• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMVC3 The Online Warrior: Episode Six 'Patched Already?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njn5oKPeWYQ&feature=g-all&list=PL57A6544386C54E9D
ff_600_030.jpg

Yes say hello to Johnny with the Cosmic Control Rod.
Looks like an older Steve Rogers.
I'm not dead.
It felt like I hadn't seen you around for some reason...
Upgraded? It's incredibly worse.
Well damn

X-factor he can since it speeds up him which causes the recovery frames on a lot of moves to disappear. Why Skrull is so good at anchor.

Yeah, he may not be able to link in non XF. I know I see people link all the time in XF. Either by XFC or just by the speed boost.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Air Legion Arrow LH x5 is the MvC3 AHVB x5. (And even then, it doesn't really have the same instant fullscreen utility.)

Haven't tested it in Ultimate though.

Those were the mighty armor that occurred during FI.

And do I need to upload the scan of some of the shit Bobby can do.

This end year has been the year of the underachievers.

Caj814

Air Legion Arrow LH x5 is the MvC3 AHVB x5. (And even then, it doesn't really have the same instant fullscreen utility.)

Haven't tested it in Ultimate though.

It still works but still needs some tight timing to get it consistently. The scaling makes it not worth the effort unless you know it's going to kill.

No, the Asgardian armors or something, but these are pretty dope too even though they don't really understand the simplicity aspect of the TRON style.

These have been used for cross-advertising Tron Legacy; remember how Disney owns Marvel. Yeah. :p

And oh, you mean those?

Can he even link his supers like she can?

Total garbage tier unlike Hsien-Bro's Hyper Viper Ha

He can link his Lvl3 into his chain gun Lvl1.

Dahbomb

Rocket Raccoon is NOT low tier... he is sleeper tier. He's fairly hard to play and I understand why almost no one is playing him right now. Nothing about the character comes easy.

Neki

To bad it's impossible online x.x
if I can eventually do Nova's H loop online, you should be able to do that! :p

Rocket Raccoon is NOT low tier... he is sleeper tier. He's fairly hard to play and I understand why almost no one is playing him right now. Nothing about the character comes easy.
sounds like early vanilla C.Viper, or Iron Man, lawl.

Dahbomb

Pretty much. Viper ended up being S tier and Iron Man ended up being like bottom of A/High tier once people actually started playing them. I think Iron Man is B tier this time though but that's another debate.

Rocket Raccoon has WWWWAAAAAYYYYY too many tools to be garbage. Fast mobility? You got it? Hard to read mix ups when up close? You got it. Small as fuck hit box? You got it. Ability to both rushdown and annoy you from a distance? You got it. Great assist? You got it. Teleports? You got it.

Health is not that relevant in this game as everyone is dying in one combo anyway (either you are below 1 million or above the way I see it). His damage is an issue... RIGHT NOW and that will change over time. He already has a very difficult but damaging combo/loop in the workings right now and people just need to optimize his combos and develop a proper game plan with him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
if I can eventually do Nova's H loop online, you should be able to do that! :p

Pretty much why I gave up on Nova. Only character I've been able to hit that on online is Nemesis. Also too many people were starting to use him. I can't be using a popular character. *adjusts hipster shades

Pretty much. Viper ended up being S tier and Iron Man ended up being like bottom of A/High tier once people actually started playing them

What? Who used Iron Man besides Viscant? His Iron Man was terrible.

Dahbomb

Max thinks Wesker should be patched in the same way everyone has been saying... axe the glasses.

The SRK Showmatches should be tonight. I wished they were 3/5 double elimination but instead it's 2/3 single elimination despite only being an 8 player tournament for $1000.

Still though hype, salt and Weskers ahoy! I count 4-5 potential Wesker teams (PRBalrog, NoelBrown, ChrisG, MastaCJ and Yipes). Yipes and ChrisG may not use Wesker, PRBalrog is thinking of dropping Wesker for Dante as well. Let's see how that goes.

Too bad they have to play with the throw tech glitch in tact. Meaning expect some fraudulent play.

I want someone playing the game right now to go into training mode and pick any character vs Frank West. Have the training dummy perform the Shopping Cart hyper and while blocking it, try to X Factor cancel during it. Tell me what happens, I am away from the game right now. I have a working theory on the game.

Who used Iron Man besides Viscant?
On a high enough level it was only FlashMetroid. Character was heavily underplayed at high level play.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much why I gave up on Nova. Only character I've been able to hit that on online is Nemesis. Also too many people were starting to use him. I can't be using a popular character. *adjusts hipster shades

What? Who used Iron Man besides Viscant? His Iron Man was terrible.

If you can't do the H loop he still has very damaging alternatives that do around 740k.

Dahbomb

Cr. ABCS j.BBC Nova Strike wall bounce j.S f+H S j.H Nova Force

Something like that, don't know how much damage it does but you can do a lot of different combos with Nova and still be within the 700K range. He hits hard no matter what you do.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh I thought that combo only did like 650k-ish. I'll have to go to training mode.

edit- tried it out 643k damage. Very very screen dependent. I think you need to be pretty dead midscreen to hit the j. S since the rocket punch moves you forward so much.

edit2- I take that back only working for me now when I'm cornered.

Dahbomb

Use the normal flight combo air series, fly, air series, j.S, f+H etc.

Nova Strike combos look boss as hell, if you are closer to the corner after the Nova Strike you can do air dash down j.H into relaunch. The j.S is for when you are out of distance for j.H.

Did you try out that X factor cancel with Shopping Cart in the lab?

Edit: Beaten

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I tried it out. Was able to mash cr. L after the xfc and have the cr. Ls hit. Wasn't able to get it again though. When it worked Frank West was right beside my character. Also did a srk and shin srk after xfc but I already expected those to work.

Dahbomb

No I meant can you block it even after XFC while it's in his active frames.

I have a working theory because this has happened to me quite a bit. Physical hits which are hitting continuous (frame by frame) cannot be XFC, you will be hit out of the XFC but not beams/projectiles you can XFC and block/do whatever from it. I have done XFC in matches and still be hit by certain moves if they are a frame after the XFC.

Simplified version:

XFC -> get hit by a physical attack that is within a frame of the XFC (1 frame) -> you get hit (like a potential 1 frame snap back attack)

XFC -> get hit by a projectile attack within 1 frame -> you block it (so you can XFC during full screen beams)

My guess was that in vanilla why they had to make snap backs 2 frames instead of 1 is that if they XFC during a block string you can potentially punish it right back with a snap back if done at the right frame.

I don't know the properties on Shopping Cart but it seemed like the hyper to try the theory with.

Kimosabae

Banned
There's nothing sleeper about Rox, imo. Character's got a ton of tools but the lack of limbs ultimately holds him back. Unless he sticks to zoning/run away (and his zoning's not that great, it's just used as a way to transition to his rushdown) he doesn't land a hit unless he totally mind-fucks you - there's nothing solid about that. His RD/mobility isn't that great either due to Rocket Skate recovery. He's got a ton of mobility options, but few of them are powerful enough to facilitate opening someone up without some real specific setups - like Iron Man. He's just way too Assist reliant and needs specific kinds of Assists, at that (lockdown Assist like Unibeam et al).

Someone will show what he's capable of soon enough, but that player won't be placing Top 8 in a major or on the strength of Rox alone, or anything.

Pretty much. Viper ended up being S tier and Iron Man ended up being like bottom of A/High tier once people actually started playing them. I think Iron Man is B tier this time though but that's another debate.

Rocket Raccoon has WWWWAAAAAYYYYY too many tools to be garbage. Fast mobility? You got it? Hard to read mix ups when up close? You got it. Small as fuck hit box? You got it. Ability to both rushdown and annoy you from a distance? You got it. Great assist? You got it. Teleports? You got it.

Health is not that relevant in this game as everyone is dying in one combo anyway (either you are below 1 million or above the way I see it). His damage is an issue... RIGHT NOW and that will change over time. He already has a very difficult but damaging combo/loop in the workings right now and people just need to optimize his combos and develop a proper game plan with him.

As a Rocky player I'm interested in that loop, what is it? Personally, I do think his health is an issue, he just dies so fast and it's frustrating >_<

The only problem with the "annoy you from a distance" part is that his projectiles have no durability at all, but the good thing is that he can rush down if the match up needs it. Still, I've recently found out that annoying the big guys like Sent with cH from fullscreen is now one of my favorite things to do XD

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_kXJO5VxA4

Flash said he got up to 900K with RR using 1 meter.

Rocket does have a couple of good buttons he can use especially that button that moves him forward and j.S which is super disjointed. The hit box on that move is bigger than RR himself and gives him solid protection. Of course j.M moves him forward while being an active hit box.

He has hard to react resets too.

Woah, I need to get in the lab with that.

Btw, to cancel S into a special it needs to be TK'd then? I was having trouble with that in Hawkeye's trials.

Dahbomb

Yeah but that combo is hard to do. I tried that shit and gave up.

A lot of RR's stuff is a ton of inputs in a very short window of time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yea, Boulder Trap loops are silly.

Also, I want to re-emphasize again that Lost Planet is awesome. <3 LP and PTX-40A.
I think Lost Planet is one of the worst-executed, great ideas for a franchise ever, but they deserved representation. PTX-40A should've been in there instead of Nemesis. Hell, almost anyone should've been in over him.

I think Lost Planet is one of the worst-executed, great ideas for a franchise ever, but they deserved representation. PTX-40A should've been in there instead of Nemesis. Hell, almost anyone should've been in over him.

Haha, I agree. :D
Except for the "worst-executed" part. It's nothing STELLAR, but I never felt the gameplay was disrupting me too much from the experience I had. Though I feel LP² was a bit worse than LP.

Whoa, people remember PTX from TvC? Nice :p

Of course, man. Homie was my main, unless I was told not to play giants cause people felt they were cheap around here LOL.

Dahbomb

I saw ShadyK playing RR and it was pretty decent. He wasn't doing anything fancy, just the day 1 BnBs (which compared to other day 1 BnBs is fairly difficult too because of tight timings on OTG) and standard zoning/spacing. And trust me RR has a ton of fancy shit on him.

If someone actually masters this character it's going to look like a work of art and for quite a while people aren't going to know what the hell to do against him shenanigans.

I have played a shit ton of LP2 on PC. All my character slots/types are at LVL99 and I have unlocked everything in the game. It's a fun quirky multiplayer game. Single player is ass without buddies but with buddies it's fun too. Has some WTF/weird moments but once you grasp the mechanics of the game it's fun but most people don't get past the mechanics. It's 10x more playable on PC because of mappable keys to anything, on 360 I can't play for shit. L3 click + A to roll? Get the fuck out of with that shit... on PC we have one button rolls.

He can link his Lvl3 into his chain gun Lvl1.
I meant level one supers like Cable, Taskmaster and Hsien-Ko.
I don't know if this is in response to my little joke, but there is no doubt he is nap tier. Anyone with eyeballs should see he has the tools to be at LEAST A. I'm pretty sure that 70% of the folks who saw him day 1 agreed that he has some sick potential.
Max thinks Wesker should be patched in the same way everyone has been saying... axe the glasses.
Gotta watch this segment.

Yeah but that combo is hard to do. I tried that shit and gave up.

A lot of RR's stuff is a ton of inputs in a very short window of time.

Haha, yeah, he's an annoying guy to use. Still, before getting into combos I really feel I need to learn his mixups and blockstrings first. Assist->teleport and simply punishing mistakes only gets you so far >.>

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haha, I agree. :D
Except for the "worst-executed" part. It's nothing STELLAR, but I never felt the gameplay was disrupting me too much from the experience I had. Though I feel LP² was a bit worse than LP.
Don't get me started on LP2. I bought it for the lulz for 10$ when all the Blockbusters here were going kaput, and I still feel I paid to much of it. The game reeks of terribly designed encounters, terrible UI (especially in split screen), terrible pacing, physics engine that doesn't know what it wants at times etc. Gotta disagree heavily on this brah :p

We complain about Capcom's Fighting Game UIs here, but really they fail across the board. If I have to press A about 6 times after the title screen appears in DMC4 to just get past it, your doing it wrong. These are the reasons why I agree with "lol Japanese devs." They screw up on stuff you didn't know it was possible to screw up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom