• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
tumblr_lz9llpAwKP1rptdvvo1_500.jpg

I wish I could find a super high res version(if it even exists).

I don't care. I already have VSav.
Awesome. Thanks.

Yeah, Project X Zone is an SRPG and shares similarities with Namco X Capcom.

On topic: everyone should watch this shit, it's the Finals/Grand Finals of last night's Break. Goddamn Josh Wong has a sexy ass Dante. Dat movement. Also, the Phoenix play from Chris G was impressive as hell.

The Break #157 - UMvC3 LF - AG MCZ MarlinPie VS Josh Wong
The Break #157 - UMvC3 WF - FC ChrisG VS Josh Wong

Edit: Grand Finals with the Phoenix stuff isn't out yet, my bad.
Seriously though, that Dante shit was crazy. The airdash forward into hammer to keep him in the corner = HNNGGG

Dahbomb

I can wait at least a year for a full update (with actual content) but a balance patch has to come right after EVO. A few characters need some choice nerfs and a considerable amount of characters need buffs.

Vergil is the most powerful anchor in the game. No shits are given about Dark Wesker/Strider/Phoenix/Felicia/Dormammu/TA PW/Magneto or whoever is the "dark" character these days.

And hard statistics indicate that Wesker has dropped in effectiveness in tournament level play. Wesker hasn't been in a grand final/top 2 of a major tournament for the past 4-5 major tournaments. Last time a Wesker made it to grand finals was MastaCJ at Apex. This is DESPITE the fact that popularity of Wesker is still high but the conversion rate of Wesker is rather poor compared to other characters. Statistically both Akuma and Wolverine have more tournament wins than Wesker (3 as compared to 2).

Eh people still make mistakes though especially in high pressure situations when it comes to tournaments. I think rumors of Weskers demise are greatly exaggerated.
No one said Wesker is dead or that he isn't a top tournament character (he is). But there are clearly more cheap and effective tactics in the game than point Wesker or Dark Wesker. I am thinking Wesker will make a slight comeback once more people start pairing him Strider.

Also PR Rog claimed his new team was Wesker/Jill/Racoon he might debut that at Seasons Beatings next week.
Interesting but I liked his Wolverine + Felicia + RR team more because those characters don't have a wall bounce of their own meaning their combos don't get affected by a RR hit. Wesker and Jill both get truncated combos if the Log trap is the first hit. Furthermore he should be putting Jill on point on that team for the Wesker Low gun shot pick up for extended combos.

DAT GODLIKE 2 METER INTENSIVE INSTANT OVERHEAD

Eh people still make mistakes though especially in high pressure situations when it comes to tournaments. I think rumors of Weskers demisre are greatly exagerated.

Also PR Rog claimed his new team was Wesker/Jill/Racoon he might debut that at Seasons Beatings next week.

Pretty much how I feel.

Dude still can shish kebab an entire team with lvl4 XF in less than 10 seconds.

Azure J

I don't know what's sexier, Josh Wong's Dante or his blocking

Awesome. Thanks.

Seriously though, that Dante shit was crazy. The airdash forward into hammer to keep him in the corner = HNNGGG

I fucking lost my shit at that Wesker Samurai Edge - Dash Under - Box Backdash - Overhead H sequence. How am I not doing shit like this when I fucking play Dante/Felicia? :lol

The corner switch was just too funny to me. It's as if Dante just said "fuck that I like this side better."

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Vergil is the most powerful anchor in the game. No shits are given about Dark Wesker/Strider/Phoenix/Felicia/Dormammu/TA PW/Magneto or whoever is the "dark" character these days.
Well, Vergil has one weakness as anchor... coming in. With his near complete lack of air options and low health, he's liable to get mixed up and then killed on incoming before he gets a chance to breathe. The same thing with Wesker, which is honestly why I rarely if ever get randomed out by him. I just don't give him time to breathe.

God's Beard said:
ehhh, that's debatable. It's got nasty frame data, but I think Dante's is way more useful.
Dante's airdash j.M/j.H are so good. I love backdashing to follow a forward roll, then jump and airdash over them with j.M. It's so simple, yet so effective.

Azure J

Oh, we were rating the two air dashes based on overall utility? Dante's got that one in the bag, just because j.M/j.H is fucking godlike, but as a solitary air dash for movement's sake, Vergil's is scary good. The momentum off of it especially.

Solune

Awesome. Thanks.

I fucking lost my shit at that Wesker Samurai Edge - Dash Under - Box Backdash - Overhead H sequence. How am I not doing shit like this when I fucking play Dante/Felicia? :lol

The corner switch was just too funny to me. It's as if Dante just said "fuck that I like this side better."

Just watched the clips of Josh Wong. All I could think was. "THIS GAME IS FUCKIN SICK. THIS. GAME. IS. SICK"

Dahbomb

Vergil not having air options to deal with incoming mix ups is a conscience and logical decision by Capcom to make sure he doesn't run the game. If he even had just a double jump then the amount of times that Vergil ends up running through people's team would match or surpass that of Wesker. Capcom wants people to be snapping in anchor Vergil.

Just saw that Josh vs Marlin match, that backward air dash cross up by Dante was bad ass. GET BACK! People forget that Josh Wong is an OG Dante player. He basically started (along with Damien/10Stars) the whole Dante + low hitting unblockable assist shenanigans. He was also one of the first players of Dark Felicia and used to wreck teams with her in Vanilla. So glad to have him back and going at it Marvel again.

Someone needs to show Yipes that Vergil instant overhead tech. He loves devious mix ups.

We comparing Dante and Vergil's air dashes? Dante has the better air normal to accompany the air dash as it has more of a posterior hit box making it better for cross up. In terms of the actual air dash, Vergil wins for sure. Dante's air dash also comes without the need to go into DT so he wins this easy.

Enzo I like the 1st one, easy on the eyes nice and colorful.

Dahbomb

Personally speaking I only consider a character in LVL3XF "dark" if they have an extra boost on top of the LVL3XF.

Like Dark Vergil would be DT + LVL3XF or Spiral Swords, same for Dante. Dark Phoenix is of course DP + LVL3XF. Dark Wesker is glasses off LVL3XF. Dark Felicia is LVL3XF + Kitty Helper and Dark Strider has Ouroborus. Every other character I just call LVL3XF + character's name like Skrull or Magneto. I guess a case can be made for VoM LVL3XF Ammy.

Dark Wolverine is absolutely bananas. Have fun trying to block that.

Wesker is a top tier character. Not the best but a great contender.

But anchor, he relies on your opponent messing up unlike Skrull who is guaranteed the first kill as anchor and has a good chance of getting the second.

The top tier anchors have stupid ass shit that does not depend on opponent making a mistake since they can optimize off of any XF cancel and fullscreen confirm.

Anth0ny

On topic: everyone should watch this shit, it's the Finals/Grand Finals of last night's Break. Goddamn Josh Wong has a sexy ass Dante. Dat movement. Also, the Phoenix play from Chris G was impressive as hell.

Josh Wong is a fucking robot. Good lord.

Hey guys,

My good friend MINE has recently started streaming. He is live right now. Please tune in and support him and his stream!

Twitch.tv/afanofmine

It takes some really crazy shit to impress me in this game since I watch a lot and have seen so much.

Josh Wong's Dante is fuggin RIDICULOUS. Good God Lemon.

Tobe

aww man im loving firebrand/magnus/ammy im still struggling with firebrand mobility and how to escape command grabs setups but once the unblockable setups start then it becames soo much fun.

It takes some really crazy shit to impress me in this game since I watch a lot and have seen so much.

Josh Wong's Dante is fuggin RIDICULOUS. Good God Lemon.

I wish he will return to his Dante/Magneto/Wesker team, he was one of the first people to realize the strength of Dark Wesker and disruptor assist way back in vanilla.

I love Josh Wong's movement. My 5 best in movement in no particular order is Josh Wong, F. Champ, Chris G, Mine and of course Justin Wong.

They just don't put themselves in bad situations for the most part.

shaowebb

I love Josh Wong's movement. My 5 best in movement in no particular order is Josh Wong, F. Champ, Chris G, Mine and of course Justin Wong.

They just don't put themselves in bad situations for the most part.

Was hoping you'd mention this man. He's one of my faves and has been for awhile. Just look at his Iron Fist play to give you an idea of how great he is at moving around, reading, and reacting to his opponents position and likely choices of action. To do as well as he does with Iron Fist takes some really tight skill at maneuvering and playing footsies. All of your list is really top notch at this and its usually a pretty good match to watch between any of them though some obviously outplay others.

Josh Wong is going to very dangerous once he get's more accustomed to Zero's movement and execution, if he keeps on going with this team. Not that he's not dangerous already.

For those of you that miss the FGTV tournament last week.

http://www.youtube.com/fgtvlive

Was hoping you'd mention this man. He's one of my faves and has been for awhile. Just look at his Iron Fist play to give you an idea of how great he is at moving around, reading, and reacting to his opponents position and likely choices of action. To do as well as he does with Iron Fist takes some really tight skill at maneuvering and playing footsies. All of your list is really top notch at this and its usually a pretty good match to watch between any of them though some obviously outplay others.

Yea his Wolverine is just another level in terms of movement. Wolverine's game plan is pretty damn transparent. Everyone knows the dive kicks, and berserker slash coming but he disguise them so well with his movements.

Dahbomb

smurfx

get some go again
i'm fine with ft5 for finals at majors but not at weekly tournaments. specially when the people in the finals are usually splitting and not playing to their best.

Bizazedo

I'm hoping so hard Evo goes 3/5. Of course, it won't, since I'll be there and do better at 3/5, but here's hoping.

Y'know what'll happen, though, is it'll go 3/5, I'll be psyched, and get bounced by 645 first round.

Chavelo

Aren't rules for EVO already revealed? Slim chance it will be 3/5.

I think only the games have been announced, and just the rules for SFxT have been revealed.

But for possibly the biggest UMVC3 tournament ever, it would be pretty hard for the 3/5 rule to be put in place now.

But I agree on the motion, though. I think it would be rad and I wouldn't feel as bad if I got creamed 3 games outta five at EVO. At least it would show true skill instead of random gimmicks winning out.

Bizazedo

As Chav said, I don't think the specific rules for Marvel in terms of # of games have been announced. I am not anticipating 3/5.

But, much like walking, I can hope for it, right? :).

(I chuckled).

smurfx

get some go again
the evo guys are complaining about not having enough time so i doubt they would go with 3/5. marvel matches go real quick but that added round would still cost them a lot of time.

so i've never really played MvC3 or UMvC until recently (currently playing .......sfxt dont ask) but went to my local spot a couple of days ago and played it for about 2 hours making my total playtime to 10-12 hours ever.

so I got rocked, which was expected and was x-factoring because i was partly mashing and partly using my skillz. But towards the end of the 2 hour period I started to get the hang of it. I used wolverine/doom/strider which im guess between wolvy and doom has no synergy and heck if i know what to do with strider (it wasn't until the end of the match that i was told how to OTG with strider) ANYWAYS

i've been watching umvc3 streams for awhile but and after seeing a few novas and vergils and wesker i was thinking of maybe trying a nova/doom/wolv team (maybe not in that order). Only thing is i have no idea what the synergy between them is at all and tbh wolvy seemed a little easier on the execution vs. damage side. How do you play nova (this whole fly/unfly air dashing thing is like inventing the wheel to me, shit is so beyond me lol)

anyways...thoughts? inputs? what have you?

should I just roll with strider/doom/rr and call it a day? (thats a joke btw)

so i've never really played MvC3 or UMvC until recently (currently playing .......sfxt dont ask) but went to my local spot a couple of days ago and played it for about 2 hours making my total playtime to 10-12 hours ever.

so I got rocked, which was expected and was x-factoring because i was partly mashing and partly using my skillz. But towards the end of the 2 hour period I started to get the hang of it. I used wolverine/doom/strider which im guess between wolvy and doom has no synergy and heck if i know what to do with strider (it wasn't until the end of the match that i was told how to OTG with strider) ANYWAYS

i've been watching umvc3 streams for awhile but and after seeing a few novas and vergils and wesker i was thinking of maybe trying a nova/doom/wolv team (maybe not in that order). Only thing is i have no idea what the synergy between them is at all and tbh wolvy seemed a little easier on the execution vs. damage side. How do you play nova (this whole fly/unfly air dashing thing is like inventing the wheel to me, shit is so beyond me lol)

anyways...thoughts? inputs? what have you?

should I just roll with strider/doom/rr and call it a day? (thats a joke btw)

It takes a while to figure out the synergy of teams, the shortcut way is for you to try as many characters as possible and tell us what characters interest you the most so that we can recommend you a few teams for you.

Azure J

Zero/Dante is fucking dumb. Holy shit. :lol

MS-j.MMHS-Sentsuizan M (OTG)-Level 3 Buster-Raikosen L- (delayed) S - repeat sequence - Assist 1 (Jam Session) and I'm already looking at 550K+ damage without meter. Ending in hyper can only mean this breaks 800K for damn near nothing. I still have yet to sniff 800K with any other character I've played and I've put in work with a lot of them, especially Dante, who I can only get up to 720K or so. (BTW, anyone want to shoot me some suggestions for high damage additions/extensions via Vajira/Cold Shots to a standard Dante BnB?)

This fucking character. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom