• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

I like how you think!

edit-

cAUNN.jpg

OMFG
I was thinking of a vergil avatar with something like 'I'm so scrub friendly' but this is fucking perfect.

Dahbomb, my man, I'm sorry.

As for me, I'm a whore and I'll sport anything as long as it doesn't break the TOS.

Azure J

Is it just me or is it easier to go:

LMH - Rising Sun - Air Trick - sj.MHS - Whatever else

Than it is to add the Stinger in Vergil's BnB beginnings?

zlatko

Banned
Nova/Task/Spencer? you miss out on those stupid Nova/Frank shenanigans .

I'd go Nova, Spencer, Task.

I was a big advocate of how awesome Frank is when the game came out, but as time has gone on, he's just an assist, and a crutch to your team if he never gets to level up.

Definitely the firebrand team. Phoenix team is wonky and your last team isn't as focused I guess. You've got a winning gameplan with the firebrand team, and more reliable backup plans.
But then you have doom anchor, which has always felt kind of meh to me. He's not bad, but he has some serious issues without assists.
I like Doom for an idea since it interrupts combos and slows people down to let dorm finish setting up. Also because of Morrigan + doom as well. Salty ball into Astral Vision and go crazy with Morrigan.
The Firebrand one wins this easy just because of actual synergy and the different kinds of stupid you can get off of any of Dormammu's "lock-em-down" attacks.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm surprised there's so much Firebrand support. Theorycraft GAF just wants him to be used, maybe? Haha. He feels pretty natural to me, so that's good.

Edit: On GFAQs, everyone says to use the Doom team. -_- No Phoenix love?!

And while we're doing more team stuff, I'd like to hear more from you all on what goes good with a Vergil+Morrigan core. I tried Doom and while MorriDoom is an established viable threat/alternate style of play to compliment Dark Slayer Rising (on top of giving a functional, if a bit unorthodox OTG to Vergil), something about Doom isn't "me" and I couldn't explain that sentiment if I wanted to.
I know the Doom feeling. I like his character so much, but he just doesn't feel right to me even though there's nothing wrong with his playstyle. I think it's that I always feel like I have to be on the defensive with him, like I'm desperately trying to get in, or something.

I think Dormammu is a good fit on that team, as is Dante (three devils? aw yeah). Magneto on anchor works, as does Firebrand. A lot of it depends on the team order you want. Can you give me something on that, or maybe some characters you tend to like?

getting drunk does not equate to drug abuse, don't be ridiculous
Drunkenness is literally poisoning oneself through the overconsumption of a substance bad for one's body. That is exactly what drug abuse is. However, I wasn't just referring to alcohol - it seems like the FGC is always baked.

I saw this at work and it completed my day. I AM SO HAPPY.

wheres lupinko. i want to perma ban bet him.
I want you to, too.

God. Fucking. Damn.

Now I really want Dahbomb to win because if not I'll feel bad for having started the suggestion xD
I'm the other way around. I want Dahbomb to wear that so bad that I'm not sure if I want a patch to get announced. Which would be more awesome?

Azure J

Need help with some beginner BnBs with Morrigan, anyone want to chime in before I go to SRK and rack my brain on something fancy for hours on end before going "fuck this shit"? :p

inb4 QCF+M, QCB+S, QCF+H, QCB+S, repeat :lol

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm surprised there's so much Firebrand support. Theorycraft GAF just wants him to be used, maybe? Haha. He feels pretty natural to me, so that's good.

Edit: On GFAQs, everyone says to use the Doom team. -_- No Phoenix love?!

I know the Doom feeling. I like his character so much, but he just doesn't feel right to me even though there's nothing wrong with his playstyle. I think it's that I always feel like I have to be on the defensive with him, like I'm desperately trying to get in, or something.

I think Dormammu is a good fit on that team, as is Dante (three devils? aw yeah). Magneto on anchor works, as does Firebrand. A lot of it depends on the team order you want. Can you give me something on that, or maybe some characters you tend to like?

Regarding Firebrand, I guess one part of it is seeing him used with some thought put behind his inclusion on the team.

In regards to the team setup with a Vergil/Morrigan core, optimally, I see it as a team where I start strong with Vergil on point and Morrigan building meter for him in an optimal position so at a moment's notice the duo could swap. Like, when I made the Vergil/Doom/Morrigan team, my idea was for Vergil to deal out the real hurt by limiting other players' options with all the meter he gets. Early Devil Trigger was key because depending on matchups, I could do one of two things:

- Play the field and clean up with absurdly fast and powerful strikes all while abusing meter from Morrigan and keeping the gameplay grounded thanks to Doom Missiles

- Throw out a raw Round Trip and raw tag Morrigan in, ensuring that I'd have both a scary anchor and potentially a lot of meter for him to clean up with XF3 thanks to Sousousou + Missiles. His powered up Rapid Slash also makes for an excellent "GTFO" assist Morrigan could use on point to keep people locked in the prime Soul Fist range or just as a supplement for her unique approaches.

Of course, this was all before I discovered that Doom wasn't for me. It's weird, I like the character and I don't have an issue understanding fundamentals with him, but something just isn't there for me to keep him on the team (for now). There's also a hangup I have to playing him as a straight anchor hence the raw tag idea.

The Brothers Sparda + Morrigan is still looking to be my optimal setup mainly because I can play Dante moderately well, Crystal assist is really good as an OTG and something to cover Vergil's teleports and 2 Devil Triggers are better than one! :p

For right now though, I'm trying to dabble a bit more beyond the cool kids club and see if I can get anything going with other team members. As for folks I have some interest in beyond the previously mentioned:

Ammy
Strider
Dormammu
Phoenix
Felicia
Magneto (Can't play him worth a shit though :( )
Firebrand

Tangent: Does Weasel Shot assist OTG?

Need help with some beginner BnBs with Morrigan, anyone want to chime in before I go to SRK and rack my brain on something fancy for hours on end before going "fuck this shit"? :p
IMO, she's more about just handling. I'd stick with basic stuff for now. If you want to go beyond that, my bnb (which I drop 60% of the time) is:
c.LMH, f.H, j.MMH, qcf.L, qcb.S, df.dash, j.H, qcf.L, qcb.S, s.S, sj.MMH, dp.M, qcf.AA
For right now though, I'm trying to dabble a bit more beyond the cool kids club and see if I can get anything going with other team members. As for folks I have some interest in beyond the previously mentioned:

Ammy
Strider
Dormammu
Phoenix
Felicia
Magneto (Can't play him worth a shit though :( )
Firebrand
Phoenix is a bad choice because it means you won't be using meter with Vergil. Felicia would work as an anchor or point character IMO, depending on the synergy you can find between her and Vergil. I think Strider is a bad choice because he needs meter and Vergil and Morrigan don't get a lot off of his assist without an OTG. Magneto goes with everything because his assist is OP. Amaterasu using Bloom would be pretty interesting for keeping Astral Vision up forever, and Cold Stars is good with anyone plus good DHCs. Firebrand seems to go well with Vergil. I think his dashing cut (forget the name) protects qcf.S pretty well from the ground, giving Firebrand a free in.

In other words, I think you have a lot of options. IMO play 10 games with each and try to cut the list down by half.

Beautiful...

Makes me want to try a Morrigan/Dr. Strange/Dormammu team.

Azure J

Estaka is seriously fucking great, no lies. I didn't believe the hype (well, believe is the wrong word, maybe I should say I wasn't as enthusiastic) until I screwed around with the Dante/Felicia/Magnus pocket team and good God that assist made shit brainless mode in terms of mixups and new combo possibilities. :lol

Cool stuff there Karst, I'm definitely going to give everyone a shot in the lab and see what happens. Right now, I'm playing around with a Dante/Morrigan/Amaterasu team. I'll move on once I feel more comfy with Morrigan on her lonesome :p

Estaka is seriously fucking great, no lies. I didn't believe the hype (well, believe is the wrong word, maybe I should say I wasn't as enthusiastic) until I screwed around with the Dante/Felicia/Magnus pocket team and good God that assist made shit brainless mode in terms of mixups and new combo possibilities. :lol

Cool stuff there Karst, I'm definitely going to give everyone a shot in the lab and see what happens. Right now, I'm playing around with a Dante/Morrigan/Amaterasu team. I'll move on once I feel more comfy with Morrigan on her lonesome :p
The best thing about EM Disruptor is that it allows Dormammu to get full combos off of 2/3 of his teleports, so every teleport is a 50/50 mix-up within a 50/50 mix-up. Let me know how the Morrigan training goes.

I'm trying to come up with the most worthy Phoenix teams. So far I think these two work the best:

Spencer/Magneto/Phoenix
Dante/Frank West/Phoenix

The second one is actually kind of amazing, the biggest tech wave I've had since Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto.

Grecco

I'm trying to come up with the most worthy Phoenix teams. So far I think these two work the best:

Spencer/Magneto/Phoenix
Dante/Frank West/Phoenix

The second one is actually kind of amazing, the biggest tech wave I've had since Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto.

I kinda like the first one more

Yeah, me too. That said, something about bold cancel volcano is just so exciting every time.

edit: I haven't played Dante since vanilla and definitely don't play Frank, I'm already up to lvl 5 with one combo no meter/x-factor, 600k

Got it up to 700k. I'm sure I could do 800k if I checked out what people have come up with for Dante in Ultimate. I haven't even experimented with Phoenix assists yet.

Dahbomb

Tonight I went to sleep making two prayers to the Marvel gods instead of one:

1) Please give IM a faster ADDF

2) Please make Capcom release a balance patch to Marvel so I don't have to wear that hideous avatar

We didn't even specify the time limit for the bet. 1 month or 3 month? What's the standard these days?

Dahbomb

EVO 2013 was the time limit on the actual bet no the avatar. If there is no balance patch until EVO 2013, then I wear that shit. Read my post again.

Avatar bet for 3 months. Good thing is that I probably won't have to wear that before EVO 2013 and until then the DmC anti-hype will be over with anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
omg rocket raccoon you annoying little bastard! had a pretty long session with basic sausage and man rocket can be so fucking annoying and hard to hit. his air throws are really funny though. you don't think he is anywhere close to you and before you know it he is clawing your face and throwing you.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Tonight I went to sleep making two prayers to the Marvel gods instead of one:

1) Please give IM a faster ADDF

2) Please make Capcom release a balance patch to Marvel so I don't have to wear that hideous avatar

We didn't even specify the time limit for the bet. 1 month or 3 month? What's the standard these days?

Iron Man has an 8-way airdash in Ultimate? News to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom