• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken can die in a fire. I'm tired of seeing those Gi wearing bastards. His low position on all the fan polls says that well enough.

Gene and Megaman for Uncanny Mahvel.

Oh God they are going to shove Rufus into the game. I just know it.

Dahbomb

Isn't that event embargoed?

Even if there is some hype Marvel news (which there is a very low chance of) it's going to be negated by the DmC anti-hype. I really don't know what Capcom can show at Captivate that isn't RE6 or something completely brand new.

Mr. Fix

Isn't that event embargoed?

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

Well, damn.

Dahbomb

Last year there were no leaks except for some really shitty blurred images of game posters.

There were no leaks because there was nothing to leak. SFxTekken was shown/announced so that was cool I guess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Captivate's tomorrow through wednesday right? Here's hoping.
Gimme Leon for dat re6 marketing
WTF Captivate is tomorrow? Already? There is like.. zero hype for it. We would've heard Lupinko or leaks or something right now. Are they planning on showing off nothing or something?

Ken can die in a fire. I'm tired of seeing those Gi wearing bastards. His low position on all the fan polls says that well enough.

Gene and Megaman for Uncanny Mahvel.

Oh God they are going to shove Rufus into the game. I just know it.
Rufus is the worst character design all gen. I can't remember any character worse even outside of the genre. Yes, DmC Dante and even revived Spyro is considered when making that statement.

Really hoping we get something Marvel related from Captivate. Unless a new REAL Onimusha game is announced nothing else besides Marvel dlc can get me hyped. Not even as excited for RE6 as I thought I'd be.

I'm watching the new ultimate spider man cartoon and we have teen Iron Fist and Nova with dat dlc outfit. We even got a street fighter "K.O." in the 2nd episode.
Rufus is the worst character design all gen. I can't remember any character worse even outside of the genre. Yes, DmC Dante and even revived Spyro is considered when making that statement.
Couldn't agree more. I'd take it even a step further and say he is one of the worst designs of all time.

Dahbomb

Is there an archive for CM3?
It's up on Spooky's Youtube channel. It's not the whole thing just the final few matches.

Rufus is the worst character design all gen
Why is he a bad design? He's a fat guy, you hating on fat people with pony tails? Pony tails = top tier, just look at Zero and Viper. You might as well hate on Bob too in Tekken 6, basically same character even fight style minus the pony tail. Not that I even think it's good but worst design all gen is a stretch especially not worse than DmC Dante.

WTF Captivate is tomorrow? Already? There is like.. zero hype for it.
There's no hype for it because they are going to be showing off DmC, the ultimate anti-hype game. It will probably be running at the show floor further decreasing the hype at the event.

kirblar

Yeah, this game doesn't need more Shotos. Would love to have the character select screen for SF5 start with P1 on Sakura and P2 on Sean, though.

Rufus' design issues are more than just aesthetics, his gameplay is just beyond annoying.

Sigmaah

Yeah, this game doesn't need more Shotos. Would love to have the character select screen for SF5 start with P1 on Sakura and P2 on Sean, though.

Rufus' design issues are more than just aesthetics, his gameplay is just beyond annoying.

The only Shoto I'd accept is Magma Dragoon, Best Shoto EVER.

Mmx4magmadragoon.jpg

Eh you guys are setting up yourselves for a disappointment. Better expect nothing from Captivate from anything by Capcom so you can actually be surprised for once.

I honestly don't expect anything, but a surprise would be nice...

I personally don't hate Rufus' design because he is a fat guy, but because he is a badly designed, stupid looking fat guy, haha. Just my opinion of course. Hate is to strong a word, "alright" is about right.

I like Bob better. He looks cooler. Or if Namco or Capcom just made a straight up Sammo Hung clone, that would be dope.

I mostly hate Rufus because of dive kicks. I will always dream of a new SF with no dive kicks.

smurfx

get some go again
I personally don't hate Rufus' design because he is a fat guy, but because he is a badly designed, stupid looking fat guy, haha. Just my opinion of course. Hate is to strong a word, "alright" is about right.

I like Bob better. He looks cooler. Or if Namco or Capcom just made a straight up Sammo Hung clone, that would be dope.

I mostly hate Rufus because of dive kicks. I will always dream of a new SF with no dive kicks.
won't happen as this capcom thinks dive kicks are weapons of mass destruction. the worst thing you could get hit with in a capcom game is a stupid dive kick.

kirblar

Whoa, did NOT know this about Haggar. This is Fooblat/Moons at about 8 minutes in from CM3. You know Haggar's "bad" OTG super? Well, here's why it's "bad."

http://youtu.be/XpigzaB6KI4?t=7m54s

It hits in the air on the way down, so you have to launch your opponent into it! (Apologies if this was "known" but I've never once seen this happen on a stream, ever.) Love this game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is he a bad design? He's a fat guy, you hating on fat people with pony tails? Pony tails = top tier, just look at Zero and Viper. You might as well hate on Bob too in Tekken 6, basically same character even fight style minus the pony tail. Not that I even think it's good but worst design all gen is a stretch especially not worse than DmC Dante.

There's no hype for it because they are going to be showing off DmC, the ultimate anti-hype game. It will probably be running at the show floor further decreasing the hype at the event.
Bob is a godawful design too, Rufus somehow manages to be worse than Bob as well. Doesn't mean fat characters are bad, it's just Rufus is a black hole for charm and charisma that I'm attuned to from most Capcom designs.

I'm specifying aesthetics, BTW. I don't really have an opinion on his playstyle because I'm not invested in SFIV anymore. And even when I played SFIV, I didn't like his playstyle.

Anyone know when the NDA is up on Captivate? My google-fu is not helping.

The start of the video let me know ahead of time that it was going to be godlike.

smurfx

get some go again
Whoa, did NOT know this about Haggar. This is Fooblat/Moons at about 8 minutes in from CM3. You know Haggar's "bad" OTG super? Well, here's why it's "bad."

http://youtu.be/XpigzaB6KI4?t=7m54s

It hits in the air on the way down, so you have to launch your opponent into it! (Apologies if this was "known" but I've never once seen this happen on a stream, ever.) Love this game.
yeah i knew that but i don't do it as i prefer getting my relaunches for more damage and meter. if its just haggar then yeah you should go for it.

Dahbomb

Knew about the Haggar hyper thing when the game was very early. Quite a few hypers in MVC2 worked this way, you thought they did shit damage until you set them up properly. Captain Sword comes to mind.

Azure J

I feel so dumb that I can hit some pretty decently advanced stuff with Dante now, but anything from the P2 side of the screen makes me flub consistently unless it's easy mode combos I'm going for. I feel fraudulent that I can't Stinger - BC Volcano consistently from that side of the screen. :lol

Solune

The only Shoto I'd accept is Magma Dragoon, Best Shoto EVER.

Mmx4magmadragoon.jpg

I honestly don't expect anything, but a surprise would be nice...
Honestly that would be awesome haha. I want real MMX or EXE BASS plox.
Knew about the Haggar hyper thing when the game was very early. Quite a few hypers in MVC2 worked this way, you thought they did shit damage until you set them up properly. Captain Sword comes to mind.

Captain Storm > OTG LAUNCH xx CAPTAIN SWORD SWAG.

Dahbomb

Captivate's tomorrow through wednesday right? Here's hoping.
Gimme Leon for dat re6 marketing
I just noticed your avatar is a fan made picture of what Vergil would look like if he was in DmC. I actually liked that rendition of him, I mean all things considering and the direction they are taking the series.

I hate to burst bubbles here, but I think that if there was anything Marvel related, Lupinko would have at least dropped a hint or two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hate to burst bubbles here, but I think that if there was anything Marvel related, Lupinko would have at least dropped a hint or two.
Mentioned that too.

Though, Captivate is tomorrow and there are no leaks for other games either. Which is odd as well.

It's difficult for all of us to accept the constant "there is nothing Marvel in the works right now" from various Sven and Seth that we've been getting, but I can sorta understand a rationale that Capcom execs may have for not pursuing MvC3 further so it softens the blow. For others though...
I know that feel bro.

Yeah, after how Lupinko got treated after Ultimate and SFxT, highly doubt he will say anything.

Sooooooooo, yeah forget about it for now. And anyway he only leaks it when his source says so.

Dahbomb

Yo this Fanatiq vs Knives sets are hype.

Did someone catch that Storm corner combo? Is that XF only combo? He did like 3 relaunches with Typhoon. God damn Fanatiq the lab monster.

Fat characters ARE bad. Rufus and Bob are abominations, and I hate the fact that they're good. Something pisses me off about them being super-fast and nimble :lol

Rufus is so much worse than Bob though. He took the crown from Blanka for worst SF character that will be a mainstay of the series. At least Blanka plays like he looks (annoy you into screwing up into die). Rufus is at his base actually good.

Fat bastard kung-fu can die in a fire.

Don't you know? Rufus looks fat on purpose. Throws off his opponent and allows him to absorb blows better than everyone.

Fear the chubby ninja.

#itrollwithrufus

Dahbomb

You guys do realize that both of those characters are based off an action martial artist? He was damn fast and nimble too and was a kung fu master. I mean he isn't a blond American but the fighting style is there (minus the dive kicks).

I just realized something that I don't now of any fat fighting game characters that are good. lol I instantly remembered MK's Bo Rai Cho and he is 10x worse than either Rufus or Bob. KOF has some nice fat characters though.

Fat characters ARE bad. Rufus and Bob are abominations, and I hate the fact that they're good. Something pisses me off about them being super-fast and nimble :lol

Rufus is so much worse than Bob though. He took the crown from Blanka for worst SF character that will be a mainstay of the series. At least Blanka plays like he looks (annoy you into screwing up into die). Rufus is at his base actually good.

Fat bastard kung-fu can die in a fire.

Worse than Blanka? Let's not say things we can't take back.

Tirael

I've always hated Rufus's character design, but Bob's is a-ok because he looks just like my best friend. Also his attitude is bitchin'. YAY BIAS

Despite how much I like Ken, he's not welcome in UMvC3 by me. Hell yeah to all the Gene love.

I honestly don't think we're going to get any more characters, but I WANT THEM SO BAD. I would pay twenty bucks for Gene alone.

FSLink

Banned
Any tips on executing the Lightning Loop? I have trouble with the switch charging thing, I can TK the lightnings with some consistently now.

kirblar

You guys do realize that both of those characters are based off an action martial artist? He was damn fast and nimble too and was a kung fu master. I mean he isn't a blond American but the fighting style is there (minus the dive kicks).

I just realized something that I don't now of any fat fighting game characters that are good. lol I instantly remembered MK's Bo Rai Cho and he is 10x worse than either Rufus or Bob. KOF has some nice fat characters though.
Sammo Hung? Ugh, if true, he's awesome (and they are most certainly not)

Dahbomb

Sammo Hung? Ugh, if true, he's awesome (and they are most certainly not)
Yeah I know Bob's fighting style was modeled after him. Namco usually does this with some of their characters like Law and Lei. Don't know if Rufus was the same although I could see it.

Actually I believe that Rufus was modeled after the typical american stereotype that we all know someone. The fat guy who watches martial arts and thinks he knows it and loud and never shuts up.

Like Viper was designed after spied IIRC.

Dahbomb

Everyone knows that Guile is the American stereotype.

Bad ass, has an American flag tatoo, godlike haircut, rock hard abs and biceps, served in the armed forces, is a family man and can perform the Sonic Boom. Rufus wished he was half as American as Guile.

Guile_animated_movie.png

Only character more American than Guile is Captain America.

Mr. Fix

I just noticed your avatar is a fan made picture of what Vergil would look like if he was in DmC. I actually liked that rendition of him, I mean all things considering and the direction they are taking the series.
Shhh, 'tis a secret! Of course you'd know what it is. I can't remember where I got it exactly. Also, I agree, if this is the style direction they're going with, I expect nothing less from DmC Vergil; should he appear at all.

As for Captivate, just gimme dat RE6 news. I'm not even expecting mahvel news. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Bad ass, has an American flag tatoo, godlike haircut, rock hard abs and biceps, served in the armed forces, is a family man and can perform the Sonic Boom. Rufus wished he was half as American as Guile.

Guile_animated_movie.png

Truth.

Also, both actual 'murican stereotypes have godlike theme songs. Rufus does not.

Guile_animated_movie.png

Guile = Americian dream

Rufus = Americian reality

Rufus is the American stereotype among the non-Americans.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb, please. I respect you deeply, but you gotta be joking. DmC Dante >>>>>>>>> Rufus. Streets ahead. Streets.

Besides, Rufus is an abomination. Represents everything that is horrible in fighting games based around huge meatbags jumping on your face safely for huge combos, having high health AND high damage AND high mobility. Pure and utter bullshit :p

People still want Ken in this game ?! lol

If it was up to me I would take Ryu out as well, one shoto is more than enough for this series, also take Chun Li out and put Cammy in.

Edit: oh yeah and FUCK rufus, dude is uncontested in holding the crown for biggest shitbag in street fighter history, and fuck who ever at capcom who makes sure he keeps coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom