• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, GG's to those in Kadey's lobby. GAF is Zero town. PS Bizazedo I want my revenge on you, you were the only one I didn't manage to take down at least once T_T I don't mind all the Zero's, I want as much practice against that bastard as I can get.

Second, re: Zero's hitboxes

-Protected almost all the time by that damn sword
-Crouching Heavy is his most Dixie Kong move - WHY IS THERE A HITBOX IN HIS HAIR
-I suspect air S will be similar to it
- His H Dive is just as Gamma Crush-ish as I thought
-Reverse Pizza Slicer looks a little less dumb than I thought, but I remembered those pictures aren't in motion

Sword guys have it so good. Screw all their neutral games, I have to set my shit up every time because I don't want to eat a big red bubble of death in the opening gambit T_T

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
╢I Kadey, present╟

iRBJxTl6729tk.gif

Date° Perhaps later tonight if players are quickly determined.

1. Xbox 360 players only.
2. 4-6 player lobby.
3. Two hour time limit.
4. Players must be present for whole duration of the lobby to be qualified.
5. Any disconnect will not stop the time and disconnected player will lose their spot in the lineup and however long depending on how fast they get back into the lobby.
6. Player with most wins thereafter is the winner.
7. A tie breaker at the end will be played in a first to five set.
8. Winner cannot choose point character for the next match in any slot but can choose them again for next match after, etc. Meaning no point character can be chosen on a team in next match. And point character of next match cannot be chosen in next match thereafter if need be, etc. This does not apply to losing players.
9. Order will be determined randomly via random generator program.
10. Time will start after first round of the first match begins.

°Winner gets to become mod on stream if haven't already and receives 1600 Live Points.

Interested players will have to PM me to get in.

This will be streaming live at my TwitchTV channel.

════════════════════════════════════════

Lobby tonight lasted for over 8 hours/12Gbs

Some highlights. KillaB exhibition. That Spidey.

Vs Frantic
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390049

Vs Solar
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390120

Vs Smurf

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390160

smurfx

get some go again
after watching killa sasa dismantle smurfx, I'd have to say degen is probably better than smurf at this point.
-_- i hated watching that match up as i screwed up so many times. i ended up going on a 10 game win streak after that and beat killa as well ultimoo so shut it! i know i should be using up arrows with task against x 23 and spidy but i never do. ugh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey, I want to participate but the time when it is is kind of important, gotta square out a two hour block of time somewhere. Especially since school just started for me again today >.<

Bizazedo

First off, GG's to those in Kadey's lobby. GAF is Zero town. PS Bizazedo I want my revenge on you, you were the only one I didn't manage to take down at least once T_T I don't mind all the Zero's, I want as much practice against that bastard as I can get.
They were fun / good games and yeah, I'll play anytime.

As soon as I realized you could reliably do that reset with Spidey I was like..oo, if I touch hm I must kill him.
<3 Zero.

Was good games all night against everyone. I hope I didn't play Frantic enough where he has me figured out :x. I have some ideas for next time..

8. Winner cannot choose point character for the next match in any slot but can choose them again for next match after, etc. Meaning no point character can be chosen on a team in next match. And point character of next match cannot be chosen in next match thereafter if need be, etc. This does not apply to losing players.

Intriguing :).

Is there anything to stop someone from say, putting their second slot character first and then just tagging out immediately? Or is this a spirit of the game / you know our squads by now?

Either way, I want in, I do have a second team.

He sounds like he has dentures on.
His voice actor is the same from the Wolverine cartoons, right?

mr. puppy

Banned
&#9570;I Kadey, present&#9567;

iRBJxTl6729tk.gif

Date° Perhaps later tonight if players are quickly determined.

1. Xbox 360 players only.
2. 4-6 player lobby.
3. Two hour time limit.
4. Players must be present for whole duration of the lobby to be qualified.
5. Any disconnect will not stop the time and disconnected player will lose their spot in the lineup and however long depending on how fast they get back into the lobby.
6. Player with most wins thereafter is the winner.
7. A tie breaker at the end will be played in a first to five set.
9. Order will be determined randomly via random generator program.
10. Time will start after first round of the first match begins.

°Winner gets to become mod on stream if haven't already and receives 1600 Live Points.

Interested players will have to PM me to get in.

This will be streaming live at my TwitchTV channel.

&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;&#9552;

Lobby tonight lasted for over 8 hours/12Gbs

Some highlights. KillaB exhibition. That Spidey.

Vs Frantic
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390049

Vs Solar
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390120

Vs Smurf

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304390160

i'm gonna have fun watching this, would've really liked to join but i'm ps3 :(. looking free with my ghost/dante/akuma team I guess just won't happen soon haha.

Kimosabae

Banned
Magneto's voice is a derivation of the Ian McKellan movie trilogy portrayal, which is the definitive version of Magneto at this point. Don't let the corny jokes of stream commentators warp your brain - Magnus sounds just the way he should, and he sounds dope.

MvC2 Magneto made no fucking sense whatsoever. Magnus is not evil.

Masamuna

I had no idea how much faster Hawkeye's arrow assist was compared to Task's. It's also so easy to hitconfirm off of fullscreen with IF. It seems another character needs to be added to my plethora of IF teams.

Dahbomb, can vergil go into a SS combo post DHC after IF's spirit of the dragon? And if he does would I need to omit the groundbounce from IF's bnb to help vergil? Barring when I use a quick assist to ignore the groundbounce of course.

Frantic

Interesting... this shouldn't be much of a problem for me. I've got like eight characters I consider 'mains', lol. Now I just need to return to Dante on secondary. ;)

But yeah, sent a PM. Should be fun.

Was good games all night against everyone. I hope I didn't play Frantic enough where he has me figured out :x. I have some ideas for next time..
Even if I figured you out it wouldn't help me much. Zero makes my brain do everything wrong.

Thank you for picking my worst match against Killa Sasa. :(

dankir

Mags sounded like a dirty hobo in MvC2 his VO didn't suit him at all. He need a classy accent as he has in MvC3 and I think it suits him perfectly.

Also how come this isn't in community yet? Mahvel GAF gets preferred treatment on GAF? Are we Neogaf GOLD members without knowing it?

shaowebb

I keep trying to find some decent combos for Rocket Raccoon because I love his keep away/trap zoning a lot. I thought I'd try his mission modes for ideas and I gotta say some of the stuff in mission mode is pretty impractical. The window of opportunity to link certain characters moves together is so small its pretty risky to try for some of these links...especially when other stuff is safer and scales less.

I'm thinking the key to making good RR combos is gonna revolve around trying to emulate long air combos or ROM combos like other cast do. I know his air S has a lot of fun things you can do off it. Thing is he tends to need boulder traps to keep things going in the stuff I've seen online. I'll keep trying because he's pretty frustrating to deal with if he has proper horizontal coverage, but I'm not certain he's gonna be worth it in the long run. He's just the first teleporter/zoning character I've enjoyed playing so far is all. *sigh* if only MODOK had a teleport...

Also am I supposed to have ZERO bars when creating lobbies in HH?

EDIT:
1684122896.png

Oh Fuck you comcast! Even Beard has better internet than me now :C
*gets on phone*

Mags sounded like a dirty hobo in MvC2 his VO didn't suit him at all. He need a classy accent as he has in MvC3 and I think it suits him perfectly.

Also how come this isn't in community yet? Mahvel GAF gets preferred treatment on GAF? Are we Neogaf GOLD members without knowing it?

Maybe since were at 339 pages already they're waiting for us to max out and create an OT2?
Also am I still allowed to compete in the 360 thing Kadey is doing with a connection speed this ass? I'm pretty Body-able anyways as busy as I stay so its not like I'll complain if I lose. You can even practice lag tactics on me. Seriously though...what the hell comcast...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
1684134057.png

<3

Not THE fastest connection obviously but I rarely ever get any lag playing this game. Only minor quirk I've noticed is that it seems to disconnect for a few seconds at 1:30 AM or something. Happened twice during a gaf lobby match. Once right before the match started and once in the middle of the combo that would have won the game for me.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, can vergil go into a SS combo post DHC after IF's spirit of the dragon? And if he does would I need to omit the groundbounce from IF's bnb to help vergil? Barring when I use a quick assist to ignore the groundbounce of course.
Yes to the second one. First one I don't know... if DHCing out of Spirit Dragon before the final hit causes a soft knockdown then you are good to go. If not then it will not work.

shaowebb

1684134057.png

<3

Not THE fastest connection obviously but I rarely ever get any lag playing this game. Only minor quirk I've noticed is that it seems to disconnect for a few seconds at 1:30 AM or something. Happened twice during a gaf lobby match. Once right before the match started and once in the middle of the combo that would have won the game for me.

God dammit...I have to pay $50+ to comcast in WV for this shit too. :C
All of my envy good sir. All of it.

Giard

I wish I could participate :(
I won't be back home for another couple of days...I haven't played in a while so I'll be even worse than before. You guys have probably improved.

Good luck to those participating!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit...I have to pay $50+ to comcast in WV for this shit too. :C
All of my envy good sir. All of it.

The thing is, my ISP used to be sucky for years on end. Like 3 years ago, 50 dollars a month would net me a 25 GB monthly download cap (+5 for 5GB extra when exceeded) and before that it used to be 10 GB for a very long time and download speeds of 1.96 mbps. Since I switched to VDSL+ I've been getting this speed and they gradually eased up on the download caps. This year the cap was raised to 100 GB a month and a few months ago I was shocked to find out it's now unlimited. Watching HD stuff on a regular basis was a pipedream before that.

Frantic

@Dahbomb, I don't think I've ever seen you mention it, but how do you feel about the Dante vs Zero matchup?

I wish I could participate :(
I won't be back home for another couple of days...I haven't played in a while so I'll be even worse than before. You guys have probably improved.

Good luck to those participating!
I'll run an Arthur team in honor of you
if I get in, anyways
. *salute*

Bizazedo

If you know the main squads of the six, you should ban specific characters after a win so they don't rotate their second slot characters with their points.

And Smurf's Taskmaster is *really* his point :).

Frantic

And my Zero. Or Wesker. Dunno who she'd choose.

But, it would prevent the six from working the system. Your team is just as effective with Spencer on point as Dante :). Same here with Nova.
Yeah, I know. I'm honestly okay with that rule, lol. It would makes things more interesting. :p

shaowebb

So wait...when are we doing the 360 gaf tourney thing? And who is signed up? So confuddled...

kadey said:
So if you lose you can keep your point character and whole team if you want to, but if you win you have to select a new point character in your next match right? Sounds like a cool way to test who has the most overall skills with the game and not just with a certain few characters if this is how it works.

Degen

I love it when your little junior characters put in all kinds of work to try and rush in and start the fanciest new combo you learned on Youtube, get tagged with an armored move for their effort and lose 900K on the spot because of LMHS MMHS Hyper DHC Hyper. "Lol" does not begin to describe it

and get this: the game says I have advanced offense. Advanced offense. aaaahahaha

Team Armor. Game ruined.™

So wait...when are we doing the 360 gaf tourney thing? And who is signed up? So confuddled...

So if you lose you can keep your point character and whole team if you want to, but if you win you have to select a new point character in your next match right? Sounds like a cool way to test who has the most overall skills with the game and not just with a certain few characters if this is how it works.

What if people just stick their point character in the 2nd slot every time, and just tag them in every time the round starts? :)

shaowebb

What if people just stick their point character in the 2nd slot every time, and just tag them in every time the round starts? :)

Id considered this since Iron Fist/Ryu works pretty good flipped. If I wanted Iron Fist in first still I could just Denjin mode into a tag to gain the assist buff too that way. Course I doubt I'm gonna win. I aint played a whole bunch, but hey it is Mahvel Baby. Course I don't even know if I'm one of the folks in this either since all I did was mention it.

Whose playing Kadey and when do they play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom