• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Question for Q.
I've been trying one of your combos and I wanted to ask you what I'm doing wrong because I keep dropping it after the first hit.
How do you do this man!?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
kunonabi said:
So is Thor the only character with decent range on his command throw?

The Darkstalkers have pretty solid range on their command throws in Vanilla. Generally, the range gets farther with the weak button presses, but the startup is a few frames quicker with the stronger ones.

Vice

I played MVC3 for about two hours but for some reason I want to buy UMVC3. Are any characters great for learning the basics or can I just dive in and pick whatever team I like and learn the game pretty well?

shaowebb

shaowebb said:
Question for Q.
I've been trying one of your combos and I wanted to ask you what I'm doing wrong because I keep dropping it after the first hit.
How do you do this man!?
Seriously...you there Q. Im in dire straights and the board would really benefit from your knowledge of this particular combo.

Vice said:
I played MVC3 for about two hours but for some reason I want to buy UMVC3. Are any characters great for learning the basics or can I just dive in and pick whatever team I like and learn the game pretty well?
Do you play any other fighting games?

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Which one?
The MCRIB Loop!
I just ate one of those things and I'm full. How in the hell do you pack in 8 for that combo of yours!
:D
Had to do this after eating my first McRib just now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
The MCRIB Loop!
I just ate one of those things and I'm full. How in the hell do you pack in 8 for that combo of yours!
:D
Had to do this after eating my first McRib just now.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have a blackhole stomach when Im distracted by things. I once bet my step dad I could eat over 100 chicken nuggets when I was 12 haha He lost but he was like WHERE DID YOU THROW THEM AWAY TO!?

Those things are soooo good though damn I want some now.

QisTopTier said:
Maybe I should of been an ass about no shows in the tourney thread sooner LOL
It probably wouldn't have changed much...
Vice said:
Wesker, Ryu, Sentinel, Taskmaster, Amateratsu and Deadpool are all relatively easy to pick up and play even though they have extra depth to them down the road.

Shout outs to Spencer too. That guy is fun to play as.

Chavelo

Tobe1 said:
marn: can i get umvc3 please
clerk: no you cannot

11ieu4g.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
QisTopTier said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have a blackhole stomach when Im distracted by things. I once bet my step dad I could eat over 100 chicken nuggets when I was 12 haha He lost but he was like WHERE DID YOU THROW THEM AWAY TO!?

How can you. MCRIB USED TO BE GODLY GOOD but now it taste so different. It was garbage. :(

Vice said:
Street Fighter, BB and, if you count it, Smash bros. Mostly AE right now.
I'd say just dive in and have fun, but it depends on what level you want to play at. Almost every character can do the same basic air combo (ABCS on the ground, jump, BBCS in the air), so once you get the hang of that the game becomes much more playable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
IntelliHeath said:
How can you. MCRIB USED TO BE GODLY GOOD but now it taste so different. It was garbage. :(
idk I cant stand mc donalds like ever. But this one they have here for some reason the stuff doesn't taste like ass.

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:

2ugpaj5.jpg

For the man who introduced me to both McRib and trolling. Seriously. Your Arthur stuff that people bitch about got me to wanna try trolling and that night when I did Storm/MODOK/Sentinel was largely inspired by your stuff. I'm now likely gonna keep that team as my backup team just for trolling.

Thanks for all the salt ...even if I've never played you Q you've generated so much that your style has grown on me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
2ugpaj5.jpg

For the man who introduced me to both McRib and trolling. Seriously. Your Arthur stuff that people bitch about got me to wanna try trolling and that night when I did Storm/MODOK/Sentinel was largely inspired by your stuff. I'm now likely gonna keep that team as my backup team just for trolling.

Thanks for all the salt ...even if I've never played you Q you've generated so much that your style has grown on me.
HOLY SHIT LOL THAT LOOKS HORRIBLE

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
man, my first exposure to team spooky was URLEY marvel. it seemed so ghetto back then. it's so weird imagining where he is now. from URLEY marvel to EVO. good times.
Same.. And it's also what got me properly into the FGC. Can not turn back.

I want another poverty urley stream with NerdJosh with a towel on his head.

QisTopTier said:
I can't breath every time I see that picture I keep laughing randomly out of control xD
It fits so well that is scares me.

and makes me kinda hungry.

@_@
enzo_gt said:

Man, I can't even imagine how awesome and ghetto a poverty DSIV urley stream would be if the Vampire vets got together for it haha.

I'm going to assume that these streams are long gone, right?

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
I can't breath every time I see that picture I keep laughing randomly out of control xD
LOL.
I'll probably animate that shit when I get home. Lunch is nearly over, but this was the best way I could think of to celebrate my first McRib actually being good alongside of discovering I like zoning as much as I like rushdown. If you ever get a Firebrand loop that goes 8 times you have a name on standby now LOL.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
LOL.
I'll probably animate that shit when I get home. Lunch is nearly over, but this was the best way I could think of to celebrate my first McRib actually being good alongside of discovering I like zoning as much as I like rushdown. If you ever get a Firebrand loop that goes 8 times you have a name on standby now LOL.
Don't make me find something that stupid xD

Ultimoo said:
man, my first exposure to team spooky was URLEY marvel. it seemed so ghetto back then. it's so weird imagining where he is now. from URLEY marvel to EVO. good times.
My first exposure to Spooky was poverty doujin PC games. Massive evolution there, lol.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:

Motion thirded. They should have a special poverty stream of Ultimate where they play the first 10 online matches as Team ASS.

SolarPowered said:
Man, I can't even imagine how awesome and ghetto a poverty DSIV urley stream would be if the Vampire vets got together for it haha.

Do that shit on Halloween at Guard Crush with Rush Hour commentating. Jokes for years right there.

Korigama

Red Arremer said:
I must be like the only person who likes Jill's alt. :(
It's mainly the issue of the mannerisms clashing so much with the RE3 look, along with keeping that tacky mind control device on her chest (though personally, I still wanted S.T.A.R.S. Jill over RE3 Jill). I'm okay with the RE5 battle suit and even the new moveset, but I see no reason why she had to be stuck in the brainwashed phase when they implemented her in the game (never bothered playing the final RE5, but even I know Chris and Sheva snapped her out of it).

*inb4 "but they tied her taunt and Lv. 3 to the glowy thingy on her chest, and she would've had those ugly marks left behind from removing it with the standard look anyway"*

Talked to a friend who got the game early - going over some stuff - mentioned that Dante's heavy pushback on his standing C can be avoided by just doing his down+C. So Dante can alternate to A, B, Down+C into S launcher. For those that don't like bold canceling every single fucking second - get used to doing that.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lowhighkang_LHK said:
Talked to a friend who got the game early - going over some stuff - mentioned that Dante's heavy pushback on his standing C can be avoided by just doing his down+C. So Dante can alternate to A, B, Down+C into S launcher. For those that don't like bold canceling every single fucking second - get used to doing that.

eh..i dont mind the bold cancel but that's useful info for hit confirming i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom