• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

My main from SSF4 is garbage in SFxTekken (Balrog). Thankfully my mains from Tekken are super good like Raven and Kazuya. j

Frantic

GGs Smurf and Frantic. Starting to feel my Nova is my strongest character. Unsure how I feel about that.
GGs. I don't understand how a character with such a simple gameplan could be so effective. It's annoying, need to figure out some way to stop that airdash j.H without risk of getting hit in the face or getting airthrown. My main plan against it right now is just j.M, but I have trouble hit confirming off it. Usually I'm out of range for the j.H.

Still hate full screen buster hit confirms. I want to know why Buster is five frames. Some characters don't even have a five frame move, let alone a full screen projectile that causes a soft knockdown and has a great angle.[/salt]
[/ignores fact Formation B is 2 frames startup.]

GGs to Sasa, too. I still don't know how to hit Spider-Man, and I tried to escape UWT resets but alas... unless I had Devil Trigger, there was no way I was getting out of it. Also need to work on my Strider hitconfirms off Rapid Slash. Dropped a lot of potential combos there.

GGs to Sasa, too. I still don't know how to hit Spider-Man, and I tried to escape UWT resets but alas... unless I had Devil Trigger, there was no way I was getting out of it. Also need to work on my Strider hitconfirms off Rapid Slash. Dropped a lot of potential combos there.

GG's man. For UWT setups, Dante can double jump out of them or Psycho Crusher if he's DT'd. The TAC one I do with Hawkeye is a lot harder to get out of for him, though since there's much less input time to do it.

Otherwise, you have 2 main options:

1) Hope I didn't deteriorate hitstun enough, don't tech and hope you touch the ground.

2) Hold forward and use a quick/long normal to smack me (your best option IMO -- only doesn't work if I space it at max distance with my OTG assist and s. M, which is easier said than done 100%)

The TAC setup is much closer to airtight than the assist one just because you have fewer frames to get out of it, and the Super Scatter Shot covers most of the recovery should I miss, too.

It's hard to hit him but you can abuse the massive hitboxes of Vergil against him or the super fast, sharp ones of Strider. It's hard for him to do much against those without taking a risk, even if it's just calling Hawkeye.

Frantic

2) Hold forward and use a quick/long normal to smack me (your best option IMO -- only doesn't work if I space it at max distance with my OTG assist and s. M, which is easier said than done 100%)
I was trying that, but I never seemed to get a hit. Probably using the wrong normals... I'll have to remember Dante can double jump out of it though.

The TAC setup is much closer to airtight than the assist one just because you have fewer frames to get out of it, and the Super Scatter Shot covers most of the recovery should I miss, too.
Yeah, there was one point where you did the TAC reset, and I had Devil Trigger with Dante, did a Vortex... only to run out the moment I hit S and get a Helm Breaker. Was a sad moment for me, because I'm pretty sure Vortex would have won that, lol.

It's hard to hit him but you can abuse the massive hitboxes of Vergil against him or the super fast, sharp ones of Strider. It's hard for him to do much against those without taking a risk, even if it's just calling Hawkeye.
Yeah, Strider was the easiest character to get a hit with, which is why I started him on point most of the matches. It's mainly because he's up there with Spider-Man in the "hard as hell to hit" category. Helps that he has a lot of good buttons and one of the best airthrow ranges.

I also need to learn to use Twister and Jam Session with Dante in the neutral more. Both would probably help in the Spider-Man matchup.

Jintor

I'm trying to learn Tekken cos I have to write something on it soon but all dat Mahvel keeps getting in the way. Man.

Dahbomb

I think I threw him out of this a few times lol.
How can you throw Vergil out of Helm Breaker? It's an OS with his air throw if you do d/f or d/b + H. It's also 0 frame on block so you can't punish grab him either unless maybe you chicken block into grab.

QUICK SOMEONE CHECK ZERO AND WESKER!

LakeEarth

You dont need Frank.

Just run Spencer/Doom/Wesker

:)

That's what I hate about this game. Doom beam helps Wesker and Wesker's OTG does nothing for Doom (except for the ability for unblockables), but because of X-factor, it makes more sense to put Wesker in the back.

Grecco

That's what I hate about this game. Doom beam helps Wesker and Wesker's OTG does nothing for Doom (except for the ability for unblockables), but because of X-factor, it makes more sense to put Wesker in the back.

In that team you dont use Dooms plasma beam. You use Hidden missiles, and both are really there to help Spencer. With both assists you can do 1.2 million combos with one bar with spencer.

smurfx

get some go again
In that team you dont use Dooms plasma beam. You use Hidden missiles, and both are really there to help Spencer. With both assists you can do 1.2 million combos with one bar with spencer.
which is fucking bullshit. why his wire grapples ignore hit stun i'll never know. plus add the unscaled damage the up grapple has and it becomes retarded.

Dahbomb

which is fucking bullshit. why his wire grapples ignore hit stun i'll never know. plus add the unscaled damage the up grapple has and it becomes retarded.
Old as hell. The follow up after Bionic Maneuvers is new but his damage has always been ridiculous.

At least Capcom had the decency to fix Spider Man's Web Throw. Oh boy if UMVC3 Spider Man had Vanilla Web Throw, that would've been some shit. Untouchable character who basically can ignore zoning with some unreactable mix ups has meterless TODs on pretty much the entire cast with choice assists.

I am 90% sure that the next actual balance patch (if it ever comes) will remove this UWG nonsense once and for all. It's 100% an unintended feature otherwise they wouldn't change Spider Man's.

Bizazedo

How can you throw Vergil out of Helm Breaker? It's an OS with his air throw if you do d/f or d/b + H. It's also 0 frame on block so you can't punish grab him either unless maybe you chicken block into grab.

QUICK SOMEONE CHECK ZERO AND WESKER!

Nova is incredible.

Serious answer, it was probably Dante I was grabbing. Frantic runs both. But, the main reason Nova works for me is his insane air dash speed and throw range.

Frantic

Nova just out of Vergil's airthrow range, get thrown during startup of Helm Breaker.

It happens, and that's why I don't try to OS Nova, because if I'm just out of range, I'll just get airthrown for my troubles. Only character it really works for is Strider, because Strider actually has a better airthrow range than Nova, and if he's out of range, j.H is usually fast enough he'll usually clip Nova before Nova grabs him. Usually.

Then again, it might be because I'm a fraud and suck at airthrows that aren't Strider's.

LakeEarth

Yeah, but beam is so much more useful for both Spencer and Wesker. Hidden Missiles is a great assist, and I'm sure they can be put to good use.

The Hidden Missiles OTG doesn't work on some character, I think based on height.

DR2K

Banned
My main from SSF4 is garbage in SFxTekken (Balrog). Thankfully my mains from Tekken are super good like Raven and Kazuya. j

Especially now that everyone can jab jab jab until the clock runs out. He's lost all his uniqueness.

Bizazedo

Nova just out of Vergil's airthrow range, get thrown during startup of Helm Breaker.

It happens, and that's why I don't try to OS Nova, because if I'm just out of range, I'll just get airthrown for my troubles. Only character it really works for is Strider, because Strider actually has a better airthrow range than Nova, and if he's out of range, j.H is usually fast enough he'll usually clip Nova before Nova grabs him. Usually.

Then again, it might be because I'm a fraud and suck at airthrows that aren't Strider's.

Yes, that was a very rude shock when you started to airthrow my Nova with Strider. It's kind of like when Zero loses in priority, it's a huge "?????!!!" when it happens.

But the Sparda brothers? I know I've tossed both of them with Nova.

Frantic

Yes, that was a very rude shock when you started to airthrow my Nova with Strider. It's kind of like when Zero loses in priority, it's a huge "?????!!!" when it happens.
I had thought Nova's teleporting airthrows were crazy, but there were a few times when I airthrew you with Strider and I wasn't even anywhere close to you. Some real Ninja Airthrows.

Azure J

I had thought Nova's teleporting airthrows were crazy, but there were a few times when I airthrew you with Strider and I wasn't even anywhere close to you. Some real Ninja Airthrows.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Strider is Felicia tier for deceptively huge grab area/high priority grab at times.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey look it's 2/3 of Sasa's team

316px-Avenging_Spider-Man_Vol_1_4_Textless.jpg

vg260

So they fixed the costume exploit, making us download a patch. They couldnt just give Mageto an extra color in the patch? Would it really have made it much bigger or been that much more effort?

So they fixed the costume exploit, making us download a patch. They couldnt just give Mageto an extra color in the patch? Would it really have made it much bigger or been that much more effort?

You saved my save, now i will play Marvel offline, i need dat Magnus costume.

Gotta protect the bottom line man, can't give you any of that shit for free.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I have that issues. I played the games with my friends, and my friend grabbed me out of no where with nova. even I was not even close to his Nova. I hope that they fix that soon as possible.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Should have a troll face for good measure.

I remember getting air grabbed like 3 times in a row by Ultimoo in that Slobber-knocker grudge match. Even though I was sure I had a Thor elbow in his face.

smurfx

get some go again
Should have a troll face for good measure.

I remember getting air grabbed like 3 times in a row by Ultimoo in that Slobber-knocker grudge match. Even though I was sure I had a Thor elbow in his face.
i don't remember if nova has done it but the funniest thing is getting air thrown out of haggars air pipe. it looks as if haggar just crushed the character in his face but i get thrown instead.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just wanted to make a Hawkeye based team. Out of the characters I used already, Wesker happened to fit with Vajra. I kept Hawkeye first because I really just want to zone, Wesker is a backup plan whether Hawkeye or Hawkeye+Vajra dies. Also it gives Wesker level 2 xfactor which I think can pretty much kill anyone off if I need it. Level 1 is just not as good.

The only thing that sucks is that if I ever dhc from Hawkeye to Wesker I need to have 3 meters or less or else I get Chris G'd.

Azure J

Just finished playing a long set again. Some things of note:

- Oh my God, I had no idea Wesker was as bad as he was. I mean, I know DAAAK WESKAAA and all, but Jesus fuck this character is infuriating to me. Dumbass levels of damage off his magic series, dat gunshot, and health out the ass.

Of course you know my brother picked him up. Wesker/Zero/Vergil is just soul crushing to deal with at this point.

- I am thoroughly convinced even at our scrub level of play that Vergil is a character designed to end comebacks. Also, for everyone hating on his H moves, his launcher is far far worse. When I'm getting anti air'd and full comboed and look at someone's face and see "I don't know if this is fraudulent or not but I'mma keep mashing it out!" in their eyes, something's is definitely up. :lol

- I fucked around with some different characters to compliment Dante/Ammy (my personal favorite BFF pair):

Trish is kinda interesting in that she's fun and I can set up so much dirty shit before someone notices, especially if they like to jump around a lot, but on point, I doubt I could do much more that tridash poking and zoning with low voltage shots.

Dormammu gets so bodied, it's just sad to watch. I think I'll visit him later on when I master one of my concept teams.

Somehow, I managed to get even more fraudulent with Spencer when I was actually learning shit with him a while back. Not going to venture any further with regards to him.

Tron. She's supposed to be bad and everything, but why do I have such a strong desire to play her? Holy shit, when you get to know how she moves she's fun. I can only imagine how much fun she was back in Vanilla.

- Why does it feel like I can't learn anyone beyond Dante and Amaterasu?

- I think I need a fight stick. Too many occasions where I'm mounting a comeback and everything goes to shit because of executional errors. Anyone have any recommendations? Especially of the dual modded variety?

Onemic

Old as hell. The follow up after Bionic Maneuvers is new but his damage has always been ridiculous.

At least Capcom had the decency to fix Spider Man's Web Throw. Oh boy if UMVC3 Spider Man had Vanilla Web Throw, that would've been some shit. Untouchable character who basically can ignore zoning with some unreactable mix ups has meterless TODs on pretty much the entire cast with choice assists.

I am 90% sure that the next actual balance patch (if it ever comes) will remove this UWG nonsense once and for all. It's 100% an unintended feature otherwise they wouldn't change Spider Man's.

Is spiderman still a good character after the nerf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom