• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

dumb question- the guide says air normals are "overhead," does that mean they're unblockable when the enemy is ducking+blocking? Tried to set it up in training, but all the block settings (except "low only") block it. Just wondering if "overhead" is different from "unblockable overhead" somehow.

also is UMVC3X real?

well i dont remember training mode very well but i think it doesnt have a feature where the dummy only blocks high, but i really cant remember.

and yes air normal aka a high/overhead must be block standing. thats why you see ppl getting hit by magnus all day, because they are blocking low.

down+back=crouch block, it block lows and mids
back= standing block, it block highs/overheads and mids.
up+back= chicken block, negates the high or low mixup tho you are still open to left right mixups.

mvc2= high or low mixups
mvc3= left or right mixups

smurfx

get some go again
wouldn't shonen vs capcom basically be a japan only game? there are many licenses already bought in the u.s.

i cant find the thread of these rumored leaks, GB where did you read it?

damn JOJO HD would be godlike, gotta get my DIO ON!!!!

XBLA thread

I'm the best Dio, Mariah, Midler and Khan player on GAF. Rotanibor is the best Hol Horse and Vanilla Ice. You need to pick a new character >_<

Azure J

Since my dream has ended, I've gathered and abbreviated some of my notes on systems so you guys can see what kind of game in general I wanted to make:

*stuff*

Man you have some extremely good shit here. Crazy though that your unworkable mechanic is something I was playing with for a wholly different game idea I had. It's also kinda funny reading, this, one of the reasons I got so big into Marvel was because I wanted to understand fighting game design and having this with everything else out has really helped a lot.

Why would you be pissed that Capcom is making Shounen Jump vs Capcom? Isn't that your dream game?

X should be a beam/projectile assist character. Magneto is the best pick, followed by Iron Man/Doom/Hawkeye/Taskmaster. Dante, Trish and a few other characters also have usable projectile assists for teleport mix ups.

Same thing for Vergil and after seeing Yipes play I have discovered more reset technology with Vergil including completely ambiguous mix ups utilizing his Teleport H.

The basic Vergil in coming mix up: Throw Round Trip -> Blocked Round Trip -> Teleport of choice (opponent has to guess which side I teleported on) -> Dash under st.H/st.S (again a guess has to be a made, these moves also have disjointed hit boxes meaning they are ambiguous even if you guess which side Vergil is actually on) -> Blocked attack into assist + teleport mix up (again they have to guess on the teleport) -> Blocked assist -> Throw another Round Trip into another teleport mix up -> Round Trip blocked -> Rapid Slash/Judgment Cut 50/50 guess off of the block string -> Devil Trigger -> I can do either an assist + teleport here or Rapid Slash/JC mix up.

The resets that I have from Vergil are more stupid than this. I just recently discovered some resets off of his cr.H. Beautiful.

I really need to improve my incoming mixups with Vergil. Right now it's basically Round Trip teleport stuff(which still manages to be a step up from most Vergils I see...). Sometimes I throw Jam Session + Teleport in there if I have it, but I don't really have assists that benefit Vergil's teleport mixups.

Really, in a lot of ways I'm a fraud Vergil since I don't have a proper team for him... but at the same time, he does have s.H, SS, and Round Trip...

I will never understand how I have no understanding of how to do anything but the barest minimum with Vergil while I can do so much and so quickly with the more technical Dante. I definitely want to get better with Verg, although I must admit, reading Dah's post made me rage a little on the inside thinking about how many times I've gotten hit out of something I put effort into with his s.S. That shit is like the most easy mode anti-air ever. :lol

If I can put Gohan and Ichigo on the same team... everything is over.

<3 me some cheesy shounen animu.

Man, if I ever get a game that lets me pick between a decent Capcom roster and stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, Dragonball, or Kenshin, I don't think I'd ever stop playing it. You think team trenchcoat is hot shit? Kenshin/Saito/Shishio while alternating Sanosuke and Sojiro from time to time is the stuff of legend.

well i dont remember training mode very well but i think it doesnt have a feature where the dummy only blocks high, but i really cant remember.

and yes air normal aka a high/overhead must be block standing. thats why you see ppl getting hit by magnus all day, because they are blocking low.

down+back=crouch block, it block lows and mids
back= standing block, it block highs/overheads and mids.
up+back= chicken block, negates the high or low mixup tho you are still open to left right mixups.

mvc2= high or low mixups
mvc3= left or right mixups

thanks! I knew I wasn't going crazy. There is no option to block high, so that must be it.

GatorBait

Vergil Rapid Slash, Wesker Samurai, Strider on Vajra. Several resets with solid space control because of chunky normals + Vajra.

DahBomb is right though in that Magneto would be the best for that shell though. They both get a lot off EMD and Magneto is a pretty ridiculous anchor when he runs wild.

This has to be fate because I was just listening to some DBZ SSJ theme music.

I am sorry to hear God's Beard that you may not get to live out your dream.

Yeah Doom's beam extends Weskers combos. So does Rapid Slash. You want Gun shot and Rapid Slash for the assists for sure.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I assumed the above assists would be what you'd recommend, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything since I am not as knowledgeable a player as either of you.

smurfx

get some go again
holy fuck is wolverines air throw range ridiculous. its probably just as good as novas or even better. don't know how i'm grabbed half the damn time.

Degen

There's a version 1.03 now? Holy hell

edit: ^ oh

edit edit: well, I see Ranked play has improved 0%, even after all the stream monstering

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok, if I use both Wesker's wallbounce and Strider's Vajra assist I can get about 670k damage without the unscaled poison damage. With the poison damage it's 940k in total since I get 3 poison arrows in.

Thing is that the timing is strict as hell, I've only been able to hit it once. And it does cost 2 meters for 2 Gimlets.

Not practical, but I feel I have more synergy with this team than I did before now.

edit- hit it again and got 680k off it

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Cool .

So the Wesker wall bounce assist let's Hawkeye get 2 poison arrows in. So overtime my Hawkeye bnb does 700k-740k. Only problem is that it's hard to do mid screen.
My most-damaging Hawkeye combo:

1) Hawkeye's forward throw
2) tag in Felicia and continue combo with Toy Touch

Derp.

If they were able to get through trick licensing issues with TvC I'm sure they could do it with this.

And if not they'll just leave dudes out.
The funny thing about TvC's licensing minefield is that it turned out to be not-so-bad precisely because most of said licenses weren't that popular in the west and thus could be acquired for cheap. I doubt Jump would be as easy to do in this regard.

DR2K

Banned
Finally hit 6th lord. Never touching this mode again. Win 10 in a row gain a little bar, lose 1 and lose what you gained. Stupid ass ranking system.

smurfx

get some go again
new rule for ranked! no more playing killasasa. i'm competing with him to get to cosmic lord and we always end up going about 50/50 in ranked.

smurfx

get some go again
you mean it isn't enough to be a former cosmic lord???

(little-known fact.)
high lord doesn't let you play any levels above it. or at the very least its very rare that you get a master lord but i've yet to play anybody else above that. although it may just be that those guys aren't playing but i doubt it. also bizazedo told me today that a ft20 isn't good enough for him. come on man that is an insane amount of games and i could not image going above that. i don't have it in me to go that long. :( one really good thing i learned today is that hawkeyes triple arrow assist totally negates a fully charged buster. i know i should be testing this crap in training mode but i'm freaking lazy.

Frantic

also bizazedo told me today that a ft20 isn't good enough for him. come on man that is an insane amount of games and i could not image going above that. i don't have it in me to go that long. :(
Well, Biz and I once went 114 games in a single set, so... FT20 just ain't enough. :p

Finally hit 6th lord. Never touching this mode again. Win 10 in a row gain a little bar, lose 1 and lose what you gained. Stupid ass ranking system.
Imagine doing this in Vanilla Mahvel with Hsien-Ko on your team until fourth lord(I think that was my rank).

Now I know why I went insane back then. :p

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
A random? I set it to all private slots. Maybe that changes after the host leaves.

Uh, I remember picking the wrong Akuma assist and losing pretty badly. The I picked the right Akuma assist and lost way worse.

Also the PSN chat blocks "akuma" because it has "kum" in the middle. How lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom