• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Wesker for dumbest level 1 Hyper? I think so.
Yeeeeaaasss.

not really, too many of zero's normals are multiple hits
No I meant after Buster. Trying to cross counter or even XF cancel Zero's normals is risky as he can let that Buster go and beat out pretty much everything you are likely to throw out.

Zero's response to Magneto's new tech:

17775564.jpg

OMG I am stitches:

17759525.jpg

DMC1 edition (also got a good laugh from me):

17757028.jpg

Azure J

You know, I love learning little things that no one makes big deals over. Remember how we were talking about Dante's Helm Breaker being cancellable with a Dash or hyper? Did you know it can also be Bold Cancelled?

I am abusing the FUCK out of this and it's already making me crack a smile with how awesomely good it is. :lol

Meanwhile, shout outs to Dah posting the two of those images I did back to back (Tron & DMC1). :lol

cednym

Banned
Only a few days ago, the last sentence of his profile said something along the lines of "last worked on UMvC3." He recently changed it to "working on something new."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nitsuma currently working on the next "adjustment"?

yay.jpg

yays.jpg

Get hyped?
Don't you fucking play with my heart Dahbomb.

It probably translates to "working on next project," as in that's what he's doing and what he's put as his little bio.

Sigmaah

MvC3 has the best intros ever, omfg they're so hype!

I wish Ultimate had an intro like Vanilla instead of the barely moving intro...

USD

It's his Twitter profile.

It could be there since before MVC3 -- I don't know. Also, I think it says "next work", not "next adjustment".
It probably translates to "working on next project," as in that's what he's doing and what he's put as his little bio.

Yeah, you really shouldn't be going by Google Translate and such for information.

Niitsuma working on something new, Marvel or not, is good in my books. I like his games, he just needs to bring his top tier under control :p It's gotten more manageable each time he's had a swing at it though.

*crosses fingers for TvMvC or SJvC*

If they do revise this again, please don't phantom nerf the A tier. It's pretty much perfect as is. B+C and adjustment of the A+ is fine by me. I'm really happy with this game's balance though.

I'm just glad that Zero and Wesker are not as bad as Phoenix. I could honestly live this with this game for a few years if they just announced an 8 character DLC update with extra modes and no balance changes.

Wesker can be counterpicked and Zero's true potential won't be abused by many since it requires some semblance of execution. UMvC3 is a decent fighter in my book.

Bizazedo

I'd feel more guilty about using Zero if he wasn't so fun to play as.

That being said, Nova is even more fun to play with ;).

Azure J

Please tell me you guys are watching the Break stream right now. Quotes and MarlinPie are doing running commentary on their match and holy shit it's the funniest damn thing ever. EMP Black MarlinPie rises. :lol

DR2K

Banned
I'm just glad that Zero and Wesker are not as bad as Phoenix. I could honestly live this with this game for a few years if they just announced an 8 character DLC update with extra modes and no balance changes.

Wesker can be counterpicked and Zero's true potential won't be abused by many since it requires some semblance of execution. UMvC3 is a decent fighter in my book.

Phoenix has counter picks.

smurfx

get some go again
out of words right now, well i do have something to say about it, FUCK haggar.
you leave the mayor out of this! although i never thought i would ever be able to win the way i did. would you say my hawkeye has improved? i feel a little more comfortable with him but i still don't have confidence when i get pressured with him.

smurfx

get some go again
i'll lose respect for combofiend is he uses any of the trench coats. although spencer isn't the problem with his team.

Azure J

Combofiend without Spencer just sounds wrong. It was bad enough when Task and She Hulk got the boot, what could this be all about?

At the same time though, I'm sorta hyped since that guy can fucking play. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
he should drop hawkeye for taskmaster. task is a better character and the only thing hawk does better is zoning. even then you can get around it if you are patient.

Tirael

I would be very disappointed if Combofiend dropped Spencer. The other two slots I'm fine with him changing, but he's just so good with Spencer and he's really become known for coming back with him.

That said, Hawkeye on anchor can be quite terrifying if played right. But you guys are right, Taskmaster would be a real solid choice as well, though he should probably consider running Spencer on Anchor if that happens. Even if not, that arrow assist that Task has helps out any team, so I guess it could be done either way.

Mr. Fix

Guys remember when She-Hulk had her airdash? ;-; Hopefully we'll get some good OGodDamn moments with Combofiend's new pick.

Also Kami, your avatar teases my soul.

Tirael

Also Kami, your avatar teases my soul.

I try not to shove it down people's throats, but I feel I must show my support in any way I can. Don't say too much about it, or you'll expedite the process to the next stage of the MahvelGAF cycle: Roster wishing.

GGs Panda. I still keep forgetting what to do after a knockdown with Hawkeye. I like using Chris too, but damn if I can ever get a hit in with him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you're midscreen use the H command jump then what ever arrow. In the corner backdash then L command jump. Whether you need the backdash depends on the direction you used for the superjump after the launch.

post the score after you are done.

Lol. Kind of not fair since he's using a new team though.

shaowebb

Guh...I give up. I've been pounding the internet for Captivate 2012 leaks and All i've got is some pics alluding to a new game announced, some journalist photographing a soldier in a trailer (no pics. just tweeted about it), a dude with RE6 swag in his free stuff, a message from Ono about his team being there or something, Inafune leaking last month in an interview hes doing something with vita involved, and a bunch of people reposting a troll's fakes of Captivate that are half this years stuff and half 2009.

That last son of a bitch had me confused with all the MVC2 crap. I give up. Sorry gaf...I haven't found any Marvel news to speak of yet. Only thing fighter I do know is what everyone knew and thats the april 10th SFxT patch announcement.

How are there no real leaks yet? This is Capcom...

Dahbomb

There were no leaks last year either. Just wait until the embargo ends.

I don't think there is any Marvel news. I am not expecting it either. My only concern at Captivate is DmC.

That said, Hawkeye on anchor can be quite terrifying if played right. But you guys are right, Taskmaster would be a real solid choice as well, though he should probably consider running Spencer on Anchor if that happens. Even if not, that arrow assist that Task has helps out any team, so I guess it could be done either way.

I don't see how Combofiend gains much from replacing Hawkeye with Task, with Task in the middle he'll have more options for DHCing out his first character safely, but Task's arrow assist is definitely not as good as Hawkeye's assist for Nova and Spencer. And then he'll have to play Spencer as anchor which is suboptimal because Spencer is a better point character in UMvC3. I kind of think Nova is his bigger problem, my feeling is that many have figured that character out and now increasingly he's looking like a poor man's She Hulk on jetpack.

Dahbomb

Combofiend dropping Spencer.

Richard dropping Dante.

Yipes dropping Magneto.

FChamp dropping Dormammu.

Viscant dropping Wesker.

WTF is going on?

What the hell, I didn't know Iron Man could hit confirm like that. @_@
Too bad those SJ height confirms are hard as fuck. Even Joker wasn't completing those combos. Theoretically IM has ridiculous abare and comboability from spaces most characters can't touch but it's all so hard that 99% of IM players are unable to capitalize off of stray hits. He doesn't have the hit stun or bounce moves like other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom