• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone got a timestamp on the MarlinPie tech? I didn't see anything too crazy the first time I watched that video.

Breatoal: "Breaking the assist limit"

My word...

Edit: Beaten... Damnit *snake voice*

Too bad I can't do something like that with any characters I use, like Frank or Sentinel, because I would be using Joe's Bomb assist from then on.
Anyone got a timestamp on the MarlinPie tech? I didn't see anything too crazy the first time I watched that video.

I think it was the airdash into throw from being pushblocked? Other than that, I didn't see anything too fancy.

Tobe

dammit tobe why you ignore my messages! we gotta play.

i thought you were saying it just to make me feel bad :lol. i got some homework, ill do it while i watch the BRZ|ILUJOE, after that we can play if you want.
also i have holidays from thursday till monday, so we can grind it out all weekend.

we can grind it out all weekend.

7waq1.gif

Dahbomb

LOL @ the previous page of people hyped over the guard break tech.

That shit is mad lame and needs to get patched asap. I don't care if it's MarlinPie doing it, 300% kills is the only thing keeping Marvel 3 sane right now. Although Firebrand has that shit by design so who knows.

kirblar

LOL @ the previous page of people hyped over the guard break tech.

That shit is mad lame and needs to get patched asap. I don't care if it's MarlinPie doing it, 300% kills is the only thing keeping Marvel 3 sane right now. Although Firebrand has that shit by design so who knows.
I avoided broaching the patch subject since I got blown up for suggesting the X-Factor TAC trick vs Phoenix should probably be patched. This definitely needs to go though.

Dahbomb

When did you get blown up for suggesting patching the XF TAC trick? I am 100% supporting the idea that this trick along with the guard break should be patched. It is way more exploitable than any infinite. The XF TAC trick should be changed just so that Phoenix is playable at high level, the only reason Phoenix is even viable in tournaments is because people aren't using this tech as much as they should.

I am 50/50 on the Joe bomb trick. It's a bit too situational to be that powerful and it's really the only good use that assist even has. I say let it stay for now and see how things go with it.

Are there any other glitches/tricks in the game you guys feel should probably be removed/changed? Of course I think everyone agrees about hypers randomly crossing up.

Also:

17718892.jpg

Found this one by accident:

12440390.jpg

http://memegenerator.net/Umvc3-Zero/images/new <-- More Zero memes

Hsien Ko edition:

17361174.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
When did you get blown up for suggesting patching the XF TAC trick? I am 100% supporting the idea that this trick along with the guard break should be patched. It is way more exploitable than any infinite. The XF TAC trick should be changed just so that Phoenix is playable at high level, the only reason Phoenix is even viable in tournaments is because people aren't using this tech as much as they should.

TAC glitch is fine. It's not even like it's the end-all for Phoenix. You still need to kill off 2 characters and touch Phoenix while preserving your xfactor and at least 2 characters. Not the easiest thing to do in this game.

Azure J

"X isn't in?

Kill you all while posing as him"

or

"You laughed about Megaman series dying?

I laugh as you lay there dying."

TAC glitch is fine. It's not even like it's the end-all for Phoenix. You still need to kill off 2 characters and touch Phoenix while preserving your xfactor and at least 2 characters. Not the easiest thing to do in this game.

They can use this when ever Phoenix is on a team period. Snapping her in early while chipping to force her to XF would also make it easy for the TAC glitch to work perfectly as well since it would cripple her team. Even if the Phoenix team manage to get the 5 bars, Phoenix has to get hit 3 times when she dies in about 5 to 6 combo hits depending on who is hitting her.
Now more advance Phoenix users are gonna do what Viscant was saying on SRK, let her get hit by stray attacks. But even then it still not helpful since some characters could still just get around the transformation burst and still kill her. You think that it isn't a end all still? Whether on ground, air, or mid-TAC exchange glitch, Phoenix has no place to transform. Which would be fine to the masses who hate dealing with her, but it leaves her unbalanced in the game which would make her usless. No other character deals with the severity of the glitch as much as Phoenix does.
Besides, tt also goes against the rule of one exchange per character. Not two or three, just one. XF shouldn't be allowed to change a mech rule, no matter how small.

Dahbomb

The one that you made aren't showing as images but I got the jokes.

This one was my favorite:

"You laughed about Megaman series dying?

I laugh as you lay there dying."

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They can use this when ever Phoenix is on a team period. Snapping her in early while chipping to force her to XF would also make it easy for the TAC glitch to work perfectly as well since it would cripple her team.

I really don't think it's possible for Phoenix to get chipped out to the point of forcing xfactor unless the player attempting to chip used xfactor themselves.

Now more advance Phoenix users are gonna do what Viscant was saying on SRK, let her get hit by stray attacks. But even then it still not helpful since some characters could still just get around the transformation burst and still kill her. You think that it isn't a end all still? Whether on ground, air, or mid-TAC exchange glitch, Phoenix has no place to transform.

If you are talking about the characters with Anti-Air grabs that catch Phoenix immediately after transforming, there's only 4 or so characters that can do that. Not a universal tactic that people could use with the TAC glitch.

I really don't think it's possible for Phoenix to get chipped out to the point of forcing xfactor unless the player attempting to chip used xfactor themselves.

If you are talking about the characters with Anti-Air grabs that catch Phoenix immediately after transforming, there's only 4 or so characters that can do that. Not a universal tactic that people could use with the TAC glitch.

Have you faced a team full of chippers? Dorm, Storm, Sent? not fun at all when DHC is used...More then enough to force Phoenix to use XF early if she were to get tagged during a snap in which is most of the time given only there are only a handful of Phoenix players that know what to do instead of panicing while trying to jump back.

Yeah sorry I don't think I should have brought that up since it isn't part of the TAC conversation. But you see my point right? With this little TAC glitch anyone could shut her up, when only a handful should be able to shut her up at any given time. Hell even
Hsien Ko can flat out shut her up with this. And that saying something.

Dahbomb

Hsien Ko is actually one of the biggest Phoenix killers in the game.

During Gold mode her TACs are uncounterable.

Guess who else can abuse the TAC in this manner?

17358361.jpg

Hsien Ko is actually one of the biggest Phoenix killers in the game.

During Gold mode her TACs are uncounterable.

Guess who else can abuse the TAC in this manner?

17358361.jpg

Ah, I forgot about that one. I take back that last part then. Wait since when does anyone use her anyway?XD

Zero, you don't scare me with your green boobs XD
You tend to fly into my traps aaallllll daaaaaayyyyy lllllooooooong
No seriously every zero I have fough just flys right into a trap from either Trish or Phoenix. You think they'd expect it.

Dahbomb

Someone who is near their UMVC3 just check if Magneto can use his Gravitation/Attraction moves to get out of block stun. Guys up on SRK/Ski's twitter are talking about it and this is some potential godlike tech that will make Magneto into a guaranteed S tier character. Probably should check it with Storm too.

God's Beard where you at son? I would check it if I was anywhere close to my game right now.

USD

Someone who is near their UMVC3 just check if Magneto can use his Gravitation/Attraction moves to get out of block stun. Guys up on SRK/Ski's twitter are talking about it and this is some potential godlike tech that will make Magneto into a guaranteed S tier character. Probably should check it with Storm too.

Yeah, Frieda was showing it off earlier on his weekly show. It does work with Magneto, not with Storm however. People had been crediting Spinking with discovering it, but apparently Frieda was the one who told him about it, and had known about it for months.

http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914/b/313785976?t=37m13s

Dahbomb

I don't get why it works with Magneto and not with Storm, maybe it's the start up difference. Could be really bonkers with Storm as she has an invincible hyper means she would have a build in CC whenever she has a meter.

Japanese with the new tech yet again. America caught slacking. SMH

I am posting the link and info on SRK in the tier list thread.

mr. puppy

Banned

God's Beard where you at son? I would check it if I was anywhere close to my game right now.

wait so is this like an x-factor cancel?

if this is a stupid as it sounds, i'm going to have a really really hard time believing that Vergil/Dante/Magneto is not the best team in this game. Yes, better than Viper/Dante/Strider

Dahbomb

Yeah it sort of is but your options off of it are extremely limited (you can get a gravity move or you can spend meter and do some actual damage off of it). With the meter though this ability can win you matches if you have the reaction time and meter for it.

And in that team set up you would need Magneto one up the order so that he can either DHC into Vergil or Dante into a full combo after the guard cancel.

Magneto with this tech is "theoretically" in top 5. This makes it so that combined with his counter move he has some potent defensive tools which can turn the tide in a battle and not even most of the S tiers have something of this caliber (actually no one in the S tier has it).

USD

wait so is this like an x-factor cancel?

Yeah, it's similar to a guard cancel. Block &#8594; immediate cancel into Attraction/Repulsion/Gravitation &#8594; immediate cancel into Magnetic Tempest. In the video he using Attraction since you can basically do the motion for Attraction and Tempest at the same time. He shows off the above sequence with a DHC into Dante Devil Trigger to punish Vergil Helm Breaker, which normally would be unpunishable.

mr. puppy

Banned
ohhh okay that makes sense, you need to dhc to do some damage then. this really just makes it seem like you have to be more careful vs. magneto with your normals more than anything else i guess?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't get why it works with Magneto and not with Storm, maybe it's the start up difference. Could be really bonkers with Storm as she has an invincible hyper means she would have a build in CC whenever she has a meter.

Because Storm's is done with S.

I don't know

Azure J

Holy shit, and I thought the hot shit was TK'd Gravitation after Launcher...

LOL Magneto guard cancel DHC into Zero Sogenmu. This is some end game stuff right here.

I love this fucking game so much. No matter what happens, it only benefits Zero more in the end. :lol :lol

Dahbomb

I would still say this tech is more against Zero. He will most likely never be after Magneto in team placements. What makes Zero so good is his general safety especially his Buster. Magneto just has to wait for Zero to release Buster at a close enough range and then initiate the trick.

Azure J

Jesus this Magnus tech is some scary shit. My B team isn't optimized for it but in the situations where Magneto is there with Dante in the back, there's a lot of easy mileage to be had.

Guard Cancel Attraction -> Magnetic Shockwave -> DHC Devil Trigger -> Teleport -> Dante nonsense is soooooo fucking cool.

smurfx

get some go again
off topic: yesterday i was playing half life 2 again and holy shit is the boat chase part of the game long! i forgot how long it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom