• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and 2 hours later

AQTcT.jpg

I probably put more work into this than it probably deserves but eh, I like it.

LOL! Priceless. =D

By the way, I've been thinking of picking up the game again after a long break. Will you guys develop me into a true Klingon warrior? =O

El Sloth

Banned
It's genuinely amazing. For someone like me, half of the fun in playing video games is interacting with the other side and clowning around. When I play him, it's like the life just drains out of the room because he's obnoxious. Like almost at stark odds with my reserved self:

(You're doing good): "Ugh [Character X you're using] sucks, why does that exist? Shit needs a nerf/patch. *Long over dramatic exasperated sigh* [No, you aren't right if you point out what you did, its intricacies or whatever else. Also don't you dare suggest that he's wrong for doing this continually.]

(You're playing like ass): *Long sequence of match nonsense topped with a "I know I'm smug, deal with it." taunt* Yeahhh [X character I've band wagoned onto] is fucking godlike, hold that shit. *Runs immediately after getting with his win(s)*

It's quite an interesting training regimen for myself. When I can consistently play him without losing track of what makes this fun for me and properly say GGs afterward, I feel like I'll have reached zen with myself. :lol
Sounds like my brother when we play SC:V. Throwing is cheap, stop blocking all the time, etc.

Apparently the arcade stick gives me an unfair advantage. He wanted to prove this by making me play with a pad and then declared he was correct when he beat me the first two games I was still adjusting to different button layout. I still beat him overall, but of course that doesn't matter. I just stopped playing with him. Family or not, playing with whiny dicks is no fun.

Dahbomb

Played around the lab with the 3 of the worst characters in the game on one team just to see how bad they would be together: Hsien Ko/Phoenix Wright/She Hulk

Yet... this team is AMAZING although it pretty much rides entirely on Hsien Ko going gold. So many gimmicks on this team, it's hilarious.

*Start Hsien Ko on point, throw out some normals and then do Gong into Gold armor into raw tag She Hulk.
*She Hulk on point with Gold armor assist backing her up, essentially works like the She Hulk/Tron combo from Vanilla. They press buttons, they get hit by She Hulk. They don't press buttons, they get command grab. Basically the whole point of this set up is to get the command grabs.
*After getting a command grab, raw tag into Phoenix Wright and gather some evidence. Even if you don't get everything you need, dick around with Maya and Gold armor Hsien Ko. Go for unblockable set up with the hyper, fall on your ass plus She Hulk Torpedo into Turnabout mode.
*You can also get Turnabout if you have all the evidence but tag him out so that you have She Hulk and Gold Hsien Ko. Get a command throw with She Hulk, raw tag and get easy Turnabout activation.
*Raw tag out PW with Turnabout mode and now you have another very good lockdown assist that does a shit ton of chip. Works with Hsien Ko on point too who has an instant overhead.
*Turnabout Wright with near full screen unblockables thanks to She Hulk and an invincible assist = GG

Also I don't think She Hullk is 3rd worst in the game, definitely a full tier above those 2 crazies.

Azure J

I think because he is in fly mode. Same thing happens with air play u can do it as long as u are in flight mode.

I would love Pie to pick Dante. That combo was cool.

No matter what I do, I can only get three air actions before a mandatory cool down drop back t the ground. Does it have something to do with the speed the inputs are done?

And yeah, Marlin with Dante would be godlike. I also want to see that button heck where apparently he was enjoying himself doing Morrigan stuff. :lol

Played around the lab with the 3 of the worst characters in the game on one team just to see how bad they would be together: Hsien Ko/Phoenix Wright/She Hulk

Yet... this team is AMAZING although it pretty much rides entirely on Hsien Ko going gold. So many gimmicks on this team, it's hilarious.

*Start Hsien Ko on point, throw out some normals and then do Gong into Gold armor into raw tag She Hulk.
*She Hulk on point with Gold armor assist backing her up, essentially works like the She Hulk/Tron combo from Vanilla. They press buttons, they get hit by She Hulk. They don't press buttons, they get command grab. Basically the whole point of this set up is to get the command grabs.
*After getting a command grab, raw tag into Phoenix Wright and gather some evidence. Even if you don't get everything you need, dick around with Maya and Gold armor Hsien Ko. Go for unblockable set up with the hyper, fall on your ass plus She Hulk Torpedo into Turnabout mode.
*You can also get Turnabout if you have all the evidence but tag him out so that you have She Hulk and Gold Hsien Ko. Get a command throw with She Hulk, raw tag and get easy Turnabout activation.
*Raw tag out PW with Turnabout mode and now you have another very good lockdown assist that does a shit ton of chip. Works with Hsien Ko on point too who has an instant overhead.
*Turnabout Wright with near full screen unblockables thanks to She Hulk and an invincible assist = GG

Also I don't think She Hullk is 3rd worst in the game, definitely a full tier above those 2 crazies.

This is what makes marvel so special. It's not about character useability, it's about team useability. You can make some amazing teams with the most unorthodox combination of characters if you know how to use their synergy to it's maximum potential.

Azure J

So I'm going back into the archived Ultimate thread looking for that stream with the hype ass Strider play from January or so and I just realized that I really should watch the Frieda stream more often. I just wish if it wasn't on so early in the morning for me when they do stream.

Onemic

Well it looks like my craigslist dealer was a bitch and bailed on me 30min before the deal was to be done so now I'm back to searching for an arcade stick. It looks like amazon has the Hori Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 stick for sale at $110. Is that stick good(at least in comparison to the madcatz SFIVTE) and is it worth the asking price?

Grecco

Well it looks like my craigslist dealer was a bitch and bailed on me 30min before the deal was to be done so now I'm back to searching for an arcade stick. It looks like amazon has the Hori Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 stick for sale at $110. Is that stick good(at least in comparison to the madcatz SFIVTE) and is it worth the asking price?

the stick and buttons are sanwa same as a TE. Dont know about the shell or the build or that stuff. Never used a hori stick.

Lothars

It's a good stick, I have it and also have a madcatz TE which i prefer but it's just because of how the buttons are laid out, If you are looking for an arcade stick, you can't go wrong with the hori one.

Onemic

It's a good stick, I have it and also have a madcatz TE which i prefer but it's just because of how the buttons are laid out, If you are looking for an arcade stick, you can't go wrong with the hori one.

Done. should get it in about 2 weeks. Guessing it'll take some getting used to as ive never used an arcade stick in my life.

Dahbomb

Yeah we actually do have a couple of good PW players here in the States, Basic Sausage and Poltergust. Poltergust has won a tournament at the Arcade UFO in Houston plus being a regular there.

is there any video from the mihe grand finals at texas showdown?
It's not really worth watching because he steam rolled the other guy.

Grecco

Yeah we actually do have a couple of good PW players here in the States, Basic Sausage and Poltergust. Poltergust has won a tournament at the Arcade UFO in Houston plus being a regular there.

It's not really worth watching because he steam rolled the other guy.

The other guy did somehow win the first match

shaowebb

Right now I'm hoping either Kusoru or Chris G takes EVO because I think those guys have come up with the best synergy teams. Kusoru more than Chris G though since his is less Shenanigan based, but I gotta admit I like it lame and love his Morrigan/Doom strategy.

kirblar

I don't get why the community isn't even upset with this, even though its be around for a while. How many characters can get in to shut it down? A handful? Its salty ball all over again...good god...not again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4AGVnjmac&feature=player_embedded
"Zoning is good in a Marvel game? BAN IT!"

I mean, really? If your team can't deal with Morrigan bullshit, the onus is on you to CHANGE YOUR DAMN TEAM TO ONE THAT CAN. Adapt, or die. Doesn't mean that you have to abandon the original team, but you need to have something in your pocket if you're looking at an 8-2 or worse situation.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

I mean, really? If your team can't deal with Morrigan bullshit, the onus is on you to CHANGE YOUR DAMN TEAM TO ONE THAT CAN. Adapt, or die.
Seriously.

Chris G himself even juggles multiple teams so that he's got a back-up plan when this doesn't work.

I mean, really? If your team can't deal with Morrigan bullshit, the onus is on you to CHANGE YOUR DAMN TEAM TO ONE THAT CAN. Adapt, or die.

No, don't ban it, simplify it. Everyone got pissy about how Phoenix got the best zoning. Is it really fair that others should get overpowered zoning like she had? I'll say this, Morrigan needs zoning since her damage output is not one of the best. But spamming all day? A limit should be in place, especially with astral vision since a majority of the cast still has the same problem that they had with the crap phoenix pulled.

Come on, how many of you didn't want to have to change your team just for a counter for Phoenix let alone for morrigan now? If any Phoenix player were to say what you said, they'd get blown up by the community. Now look at phoenix, hardly anyone says anything about her with her changes to salty ball. Why? because you can't spam it all day anymore.

We are I'm just using phoenix as referance since most of the crap she had is gone and now others that still have op crap thats's still there.
but whatever it's just my opinion

mr. puppy

Banned
I don't get why the community isn't even upset with this, even though its be around for a while. How many characters can get in to shut it down? A handful? Its salty ball all over again...good god...not again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4AGVnjmac&feature=player_embedded

just b/c you're bad and can't figure out that vajra rapes this team doesn't mean it should be banned. go watch what happened to chris g in cali before you come up with more balancing ideas.

Right now I'm hoping either Kusoru or Chris G takes EVO because I think those guys have come up with the best synergy teams. Kusoru more than Chris G though since his is less Shenanigan based, but I gotta admit I like it lame and love his Morrigan/Doom strategy.

the only person that deserves to win Evo is Marlinpie. Nobody has put in as much time and energy and come up with nearly as much amazing shit as this guy. Chris G's team has his fraud Akuma for no apparent reason and he can't win with it outside of NYC weeklies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom