• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yipes suffers from tournament jitters or lacks matchup experience or something. His tourney performance is really polarizing. Everyone loves watching him play, not just because he's Yipes, but once he gets going he can run a train on people.

The last time at Winter Brawl he became so drunk the night before that he had a massive hangover and have to DQ himself. I am starting to think that things like that is very common for him, and that's why he's not performing at his best. The thing is at the start of UMvC3 he was bossing and beating everyone too at Combofiend's house, yet he had disappointing results at SCR and NEC. I think if he gets his act together he will be a strong contender for 1st in any major, but yeah it could be that he's struggling to handle the salt inducing powers of this game.

Drug abuse seems to go hand-in-hand with fighting games. :-/

x6DZ5.png

There's no way in hell Yipes suffers from tournament jitters. It's probably just him partying too hard and staying up too late the night before the tournament. He's not the only one that does this Noel Brown also does this. You can see him roaming the hotel lobby at like 4 am at any major. Then we have guys like Justin who goes to bed early knowing he has early pools etc... Just different preparation.

shaowebb

Super Skrull in MVC4.... anti air command grab as a custom assist.

Vergil's Lunar Phase and Round Trip.

Hawkeye's Spritzer.

Deadpool's QCF+L Guns

Chris' Flamethrower.

Dante's Revolver.

Nova's Centurion L Rush (OTG slide hits low as well)

AAWWW YEEEAA!!!!

If we're talking MVC4 wishlists again I'm putting in for giving Iron Fist Frank's Roll. Son of a bitch needs a way to mix it up easier. Failing this give him a berzerker slash move of some sort, but either way get me the fuck behind someone. Also give Chun Li a better OTG and higher damage.

I won't even bring up MVC4 cast. Just gonna put in for wishlist stuff here on old cast.

If the game only came out on PC, I couldn't play it.

Anyway, I'm having difficulty settling on a primary team, and I'm wondering what you folks all think. Dormammu/Morrigan is my core, and I'm always trying to figure out that magical third. I have three concepts that appeal to me:

Firebrand (Hell Spitfire H) / Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)

Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) / Phoenix (TK Overdrive)

Dormammu (Dark Hole) / Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) / Doom (Hidden Missiles

Whateth thou thinkesthsths thee mortalseths?

shaowebb

If the game only came out on PC, I couldn't play it.

Anyway, I'm having difficulty settling on a primary team, and I'm wondering what you folks all think. Dormammu/Morrigan is my core, and I'm always trying to figure out that magical third. I have three concepts that appeal to me:

I like Doom for an idea since it interrupts combos and slows people down to let dorm finish setting up. Also because of Morrigan + doom as well. Salty ball into Astral Vision and go crazy with Morrigan.

Zissou

But then you have doom anchor, which has always felt kind of meh to me. He's not bad, but he has some serious issues without assists.

I still remember Yipes getting so drunk at EVO 2010 that he couldn't play the big East coast vs West coast money match and left Sanford to stand alone against Neo, Fanatiq, Chunksta and Schmidt.
He got plowed

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think we should have avatar bets on whether Marvel will get a new patch or not.

I will volunteer for it. Balance patch for Marvel (not talking about new content) around or after EVO 2012 any time before EVO 2013. Who wants in on this action?

Hey Beef get in on this.

sephi22

I think we should have avatar bets on whether Marvel will get a new patch or not.

I will volunteer for it. Balance patch for Marvel (not talking about new content) around or after EVO 2012 any time before EVO 2013. Who wants in on this action?

I'll take you up on it.
I actually want a patch. So if I lose, Its alright because the patch will keep me happy, and if I win, I can amuse myself by making you wear a really goofy Vergil avatar.

Win-win for me.

JeTmAn81

Semantics aside, alcohol does a lot more damage than what are traditionally known as "drugs". But that's a topic for another thread.

mr. puppy

Banned
Does anybody use Haggar's lariat assist in this game? I keep seeing it high on assist tier rankings but nobody makes it work anymore.

Sounds like Justin and Pr Rog might be using Jill soon which is verrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

according to who? also, we can kinda guess what the charcters gonna do for them based on the following questions:

1: Is Jill good with Tatsu assist? Thats what Justin is going to do
2: Is Jill good with absolutely nothing? Thats what PR Rog is going to do

Dahbomb

PRBalrog was hyping up Jill for a bit. I don't know if either are going to stick to her although I expect the stream monsters to blow their load when they see the mix ups and somersault kick.

I'll take you up on it.
I actually want a patch. So if I lose, Its alright because the patch will keep me happy, and if I win, I can amuse myself by making you wear a really goofy Vergil avatar.

Win-win for me.
Done. Put up the avatar you want me to wear if I lose and I will try to come up with something myself.

Bizazedo

I am still waiting for either of them to start using Spencer/Wolverine/Akuma, that's a very solid team and I am surprised neither of them has considered using it.

How does it handle zoning / Morrigan + Doom spam?

I am running into it more and more, myself. Nice practice, wise.

Grecco

according to who?

Justin has been asking about Jill on his twitter, and then PR Rog said hes trying out Jill during Friedas stream. So according to them? They also share lots of tech between them so its no coincidence. They probably have found something.

I am still waiting for either of them to start using Spencer/Wolverine/Akuma, that's a very solid team and I am surprised neither of them has considered using it.

I dont think thats an optimal team for Spencer, and i dont think ustin has any interest in running Spencer. JMO

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey guys I know of an avatar you guys can wear....

EVO 2013 that's a long time for just an avatar bet. What if esports buys EVO by then?

mr. puppy

Banned
Kusoru tweeted PR Rog about Jill:

@PR_Balrog I gave up her, but I hope anyone brings out Jill's ptential.

@PR_Balrog I had thought Jill has potential, and I have used Jill... But She never rewarded my effort.

and also putting Tony Stark on blast:

@Condor0813 http://ja.twitch.tv/frieda0914 「I think he needs to snap in tony and beat on him » just because he's so bad

Grecco

Does anybody know why in the Brady Guide some notations are in parenthesis when it comes to frames?

Taskmasters standing B or M 2(1)3 ?

smurfx

get some go again
jill is scary man. i've fought a few good ones and her dash is so damn fast. i've sometimes not even noticed that she went through my ass and by the time i notice i'm already being juggled.

Azure J

Super Skrull in MVC4.... anti air command grab as a custom assist.

Vergil's Lunar Phase and Round Trip.

Hawkeye's Spritzer.

Deadpool's QCF+L Guns

Chris' Flamethrower.

Dante's Revolver.

Nova's Centurion L Rush (OTG slide hits low as well)

AAWWW YEEEAA!!!!

It's all fun and games until someone finds a way to make Zero's Lvl 3 buster a custom assist.

Kappa

I've been telling people for like 8 months that I heard Sven say in person there was a Darkstalkers coming, but it takes rumors for people to believe. He straight up said last year, news on a new darkstalkers next summer.

I mean, I believed as much for a bit but damn if my belief in Capcom delivering hasn't taken a beating in the last year or so.

Shoutouts to MML3, and inb4 Enzo :p

If only the game came out on PC, then you could put in whatever assist you wanted. Right guys?

I wish it had come out on PC really.

The Firebrand one wins this easy just because of actual synergy and the different kinds of stupid you can get off of any of Dormammu's "lock-em-down" attacks.

And while we're doing more team stuff, I'd like to hear more from you all on what goes good with a Vergil+Morrigan core. I tried Doom and while MorriDoom is an established viable threat/alternate style of play to compliment Dark Slayer Rising (on top of giving a functional, if a bit unorthodox OTG to Vergil), something about Doom isn't "me" and I couldn't explain that sentiment if I wanted to.

hitsugi

I think we've all speculated about how good Jill *could* be, but the question is whether or not someone will put in all the time to make it work. I've only ran into a couple of Jill players, but she gets scary real quick. Someone just needs to lean that level 3..

kirblar

I think we've all speculated about how good Jill *could* be, but the question is whether or not someone will put in all the time to make it work. I've only ran into a couple of Jill players, but she gets scary real quick. Someone just needs to lean that level 3..
The problem is that her Level 3 + XF may actually just be beyond 99.99% of the population.

hitsugi

The problem is that her Level 3 + XF may actually just be beyond 99.99% of the population.

Yeah it is quite ridiculous.. I don't know if anyone could reliably control it with XF3; as it is, I haven't seen much use of it to begin with.

I had high hopes for Jill, but she just feels too damn weird to me.

Anyone want to play a few matches on XBL?
I think a lot depends right now on how Capcom execs are reading the SFxT failure. If they are smart and realize they need to stop the bullshit, it will be good for Darkstalkers. If they are stupid and think it's fighting game oversaturation, it will be bad for Darkstalkers. Personally, I'd buy a MvC3 update every 6 months at $40 a pop with 10 new characters, no matter who those new characters were.
Forty bucks is too expensive for disc updates every six months. Think thirty bucks with a $20 DLC option and I'll bring the Pringles. We'd still be paying more than folks who are going to get the SFxT characters, but I don't care so long as I get more interesting characters. Daddy needs a Godhand and Captain corridor.
Why would someone spend a whole bar to steal 1/3 of a bar unless you're fighting Phoenix?
You answered your own question. Also, you can use it for Morrigan mirrors to keep sou sou sou sou and AV at bay.

I wasn't trying to be serious in my first response haha. Multi hit alone would be a huge help in fireball/laser wars though.
SFxTK (probably; in one region) underselling UMvC3 in a first month comparison is a shocker. SFxTK is 40$ everywhere now anyways. I think across regions SFxTK may have the edge over time but damn.. I couldn't have predicted that. I wonder what precedent that sets for the future, and if Capcom is going to begin accounting for PR mishaps now, or if they're going to reevaluate their FG plan. Seems like SFxTK was more of a risk than everyone anticipated.
Some people kept saying that SFxT was the versus game people were asking about for ten years. I don't get it. I never heard anyone asking for those two franchises to clash at all. It just came out of nowhere and was a wtf move to me. It was pretty cool despite the art, but then the post gem period set in and the post launch bombs finished that game(in other people's eyes, the DLC was not so bad for me).
However, I do not feel as if they're only option left is UMvC3 DLC, especially if they have a rumored DS game, Alpha game, and JoJos XBLA/PSN on their plate. That's a lot to bide the time until next gen. When Sven says they have a robust FG roadmap for the future, I'm pretty sure it's something everyone will believe coming out of his mouth. Only time will tell, I'm excited though.
I swear the fighting game community has more rumors than any other genre I've ever been involved with... except maybe the Pokemon fanbase. Now people are talking about a rumored Alpha? lol
I've been telling people for like 8 months that I heard Sven say in person there was a Darkstalkers coming, but it takes rumors for people to believe. He straight up said last year, news on a new darkstalkers next summer.
No offense, but this is practically baseless without some spoken or written evidence from a legitimate(loolz) videogame news site. He was probably talking about that PS1 port of VSav... at least I hope he was.
Oh we know it's coming. Shit you don't tease it at a panel without any sort of good reason (unless your the MML3 team, but they took it further). Just when it's coming is debatable. I say spring 2013 for current consoles, but they could put it on the back burner and push other projects up. The only thing we have to work off of is a shoddy 4chan leak.
I'd rather have a new Powerstone. The last thing we need right now is another serious fighter from Capcom. They've got 50% of the main event at EVO as is and there are tons of fantastic fighters releasing this year. Give me something fun and casual like Powerstone. I'm sure that Capcom would enjoy not having to deal with the FGC heat for a while. I bet it'd get a lot of stream time even at EVO as a side game. Not everything has to be super srs all the time.

Chocolate Rouge please and thank you

Bizazedo

So going back to team discussions....played an absolutely brutal team last night of MODOK / Morrigan / Doom.

Modok playing keepaway or attacking, but starting at keepaway. Used balloon bombs, missiles, analyze cubes, shields, and psionic blasters to keep me out. It worked very well, especially with how easily he can throw you into the corner or fly waaaaaaaay above you.

That + jamming bomb combos that would end in snap outs.

Modok is badarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom