• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
high lord doesn't let you play any levels above it. or at the very least its very rare that you get a master lord but i've yet to play anybody else above that. although it may just be that those guys aren't playing but i doubt it. also bizazedo told me today that a ft20 isn't good enough for him. come on man that is an insane amount of games and i could not image going above that. i don't have it in me to go that long. :( one really good thing i learned today is that hawkeyes triple arrow assist totally negates a fully charged buster. i know i should be testing this crap in training mode but i'm freaking lazy.

A ft20? Could this be a grudge match?? Someone stream that shit.

Didn't know triple arrow could do that. But buster is so damn fast it'll be hard to beat it out.

smurfx

get some go again
A ft20? Could this be a grudge match?? Someone stream that shit.

Didn't know triple arrow could do that. But buster is so damn fast it'll be hard to beat it out.
its not a grudge match since that is usually how many games we play. its usually the maximum i go against anybody here. yeah buster comes out fast but at the very least you can call it it when zero is trying to zone you out and you can either catch him or negate the buster if he throws it out while grounded.

Dahbomb

What's the highest meter gain off of a combo using a single assist is in the game?

Where my Dante/Zero fans at?

Actually that might go to Morrigan with Hidden Missiles using Soul Drain combos.

Infinite meter with viewtiful joe bomb assist.

Man you have some extremely good shit here. Crazy though that your unworkable mechanic is something I was playing with for a wholly different game idea I had. It's also kinda funny reading, this, one of the reasons I got so big into Marvel was because I wanted to understand fighting game design and having this with everything else out has really helped a lot.
Are you a designer?

Bizazedo

Haha..:). Yeah, when I do a long set, Smurf, I like going long and trying everything I can. I want to play you for practice, not for wins or losses. S'why I played Frantic 114 games and Killa Sasa and I went 84 or 94.

I just want to keep playing.

Like I ran into a guy with an excellent Dante / Frank West / Dormammu last night and we went 60 games.

holy fuck is wolverines air throw range ridiculous. its probably just as good as novas or even better. don't know how i'm grabbed half the damn time.
Throws in this game are kind of insane.
ammy did all the work
Gold pendulum was a big help and XF3 Morrigan brought the pain too. Ammy definitely helped though.
He was arguing in the Skullgirls thread. If you read it he came off like a total dick. I understand why he was banned.
I wouldn't call that arguing. He kinda went crazy. I've never seen him act like that before in these threads. Hell, I think he is on my friends list since we played a few matches.

Azure J

@GB: Designer in spirit. :p

I do a lot of concept stuff, but haven't had the things, time or attention span necessary to produce even the smallest of games from start to finish. I just need to get a better sense of time management and finish college before I start going all out with things.

Edit: Throws are kinda wild in this game. I wish if they were a 2 button input sometimes. *something + S maybe; assuming characters didn't have unique moves with that setup already*

Frantic

What's the highest meter gain off of a combo using a single assist is in the game?
Well, I know Dante can get a pretty easy 2.25 meters with just Drones using the Twister > Beehive loops. Might be able to get 2.5 if you throw in an Acid Rain or two in there, not sure.

Frank can also get a solo 2.25 meters in Level 5. I'm sure he could bump that up higher with the right assist.

mr. puppy

Banned
i'm having a lot of fun with Max's Deadpool/Dante/Strider team, I gotta figure out how exactly Deadpool works and wtf he does all the time. He's so goofy.

Dahbomb

Well, I know Dante can get a pretty easy 2.25 meters with just Drones using the Twister > Beehive loops. Might be able to get 2.5 if you throw in an Acid Rain or two in there, not sure.

Frank can also get a solo 2.25 meters in Level 5. I'm sure he could bump that up higher with the right assist.
Someone figured out a Vergil combo that builds 2.75 meters (and uses 2 of those meter) with just a single OTG assist, does over a million damage. It uses a new method of Round Trip combos. I will post the notation for it (copy/paste from SRK Vergil forum credit to Dark Sonic):

LMH6HS->sj.MMH2H (now in corner)->otg assist (I use X23's ankle slice)->*walk back a little*->round trip->(very slightly delayed) SH->judgement cut L->2H->6H (cross under)->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->2H->spiral swords->->lunar phase->*walk back a little*->round trip->SH->judgement cut L->2H-> delayed SH->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->2H->spiral swords->->lunar phase->*walk back a little*->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->Lunar phase.

This is Vergil's first true meter positive TOD combo in the game. All the rest of the million damaging combos he had were -10% on meter meaning you needed at least some bar starting to kill someone. This is THE BnB that any self respecting top Vergil player should be using.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Throws in this game are kind of insane.
This is honestly one of my favorite things about this game, no joke. I absolutely love one-button inputs, insane range, absurd option selects, and being able to get insane combos off of them. I just found out this week that I can actually forward throw with Hawkeye and raw tag in Felicia to continue the combo, getting past the damage scaling in the process. Happy days.

I was so elated when Capcom confirmed that the tech-anytime thing was a bug and not an intended feature.

Someone figured out a Vergil combo that builds 2.75 meters (and uses 2 of those meter) with just a single OTG assist, does over a million damage. It uses a new method of Round Trip combos. I will post the notation for it (copy/paste from SRK Vergil forum credit to Dark Sonic):

LMH6HS->sj.MMH2H (now in corner)->otg assist (I use X23's ankle slice)->*walk back a little*->round trip->(very slightly delayed) SH->judgement cut L->2H->6H (cross under)->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->2H->spiral swords->->lunar phase->*walk back a little*->round trip->SH->judgement cut L->2H-> delayed SH->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->2H->spiral swords->->lunar phase->*walk back a little*->round trip->2H->judgement cut L->Lunar phase.

This is Vergil's first true meter positive TOD combo in the game. All the rest of the million damaging combos he had were -10% on meter meaning you needed at least some bar starting to kill someone. This is THE BnB that any self respecting top Vergil player should be using.

Is there a video of this combo?

Dahbomb

No video yet but it will come soon. The guy just discovered it.

I did the math on the combo and with 20% meter starting Vergil can kill Thor by adding another Spiral Sword. 0_0

Solune

This doesn't work with Vergil has his back to the corner does it? Unless after the Helm Breaker you have enough time to add in Trick M and assist call..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is honestly one of my favorite things about this game, no joke. I absolutely love one-button inputs, insane range, absurd option selects, and being able to get insane combos off of them. I just found out this week that I can actually forward throw with Hawkeye and raw tag in Felicia to continue the combo, getting past the damage scaling in the process. Happy days.

I was so elated when Capcom confirmed that the tech-anytime thing was a bug and not an intended feature.
Yeah I love the fact that throws are so powerful and not just like SF throws in utility for some arbitrary reason. I understand the desire for an input change, but still, 80% off of a combo? Okay with me. This ain't SF, throws are perfectly Mahvel in Mahvel.

Dahbomb

This doesn't work with Vergil has his back to the corner does it? Unless after the Helm Breaker you have enough time to add in Trick M and assist call..
I am not sure, haven't tested it myself. If you are using Dante's Crystal OTG assist it might give you enough time to teleport while the assist is coming.

Someone just now had a mic in Ranked, and he was complaining that I beat him with Wesker.

Never mind the fact that my X-Factor was already gone and I teleported out of the way of his whiffed Million Dollars hyper, goodness no. That damn WESKER, what a menace. :lol

Dahbomb

It doesn't matter if you did something skillful with Wesker or they did something dumb... you are playing Wesker so you are the scrub that is tier whoring/character bandwagoning.

Wesker is the heel character of the game. I am sure Vergil is going to join him soon especially with the way SRK has been going at him lately.

Frantic

Someone just now had a mic in Ranked, and he was complaining that I beat him with Wesker.

Never mind the fact that my X-Factor was already gone and I teleported out of the way of his whiffed Million Dollars hyper, goodness no. That damn WESKER, what a menace. :lol
You can't complain about that, random dude. If you're whiffing Million Dollars, you deserve to be punished for it.

That reminds me though... I once had a guy complain about me using assists for mixups. Heaven forbid I use mechanics that are in the game!

Dahbomb said:
Wesker is the heel character of the game. I am sure Vergil is going to join him soon especially with the way SRK has been going at him lately.
Well, Vergil can be pretty simple/derp. I win more games than I care to admit just abusing s.H's range and speed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Play a real character like Iron Man you fucking scrub.

Tobe

something thats bugging me is that i cant combo with magnus online anymore, i need to use that online simulation option again ugh.

Tobe

I keep forgetting about his extended combos. Hell, I consider it a victory if I can remember standing H > QCF M.

internet-bro-fist1.jpg

i also forget about it, i just derp it with magic series

Grecco

DERPING WITH WESKER U SAY?

(I do it too) :(

Anyways. Is there video of that Magneto tech Frieda had? Was it on his show?

Azure J

It doesn't matter if you did something skillful with Wesker or they did something dumb... you are playing Wesker so you are the scrub that is tier whoring/character bandwagoning.

You can't complain about that, random dude. If you're whiffing Million Dollars, you deserve to be punished for it.

That reminds me though... I once had a guy complain about me using assists for mixups. Heaven forbid I use mechanics that are in the game!

Both of these posts are my brother in a nutshell. Apparently Dante shot loops need to be patched, Bold Cancel Teleports are "easy mode", Amaterasu's ground bounce off of glaive is stupid and Strider needs a speed nerf. He's also a member of the Morrigan is OP/nerf that ho club.

Best part? He plays Wesker, Zero, Dante (fraud as fuck), and Vergil after seeing them on streams. :lol

Frantic

Both of these posts are my brother in a nutshell. Apparently Dante shot loops need to be patched, Bold Cancel Teleports are "easy mode", Amaterasu's ground bounce off of glaive is stupid and Strider needs a speed nerf. He's also a member of the Morrigan is OP/nerf that ho club.

Best part? He plays Wesker, Zero, Dante (fraud as fuck), and Vergil after seeing them on streams. :lol
BYgXm.gif

Your brother is a terrible person.

Post sponsored by Purity.

I don't like that we can get so much damage post throw and the fact that they are so easy to mash out of. It builds bad habits for other games. :p
Yeah I love the fact that throws are so powerful and not just like SF throws in utility for some arbitrary reason. I understand the desire for an input change, but still, 80% off of a combo? Okay with me. This ain't SF, throws are perfectly Mahvel in Mahvel.
There is a middle ground. Throws are the least of this game's problems though.

-UI is ugly
-Needs moar Gene and good Capcom characters
-Nerf X-factor some more plz

I wouldn't even complain if they didn't touch throws in the end anyway.

I may try Wesker or Vergil again. I desperately want to find a 3rd slot character for my team.
These are some pretty sick themes.

Edit: I'd say some of these are actually improvements.

DR2K

Banned

That's because most people that use Wekser pick him because he's a handicap. Virgil to a slightly smaller extent, every move is a half screen 90 hit combo. Of course it's pretty easy to tell who actually plays those characters and who just uses them to "win".

Azure J

BYgXm.gif

Your brother is a terrible person.

Post sponsored by Purity.

It's genuinely amazing. For someone like me, half of the fun in playing video games is interacting with the other side and clowning around. When I play him, it's like the life just drains out of the room because he's obnoxious. Like almost at stark odds with my reserved self:

(You're doing good): "Ugh [Character X you're using] sucks, why does that exist? Shit needs a nerf/patch. *Long over dramatic exasperated sigh* [No, you aren't right if you point out what you did, its intricacies or whatever else. Also don't you dare suggest that he's wrong for doing this continually.]

(You're playing like ass): *Long sequence of match nonsense topped with a "I know I'm smug, deal with it." taunt* Yeahhh [X character I've band wagoned onto] is fucking godlike, hold that shit. *Runs immediately after getting with his win(s)*

It's quite an interesting training regimen for myself. When I can consistently play him without losing track of what makes this fun for me and properly say GGs afterward, I feel like I'll have reached zen with myself. :lol

Also, FUCK TACs. :lol

Real talk, I just need to stop bitching and just play. I just hate it when I see what to do and things fall into place but then I fail to deal with that one thing in any intelligent way and lose out overall. It's like all the effort is for nothing and it rubs me the wrong way. :p

I may try Wesker or Vergil again. I desperately want to find a 3rd slot character for my team.

What are your current two definites? *Feels like playing some theory building again*

I know I'm not good at this game but everyone seems to get murdered by Wesker in casual and tournament play at random times. Why is that?

Tobe

I know I'm not good at this game but everyone seems to get murdered by Wesker in casual and tournament play at random times. Why is that?

cause ppl dont respect him enough, and just rant about his "godlike powers" and dont learn the match up.

and also cause xfactor lvl3 which is basically block right or die.

Jintor

Dear UMvC3 community: how do you do those stupid <-(charge) -> [button] moves instantly without actually moving? I can't get any of Felicia's goddamn OTGs working.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I keep forgetting about his extended combos. Hell, I consider it a victory if I can remember standing H > QCF M.

Weskers 10th mission is basically it. The only difference is that I don't use the teleport after QCF M, I just dash up and use cr. MH
Yeah just checked the damage, magic series with Wesker (unless you're in level 4 xfactor) doesn't really compare.

cause ppl dont respect him enough, and just rant about his "godlike powers" and dont learn the match up.

and also cause xfactor lvl3 which is basically block right or die.

That first statement doesn't match the second lol.

Azure J

I don't know about the intricacies of it, but what I tend to do is hold the back while the character is falling out of the air then as soon as i hit the ground, forward + the appropriate punch strength button.

Now admittedly, I'm still a fraud Felicia. Can't crack over 650K with her on one meter, although I'm seeing how it should be done now. <3 Rolling Buckler - Slide - s.L on other side.

Edit: Grounded is easier, I just hide it in another animation or crouch back as Tobe says.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm having a major team crisis right now too... I just can't pull myself away from ME3 MP right now to get it together. But from late April to mid-May I'll be going back at this game hard body to prep for Toryuken.

I like playing way too many characters. I spend time in training mode just fucking around with characters I never play, and get nowhere. It's why my teams still only use Day 1 Vanilla BnBs for the most part. Also, I suck at teh videogamez. And now I gotta learn it all again on stick, oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom