• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, some are a little longer than others. Not enough to be an issue generally speaking, but if you practice certain setups for the beginning of the match it causes problems with some combos.

Onemic

Zero's combo are pretty standard. What are you having trouble with?

c.M, H, f+H, c.L, c.M, H, f+H, S, sj.M,M,H,S, j.qcf:+:H, (OTG) xx lv.3 Buster, j.dp:+L,S, sj.M,M,H,S

keeping buster charged at all times is what is making it hard. Having to switch between holding down L and H during the combo to keep buster charged is tricky as hell. After practicing for like 2 hours straight I'm beginning to get the hang of it, but man is that aspect of his game frustrating to get down well compared to most other characters bnb's.

Dahbomb

Don't worry about doing the cr.L link, just go straight into it with cr.M H f+H MMHS QCF+H Buster Release Lightning L S MMHS.

Just practice combos that only involve holding down the L button. Play the entire match with Zero without having to use the L button outside of that Lighting L that you use in combos.

Grecco

This is completely old news and what not but i noticed that Taskmasters counter super is now just 1 bar right?

his counter super used to be 2 bars in vanilla i think?

Onemic

Don't worry about doing the cr.L link, just go straight into it with cr.M H f+H MMHS QCF+H Buster Release Lightning L S MMHS.

Just practice combos that only involve holding down the L button. Play the entire match with Zero without having to use the L button outside of that Lighting L that you use in combos.

Thanks, that should make things much easier. linking with cr.L requires pretty much perfect execution to pull off, it's ridiculous.

I really hope that if the post-EVO patch happens, that Dr. Doom's loops get hit with the nerf bat. He's the closest thing to Vanilla Dante in this game by a mile.
Doom is fine in every way. Characters should strive to be him in balance, much like Dormammu (except Dormammu should get better assists!).

Ok, quick question, how do I get the knockdown with Nova's DP super? I thought it was just DHCing before it was over, but apparently it's not that easy :/

Also, does anyone want to have some warm up matches with me before I go to our weekly tourney?

Doom is fine in every way. Characters should strive to be him in balance, much like Dormammu (except Dormammu should get better assists!).
His j.S is way too good a button. It shouldn't have that much leeway for combos. Everything else about him is absolutely fine. I wouldn't complain if they left him exactly the same in a hypothetical Pringles version though. He isn't mobile enough to make it stupid broken and there are larger fish to fry.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok, quick question, how do I get the knockdown with Nova's DP super? I thought it was just DHCing before it was over, but apparently it's not that easy :/

Also, does anyone want to have some warm up matches with me before I go to our weekly tourney?

DHC before the last hit. Look the the combo count to help. Since Nova's super racks up hits very fast, I DHC 10 or so hits before the last.

smurfx

get some go again
This is completely old news and what not but i noticed that Taskmasters counter super is now just 1 bar right?

his counter super used to be 2 bars in vanilla i think?
wait you're a task user and you thought his counter was 2 bars?

Joekage

What's up guys, this is cHaotix posting on Joe's account. Just want to give you guys a heads up that Boom Gorillas is streaming Texas Bar Fights round VIII today. We have a lot of top talent from all over Texas, as well as Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas in the building. The lineup includes AE2012, UMVC3, SFXT, Skull Girls, KOF, SCV and BB. It's gonna be a great tourn out with a pretty accurate representation of southern talent, so it'd mean a lot to us if you could come and check it out for a bit.

Boom Gorillas is also doing a promotion today where if you donate 20 bucks to the stream, you'll receive a "Boom Bundle", which includes a shirt, 2 buttons and stickers (the shirt is pretty baller by the way). Thanks again GAF!

Dahbomb

Doom's damage and meter build is way too good. The j.S puts him over the top along with his 3 excellent assists.

Either they fix the hit box of the j.S foot dive or they reduce the number of loops he can do. Other than that he is totally fine. I do agree that more characters should be like Doom/Iron Man in that they have multiple good assists to bring to the table and also be legit characters on point.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Doom's damage and meter build is way too good. The j.S puts him over the top along with his 3 excellent assists.

Either they fix the hit box of the j.S foot dive or they reduce the number of loops he can do. Other than that he is totally fine. I do agree that more characters should be like Doom/Iron Man in that they have multiple good assists to bring to the table and also be legit characters on point.

What?

Yeah I agree with the Doom stuff. I just thought comparing him to Vanilla Dante is bizarre.

keeping buster charged at all times is what is making it hard. Having to switch between holding down L and H during the combo to keep buster charged is tricky as hell. After practicing for like 2 hours straight I'm beginning to get the hang of it, but man is that aspect of his game frustrating to get down well compared to most other characters bnb's.

c.M, H, f+H, c.L, c.M, H, f+H, S, sj.M,M,H,S, j.qcf:+:H, (OTG) xx lv.3 Buster, j.dp:+L,S, sj.M,M,H,S

^ Switching fingers to charge becomes second nature after a while so don't worry I can that in my sleep now. As for the combo is concerned.

You don't really need that second loop after f + H. You be better off doing something like c. M, H, f +H, S sj. M, M, H, S j. qcf + H, xx buster, Raikousen (L), S, Sj. M, M, H, S j. qcf +h, xx buster, Raikousen (L), Sougenmu > lighting loops.

^

If you don't want to go into lighting loops,then after the Raikousen you can keep it going if you have an assist like Dante's Jam Sessions, Vergil rapid slash, or Spencer's Slant hook etc...

Also if you're using a different assist that make hit stun deteriorate faster you want to skip the second air MMHS, and do something like d.H, S or any other variations so they don't pop out. Everyone has their own unique way. For example I've seen Chrisis do buster > raikousen into DP so they are airborn for the strider assist to give him another knockdown. Meep doesn't even do the first buster/ lighting but he just calls x-23 assist then does buster raikousen into lighting loops.

So just beware of hit stun for your team.

I totally disagree with this. If you're going to play Zero at the highest level you have to learn how to switch charge with different buttons. One reason Marn's Zero was so different than everyone else in Vanilla (and even to this day) is that he does something very few Zeros do. He does jump command dash down (uses L) then goes low. When people see you jump they automatically stand up to block the overhead. It's the same concept as empty jump low in SF4. You see Mike Ross does it all the time with Honda. Empty jump low jab xx hands and it has been working forever.

Dahbomb

I totally disagree with this. If you're going to play Zero at the highest level you have to learn how to switch charge with different buttons. One reason Marn's Zero was so different than everyone else in Vanilla (and even to this day) is that he does something very few Zeros do. He does jump command dash down (uses L) then goes low. When people see you jump they automatically stand up to block the overhead.
I wasn't talking about never using charge switching, I meant starting out it's better to just use the L button to charge for learning purposes. Eventually you do need to learn how to switch but you can EASILY get by without using charge switches at intermediate or below level.

And Mihe uses that same mix up as well (command dash L in the air into cr.M).

What?

Yeah I agree with the Doom stuff. I just thought comparing him to Vanilla Dante is bizarre
Who compared him to Vanilla Dante?

Iron Man is a legit point character for sure. Come at me Marvel GAF.

I wasn't talking about never using charge switching, I said starting out it's better to just use the L button to charge for learning purposes. Eventually you do need to learn how to switch but you can EASILY get by without using charge switches at intermediate or below level.

And Mihe uses that same mix up as well (command dash L in the air into cr.M).

Who compared him to Vanilla Dante?

Iron Man is a legit point character for sure. Come at me Marvel GAF.

Well of course Mihe has the best Zero right now. But for the first two years Marn was basically the only one that was doing that (on stream at least). Just the problem I have is that if you only focus on holding L combos, eventually it subconsciously becomes a bad habit.

Thanks, that should make things much easier. linking with cr.L requires pretty much perfect execution to pull off, it's ridiculous.

It's not that hard doing it in your living room, but in tournament you rarely see anyone doing it and when they do it they usually call like Ammy assist to make the link easier. So yea it's pretty useless you don't have a combo that bring the character from one side of the screen to the other screen.

Onemic

Well of course Mihe has the best Zero right now. But for the first two years Marn was basically the only one that was doing that (on stream at least). Just the problem I have is that if you only focus on holding L combos, eventually it subconsciously becomes a bad habit.

It's not that hard doing it in your living room, but in tournament you rarely see anyone doing it and when they do it they usually call like Ammy assist to make the link easier. So yea it's pretty useless you don't have a combo that bring the character from one side of the screen to the other screen.

So in tourny play zero players usually only charge using L only?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

kirblar

I didn't mean to compare them in play style/dominance/cheapness or anything, but was referencing the "Oh, I just got hit by you, I guess I can take a bathroom break now while you do your combo" factor.

Dahbomb

Justin Wong's article on Team composition for Marvel:

http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/20...ter-6-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-dedication/

Ghost Rider/Doom/Akuma is a legit GR team. Have tried it myself. Still don't think Ghost Rider is that good but if you want to play him then that's one of the best teams for him. Alternatively you can replace Akuma with a low hitting assist for unblockables (like Deadpool, She Hulk, Felicia). Preferably a low hitting assist with lots of range.

LMAO @ Phoenix Wright under "safe rush" indicating that he has some semblance of "Rushdown" capability.

kirblar

Justin Wong's article on Team composition for Marvel:

http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/20...ter-6-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-dedication/

Ghost Rider/Doom/Akuma is a legit GR team. Have tried it myself. Still don't think Ghost Rider is that good but if you want to play him then that's one of the best teams for him. Alternatively you can replace Akuma with a low hitting assist for unblockables (like Deadpool, She Hulk, Felicia). Preferably a low hitting assist with lots of range.

LMAO @ Phoenix Wright under "safe rush" indicating that he has some semblance of "Rushdown" capability.
"Safe Rush" is such a bizarre choice of terminology.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm trying to get Frank to lv5 in one combo, so his qcb super.

Oh in that case just DHC once you see the combo counter get to 50 or so. Take the snapshot, call Nova's Groundbounce assist, then take another snap shot.

If you pick PW you are in a RUSH to hear the announcer say "DOWN"

Onemic

so there really is no point in learning to switch then? At least until I get to a point where I've completely mastered zero? I've already got the hang of it, though I know I wouldn't be able to use it practically outside of training mode.

so there really is no point in learning to switch then? At least until I get to a point where I've completely mastered zero? I've already got the hang of it, though I know I wouldn't be able to use it practically outside of training mode.

Well, I wouldn‘t call it a necessity, but it‘s not a bad thing to know.

Oh in that case just DHC once you see the combo counter get to 50 or so. Take the snapshot, call Nova's Groundbounce assist, then take another snap shot.

If you pick PW you are in a RUSH to hear the announcer say "DOWN"

Oh, right, assist. I keep forgetting you can call the one you DHC‘d out of.

And ouch XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom