• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a live podcast announcing the Evo games lineup last year too.

I recall stream monsters going in hardcore once MK9 was announced - this was well before anyone even played the game.

2012 really a lock?
Yeah. It brings in the most international comp and viewers.

Also, every Evo to date has had at least one SF game. Whether ST, 3S, or IV.

Grecco

They had a live podcast announcing the Evo games lineup last year too.

I recall stream monsters going in hardcore once MK9 was announced - this was well before anyone even played the game.

Yeah. It brings in the most international comp and viewers.

I fully await MK fans going in hard when they announce that it wont be in Evo 2012

Also my reasons for doubting SF2012 is because SFXTekken will be in, and so will Marvel. 3 Capcom games wont be too much?

Chavelo

2012 will prolly headline again.

It only sounds weird being on the lineup just because of the popularity for the game atm in the States, but for everyone else, it draws the big numbers.

Except Mexico. KOF! KOF! KOF, CABRONES! :D

Also my reasons for doubting SF2012 is because SFXTekken will be in, and so will Marvel. 3 Capcom games wont be too much?

feelsbadman.jpg

2012 and UMVC3 are locks.

I say SC5 is a lock, with all the promotion scamco is doing at all the events.

Like solar said, the other 3 besides 2012/UMVC3 is where the "drama" is at.

Maybe they will go to 6. If they don't waste time on finals day with some game demonstration, there could be time (but there will probably be something TTT2 related I bet).

Chavelo

If there's gonna be an ANIMAAAAAAAAAAY game (shoutouts to Sp00oooo00kkyyyyYYY!), we might as well go full retard and go with Skullgirls.

OH HEY A FIGHTING GAME THAT ACTUALLY HAS FEATURES

EDIT: \/\/\/

GEMS CHEN?

Dahbomb

UMVC3 and 2012 are a lock for sure. Anything else is up in the air... I would put my money on SCV and SFxTekken. No SFxTekken at EVO would bring the salt.

Frantic

I don't think that DT leads to the mixups or free entry that Sougenmu does. Yeah, Vortex is invincible, but it's easy to anticipate and block. You can use Vortex to get inside, and make it safe with a fly cancel, but the you're still in the air against Zero... but Zero will beat all of your options coming down with his normals. And can't Zero still build meter is Sougenmu?
That's the thing, though. Devil Trigger is not about mixups or free entry like Sogenmu- against Zero, it's a completely defensive hyper. You want to use DT to control Zero, and escape when he gets too close. A single Devil Trigger lasts as long as two Sogenmu, meaning Dante has the advantage of being able to spend his time in a powered up state longer, and giving Dante the ability to escape the sheer WTF factor of Sogenmu Lightning/Buster bullshit.

Trying to get in on Zero with Dante is folly. That's why I never go in on Zero unless I see an opening... and even if he blocks, the block string puts me back at fullscreen to start the process all over.

I haven't really explored double airdash or triple jump in DT, though, so I don't know what that potential holds. I imagine you'll just get s.H'd.
Triple jump allows Dante to reach super jump height and still call assists. It also allows him to stay in the air longer without using up his specials in the air. Double-airdash is decent for fake crossups, but that's all I've found for it.

Anth0ny

Oh wow, Chris G used to play Smash? Did not know that.

Noel Brown and Chris G former Smash players, now top Marvel players. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I think SC5 and KOF 13 are locks. So are SF X Tekken and UMVC3 the real question is the last slot, 2012/MK9/Blazblue
No games outside of Capcom and Namco are ever locks.

ever
2012 really a lock?
That is like asking if water is wet.
You can never have enough Capcom. They should totally run this next year...

AE 2012
Megaman edition
SFxTekken
TekkenxStreet Fighter
Killer Instinct

Oh wow, Chris G used to play Smash? Did not know that.

Noel Brown and Chris G former Smash players, now top Marvel players. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Didn't Justin dabble in Smash?

Why would games not even out be locks? What if the community hates them? On what basis is that call made?

Mortal Kombat set the precedent. If it's popular, it's in there.
They'll just play with the rules to make it competitive (in MK9's case, no DLC, no alt costumes which altered hitboxes)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah Noel and Chris G played Melee. From their stories it sounded like they played a long long time ago. So if you get out early you still have a chance at other games. I'm fucked.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Battle Royale will happen in 3-4 hours.

All participants message me on Live at the tim
e
and I will get you into the lobby. Nobody starts anything until we get the order of the players correct. Do not spectate the first match on your end everybody. First two players will get into their match. Next player sets himself up and so on. The time will count down at the very second first round of the first match begins.

Biz was right in the rules. Point character must be different with each match for winning player. You cannot carry point character into next team but you may again if you win again but the point character of that previous match cannot be carried into the next game, etc.

It's all about having fun so good luck to everyone.

═════════════════════════════

I personally do not want SFvTekken as a main game if gems are mandatory. Biggest mistake they made with the game I personally think. Opponents should always be on equal grounds in competitive play. The less variables that isn't character specific, the better.

0sfAP.jpg

I opened the NAT on my PS3(I think I did it right lol) :)

It's a world of difference, there's no comparison. I still get the occasional underwater match and simple things like canceling into a special move get dropped a lot, but moving around feels a lot better and I can see what's happening on screen. Notably, the menu screen actually loads now when I'm logged in thank god. Definitely a lot of fun, won 8/10 matches I played and I'll probably be on again later, too. I actually feel like I'm getting experience when I play online now, and I don't get angry when I lose(except when I get double happy birthday'd by lagged out Vergils and lose my streak because I refreshed ranked 3 times and it kept giving me the same red bar dude so I played him like an idiot goddamn it)

Guys why are you even discussing evo games when it will be cancelled because someone is going to kill esports.

But yeah, it'll be MvC3, SF4, SC5, SFxT, and Skullgirls because Mike Z is in with the Illuminati. KoF will maybe sneak in as a 6th game, or MK if WB pays money to get it in.

Neki

0sfAP.jpg

I opened the NAT on my PS3(I think I did it right lol) :)

It's a world of difference, there's no comparison. I still get the occasional underwater match and simple things like canceling into a special move get dropped a lot, but moving around feels a lot better and I can see what's happening on screen. Notably, the menu screen actually loads now when I'm logged in thank god. Definitely a lot of fun, won 8/10 matches I played and I'll probably be on again later, too. I actually feel like I'm getting experience when I play online now, and I don't get angry when I lose(except when I get double happy birthday'd by lagged out Vergils and lose my streak because I refreshed ranked 3 times and it kept giving me the same red bar dude so I played him like an idiot goddamn it)

so can we actually play?

Battle Royale will happen in 3-4 hours.

Biz was right in the rules. Point character must be different with each match for winning player. You cannot carry point character into next team but you may again if you win again but the point character of that previous match cannot be carried into the next game, etc.

how about using an entirely different team if you win. :D for variety.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
2 of 5 games in the 2011 lineup were by Capcom, and it was probably the least Capcom-centric EVO in the event's history. A repeat of that would be the anomaly, not the alternative.

If any of Capcom's current titles risk not making the line-up, it's SFxTK, and I think even that has much better odds than most of its competition.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's the thing, though. Devil Trigger is not about mixups or free entry like Sogenmu- against Zero, it's a completely defensive hyper. You want to use DT to control Zero, and escape when he gets too close. A single Devil Trigger lasts as long as two Sogenmu, meaning Dante has the advantage of being able to spend his time in a powered up state longer, and giving Dante the ability to escape the sheer WTF factor of Sogenmu Lightning/Buster bullshit.

Trying to get in on Zero with Dante is folly. That's why I never go in on Zero unless I see an opening... and even if he blocks, the block string puts me back at fullscreen to start the process all over.

Triple jump allows Dante to reach super jump height and still call assists. It also allows him to stay in the air longer without using up his specials in the air. Double-airdash is decent for fake crossups, but that's all I've found for it.

It's true that Dante can use DT to effectively evade and control Zero's movements for a limited time, but ultimately, Zero is very capable of playing keepaway, too. He really need only stay away for the duration of DT, since it really isn't an offensive threat to him... He'll take chip damage, but I don't think Zero would be super worried considering how limited Hyper gauge is without scoring direct hits. It's an escape option if you're cornered, I agree.

That's a good point about the triple jump assist call. The fake cross-up is really the only use I saw for the double dash at this point, as well.

Heralds won week 1.
Heroes won week 2.
Heralds are winning week 3.

Lesson? The losers swap to whoever lost last week. Swap against them!

smurfx

get some go again
If you know the main squads of the six, you should ban specific characters after a win so they don't rotate their second slot characters with their points.

And Smurf's Taskmaster is *really* his point :).
QUIET YOU!

edit: omg i just read kadey's bio. jeez so much wrong things there. i don't "prefer" latinas. i like all womens. -_- also i have never proclaimed to be gaf's best player! wtf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Starting to set things up now. Players can start messaging me to get their spots.

I will start no later than 30 mins so if someone isn't present, spot may go to fill-ins.

Apparently I don't have a goddamn clue how to fight Sentinel. ggs Ultimoo.

I've never used Hawkeye in a fight until now, lol God I don't even know one combo with him, and I keep forgetting how to slide -_-.

I miss AA gunshot on Sentinel and using Phoenix against him :-( Normal phoenix vs Sentinel was my favorite match in vanilla. Anyway, I have a lot to work on, I'm so bad at fighting zoning teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom