• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've established my favorite troll combo:

Spencer command grab, raw tag to Magneto, Gravity Squeeze, raw tag to Dormammu, Flame Carpet + A2(Slant Shot), Dark Matter, 2HS, jMMH xx air tag to Magneto, jMMH xx Flight, jLH [adf H x 6]S, Gravity Squeeze dash H + A1(Purification)S, jMHS

Hsien-Koflowchart.jpg

Azure J

Needs two branching paths in the middle, one that says "Did you dash/air dash?" and one that says "Last character?" both of which go to a Mirai Nikki block text BAD END superimposed at the bottom. :lol

Also, I must really be a execution masochist. I started dicking around a bit with Viper. Viper/Dante/Amaterasu sounds frightening though.

Next week there's going to be a fighting game tournament in Davis at an animecon. I have no clue how big the turnout will be, but apparently FinestKO will be streaming it, plus I might be able to attend. Wish me luck!

Onemic

I've been trying to make a 3rd reserve team just full of marvel characters that I love in general. Would a marvel team consisting of wolverine/spiderman/magneto, wolverine/spiderman/nova, wolverine/spiderman/phoenix, or wolverine/spiderman/Ironman be decent?

And the UMvC3 stick is already feeling better and more comfortable for playing in one day than my pad has throughout my history of playing fighting games. I love this thing.

Azure J

I wish if I had an IRL acquaintance to grind this game out with sometimes. The amount of really dumb things I do at first that I know are dumb but autopilot myself into is depressing. :(

How come it too me a full set of fray as fuck matches for me to realize that Viper shouldn't approach Vergil outright, but rather punish with optic brast into shenanigans? Also learning new characters against someone playing their main team fucking sucks. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For this I think I just think it's funny since it's sort of the same things he said at me, though I didn't mind it since it was already leading toward a grudge match.

I was lurking the Dota thread, thinking it would lead to some sort of grudge match there, but instead he just got banned for it lol.

Also garbage and children are a common theme in his condescending posts.

Onemic

The official thread seems dead in the water so I'll just post it here. Does anyone still play SFIII online? Been thinking about getting it on PSN. Loved the shit out of the game on PS2.

sephi22

I've been trying to make a 3rd reserve team just full of marvel characters that I love in general. Would a marvel team consisting of wolverine/spiderman/magneto, wolverine/spiderman/nova, wolverine/spiderman/phoenix, or wolverine/spiderman/Ironman be decent?

And the UMvC3 stick is already feeling better and more comfortable for playing in one day than my pad has throughout my history of playing fighting games. I love this thing.

Wolverine and Spiderman don't help each other out I don't think. Iron Man with Unibeam assist is good for Wolverine and Iron Man with Repulser Blast assist helps spiderman get +2 Web throws in the corner for one hit kill combos.

I'd go Spiderman (whatever assist) / Iron Man (Repulser) / Phoenix (TK shot)
or
Spiderman (whatever assist) / Wolverine (Whatever Assist) / Iron Man (Unibeam)

JeTmAn81

For this I think I just think it's funny since it's sort of the same things he said at me, though I didn't mind it since it was already leading toward a grudge match.

I was lurking the Dota thread, thinking it would lead to some sort of grudge match there, but instead he just got banned for it lol.

Also garbage and children are a common theme in his condescending posts.
"Get good kid, you're garbage." A quote that lives in infamy.

LOL@ the gif above. I hope Sakamichi no apollon is turning out okay so far. Seeing Watanabe and Yoko Kanno on the same project again is too amazing for my mind to comprehend. One of the guys who did some artwork for Skullgirls is also working on the show and I want the show to be a success.
Skullgirls UI-esque font is stealthy. I c what u did ther.
I'm mad that I discovered this font today. It definitely could have found some use in the Skullgirls OT. :(
Also, minor since I don't think people use it, but latest tournaments added to OP.
I check the OP every once in a while. It reminds me of times when we were all naive.

Still waiting for more Mahvel support from Capcom.
Next week there's going to be a fighting game tournament in Davis at an animecon. I have no clue how big the turnout will be, but apparently FinestKO will be streaming it, plus I might be able to attend. Wish me luck!
This reminds me about Super NCI a month ago. FinestKO is pretty good for those niche games...
There should be a second branching part for Hsien Ko flow chart:

-> No Meter -> Start running all the way back to VS
Will do once I wash the salt out of my eyes.
The official thread seems dead in the water so I'll just post it here. Does anyone still play SFIII online? Been thinking about getting it on PSN. Loved the shit out of the game on PS2.
I kept asking friends to play SFIV(yes, I actually try to play the game regularly) and 3S, but no one bites. 3SOE in particular died a horrible death thanks to the shitty matchmaking that mostly nullified GGPO.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Skullgirls is draining the little time I have for fighters. That said, I must learn how to auto-correct J.S / j.everything with Magnus. Broken shit for certain. lol

Also, the commentary at Armhouse earlier today had me dieing at work.

*Does some crazy shit*
"YOLO"

Azure J

Oh fuck, I knew I forgot something today. A Thursday without Armshouse commentary is a poor one at best. :(

Meanwhile, why the hell have I been going full on into the Nini Heart confirms when I can cut it to this:

Standard Dante Beginning - j.H - Air Play - j.H - S - Charge Shot (2 shots) - Prop Shredder (you have to delay this a ton, but it's worth it) - Jump Cancel Teleport - Hammer - Assist 2 (Vajira) - instant Million Carats - Million Carats after knockdown - Super for comparative/more damage? This is especially helpful for me who still has a 1 in 9 chance of hitting Bold Cancel Teleports.

Even crazier is if I have meter, there's an extended series I can go into:

...Million Carats xx Devil Trigger - j.S - Call Vajira - Million Carats - Million Carats again xx Million Dollars.

I'm going to see if it's possible to get something going off the Prop Shredder, like a TK'd Million Carats or some Acid Rain loops. I've got a fever and the only cure is more Carats damage.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"Get good kid, you're garbage." A quote that lives in infamy.

I need to re-read those posts lol.

Good times. Good times.

edit-
honestly, it's time to promote panda from the garbage can to the dumpster. this has been a long time coming.

between the choice of talent and trash, you've picked the right choice.

LOL. These are too good. I think he has an obsession with waste.

Solune

Ultimoo is banned.

:lol
Come back soon Ultimoo =(
LOL@ the gif above. I hope Sakamichi no apollon is turning out okay so far. Seeing Watanabe and Yoko Kanno on the same project again is too amazing for my mind to comprehend. One of the guys who did some artwork for Skullgirls is also working on the show and I want the show to be a success.

It's been excellent so far, I'd start watching it if you have time available.

Razor210

Just saw on the leveluplive stream a sick Felicia/Nova reset setup - you pop them in the air, call Nova Centurion assist, and right before it hits...air throw them. That's dirty yo.

Bizazedo

Just saw on the leveluplive stream a sick Felicia/Nova reset setup - you pop them in the air, call Nova Centurion assist, and right before it hits...air throw them. That's dirty yo.

I <3 Nova.

GGs, Frantic. How hard was the new mixup with Zero / Nova reset? Trying to see how often to do it. That and the TAC combo?

Frantic

GGs, Frantic. How hard was the new mixup with Zero / Nova reset? Trying to see how often to do it. That and the TAC combo?
GGs, I started playing horribly after a while. Playing a keepaway game only to get blown up by something really stupid(random buster, Zero's dive thing, Zero/Nova's cr.M) just wears away at my soul after a while. I get blown up by random shit more than legitimate mixups. It's sad. Not to mention I ate several of Zero's dives into cr.M, even when they didn't combo properly. I was blocking, I swear.

I don't know which Zero/Nova reset you're talking about, lol. I'm pretty sure I had already seen everything you did before...

As for the TAC... the combo was good, though I'm pretty sure you can improve it. I hate TACs in general, though. I was trying to tech the entire time, but noooope. >_>

Azure J

GGs, I started playing horribly after a while. Playing a keepaway game only to get blown up by something really stupid(random buster, Zero's dive thing, Zero/Nova's cr.M) just wears away at my soul after a while. I get blown up by random shit more than legitimate mixups. It's sad. Not to mention I ate several of Zero's dives into cr.M, even when they didn't combo properly. I was blocking, I swear.

I don't know which Zero/Nova reset you're talking about, lol. I'm pretty sure I had already seen everything you did before...

As for the TAC... the combo was good, though I'm pretty sure you can improve it. I hate TACs in general, though. I was trying to tech the entire time, but noooope. >_>

I think this is a curse shared by all Dante players. :lol

After playing the most ass games of Marvel I've had since my day 1 experiences, I've been trying to grind out a new combo or two and practice anti air confirms more. Of course, I've only gotten to do the former as I suddenly see 800K on one meter getting closer and closer thinking "I want that real Sparda damage dammit!" :lol

You quit school and work to go to EVO yet Sasa? You and ShinAkuma not going makes me sad :-(

Nah, still looking for a job T_T Even when I do find one, I'll have probation for a while too so I probably won't be going anywhere till Canada Cup in November :/

Next year and maybe one of the other winter majors, though...

Azure J

I'm wondering if there are any other assists besides the Eye of Agamotto/Hyper Grav duo that setup the Soul Drain loop, I feel like Jam Session is one of the answers, but I have no idea what others have the duration necessary.

No, this is not a thinly veiled I can't play Mags or Strange and want a compromise post. :p

Frantic

I think this is a curse shared by all Dante players. :lol
I have my moments of zen where no one can touch me, no mixup can open me up, and all my combos and mixups are 100% perfect, but those times are rare. It's a shame I can't play like that all the time, then I'd be unstoppable. :p

Also, I wanted to point out a combo for you to try with Dante/Strider. After the basic combo leading into Volcano, try j.MH, Killer Bee, cr.H + Vajra assist, launch, Acid Rain, Volcano, j.S. Does much more damage than the variant you're using. You can also do it without using the ground bounce of Killer Bee, but you'll have to do j.H, Air Play, j.H, land, dash forward, s.MH, cr.H + Vajra assist, launch etc. That version builds more meter, but is harder to do. You can do this combo off any Killer Bee(providing hit stun hasn't decayed enough for the launch to whiff). I use it off anti-airs, Hammer, and anything else I get a Killer Bee from. It's a very damaging, easy combo.

Azure J

I have my moments of zen where no one can touch me, no mixup can open me up, and all my combos and mixups are 100% perfect, but those times are rare. It's a shame I can't play like that all the time, then I'd be unstoppable. :p

Also, I wanted to point out a combo for you to try with Dante/Strider. After the basic combo leading into Volcano, try j.MH, Killer Bee, cr.H + Vajra assist, launch, Acid Rain, Volcano, j.S. Does much more damage than the variant you're using. You can also do it without using the ground bounce of Killer Bee, but you'll have to do j.H, Air Play, j.H, land, dash forward, s.MH, cr.H + Vajra assist, launch etc. That version builds more meter, but is harder to do. You can do this combo off any Killer Bee(providing hit stun hasn't decayed enough for the launch to whiff). I use it off anti-airs, Hammer, and anything else I get a Killer Bee from. It's a very damaging, easy combo.

Thanks for the tip, I'll hit the lab later in the day to try some of this out. I wanted to comment on your zen thing though. I know that feel so bad. It's made even worse because I actually can block in this game (a side effect of being a beginner Makoto locked in that "BLOCK. EVERYTHING." mentality versus a rushdown Ryu in SF3/4) and I'll block the craziest shit, but then I get tagged by the derpiest thing ever or just not block that one time and its like your mental fortitude just drops. :lol

I mean seriously, how do you go from ten second perfects to going 1 - 17 on average in one day?

uggh, Dante/Frank/Phoenix is so goooooooooood

why u no magneto

Nah, still looking for a job T_T Even when I do find one, I'll have probation for a while too so I probably won't be going anywhere till Canada Cup in November :/

Next year and maybe one of the other winter majors, though...

Ok, when I get top 8 in Marvel I'll reveal my Canada shirt.

Bizazedo

I think I was more shocked that you didn't try any long range mixups utilizing Vajra / Dante teleport. I kept expecting it, never happened...which gave me leeway to chill at long range and just start launching random busters.

I was stunned, I tell you.

I know what you mean, though. At one point every time I ran into a spammed helm breaker or Hammer, I was seriously questioning my sanity. It's my fault I ran into it and yet it keeps happening. I think I only made the predictable Helm Breaker / Hammer kill Dante a few times, but I kept trying, POORLY, and it's like..wtf, Biz.

At least I've gotten to the point with you where I'm not trying to act tough and take on level 3 Strider, anymore. Well, not all the time.

Yell next time y'see me on :). You were invis or something so I never see you.

Had the best win over a Phoenix team last night. Magneto / Doom / Phoenix, was getting Hidden Missile'd / EM Disruptor'd up, but made a point to Buster Doom every chance I got. He was over half dead by the time Zero went down, but Lensherr was full life.

Out comes Nova, got hit a few times, but he kept calling Doom nonstop and trying to cover Doom with EM Disruptor. Since it was so regular, I anticipated and triggered Tackle before the Disruptor could hit.

BAM got 'em both. 3 hits to each. X-factor! NOVA FORCE.

Doom is dead, Magneto mostly dead. Energy Javelin caught Magneto trying to tech forward after Nova Force, Magneto is now dead, but he's got 4.3 bars of meter. One mixup, Nova hits four times still X-factored, Phoenix dies with a sliver to go to 5 meters.

Hotcakes0007 let the time go and there was no runback.

Yessssssss.....and all I could think of was that damned flowchart lol.

I was gonna say you should return to your original avatar God's Beard. Glad to see you've done that.

I want to play Rocket Raccoon. Where do I start GAF?

I was gonna say you should return to your original avatar God's Beard. Glad to see you've done that.

I want to play Rocket Raccoon. Where do I start GAF?

Well, for starters, you should have a character with a good lockdown assist on the team. Get them to block something->call assist to lock them down->teleport if you need to->boulder trap unblockable.

Also, you should constantly practice your DPs so that you don't get Spitfire instead of Bear Trap and drop combos like I do >__> And while you're at it, practice TKing Spitfire L and comboing out of it, sometimes you'll have to do that instead of Bear Trap if you want to continue a combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom