• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Her assist is top tier for sure. That is more valuable on some teams than her point capability. But Hsien Ko as point character? LOL NO... that character is bad on point. Not unplayable or unwinnable but not oppressive, top tier potential stuff. She does have mix ups, both right/left, instant overheads and a command throw plus normals that can space out rushdown but her main problem is her bad mobility and inability to deal with consistent zoning among other legit problems. You aren't going to see LLND call her top 5 even though he plays her. He plays her because he's a fan of the character, the guy has a Hsien Ko necklace he was rocking at SCR.

Also I no longer think Phoenix Wright is worst in the game. He has legit set ups that can open you up including a self unblockable set up. Against certain teams a TA PW is basically a guarantee win. If they fix his evidence and increase the time he is in TA, he could actually be a lethal character.

I think i just ran into the stupidest Strider player in the world.

I set up Spring Trap with Raccoon, he Vajras into it. I set another one, he Vajras into it again. This actually kept happening until he died.

Dahbomb

Why is Hsien-Ko even in this game? I was watching VS at PowerUp and I'd take nearly any of those characters over her.
Hsien Ko in VS is super legit though, she actually has pressure, zoning and scare factor. Her speed in VS is about 3x that in MVC3, bringing up Hsien Ko to her VS self would at bare minimum mean giving her cancellable swings and XFLVL3 speed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think i just ran into the stupidest Strider player in the world.

I set up Spring Trap with Raccoon, he Vajras into it. I set another one, he Vajras into it again. This actually kept happening until he died.

I love when people don't learn like that. Plasma Beam doesn't beat Piercing Bolt the first time it certainly doesn't the 7th.

Sigmaah

Ghost Rider/Akuma/Skrull TECHNOLOGY!!!

I'm loving this team, Skrull's Tenderizer works really great with GR. I can also combo off of Tatsu if I'm not too far away. Ghost Rider's really not that bad of a character, He does need some buffs though. I want more hitstun off of j.S!!!

A Hawkeye tried to Gimlet my Gamma Crush...on the way up. That's not really why I thought it was funny though. It was mainly Hawkeye's chuckle after he fires the arrow, followed by Hulk crashing down to earth on him.

Solune

Why is Hsien-Ko even in this game? I was watching VS at PowerUp and I'd take nearly any of those characters over her.

Well the funny thing is, Anarkis is considered to be in the lower end of the tier spectrum in VS, but Mar was wrecking shit with him. The type of play shown at Powerup really isn't indicative of what Hsien-Ko is capable of. Although alot of the cast would be promising in marvel, Jedah, Sasquatch, Rikuo, Talbain etc.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anakaris isn't just "low tier" in VS. He's considered borderline unusable (and is the only character with that distinction).

He's the only character in the game who can't pushblock, can't normal throw, and has to spend meter to alpha counter. Yet Mar just does his thing regardless.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
X-23 in XF3 is so scary. I try and pushblock to get her the hell off me but she has that QCF H command throw that might as well be invisible in xfactor.

I need help picking an anchor for Nemesis/Wesker/_______. I've been using Arthur because lol Dark Arthur, but I found myself really liking how well Nemesis and Wesker go together.

Great games as usual, Killer Sasa. I loved the added modification of utilizing X-23 like I do Nova with the threat of DHC'ng into her.

We also had some craaaaaaaazy stuff happen in some of those matches, definite wtf lol worthy.

I think my favorite thing fighting your team is how great of a practice it is blocking / dodging / general movement against it.

Hahaha awesome games man.

That's one of my fave things about my team -- the full screen bullshit delayed DHC's they have are pretty effective if people flinch.

I did a better job not getting clipped by lightning as much, now to adjust to dat buster. You keep me on my toes with the really good stuff in the game lol. Beefy hitboxes, solid movement and air throw heat seeking.

Some moments were just Dallas. Just utter WTF, but that's one of the things I like most about the game so I'll deal. And it worked in my favour a good chunk of the time too :p

I have to pick Spider-Man's spots much better against your Zero, your L3 Busters were pretty hectic. Also, I think I might put Spider-Man in the back more, that web ball assist did work lol

Sigmaah

yeah, GR/Akuma/Skrull aint working online.... ill save them for offline.

I also FUCKING LOVE playing people were for some odd reason, I start comboing them and the game lags bad, they combo me, no lag.

I'd rather take Zabel, but people would be screaming for nerfs after a month if he were buffed for a Mahvel game.
Well the funny thing is, Anarkis is considered to be in the lower end of the tier spectrum in VS, but Mar was wrecking shit with him. The type of play shown at Powerup really isn't indicative of what Hsien-Ko is capable of. Although alot of the cast would be promising in marvel, Jedah, Sasquatch, Rikuo, Talbain etc.
Kajoq is one of the best Hsien-Ko players in the world and he was the one that actually took out Mar despite him owning the shit out of Actionhank who just ran a train on Kajoq's Lei Lei. Just so happens that Fish can be hard to deal with for Hsien-Ko. You also have to remember that he did take second place with her. That is hardly an easy feat considering some of the guys he had to fight. Thank God Floe wasn't there to understand everything with Sasquatch. >.>
Anakaris isn't just "low tier" in VS. He's considered borderline unusable (and is the only character with that distinction).

He's the only character in the game who can't pushblock, can't normal throw, and has to spend meter to alpha counter. Yet Mar just does his thing regardless.
Watching Mar dismantle fish that way was kind of scary. It seemed so methodical and calculating...

Azure J

Thanks guys, now I want to watch the Vampire Saviour footage again instead of trying to level up my approach game some.

Why I get frustrated whenever Stinger - Million Stabs is out is beyond me... I hate fraud tactics. :lol

Tobe

Hsien Ko in VS is super legit though, she actually has pressure, zoning and scare factor. Her speed in VS is about 3x that in MVC3, bringing up Hsien Ko to her VS self would at bare minimum mean giving her cancellable swings and XFLVL3 speed.

also a jump cancellable normals for awesome instant overheads

mighty mar <3 <3 <3

I'd rather take Zabel, but people would be screaming for nerfs after a month if he were buffed for a Mahvel game.

Kajoq is one of the best Hsien-Ko players in the world and he was the one that actually took out Mar despite him owning the shit out of Actionhank who just ran a train on Kajoq's Lei Lei. Just so happens that Fish can be hard to deal with for Hsien-Ko. You also have to remember that he did take second place with her. That is hardly an easy feat considering some of the guys he had to fight. Thank God Floe wasn't there to understand everything with Sasquatch. >.>

Watching Mar dismantle fish that way was kind of scary. It seemed so methodical and calculating...

i fucking hate fish, stupid character.

Mar is just an awesome player, his level of yomi is fucking out of this world, he make such calculated guesses, you just dont know man.

so hum.......SASQUATCH for UMVC3 X

smurfx

get some go again
fuck why does haggar always, always pick up the assist character in a happy birthday when i use rapid fire fist. shit's fucking annoying.

Jedah in Marvel 3 is basically just Dante with no wavedash and all of his specials are traded in for 6 versions of a better Air Play and air light attacks that float him. And a couple weird command grabs.

DR2K

Banned
fuck why does haggar always, always pick up the assist character in a happy birthday when i use rapid fire fist. shit's fucking annoying.

Assist envy.

Jedah in Marvel 3 is basically just Dante with no wavedash and all of his specials are traded in for 6 versions of a better Air Play and air light attacks that float him. And a couple weird command grabs.

So nothing like Dante.

Assist envy.

So nothing like Dante.

If you ever play a Dante that does box dash H and Air Play all day, it's 90% the same thing. Jedah is just better at it because it's basically all he does. That said, Jedah is my favorite Vampire character, and the only one I can bring myself to play.

smurfx

get some go again
alright i'm starting to get better at timing my hawkeye/task arrows so characters can't approach me and i chip the hell out of them. i still need a ton of work but as long as i keep improving its all good.

So, after months of excuses and being busy, I finally sat down and hammered out the fatal claw loop tonight. TOD anything below 950k for 2 bars.

This is a thing I'm okay with.

Onemic

I'm about to punch a wall here. I've been trying to figure out the beginning of taskmasters bnb combo and my problem comes after the second web swing where you have to go S, land, then follow it up with M. It seems like it should be simple, but the guy always recovers before my M becomes active. I've tried doing the web swings earlier and that just totally shuts down the whole combo as I can't reach him with MMS. I've gotten it a few times, but it's not like with other characters where I can get a good gauge as to what I did right and why it worked. It just works randomly maybe 1/10th of the time. It's making me go nuts.

So potentially Hsien-ko can be top tier if in the right hands???

I think LLND back in vanilla put Hsien-Ko a few characters above bottom. If he doesn't consider Hsien-ko to be top tier anyone who remotely considers her to be top tier needs to be send to an asylum.

Tobe

THEORY FIGHTERS GATHER!!!!

so ive been thinking of skrull/ammy/someone with an otg super or spencer.

i cant explain myself why i think the team would be really good but i do think its a really solid team.

Dahbomb, GB get on it.

skrull with orbital grudge and ammy with obviously cold stars. tho im open for suggestions on skrull

Funny, I was just about to ask about Skrull. I'm trying to think of what assist I should use for him on Anchor since I've got Nemesis and Wesker in front of him. Maybe Tenderizer for incoming stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Funny, I was just about to ask about Skrull. I'm trying to think of what assist I should use for him on Anchor since I've got Nemesis and Wesker in front of him. Maybe Tenderizer for incoming stuff.
Tenderizer isn't very safe and should be used for combo extensions primarily (b/c of knockdown properties), not for an AA. For AA you want Orbital Grudge, which is much better all around and has some armor IIRC.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm about to punch a wall here. I've been trying to figure out the beginning of taskmasters bnb combo and my problem comes after the second web swing where you have to go S, land, then follow it up with M. It seems like it should be simple, but the guy always recovers before my M becomes active. I've tried doing the web swings earlier and that just totally shuts down the whole combo as I can't reach him with MMS. I've gotten it a few times, but it's not like with other characters where I can get a good gauge as to what I did right and why it worked. It just works randomly maybe 1/10th of the time. It's making me go nuts.
Delay the hits immediately following the 2nd web swing. IIRC, you should do the air MMS when Taskmaster and the opponent are at roughly the same height. Experiment a little by adjusting the time a little earlier and a little later and see which works best.

The video you posted wasn't for Ultimate. Here's a better one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCa-ZuzHI6Y

i cant explain myself why i think the team would be really good but i do think its a really solid team.

Dahbomb, GB get on it.

skrull with orbital grudge and ammy with obviously cold stars. tho im open for suggestions on skrull

Firebrand/Skrull(tenderizer)/Amaterasu(Cold Star)

Onemic

Delay the hits immediately following the 2nd web swing. IIRC, you should do the air MMS when Taskmaster and the opponent are at roughly the same height. Experiment a little by adjusting the time a little earlier and a little later and see which works best.

The video you posted wasn't for Ultimate. Here's a better one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCa-ZuzHI6Y

Tried and to no avail. When I delay the hits usually task just whiffs everything or the same thing happens with the opponent recovering before M has any active frames. The margin of error is so small for the combo its insane. I thought Task was supposed to be a lower exhaustion character. Right now he looks much higher execution than both zero and Dante. At least for them I could see where exactly I was messing up -____-

I'm gonna give up for today and try again tomorrow before I break something.

Tried and to no avail. When I delay the hits usually task just whiffs everything or the same thing happens with the opponent recovering before M has any active frames. The margin of error is so small for the combo its insane. I thought Task was supposed to be a lower exhaustion character. Right now he looks much higher execution than both zero and Dante. At least for them I could see where exactly I was messing up -____-

I'm gonna give up for today and try again tomorrow before I break something.
Consider designing an alternate bnb for yourself. Even most pros don't do his best combos.

smurfx

get some go again
i can do some of tasks harder bnb combos easy offline but online its freaking impossible. even simpler stuff gets screwed up thanks to lag. i usually just go with simpler stuff.

Azure J

Day 1-ish with Zero and I already have a few questions I feel like I should ask:

- Is it worth learning Zero in your opinion if you know you aren't going for Lightning Loop stuff? It's not that I won't grind it out eventually, I just know that right now I'm barely getting to the part where my shoryu inputs are consistant on 360 pad and TKing those Raikosen Ls is going to be a test for me even after I feel confident in doing the motion.

- Currently running Ryuenjin assist to take advantage of invincible crossover counter into Sougenmu cancel, but considering my safest DHC pattern (and most beneficial) is Sougenmu into Dante Devil Trigger, I'm wondering if I should try Hadangeki.

- (Lightning Loop aside) Where exactly does his big damage come from? I'm probably going to hit SRK threads on this one, but it can't hurt to ask some of you guys here for solid advice on BnBs and a mindset to work off of.

smurfx

get some go again
i dropped zero because i feel like you have to build your team around him. taskmaster and haggar were more important to me so i finally went with hawkeye who could help me zone better. zero has good zoning but its not as good as hawkeye imo. if you don't do the harder zero combos then what's the point? he doesn't deal much damage if you go with simple combos.

Onemic

Consider designing an alternate bnb for yourself. Even most pros don't do his best combos.

Okay well I decided to try it again and I seem to be more effective at it. I'm starting to see where I might be messing up. I think it might be when M is to be pressed when I land. the timing has to be exact and you can't mash it on your way down right? If so then I think that may be why I keep messing up. I'm just hitting M slightly too late. Now I'm getting it around 1/3 of the time :D

EDIt: Yup, it's totally the timing on M when you land. I can now put mind mind at ease and not go insane.

i can do some of tasks harder bnb combos easy offline but online its freaking impossible. even simpler stuff gets screwed up thanks to lag. i usually just go with simpler stuff.

Like what? The one I'm doing is his beginner combo

Azure J

i dropped zero because i feel like you have to build your team around him. taskmaster and haggar were more important to me so i finally went with hawkeye who could help me zone better. zero has good zoning but its not as good as hawkeye imo. if you don't do the harder zero combos then what's the point? he doesn't deal much damage if you go with simple combos.

I figured as much. I'll still grind it out just for the character/franchise loyalties (don't laugh), but it'll probably be the last thing on my mind given how much you have to put towards his max damage. I'll get by though, mixups are what I prefer before raw damage and he's got them in spades.

Onemic

I figured as much. I'll still grind it out just for the character/franchise loyalties (don't laugh), but it'll probably be the last thing on my mind given how much you have to put towards his max damage. I'll get by though, mixups are what I prefer before raw damage and he's got them in spades.

This is the only reason why I want to learn him. <3 megaman

Azure J

This is the only reason why I want to learn him. <3 megaman

Haha, I'm a sucker for anything Megaman, Darkstalkers, or Devil May Cry really. Marvel might make me go back and potentially develop some new loves on the Capcom side of things though, especially with Strider and Amaterasu. :p

Some new cool shit fom Alioune. umvc3 magneto/morrigan/phoenix combo.

He literally builds 4 bars and has dark phoenix ready after one combo starting from Magnetos grab. It also incorporates the Morrigan TAC glitch found by Anotak which you can see here.

Such a crazy interesting team composition, I wonder what inspired it. That being said:

Technology.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, GB get on it.

You want Firebrand with that team... on point for sure. Skrull on Tenderizer for Unblockables.

GB beat me to it though.

If you want a team based around Skrull on point, then you need a screen filler assist. I recommend Doom either on Rocks or Hidden Missiles 2nd with Ammy at the back.

Some new cool shit fom Alioune. umvc3 magneto/morrigan/phoenix combo.

He literally builds 4 bars and has dark phoenix ready after one combo starting from Magnetos grab. It also incorporates the Morrigan TAC glitch found by Anotak which you can see here.
That background music sounds like its from a DMC game. I can't put my finger on it but I have heard it before.

Cool technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom