• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a while to figure out the synergy of teams, the shortcut way is for you to try as many characters as possible and tell us what characters interest you the most so that we can recommend you a few teams for you.

Heres the break down:

Doom: I only decided to play this game because of the double footdive #realtalk also cl0ckwork. I love dooms assists too, and his air dash M seems really effective same with j.H

Nova: I like his OTG and how he says "you like that"....I'm sure at this point listening to my reason you're prbably like wtf....but in all honestly there are things that are memorable about characters and their flow of combos/overheads/launchers/hypers and his mix is the one i like a lot

Wolverine: because I wooped ass with him last night and figured him out in about 30 minutes of failed dive kicks....also DIVE KICKS.

Dahbomb

Play this team bro:

Wolverine (Berserker Barrage)/ Nova (Centurion Rush) / Doom (Plasma Beam)

Use Beam to get in or do Berserker Slash cross ups. Use Centurion Rush forced ground bounce to do extended combos with Wolverine especially after an OTG (if you can). You should be able to DHC into Nova if you do Fatal Claw/Berserker Barrage close to the ground. With Nova + Doom, just use Beam to get in with air dash j. b+H. Built in air throw OS and just learn to combo off of the air throw. You can DHC the Nova Force hyper into Sphere Flame.

Team is solid as it's built on 3 solid characters and you have one beam assist to gel those 2 point characters together. You got a team now you need to learn to play the game.

Play this team bro:

Wolverine (Berserker Barrage)/ Nova (Centurion Rush) / Doom (Plasma Beam)

Use Beam to get in or do Berserker Slash cross ups. Use Centurion Rush forced ground bounce to do extended combos with Wolverine especially after an OTG (if you can). You should be able to DHC into Nova if you do Fatal Claw/Berserker Barrage close to the ground. With Nova + Doom, just use Beam to get in with air dash j. b+H. Built in air throw OS and just learn to combo off of the air throw. You can DHC the Nova Force hyper into Sphere Flame.

Team is solid as it's built on 3 solid characters and you have one beam assist to gel those 2 point characters together. You got a team now you need to learn to play the game.

@DahBombTHANK YOU!

@ViewtifulJC I have the bible and read it every day to work but when i see those long combo strings i get headaches lol. Im used shorter combo strings in ssfiv or or sfxt but 3-4 lines of buttons.......each input is at risk to be dropped then punished.

Break it down into parts. Get a few buttons down so you feel comfortable busting them out whenever.

Then get online, get beat in lag, then bitch about it online.

Only then we'll you be a true Mahvel player.

Chavelo

@DahBombTHANK YOU!

@ViewtifulJC I have the bible and read it every day to work but when i see those long combo strings i get headaches lol. Im used shorter combo strings in ssfiv or or sfxt but 3-4 lines of buttons.......each input is at risk to be dropped then punished.

Combos in MVC3 are not links, tho. Most of the bread and butter combos are braindead chain material. Just put a few hours and get them memorized into your brain and you'll be busting some swag combos in no time. :)

Combos in MVC3 are not links, tho. Most of the bread and butter combos are braindead chain material. Just put a few hours and get them memorized into your brain and you'll be busting some swag combos in no time. :)

you know, my dumb self never thought about it that way. I'm so used to links and with chains i usually just mash them out (sfxt style).

hmm......this has been an extremely educational experience

(now that I think about it, i there are instances where if you do M,H too soon H won't come out)

Break it down into parts. Get a few buttons down so you feel comfortable busting them out whenever.

Then get online, get beat in lag, then bitch about it online.

Only then we'll you be a true Mahvel player.

I tried this for novas missions. Got up to 8 or 9....something about [fwd H and x factoring the srk M srk H] I can't get. I was never good with srk's but I did end up getting the (2)srk's down. I have trouble figuring out the X factor timing for the fwd H OTG, its either always too early or too late.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
you know, my dumb self never thought about it that way. I'm so used to links and with chains i usually just mash them out (sfxt style).

hmm......this has been an extremely educational experience

(now that I think about it, i there are instances where if you do M,H too soon H won't come out)

I tried this for novas missions. Got up to 8 or 9....something about [fwd H and x factoring the srk M srk H] I can't get. I was never good with srk's but I did end up getting the (2)srk's down. I have trouble figuring out the X factor timing for the fwd H OTG, its either always too early or too late.

Just start with LMHS MMHS. Most characters combos are extensions of that. Get used to the timing and such.

Dahbomb

So when Phoenix drop wannabe Spiral on his ass what does she mena by taking care of Mundus?
Spoilers for DMC and DmC:

Mundus is the ruler of the demon world. Used to be called Lucifer but Capcom had to change that due to the biblical subtext. Sparda's legend began when he led a rebellion against the demon world and won the epic fight, banishing Mundus. He apparently came back once Sparda sealed away his powers and then ordered his family killed. Eva, Dante and Vergil's mother, was killed and the twins lives were changed forever. Most of the DMC series is centered around the ultimate showdown between either of the twins vs Mundus.

Neither are really powerful enough to take on Mundus but they can if they unseal Sparda's powers and gain his sword. I guess that's where the Phoenix line comes in because Vergil is always looking for more power for this end. This was where DMC3 came in, brothers clashed because Vergil wanted the amulet half of Dante to go into the underworld to take on Mundus. Dante ends up defeating Vergil in the final battle of the game but Vergil keeps his amulet and decides to challenge Mundus anyway. He loses the battle and is kept under the control of Mundus as his dark servant, Nelo Angelo for 10 years.

In DMC1 Dante gets a lead on Mundus and tracks him to Mallet Island with the help of Trish. There are clashes of Dante with Nelo Angelo but Dante doesn't know that it's Vergil. On their 3rd encounter Dante realizes this and Vergil finally drops his amulet before disappearing in an explosion. Dante uses the amulet to fully unlock Sparda's power. Final battle ensues against Mundus, Dante banishes him just like Sparda did and Mundus swears to come back...

Mundus is apparently the main villain in DmC too (the new reboot).

DR2K

Banned

Mundus is the ruler of the demon world. Used to be called Lucifer but Capcom had to change that due to the biblical subtext. Sparda's legend began when he led a rebellion against the demon world and won the epic fight, banishing Mundus. He apparently came back once Sparda sealed away his powers and then ordered his family killed. Eva, Dante and Vergil's mother, was killed and the twins lives were changed forever. Most of the DMC series is centered around the ultimate showdown between either of the twins vs Mundus.

Neither are really powerful enough to take on Mundus but they can if they unseal Sparda's powers and gain his sword. I guess that's where the Phoenix line comes in because Vergil is always looking for more power for this end. This was where DMC3 came in, brothers clashed because Vergil wanted the amulet half of Dante to go into the underworld to take on Mundus. Dante ends up defeating Vergil in the final battle of the game but Vergil keeps his amulet and decides to challenge Mundus anyway. He loses the battle and is kept under the control of Mundus as his dark servant, Nelo Angelo for 10 years.

In DMC1 Dante gets a lead on Mundus and tracks him to Mallet Island with the help of Trish. There are clashes of Dante with Nelo Angelo but Dante doesn't know that it's Vergil. On their 3rd encounter Dante realizes this and Vergil finally drops his amulet before disappearing in an explosion. Dante uses the amulet to fully unlock Sparda's power. Final battle ensues against Mundus, Dante banishes him just like Sparda did and Mundus swears to come back...

Oh yeah Phoenix would totally push his shit in.

Wait...
So if Vergil technically dead in the timeline?

Wait...
So if Vergil technically dead in the timeline?

He lost to Dante in the prequel DMC3, stayed in the underworld to fight Mundas, lost to him as well and became his servant, Nelo Angelo. You beat him up a few times in DMC1, but IDK if he's dead, just "defeated" as Mundas put it

I always liked that aspect of DMC1/3 in that Dante, despite being this aloof badass most of the time, actually had a personal/emotional stake in the plot, since it involved his family. DMC2 never happen, and DMC4 it feels like he only got involved because he was just bored eating pizza around the shop.

smurfx

get some go again
Taskmaster is dumb.
wQFIH.gif

Solune

Zero/Dante is fucking dumb. Holy shit. :lol

MS-j.MMHS-Sentsuizan M (OTG)-Level 3 Buster-Raikosen L- (delayed) S - repeat sequence - Assist 1 (Jam Session) and I'm already looking at 550K+ damage without meter. Ending in hyper can only mean this breaks 800K for damn near nothing. I still have yet to sniff 800K with any other character I've played and I've put in work with a lot of them, especially Dante, who I can only get up to 720K or so. (BTW, anyone want to shoot me some suggestions for high damage additions/extensions via Vajira/Cold Shots to a standard Dante BnB?)

This fucking character. :lol

You might want to try something like this Azure. It's from a while back but you should be able to do something similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghdWTslhBSs

Is it normal for these assholes to quit in ranked matches right when they're about to lose to save their W/L ratio? Its happened twice now in a row and I worked hard for those dammit.

Is it normal for these assholes to quit in ranked matches right when they're about to lose to save their W/L ratio? Its happened twice now in a row and I worked hard for those dammit.

It's not common, but it happens. I think out of around 1000 matches, it's only happened maybe 5+ times to me.

Azure J

I fucking suck at this game. :(

All the little nuances and details I can pick up with my team setups or just the fun things I learn trying someone new just evaporate when I get into a real match situation and find myself falling for the same old things over and over again. It gets so bad, I start unlearning things in the process just to try and scrape on by.

I think I'm just being too hard on myself, but it sucks when I reach a point where I'm not enjoying myself just because of all the errors that I keep making or things I don't try/keep track of in a match.

You might want to try something like this Azure. It's from a while back but you should be able to do something similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghdWTslhBSs

Mother. Of. God.

Edit: I can only get two of those TK Volcanoes in a training environment, fuck trying to do it for real. :lol

Fact:

I'm really dumb for not having done Super Scatter Shot xx Ultimate Web Throw every time someone jumps at my Hawkeye much, MUCH earlier. Pick up after should get me 900k if I do a real combo I think.

Those 2 are such bros <3. My shit defense with Clint will be slightly harder to expose now :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
360GAF, add me if you haven't already. I'll be playing a bit more on the regular and I want some people to spar with so I can finally try and get better. My gamertag is arvinater.
Also AzureJerico, step yo XBL account level up.

I'm still trying to adjust to stick controls though. I think I should actually try the 100 hadoukens and SRKs thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom