• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so the Viewtiful Joe glitch doesn't reset hitstun decay, just the number of assists you can use. I was wondering why I couldn't get an infinite going with magneto. Maybe I still can.

Nyoro SF

Oh, so the Viewtiful Joe glitch doesn't reset hitstun decay, just the number of assists you can use. I was wondering why I couldn't get an infinite going with magneto. Maybe I still can.

You need to combine the assist with some sort of attack that will always cause a knockdown regardless of how far in the combo it's used.

Spencer is really dangerous because even really late into combos he can still grapple into knockdowns. I would not be surprised if Spencer/Viewtiful Joe becomes a real team combination because of the ability to kill any character in the game meterless starting from almost anywhere on screen.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ran into a dude online with a skull and cross bones disconnect icon thingy. If anyone has this symbol they are guaranteed to rage quit unless they win or something . So for this guy I wanted to test and see what kind of offense this guy can muster up. It was my Hawkeye/Wecker/Vajra vs. Sent/Ryu/Akuma. We both start by backing up, my first thought would be that I'd let him hit me cause I doubt he could kill me off a touch.... and I was right! As soon as the round started he started hammering H like it was day 1 Vanilla, it was pretty funny. At this point my plan was to get myself down to a pixel of life then zone the shit out of him back (starting with a piercing bolt going through the Sent spit because that is always oh so satisfying). So I just walk forward getting hit by spit/ Ryu or Akuma fireballs until I have a pixel left. Then the guy does something I'd never expect, he jumps FORWARD over my piercing bolt. I have no idea why he did this, his awful zoning was obviously working, and I doubt he was smart enough to know the piercing bolt was coming. So I let him get in on me, he does the same old j.H j.S cr.M nonsense. I can block all of this cause well, who can't? So after a good 10 marvel seconds of blocking he hard tags out to Ryu out of no where, I was lucky and had more life than I thought.

Yadda yadda yadda I hardtag out to Wecker, I run through his team. I tried oh so hard to kill his team off with out it being obvious I was beating the piss out of him. I'd back off a bit at times, but then went back to Weskering. I make it to his last character , and at this point his character had stop moving completely so I was like, shit he's gonna quit. So I get a hard knockdown, xfactor, input the level 3 but he had already quit :(

This has been story time with A Pretty Panda.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Tron would like a word.
I've seen Tron do work. There's a local player that does pretty well with her and I feel like a total idiot every time I actually lose to it but it happens.

I've yet to see Chun pull any weight on a team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've seen Tron do work. There's a local player that does pretty well with her and I feel like a total idiot every time I actually lose to it but it happens.

I've yet to see Chun pull any weight on a team.

There was some Marvel 2 vet using Chun for Legs on his team. It was Wolverine/Mag/Chun.

Forgot the dudes name, I know he was at Apex.

Chun is definitely not the worst, she's got some really dirty stuff.

I just think she has the highest barrier to entry (for being effective) in the game. And this is the official No Work (tm) game.

In other news, shamelessly taken from SRK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59aczm10r4&feature=player_embedded

How to slow down Zero's BS (if you didn't believe Huoshen already)

I suggest everyone here watches from 22:00 to at least 38:00. My mind is blown I didn't know half this Arthur/PW shit was possible. Or even the Nemesis relaunch.

Fucking Bum, go to a tournament already.

I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE I WILL SUBMIT THE EVIDENCE

PW going off is hilarious :lol I'll eat some crow for not wanting him in initially but he's definitely the funniest (next to Hsien Ko and Taskmaster). Bum getting so mad at the cellphone :lol

LakeEarth

What do you guys think is the worst level 3 hyper in the game? In vanilla, I'd swear up and down that it was Haggar, but now he can extend it with his OTG.

I'd now say its Nemesis. I'm pretty sure it has the best range of all the level 3 grabs (especially kara'd), and you can follow up into rocket hyper, but it has no invincibility and takes a few moments to activate. You can't do the xfactor cancel into grab trick without getting smacked.

Sixfortyfive

That's kind of hard to say since almost all of them do really comparable damage.

I think the ones that lack startup invincibility are probably those in contention, except for Gravity Squeeze, which is so obviously good in other ways that it doesn't matter. Final Justice is the first that comes to mind, although I know there are some others. Utility level 3s (Mad Beast, Chaos Tide) probably aren't bad per se but the effort needed to utilize them properly counts for something I guess.

Azure J

Anyone here come up with weird little gimmicks that you like and try to make work in a regular match? I have a silly little thing with DT'd Dante where I'll do Stinger - BC'd Fly and try to Psycho Crusher in the next instant. It's so wildly inconsistent, but when it hits, it's a total mind fuck for the other person. Recently, I spent a good amount of time in training mode trying to get timing down on Helm Splitter/jS bold move/dash cancels just because I feel like something stupid could come from that. Another one I like is intentionally whiffing a normal to conceal a teleport input while calling Ammy Cold Shots and mixing up from behind. They're dumb and probably complete baby mode for some of you, but I can't help but feel a little interested in making more things like this.

And now, to go back a few pages:

No, don't ban it, simplify it. Everyone got pissy about how Phoenix got the best zoning. Is it really fair that others should get overpowered zoning like she had? I'll say this, Morrigan needs zoning since her damage output is not one of the best. But spamming all day? A limit should be in place, especially with astral vision since a majority of the cast still has the same problem that they had with the crap phoenix pulled.

Come on, how many of you didn't want to have to change your team just for a counter for Phoenix let alone for morrigan now? If any Phoenix player were to say what you said, they'd get blown up by the community. Now look at phoenix, hardly anyone says anything about her with her changes to salty ball. Why? because you can't spam it all day anymore.

The problem with Phoenix was never her zoning, it was that her X Factor bonuses were absurd and she had no counter on a fundamental level if her teammates could build meter fast. Vanilla Marvel meter gain was fucking wild and with no way to stop it/hinder it, the game basically became a Metroid escape sequence, move fast or die.

As for the changing of teams thing, I can kinda understand, btu I really don't agree. You have to have some pocket characters in order to deal with things because there's no one team that won't get crippled or outright blown the fuck up when so many different variables come into play.

"Zoning is good in a Marvel game? BAN IT!"

I mean, really? If your team can't deal with Morrigan bullshit, the onus is on you to CHANGE YOUR DAMN TEAM TO ONE THAT CAN. Adapt, or die. Doesn't mean that you have to abandon the original team, but you need to have something in your pocket if you're looking at an 8-2 or worse situation.

Pretty much this except without the intensity in saying as much. :p

the only person that deserves to win Evo is Marlinpie. Nobody has put in as much time and energy and come up with nearly as much amazing shit as this guy. Chris G's team has his fraud Akuma for no apparent reason and he can't win with it outside of NYC weeklies.

MarlinPie has been my favorite person to watch play for a while now. I don't know why, but something about the transition from Vanilla to Ultimate made a lot of people who I once thought were godlike just seem kinda lacking. They're still entertaining to watch though, but just not like MarinPie. I want to say Yipes is another one for me, but I hardly see him play as often. He's still Mahvel incarnate though.

On the latter part of your post, I retty much agree. Chris' team has some great thought behind it, but he needs to level up the characters that aren't Morrigan some more. I said as much when the team was newer, but recently his Doom's been looking better. the Akuma part of things though, I just don't know what its about beyond a horizontal GTFO for Morrigan.

On a bit of a tangent, Chris G seems to have basically created the new Wolvy/Akuma in MorriDoom come to think of it. I remain convinced though that the best team using that duo would incorporate Vergil just because he'd handle the problem characters that can actually ruin the synergy with all the meter built between Morrigan (on point or assist) and Doom Missiles. Sword formations and the ridiculous range/speed on his normals would keep people honest, Doom missiles handles aerial cover (and OTGs actually), with Round Trip in the mix he also gets insane (almost brain dead) left-right pressure on the ground, and when the time is right, just juice him up with a Devil Trigger and raw tag Morrigan in with a Round Trip cover so you have Sou Sou Sou on point and Dark Vergil to take away their hope at a comeback later in the round. Rapid Slash assist and call it a day.

https://twitter.com/#!/Pond3r/status/189495994021462016

The Phoenix Wright Gauntlet has been thrown!

$500 bonus to anyone who make Top 8 at EVO using him!

Oh wow. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
phoenix wright bounty? oh damn lets fly in the japanese phoenix wright experts and lets have basic sausage level up.

LakeEarth

Everyone who signs up should pick Pheonix Wright just to troll this guy. All 8 spots have PW on the team, he has to shell out four grand.

Sixfortyfive

I was going to post Deadpool's, but I can't dislike this.

deadpool.gif

smurfx

get some go again
Worst LVL3 is easily Deadpool's. Followed by Firebrand's and Jill's.
i forgot what event it was where somebody used jill's lvl 3 and everybody got hyped thinking we would see something cool and the guy basically just ran around for a few and that was the end of that.

Azure J

i forgot what event it was where somebody used jill's lvl 3 and everybody got hyped thinking we would see something cool and the guy basically just ran around for a few and that was the end of that.

Apex. What was really funny was hearing commentary say that she was Dash Dancing Smash style. :lol

Tirael

I don't think we're gonna get any Marvel news, because Captivate covered so much other stuff. Dragon's Dogma, SFxTK, Lost Planet, DmC, RE6...

Marvel's like the only franchise that DIDN'T get any news.

And Mega Man. T_T

Come on, how many of you didn't want to have to change your team just for a counter for Phoenix let alone for morrigan now? If any Phoenix player were to say what you said, they'd get blown up by the community. Now look at phoenix, hardly anyone says anything about her with her changes to salty ball. Why? because you can't spam it all day anymore.

I don't have to change my team to deal with Morrigans. And thanks to Kusoru, I don't have to change my team to deal with Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom