• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Stick still out of commission (first attempt to fix it failed smh). However, playing on pad isn't entirely terrible. Hell, I play some characters better on pad than I ever did on stick (i.e Spider-Man)

My body is so ready for the Avengers.

Will be wearing my Iron Man shirt to the premier.
I'll be wearing this one.

888-2165-largezoom.jpg

Frantic

I think I was more shocked that you didn't try any long range mixups utilizing Vajra / Dante teleport. I kept expecting it, never happened...which gave me leeway to chill at long range and just start launching random busters.

I was stunned, I tell you.
I was mainly experimenting with a different playstyle than my norm. I wanted to see how you'd deal with more keepaway. It was sort of working at first, but I just needed to switch things up and try more things. Honestly, I've been experimenting a lot with Dante recently, and slowly incorporating various things into my game... but there is still a ton to add. I call it the curse of forty moves.

I know what you mean, though. At one point every time I ran into a spammed helm breaker or Hammer, I was seriously questioning my sanity. It's my fault I ran into it and yet it keeps happening. I think I only made the predictable Helm Breaker / Hammer kill Dante a few times, but I kept trying, POORLY, and it's like..wtf, Biz.
I guess it's mainly why 'derp' is so good. It's like, in this game, the easiest shit is the hardest to block. You don't unerstand how pissed I get whenever I get hit by Nova - I shouldn't get hit by him. I really, really shouldn't. But I do. With Zero, it's like "well that was pretty inevitable", but with Nova it's just... "he's just airdashing forward repeatedly pushing j.f+H and sometimes going for f.H or cr.M on the ground! Without an assist! WHY AM I GETTING HIT?"

I blame the threat of throws.

Yell next time y'see me on :)
Sure. I really need to figure out a strategy that works against your Zero and Nova...

Bizazedo

I guess it's mainly why 'derp' is so good. It's like, in this game, the easiest shit is the hardest to block. You don't unerstand how pissed I get whenever I get hit by Nova - I shouldn't get hit by him. I really, really shouldn't. But I do. With Zero, it's like "well that was pretty inevitable", but with Nova it's just... "he's just airdashing forward repeatedly pushing j.f+H and sometimes going for f.H or cr.M on the ground! Without an assist! WHY AM I GETTING HIT?"

I blame the threat of throws.

Hey now, it works very well with a shadow-cloned Zero assist :). And I punish well.

Serious answer, I think the threat of throws, both airborne and ground, from Nova plays a huge part of it. Even his ground throw is amazing and he can do good damage off it.

That and, honestly? Nova is ridiculously fast. My favorite is still anticipating people like Hawkeye shooting arrows and air dashing (almost) completely across the screen and hitting him with a j.H before he recovers. I think I had Killa Sasa gunning for Nova for that specific reason.

It's so easy to punish people with Nova due to his stupid speed + threat of tackle + throws if your reactions are up to it (and that's always what I lean towards in fighting games, reaction based characters).

That and Tackling zoners. Never gets old.

Frantic said:
Sure. I really need to figure out a strategy that works against your Zero and Nova...

I hate Taskmaster. He's been my bane since vanilla. And it's all due to 1.1 million HP.

Bizazedo

Eh, I really want to figure out how to deal with your team with my main team. I know my team can deal with yours, I just haven't figured it out yet.

I hope you do. Better practice for me :).

Have you thought of snapping in Wesker? Nova's becoming the biggest threat on my team, admittedly, but Wesker is a major combo extension for both Zero and Nova. It's also fairly easy to use Wesker gunshot to help Nova do high / low mixups due to Nova's speed.

Frantic

I hope you do. Better practice for me :).

Have you thought of snapping in Wesker? Nova's becoming the biggest threat on my team, admittedly, but Wesker is a major combo extension for both Zero and Nova. It's also fairly easy to use Wesker gunshot to help Nova do high / low mixups due to Nova's speed.
I was thinking about doing that during out set, actually, but I rarely got the chance to actually try it because I usually got hit first.

I also need to try using snapbacks as an actual attack. It is 2 frames, after all.

Azure J

Dante retard blockstring: crossup box dash H, S xx Hammer

over and over and over

How didn't I think about the box dash part of this?

Also on a similar note, I just love jumping at someone and letting them think air throws are a possibility only to air back dash Hammer. Something about that whole animation is just trollish enough to be endearing in my eyes. :lol

LakeEarth

Yeah I hate that. With Nemesis I used to try to air grab him mid dash, but timing was tight. In the end I just jump and forward tentacle. Shitty damage but it shuts that shit down.

Azure J

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE VERTICAL/HORIZONTAL ACTIVE AREA OF DARK ANGEL?

Seriously, how does a Wall Cling as Strider from full screen away get caught in that bullshit, OH MY GODDDDD

Edit: I think I did myself a disservice learning how to play with dash assigned to one button. Why do these little things always have to come back and bite me in the ass like this? :lol

Dahbomb

Raw Dark Angels?

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?

"Let me put out this 4 meter consuming move that requires that I be in a special state before activating which is extremely unsafe on block WITHOUT ACTUALLY HIT CONFIRMING INTO IT"

Azure J

Just to clarify something, I was jumping at the wall with the Wall Cling command and a good clip above Vergil's height when I got stuffed out of my nshit.

Raw Dark Angels?

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?

"Let me put out this 4 meter consuming move that requires that I be in a special state before activating which is extremely unsafe on block WITHOUT ACTUALLY HIT CONFIRMING INTO IT"

Maaaaan, I'm telling you, I think my curse is I think too high level in these games. What's the point when the scrubbiest shit will come out of nowhere to blow me up? (Hence the last mini back and forth between Frantic & myself.) At this point, I lose matches because I can only go all random to out-random him or lock myself down with a specific gameplan. I can't weave between both at the same time yet, especially while handling the characters I like to play. :lol

That moment is like right up there with watching him activate a raw SGS as Oni in the air in AE and me thinking "easy punish" with an Abare Tosanami from Makoto in AE only for that shit to grab me mid jump animation for the match. :lol

@Frantic - I feel terrible now because of the Round Trip mention. :(

It's not that I don't use it though, just that I can't wrap my head around keeping it charged more than a few times a match. At least I use sword formations and can do stuff involving Air Trick - sj.MHS. :lol

[/still hasn't done much leveling up with Vergil]

As a (salty) side note, Hadangeki assist with Vergil is surprisingly effective, especially if Z's Sougenmu'd.

Frantic

@Frantic - I feel terrible now because of the Round Trip mention. :(

It's not that I don't use it though, just that I can't wrap my head around keeping it charged more than a few times a match. At least I use sword formations and can do stuff involving Air Trick - sj.MHS. :lol
YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

Joking aside, I have some mild trouble with charging it myself. I have LT mapped to L, so I generally hold that while I combo, but I'm pretty terrible at switching charge between buttons, so I'm not charging it all the time. Just half of the time.

Azure J

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

Joking aside, I have some mild trouble with charging it myself. I have LT mapped to L, so I generally hold that while I combo, but I'm pretty terrible at switching charge between buttons, so I'm not charging it all the time. Just half of the time.

I think at this point, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and remap my pad. There's too much shit I'm missing out on because I can't be assed to piano my face buttons.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

smurfx

get some go again
But my fanboy inside is screaming for Shonen vs Capcom. I seriously doubt that that it will be marvel because japanese wouldn't announce marvel expansion first. Color me surprise if they did.
shonen vs capcom in the end is a pipe dream that will never come out for a couple of reasons. the game will be a licensing headache in japan and the u.s also presents several problems with different companies owning the videogame rights to the mangas. if the game is japan only then its already in huge trouble. unless its released as an arcade game then it won't really sell that well as the recent console capcom fighters haven't really done so well there.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
And if it does come over, it'll likely have all the characters most people care about taken out. Since Bamco has DBZ and other stuff.

So it's probably easier for them to just not make that game and work on something else.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Raw Dark Angels?

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?

Cause...YOLO!

I hope it's JoJo. I just don't see it being Shonen vs Capcom. Would love for that to be the case tho. >.>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shonen vs capcom in the end is a pipe dream that will never come out for a couple of reasons. the game will be a licensing headache in japan and the u.s also presents several problems with different companies owning the videogame rights to the mangas. if the game is japan only then its already in huge trouble. unless its released as an arcade game then it won't really sell that well as the recent console capcom fighters haven't really done so well there.

I know but if it's going to happens then I will be psyched but I'm not going to get hype until I know whole rosters. If it's going to happens then there will be missing characters for sure.

Azure J

So I'm working on Vergil just because I feel like I've neglected the other brother and I kinda want to know if any of these potential resets have a future:

Judgement Cut L xx Spiral Swords - Lunar Phase - S - TK Sword Crown formation
Judgement Cut L xx Spiral Swords - Rapid Slash - [wait until they flip over Vergil] - Sword Crown

I'm particularly fond of the first one because they get knocked into the air high enough that the sword crown is hard to notice without the audio cue. Couple that with some initial dash unders and they can come down not blocking or pushing the wrong buttons when the swords start to fall. Issue with this all is, something about my timing is off or [when omitting the S input] Lunar Phase with swords on eats up the time I have to input the Sword Crown input afterwards.

Nert

Just put in some more time online and I'm starting to think that Firebrand is my favorite character to play. Especially with Air Bon Voyage's advantage on block, it's so easy to open people up with him. I don't really mind his low damage output because he's one of the few characters that I can pull off full combos with (with Viewtiful Joe, I can barely move past basic air series into two red hot kicks and a tag).

And yeah, he easily has the best idle animation in the game.

Onemic

finally spending some quality time with zero and man is the use of charge buster incredibly frustrating to get down. Having to constantly have buster charging at all times makes simple combos incredibly difficult to do, as I'm not used to having to hold one button down at all times(and switching between holding L and H depending on what chain of the combo I'm in) I have no idea how long it will take before I get used to this...

Tobe

finally spending some quality time with zero and man is the use of charge buster incredibly frustrating to get down. Having to constantly have buster charging at all times makes simple combos incredibly difficult to do, as I'm not used to having to hold one button down at all times(and switching between holding L and H depending on what chain of the combo I'm in) I have no idea how long it will take before I get used to this...

actually there is not much need to constantly change the charge button. remember that zero starts combos off a cr.M instead of cr.L

Onemic

actually there is not much need to constantly change the charge button. remember that zero starts combos off a cr.M instead of cr.L

Yes, but when when you go to s.H and fwd H you need to change the charge button from L to H and then back to L again when you go back to cr.L

I'm doing this combo:
c.M, H, f+H, c.L, c.M, H, f+H, S, sj.M,M,H,S, j.qcf:+:H, (OTG) xx lv.3 Buster, j.dp:+L,S, sj.M,M,H,S

Azure J

Why couldn't we have more than 3 preset team slots to use in this game? I'm motivated to make a Zero team that isn't Team Anime, and my first attempt is Zero (Hadangeki)/Dante (Jam Session)/Phoenix (TK Shot/Overdrive) [btw, what do you all think of this one], but this means that my Felicia team (re: team with Felicia on it) is getting bumped out of a slot. I've already thought about putting Felicia in Phoenix's position, but I don't know what she'd give Zero as a team mate so I've opted against it. I fucking love that pussy though. Rolling Buckler - Slide is so damn awesome, it's like we're playing Sonic 3 during a match. :lol

Too many options, not enough decisions... And time to play them all. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have this REALLY bad habit on stick of pushing buttons before the input is over, leading me to get a bunch of Down, Down-Forward, LMH, Forward kind of input readings. It's screwing up everything, I can't even do hadoukens right D:

Azure J

lol team presets.

teamreserve.jpg

I actually saw that before when I took a peek at some of the teams setup by the few of you I have added to my XBL friends list. It's still amazing though. :lol

Edit: Felicia alt image reminds me, we should have gotten Marilyn Monroe Felicia as an alt.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I actually saw that before when I took a peek at some of the teams setup by the few of you I have added to my XBL friends list. It's still amazing though. :lol

Edit: Felicia alt image reminds me, we should have gotten Marilyn Monroe Felicia as an alt.

Does Japan even know who that is?

kirblar

I really hope that if the post-EVO patch happens, that Dr. Doom's loops get hit with the nerf bat. He's the closest thing to Vanilla Dante in this game by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom