) and I know from experience in vanilla what wesker (samurai edge) is like. I was trying to find a character I can play okay with to use for it... morrigan and strider don't have one, and i think akuma's (if he has one) would be more like the quick one hits... doom's is the best so far, but the delay makes it awkward, so I was looking for other options.

Generally speaking, hit S and A2 during your combos, then do your normal air series and Hidden missiles will hit right about when they land.

zlatko

Banned
Sorry, we'll try to make sure there's a white guy next time. Just for you.

Fuck you. Keep that racist garbage shit to yourself.

1) My favorite commentator who I think is funny is Lee Chung. The sports center theme, get yo sausage wet, etc. That makes me laugh so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDgsAef3-Pk

2) There is never a time I prefer dry commentary. I like one person to do a little analyzing, and another to toss in some jokes that are actually funny. Sorry I don't think calling Nemesis a retard every time he comes up on screen isn't funny.

oh and 3) Ultradavid was there alongside him. Unfortunately for UD, anytime he wanted to point something out he got shut down with talk about fucking pop tarts and retards.

McNum

One of Dante's best tools is his Stinger, a sword thrust which reaches nearly full screen. Its great for attacking your opponent from far away but cannot be easily cancelled right into other moves. It can only be cancelled into his Bold Move, which is simply a jump triggered by pressing S and and attack button. But the Bold Move can be cancelled into other things, so you get a situation where you're always doing Stinger into Bold Move into some special move which lets you continue to combo. It all has to happen very quickly and it is an important part of making Dante play the way you see him played on streams. I think it's actually pretty tough to learn, and Dante in general is not an easy mode character against players who know what they are doing. He is a lot of fun to play but will take a while to learn.
Ah, okay. So I suppose the first order of business is to learn "Stinger xx Bold Move" and then try to tack on specials and see what's what.

Dante looks fun, but he's not really an LMHS kind of character. That's missing the point I think. Ah, well, I'll give him a try and see if I can do it. Either way, I get the feeling that learning Dante will be good for my execution in general, especially now that a double tapped special turns into another move that I may or may not want. Mashing control!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Problem with Steve in my opinion is that once the novelty wears off, and it seems to be happening fast, he'll be just an ordinary try too hard commentator. He'll never be another Yipes who seems to constantly come up with new stuff ditto Chris Hu.
Part of being comedic is looking funny or sounding funny. Steve kinda looks like Eddie Griffin and he has a funny voice so that's his plus.

i love ultradavid as a commentator, but i think he has pretty horrible chemistry with a lot of other commentators that are not named james chen. i haven't seen this weeks wnf's, but that steve tucker guy was pretty funny last week when he was with james chen. james chen isn't the sharpest guy on the block when it comes to game specific knowledge, but i like how you can put him with anyone and he adapts to that person's style of commentary.

james chen isn't the sharpest guy on the block when it comes to game specific knowledge, but i like how you can put him with anyone and he adapts to that person's style of commentary.

James Chen and Yipes is a pretty crappy combination. Every time James opens his mouth it's using up time where Yipes could have been talking instead. And he laughs at everything Yipes says. It's already funny on its own James, we don't need a laugh track.

zlatko

Banned
Chris Hu is an unintentional mastermind.

16? Okay.

About the only peeps in the FGC that I don't like to hear are that Steve guy from WNF, too much Skisonic, too much Keits, and whoever spooky has been letting spit shit with him on the mic as of late who stutters a lot. (not Arturo, his commentary is great)

I enjoy everyone else, even Jaha who people seem to hate on.

i don't think rocket racoon is sleeper tier, more like modok tier aka people know hes good but they can't be bothered to learn the character let alone use the character.

exactly what it sounds like; a switch that creates lag. its almost like pulling out your ethernet cable and then plugging it back in. i suppose the place to use it is when the opponent's got you in a long combo and you want them to drop it. i don't know anyone who uses them, but fuck all the people that do. if you find yourself magically lagging in the middle of a combo and dropping them, there may be a chance that the opponent is using a lag switch, but most of the time i'd say its just a bad connection and you're being paranoid.

Thanks. Yea, I was playing player matches for 3 hours last night but ran into this one dude where everytime during a air combo it would start to stutter. It was just weird that it happened everytime. There were other stutters in the match as well, so probably lag.

I just bring it up. Because the comments in that srk article about online somebody brought it up.

I've never seen one before, but always here about them.

zlatko

Banned
Thanks. Yea, I was playing player matches for 3 hours last night but ran into this one dude where everytime during a air combo it would start to stutter. It was just weird that it happened everytime. There were other stutters in the match as well, so probably lag.

I just bring it up. Because the comments in that srk article about online somebody brought it up.

I've never seen one before, but always here about them.

It could be worse sort of.

I bodied 3 different guys straight yesterday and each of them d/ced on me because they couldn't handle the molly whomp. :/ Lag in this game has never been a problem for me thanks to the new see bar pings before you accept a fight, but whenever lag does hit I just do the cheapest stuff possible i.e wesker. :p

GeoNeo

I disagree.
LETS GO RAYRAY

GET THAT MONEY SON

:D

Edit my predictions:

1. RayRay
2. Noel Brown
3. ChrisG
4. MastaCJ
5. MarlinPie
6. Yipes
7. Dieminion
8. NerdJosh (Should have been PR Rog.)

I could of swore I watched an XF3 Hawkeye hit Gimlet twice while in XF3. Well, probably was on zero hours of sleep, so could explain it.

And the limb issue with Rocket won't matter in the long run. Due to his mobility and rocket skates.

Axis

i love watching masta cj's dorm play...really hoping him and ray-ray do well today

i still want marlinpie to win it, tho. :D

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Found an old PS1 controller. Pre- dualshock. Much rather play marvel on this thing. No analog sticks on this thing either. I usually fuckabout with the analog sticks during hypers, but since they added mashing I can't do that since I'll accidently dhc. The controller itself is a lot more flat than any of the dualshocks. Only problem is that L2 and R2 are not as large as they are in the dualshocks, they're about the size of the L1 R1 buttons. So small and compact, I love it. Also it's a sick red.

xavi42

I don't play online, I am horrible at this game. I thought there was supposed to be some kind single player mode that we could download. What ever happened to that?

TheOGB

Banned
A FREE AS HELL SCRUB JOINS THE ULTIMATE BATTLE!

Not putting myself out there quite yet, but please, tell me how this sounds, MahvelGAF: Ryu/Firebrand/Nova. Is this a road worth travelling down?

A FREE AS HELL SCRUB JOINS THE ULTIMATE BATTLE!

Not putting myself out there quite yet, but please, tell me how this sounds, MahvelGAF: Ryu/Firebrand/Nova. Is this a road worth travelling down?

Firebrand/Nova/Ryu probably makes more sense. Easier to DHC, and Ryu probably has the best assist on your team.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So many stuff for me to do/watch tonight. It's probably not going to last too long because of the rules. Glad SCR is next week.

Isn't Sp00ky supposed to be streaming something today too?

I posted that earlier in the thread, and I submitted it to eventscrubs 2 days ago, which is probably why you found it today.

but I was looking for new tasky tech when i found it on the guy's channel stuff that I had found & posted before.

TL;DR: thanks for not reading my posts.

Sorry bro, also it looks like its very impractical which sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom