• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
In anticipation of the guide, here's some alt predictions/wishlist/nonsensical suggestions for the characters we don't know yet. Not gonna bother with pics this time, still salty about the massive list I made that got blitzed by the host site changing policies to something more shitty. Note that I lack the affinity with Capcom characters to come up with solid suggestions.

Amaterasu: Shiranui
Arthur: Lancelot
Chris: Warrior Costume from RE5, I prefer a full fledged Safari, but that got a halfassed alt already
Chun Li: Kristen Kreuk Street Fighter movie Chun-Li obviously
Felicia: I dunno...a nun outfit!
Haggar: Suited up, with a mayoral sash
Hsien Ko: two conjoined Nemeses
Spencer: no brainer, OG Spencer
Trish: Gloria
Tron Bonne: Rush the Megadog
Viewtiful Joe: Uhm..The Green Ranger
Zero: MEGA NOVA CORPS
Vergil: Corrupted
Nemesis: Amingo
Firebrand: I dunno some form he had in Demon's Crest that's not represented yet
Phoenix Wright: hobo

Deadpool
Dormammu
Hulk: Maestro
Iron Man: War Machine
Magneto: wish he'd gotten a full version of that white alt, but King of Spain ripoff Magnus please
Phoenix: Jim Lee version
She Hulk: lawyered up
Spider-Man: much to choose from and somehow racking my brain, I kinda like the new Scarlet Spider costume
Taskmaster: UDON Task
Thor: Eh repped already but I really want a full-fledged Ultimate Thor
Wolverine: JEEEEANs
Nova: Darkhawk, but probably the much suckier classic Nova costume

Gonna play some vanilla now, posting this incomplete so that I don't lose it.

Kadey said:
Oh yeah. Prizes.

UMVC3 will also get it's own tournament. I already discussed how it will be. 360 only. And I will be much more strict with the timing this go around.

Why give out PSN cards if it's 360 only? :p

Yeah, we won't get to see all the alts in the guide after all...
A Pretty Panda said:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/...ate_marvel_vs_capcom_3_gets_an_ultimate_guide

Don't know if this has been posted yet. It's a few shots from the Ultimate guide. Apparently Ryu's Shin Hadoken can't be aimed. How lame.
Wolverine XF bonuses Vanilla:

XF1-130% damage and 110% speed

XF2-160% damage and 120% speed

XF3-190% damage and 130% speed

Wolverine XF bonuses Ultimate:

XF1-125% damage and 115% speed

XF2-145% damage and 125% speed

XF3-160% damage and 135% speed

Damn, his XF values before were retarded. XF1 could've used some more trimming, but it is a big improvement compared to before.
Professor Beef said:
...That makes no sense.
Wait... not at all? I assumed that this is only occured in his denjin powerup mode.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just wrote a REALLY fucking angry post but then I read the preview and it says it still can be aimed so... don't do this again please I nearly had a heart attack.

Shin Hadoken is the one, okay that's alright. Guess we won't get crazy bouncing setups though, which sucks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:
Yeah, we won't get to see all the alts in the guide after all...

Wolverine XF bonuses Vanilla:

XF1-130% damage and 110% speed

XF2-160% damage and 120% speed

XF3-190% damage and 130% speed

Wolverine XF bonuses Ultimate:

XF1-125% damage and 115% speed

XF2-145% damage and 125% speed

XF3-160% damage and 135% speed

Damn, his XF values before were retarded. XF1 could've used some more trimming, but it is a big improvement compared to before.

Yeah, the bonuses were pretty stupid, but it was really the scaling that made Wolverine a god. The lowered minimum damage scaling in Ultimate X-Factor will really make a difference in Lvl 1 X-Factor Wolverine.

Ultimoo said:
xf boosts are still too high. I'd like to see at most, 130% bonus in damage in XF3.
It would be a dream come true if it topped out at 50% damage(Sentinel for example) and 40%(Morrigan for example) speed...
Twisted-Gamer said:
not necessarily, see Dr Stange's front page? the DLC outfit isn't even on there anymore...
Yeah, they are all over the place right now.
GuardianE said:
Yeah, the bonuses were pretty stupid, but it was really the scaling that made Wolverine a god. The lowered minimum damage scaling in Ultimate X-Factor will really make a difference in Lvl 1 X-Factor Wolverine.
We'll see if it is enough.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Twisted-Gamer said:
not necessarily, see Dr Stange's front page? the DLC outfit isn't even on there anymore...
Was just about to post that they edited them out. Wouldn't be that hard at all, you can see how the PDF is segmented when it loads up slowly. Plus Chris Baker agreed they'd all be spoiled in the guide anyways. I hope he does a blog post today.

SOMEONE GET THE GUIDE URLEY GODDAMNIT.

enzo_gt said:
Was just about to post that they edited them out. Wouldn't be that hard at all, you can see how the PDF is segmented when it loads up slowly. Plus Chris Baker agreed they'd all be spoiled in the guide anyways. I hope he does a blog post today.

SOMEONE GET THE GUIDE URLEY GODDAMNIT.

I agree. Someone please get it.

Gunstarheroes said:
I agree. Someone please get it.
Are we allowed to post the scans from the guides ourselves? I'm under the impression that it is only okay if they are distributed by the company(Capcom giving us pages) themselves.

SolarPowered said:
Are we allowed to post the scans from the guides ourselves? I'm under the impression that it is only okay if they are distributed by the company(Capcom giving us pages) themselves.
If ya wanna risk a ban, sure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Pretty sure it follows the same rules as magazine scanning. So no.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I don't think pictures are a big deal, but I wanted to add them all to my "Make Your Team!" post, but waiting for individual art/screens would be tedious.

EDIT:
Whoa! Was this posted?

Team Madcatz signs Team MRN players Marn and Wolfkrone :O

What this means is Marn will probably be able to make it to more Marvel events, I always liked his MvC3 play. The Madcatz stable is ridiculously good.

Also, anyone got links to the Ryu/Zero/Vergil mission mode videos? They've been made private so I can't watch embeds.

Yeah, that is exactly what I figured. I don't want any folks to get banned for something trivial.
enzo_gt said:
EDIT:
Whoa! Was this posted?

Team Madcatz signs Team MRN players Marn and Wolfkrone :O

What this means is Marn will probably be able to make it to more Marvel events, I always liked his MvC3 play. The Madcatz stable is ridiculously good.

Also, anyone got links to the Ryu/Zero/Vergil mission mode videos? They've been made private so I can't watch embeds.
Has X-Ray gotten signed on yet? That dude is the sickest Ammy player and I've been vexed by his lack of sponsorship. His FT50 against FChamp was just SICK.

enzo_gt said:
This is true. Even if Marn's not the best of the best, he's among the most entertaining to watch.

vg260

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35412

Todd Jefferson, Marvel's VP of Production for Games:
We may want a character that aligns perfectly with the game's mechanics, like Taskmaster or She Hulk, in which case he or she definitely makes the roster. Conversely, there were characters like Dr. Octopus that both sides wanted and in the end proved to not be feasible from a technical standpoint.

:(

Hm, perhaps both he and Frank had RAM issues.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore. Why was Capcom so deliberately vague about the Ock question previously?

and stupid Firebrand probably cost us Green Goblin for gameplay reasons (if the movie didn't)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
corrosivefrost said:
Why give out PSN cards if it's 360 only? :p

Those are the current tourney prizes. Meaning Seph, Cloud and third place winner are getting them.

UMVC3 tourney. Only one known prize so far.

Of course! Characters like Blade and Black Panther were on the list in the early stages of the game's design. When we got into the mechanics of the characters many dropped off for one reason or another. For Blade, his abilities were almost identical to Deadpool's, and Pool's characterization, teleportation and ability to break the fourth wall won out. Black Panther -- a favorite of mine ever since "Secret Invasion" -- was ruled out because characters like Taskmaster already duplicated a lot of what Black Panther would do on screen.

Well, there we go about these 2. :<

The more I hear about how Doc Ock, the more I wonder if he ever got a theme song...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
2&2 said:
and stupid Firebrand probably cost us Green Goblin (if the movie didn't)
You hush before I shove a McRib down your throat!

What would you expect from green goblin a more agile version of hawk eye? lame

Zissou

Are storm's loops and bnb stuff mostly unchanged in ultimate? I need something to do while I wait, and I never learned any storm combos.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
2&2 said:
They could do plenty with him.
Well I'm not stopping you! Let's hear some cool ideas. Hell they held back on a ton of stuff they could of done to firebrand, he could of had almost as much shit as dante really.

Beth Cyra

Haha well I will give Capcom my respect for going through with it.

I however will be skipping anything and everything that has to do with MvC until 4 is announced.

Korigama

1zycubr.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TruePrime said:
Haha well I will give Capcom my respect for going through with it.

I however will be skipping anything and everything that has to do with MvC until 4 is announced.
Guess you don't actually like the game. Good thing you are not wasting money on it then! I mean why would you buy a game just for one single character in a 3v3 fighter LOL DATS JUST WACKY

Beth Cyra

QisTopTier said:
Guess you don't actually like the game. Good thing you are not wasting money on it then! I mean why would you buy a game just for one single character in a 3v3 fighter LOL DATS JUST WACKY
I spent 70 for the original game.

I don't like any of the new characters, so it's a waste of 40 dollars for someone like me who is not interested in being tournament level player and plays it very much for a Fan Service game.

Varjet

Isn't one of his victory quotes something like "Unfortunately for you, X isn't here"?
Cause that will be weird.
Good job though, Capcom. Maximum trolling.

So we have the Days of Future past poster, Nova's ending, and now Frank and Zero having Mega Man costumes. Gotta love Capcom. :lol :lol :lol

I'll be buying the fuck out of that alt, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom