• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

That background music sounds like its from a DMC game. I can't put my finger on it but I have heard it before.
I feel like it's one of the Mundus battles, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I've been messing around with Stinger + Rapid Slash assist, and I've come up with some pretty neat stuff. Mid-screen, Stinger + Rapid Slash > Hysterics is a nice way to push someone full screen, and then have either an immediate teleport mixup, or a way to lock them down long enough for Dante to start chucking even more projectiles. Then, in the corner there is Stinger + Rapid Slash > Acid Rain that serves similar purposes. It's really dirty stuff.

- (Lightning Loop aside) Where exactly does his big damage come from? I'm probably going to hit SRK threads on this one, but it can't hurt to ask some of you guys here for solid advice on BnBs and a mindset to work off of.

His big damage comes from his stupid 20% normal and 30% special minimum damage scaling, ridiculously and unfairly high for a character of his type. Ammy and Joe in comparision has 10% normal and 20% special, while Strider has a laughably pathetic 3% normal and 7% special. So pretty much any long extended combo for him does good damage, and even worse he's not Haggar and it's not like you have to one touch kill with him every time. Starting with him you should just have fun and screw trying to do 1 million damage, you can always take your time to learn his more stupid combos which hopefully will have their damage reduced sometime soon.

Azure J

That background music sounds like its from a DMC game. I can't put my finger on it but I have heard it before.

Arkham Battle 1.

What's your team comp?

Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Phoenix (TK Shot)

I've been messing around with Stinger + Rapid Slash assist, and I've come up with some pretty neat stuff. Mid-screen, Stinger + Rapid Slash > Hysterics is a nice way to push someone full screen, and then have either an immediate teleport mixup, or a way to lock them down long enough for Dante to start chucking even more projectiles. Then, in the corner there is Stinger + Rapid Slash > Acid Rain that serves similar purposes. It's really dirty stuff.

I feel like after getting a hit off with the former, you can go into Grapple and abuse the spinning state the Grappled character is in after a Devil Trigger to Devil Trigger DHC for shenanigans.

Grecco

Day 1-ish with Zero and I already have a few questions I feel like I should ask:

- Is it worth learning Zero in your opinion if you know you aren't going for Lightning Loop stuff? It's not that I won't grind it out eventually, I just know that right now I'm barely getting to the part where my shoryu inputs are consistant on 360 pad and TKing those Raikosen Ls is going to be a test for me even after I feel confident in doing the motion.

- Currently running Ryuenjin assist to take advantage of invincible crossover counter into Sougenmu cancel, but considering my safest DHC pattern (and most beneficial) is Sougenmu into Dante Devil Trigger, I'm wondering if I should try Hadangeki.

- (Lightning Loop aside) Where exactly does his big damage come from? I'm probably going to hit SRK threads on this one, but it can't hurt to ask some of you guys here for solid advice on BnBs and a mindset to work off of.

You probably should still do MMHS divekick canceled into buster into Lighning x2 deals decent damage

Frantic

I feel like after getting a hit off with the former, you can go into Grapple and abuse the spinning state the Grappled character is in after a Devil Trigger to Devil Trigger DHC for shenanigans.
To do this, you'd have to call Rapid Slash a bit earlier than the Stinger itself, and delay the Grapple a bit. It's pretty neat to do, but I find it more trouble than its worth, lol.

Bizazedo

Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Phoenix (TK Shot)

Well, with Phoenix, and if you want to stay away from lightning loops, if you time it right, you can do cr. M, st. H, Forward H, Phoenix Assist, cr. M, st. H, Forward H, Launcher, j. M, j. M, j. H, release buster, L lightning, (if in corner), cr. H, Forward H (all 3 hits) into whatever standard end Dante Jam session is with Zero.

Might need to modify it slightly as I've never used Dante myself, but I know he goes along VERY well with Zero. There's definite reset potential at the end there, too, and it builds a lot of meter.

As for TK shot, I toyed with a Zero / Wesker / Phoenix team, but I can't remember when to call her TK shot. It's either the second or last hit of the first standing C or in between the standing C / forward C. I think it also misses on people like Arthur or Raccoon.

Killa Sasa said:
I did a better job not getting clipped by lightning as much, now to adjust to dat buster. You keep me on my toes with the really good stuff in the game lol. Beefy hitboxes, solid movement and air throw heat seeking.

I just enjoy it, visually, watching Zero dance between Spider-man and Hawkeye, since a lot of the misses or blocks are razor close. Or the BS that is Zero's crouching M, how it hits behind him ever so briefly, but I used it a few times to nick Hawkeye to prevent the left / right mixup while attacking Spidey on the opposite side.

It just looked awesome / was neat for the imagination of Zero frantically stabbing / swinging to evade the webslinger.

As for air throws..man, I swear Spidey is as good at them as Nova. Can't wait for the next one, though, I was playing with my buddy Kinderparty and picked up some new Nova tech :).

Azure J

You probably should still do MMHS divekick canceled into buster into Lighning x2 deals decent damage

This is the one I was practicing most. I'm good enough to hit it somewhat OK up until I need to fire the second buster (usually because I forgot to hold the charge again asap). The other one I've been trying to grind out is:

s.M - s.H - f.H - S - M - M - Raikousen H xx Lvl. 3 Buster - Raikosen L/Sentsuizan M (whiff) (I'm trying to get in some more damage and float with the former, the latter is if you just want to get to the ground ASAP for followup) - H - f.H - S - j.M - j.M.... (Air series stuff).

Shit just looks so cool. :lol

Well, with Phoenix, and if you want to stay away from lightning loops, if you time it right, you can do cr. M, st. H, Forward H, Phoenix Assist, cr. M, st. H, Forward H, Launcher, j. M, j. M, j. H, release buster, L lightning, (if in corner), cr. H, Forward H (all 3 hits) into whatever standard end Dante Jam session is with Zero.

Might need to modify it slightly as I've never used Dante myself, but I know he goes along VERY well with Zero. There's definite reset potential at the end there, too, and it builds a lot of meter.

As for TK shot, I toyed with a Zero / Wesker / Phoenix team, but I can't remember when to call her TK shot. It's either the second or last hit of the first standing C or in between the standing C / forward C. I think it also misses on people like Arthur or Raccoon.

Awesome stuff. Gonna try to hit the lab with some of this and maybe some more soon.

Dahbomb

Arkham Battle 1
Touche.

Where exactly does his big damage come from?
His damage scaling values are on par with Hulk and Dark Phoenix, they are the highest in the game.. Basically as long as he is doing long combos that have a bunch of special moves squeezed in (Lightning, Buster, Setsuizan) he is going to do boats load of damage.

Dahbomb

Sorry for the double post but it's worth it for DAT Shadowloo Showdown April trailer:

UMVC3 Roster:

Airtola (Hulk/Nemesis/Taskmaster)
DJHoushen (Felicia/Skrull/Taskmaster plus a Wolverine/Akuma team in the mix)
Justin Wong (Felicia/Nova/Frank)
ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Akuma)
MarlinPie (Viper/Doom/Amaterasu)
Zak Bennet (Firebrand/Dormammu/Amaterasu)
FChamp (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
Syn Don (Wesker/Taskmaster/Trish with Wolverine in the mix)
Tokido (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
Toxi (Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye)
Mysterious (Team Trenchcoats, qualifier from Kuwait)

Oh and same weekend as KVO and Summer Slam Seasons Beating. It's gonna be a damn packed stream monster weekend. Oh and same weekend as Avengers release date in US.

Awesome_dat_ass.png

My body is UNBELIEVABLY HYPED!!!

Anth0ny

Sorry for the double post but it's worth it for DAT Shadowloo Showdown April trailer:

UMVC3 Roster:

Airtola (Hulk/Nemesis/Taskmaster)
DJHoushen (Felicia/Skrull/Taskmaster plus a Wolverine/Akuma team in the mix)
Justin Wong (Felicia/Nova/Frank)
ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Akuma)
MarlinPie (Viper/Doom/Amaterasu)
Zak Bennet (Firebrand/Dormammu/Amaterasu)
FChamp (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
Syn Don (Wesker/Taskmaster/Trish with Wolverine in the mix)
Tokido (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix)
Toxi (Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye)
Mysterious (Team Trenchcoats, qualifier from Kuwait)

fuck, this is going to be crazy for Marvel AND AE. I love how Razer picked up the top 2 AE players from Evo 2011. Good shit.

Oh and same weekend as Avengers release date in US.

AW SHIIIIIIIII

I have my midnight Imax tickets ready ;)

Dahbomb

I asked SRK about Vergil's Blistering Sword instant overhead tech that Dacidbro did at Norcal Knockouts. Here is the reply:

I activate Blistering Swords and double plink using S ~ L ~ M. You also can plink the Starfall with H to shoot it down instead of straight and keep them in blockstun (for shorter characters), but whatever works for you. It's a kara cancel of Starfall into a sword shot which you then cancel into j.M which is fast and has more hitstun than j.L. I don't remember what Dacidbro used since I didn't go back to replay the footage, but this should work just fine.

Also:

One Frame Link announces $3000 pot bonus for UMVC3 at ECT4

Frantic

It's cool tech, but two meters for an instant overhead seems somewhat steep. Especially considering how easy it is to open someone up with just teleports.

Grecco

Anyone watching Ask Capcom now?

for the moment its "wait and see" "chill out" on Marvel 3.

Basically sounds like nothing is coming.

He did say he didnt know regarding a patch.

Notes from the stream

• There are no new characters planned to be implemented for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. More costumes and other things are possible, but not currently in the works.

• The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 team has moved on to new stuff, along with Ryota Niitsuma, the title's producer.

• Sven was asked about if it would be another 10-15 years before the next Marvel vs. Capcom game, e.g. MvC4. He said they were happy with UMvC3, but it's probably time to chill with that franchise for awhile.

• The $500,000 for Street Fighter's 25th anniversary is still going to be invested, but the plans haven't all been revealed yet — which includes upcoming events.

• The team that made Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is working on different things at the moment.

• Sven said that Yoshinori Ono is as, "healthy as a horse," when he last saw him in Rome.

• When asked about the lifespan of Street Fighter X Tekken, if he's worried about it, Sven said that he's not, "for reasons that will become more clear over time."

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/24/live-ask-capcom-session-christian-svensson/

smurfx

get some go again
• When asked about the lifespan of Street Fighter X Tekken, if he's worried about it, Sven said that he's not, "for reasons that will become more clear over time."

unless there is something drastic done to the game there won't be much they can do. people aren't going to suddenly start liking the game more as time goes on and it will probably be the opposite.

Grecco

unless there is something drastic done to the game there won't be much they can do. people aren't going to suddenly start liking the game more as time goes on and it will probably be the opposite.

My guess is they think once the characters are released people will want to play?

Tobe

my guess is that capcom is going to spend $500,000 on sfxtk tournament during the rest of the year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
my guess is that capcom is going to spend $500,000 on sfxtk tournament during the rest of the year.

That sucks. Can't really think of anything else they can do with that money though.

Hardly a celebration for the 25th year of the series. But again, I can't think of anything for them to do. You can already buy each major Street Fighter series on 360/PS3.

Maybe release Alpha 4 or something idk.

Tobe

That sucks. Can't really think of anything else they can do with that money though.

Hardly a celebration for the 25th year of the series. But again, I can't think of anything for them to do. You can already buy each major Street Fighter series on 360/PS3.

Maybe release Alpha 4 or something idk.

newcomers wont get the alpha series, such a beautiful game would never be appreciated by todays fighting game players.

by far one of my favorites sets of all time Alex Valle vs John Choi @ Battle By the Bay AKA B3 the start of evo

the first of many, Valle vs Daigo SFA3 WC

Azure J

I dunno why the stuff on Marvel up there made me a little D: faced. Ah well, I'm trying to get something consistent right now in training:

When you do the bog standard Zero BnB (MH-f.H-S-j.MMHS-Sentsuizan M/H-Buster Lvl.3-Raikosen L-Relaunch), is there something to the relaunch that is necessary to prevent the characters from falling out at the apex of the air magic series?

Also, what's the best way to end for a Rekkoha hyper? I keep thinking to hit with a Sentsuizan, but it never connects (even though I feel like it should).

Edit: If I omit the multi-hitting buttons of Zero's magic series on the ground and hit the second relaunch, I'm already breaking 480K 525K without hyper. Jesus Christ this character. :lol

Razor210

Marvel hitboxes.

So I was really confused when trying out the viability of superjump - diagonal dash H with Nova, when the hitstun animation looked off. Turns out, he has a chance to hit on one side of you, and then cross over to the other side instantaneously (i.e. you have to block high one side and low the other). What it looks like is that the person got hit from the back, but they're still facing you.

Air H on Nova is a really underrated tool of his.

hitsugi

newcomers wont get the alpha series, such a beautiful game would never be appreciated by todays fighting game players.

by far one of my favorites sets of all time Alex Valle vs John Choi @ Battle By the Bay AKA B3 the start of evo

the first of many, Valle vs Daigo SFA3 WC

ah the glory days.. There was another great set between valle and choi around youtube as well.

As for A3, I think most of the hate comes from the crouch cancel stuff. I loved that game regardless.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I had Alpha 3 on GBA lol. I remember having to choose between that and whatever version of SFII was on GBA. The naming of everything confused the hell out of me, like why is this of Super Street Fighter 2 and this one called Alpha and such. I remember picking Alpha 3 strictly because 3 is larger than 2.

And on the subject of things that confused me as a child, I saw Mega Man 8 in a TRU ad. Iwas like "lol is htere a Mega Man 1,2,3,4...". And there were!

Bizazedo

AzureJericho, shot you some messages, but if you're on 360 I can show y'some stuff if you're around.

Razor210 said:
Air H on Nova is a really underrated tool of his.

While I think the character is slept on, people are aware of the BS that is air h :).

I'm kind of sad that Solarpowered doesn't get upset about Hsien-ko anymore. I've been looking for an excuse to post this to cheer him up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQU14dZNXRM

So I'll just share it now I guess.
It actually did cheer me up. I put it in my favorites. Zabel's voice sounds nuts with the volume maxed out lol.
i fucking hate fish, stupid character.
I wouldn't say that I hate him, but I hate his priority and crazy corner game with bubbles.
Mar is just an awesome player, his level of yomi is fucking out of this world, he make such calculated guesses, you just dont know man.
I actually would know. I played him on GGPO when I was still a scrublet a few months back. It wasn't pretty. I'd love to fight him now though.
so hum.......SASQUATCH for UMVC3 X
Only if it comes down to Demitri and Sasquatch. I don't know how you can hate that sexy fish man and love that furball lol.
Nothing but lies and disappointment.

:(

Azure J

AzureJericho, shot you some messages, but if you're on 360 I can show y'some stuff if you're around.

I just got the message. I'll check it out in a sec, but live matches are gonna have to wait. No Gold on my end yet and it's looking that way for quite a while longer. Feel free to add my GT though, it's just my GAF handle. :)

Edit: Donovan has top pick from me Darkstalkers wise.

What... what if Jojo's HD is coming out because Dio is a guest character in Darkstalkers 4???

He's a vampire after all, and he has the same voice actor as Jedah.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono: Street Fighter 5 in the next 5 years.
Sven: We usually plan our business ahead 5 years in advance, and usually announce things after working on them for 1-2 years.

So uhm, SF5 2013-2017 confirmed.

Oh and Sven repeats what we already know forever, MvC3 is done.

Most interesting thing is how he dodged the Capcom vs. Shonen Jump question, which oddly Eventhubs didn't want to jot note. Mentioned multiple licensing issues though, which makes sense.

Also lol @ whoever the host of the week is shutting down Godhand fans saying he never thought it needed a sequel and was done and done.

Damn, that was the coldest denial of Marvel games in the future yet. Pretty much means don't expect shit for 5+ years.

The way he made it sound sounds like they're gonna go forward with DSIV rather than letting CvS3 occupy dev time too. He said specifically, "other fighting game franchise fans would be very upset if we did" (para.). Leads me to believe, if not DSIV, they're being careful with their resources in the FG department. Along with confirmation Ono is working on something else and it opens a lot of possibilities for a non-SF franchise being at work at Capcom. From either Niitsuma or Ono or both.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I honestly get a little irritated whenever forum people get "disappointed" that there's no new news for this game.

Tobe

I wouldn't say that I hate him, but I hate his priority and crazy corner game with bubbles.

Only if it comes down to Demitri and Sasquatch. I don't know how you can hate that sexy fish man and love that furball lol.

Nothing but lies and disappointment.

:(

hate his corner control and the fact that his darkforce turns him into a tmnt.

the fish is awful, by far the worst design in the game, and sasquatch has this cute animation when he gets hit
SasquatchHit1f.gif

sasquatch fuck yeah!
SASQUATCHDANCE10frames.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom