• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll challenge you over PSN to prove my superior in inferiority

The winner: NOBODY

I salute you for being able to play online on PSN. Vanilla MVC3 for me wasn't that bad, but UMVC3 has just been horrendous. SF4, SfxT runs okay and Skull Girls netcode is amazing but why is UMVC3 SO ASS!!!!

Zero/Dante is fucking dumb. Holy shit. :lol

MS-j.MMHS-Sentsuizan M (OTG)-Level 3 Buster-Raikosen L- (delayed) S - repeat sequence - Assist 1 (Jam Session) and I'm already looking at 550K+ damage without meter. Ending in hyper can only mean this breaks 800K for damn near nothing. I

That's nothing. You should do the MMHS, dive, buster, lighting loop twice then on the 2nd one call Dante's Jam session jump and do lighting (medium version), buster, lighting (light), into lighting loop.

Now that's damage! I got it down semi-consistent on the 1p side, but can't for the life of me do it on the 2p side.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Let's come up with a list of Iron Man's redeemable qualities in UMvC3!

Iron_Man.gif

Look at this drunken McDrunkerson, he has no redeeming qualities!

Zissou

Iron man's terrible music is a strength. As an iron man player, if you can stomach those awful sounds of a baby computer throwing up that loop endlessly, you can take advantage of your opponent's demoralized confused state as they are aurally tortured.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iron man's terrible music is a strength. As an iron man player, if you can stomach those awful sounds of a baby computer throwing up that loop endlessly, you can take advantage of your opponent's demoralized confused state as they are aurally tortured.
Aye. Your fucked in the Spiderman music-matchup though. Everyone loses to Spidey.

Dahbomb

Let's come up with a list of Iron Man's redeemable qualities in UMvC3!
*Iron Man has the longest ranged air normals of the 8 way fly characters. His normals out range even some sword normal characters.

*Iron Man can hit confirm at SJ height into a combo at crazy ranges. He can also confirm combos about 2-3 character length away on the ground.

*His air dashes have the longest trajectories out of the 8 way dash characters and you can literally go from SJ -> Air dash -> all the way to the ground for a 50/50. He also carries his momentum with him when he lands.

*His up/down air dash is one of the fastest in the game giving him unreactable high/low mix ups at close range.

*His ground normals are godly (with the exception of his launcher). Cr.M is one of the best sweeps in the game and out ranges even Wesker/Task cr.M. Cr.L is a 5 frame chainable low poke (compare to Magneto which is 6 frames IIRC and has less range). Cr.H is a cancellable projectile allowing Iron Man to pester even midget characters. St.H is a godly anti-air move and allows him to freely combo into his fly cancel moves. St.L is also a very nice anti air.

*Repulsor Blast is one of the best special moves in the game. OS against teleporters and a legitimate anti-air move that can lead into a combo. Even better as an assist because you get teleport/anti-air protection along with locking down opponents as they come in for a mix up or after hard knock down it covers most of the tech roll options that they have. In addition, on point Repulsor Blast cannot be push blocked which can lead into certain trap situations.

*Unibeam is a solid, durable beam projectile and is a godly assist because on hit it keeps the opponent standing. The lockdown that it provides is among the best in the beams and allows for easy post-OTG combos.

*Smart Bombs is a decent anti-ground zoning tool, hits OTG and builds a lot of meter if you spam it all day. It can also cover your approach if you use it from SJ height and then go in with it.

*Iron Man has some of the most powerful post-TAC flight combos in the game.

*His damage is above average and with 2 assists he can get up to a million in raw combo damage.

*Solid mix ups with legit fuzzy guard set ups, high/low mix ups and some nice mix ups against in coming characters thanks to the slow start up on his down/forward air dash.

*Iron Man is the front and center character in the upcoming Avengers movie. He runs the show and is a genuine bad ass with godly one liners.

*While Nova was busy saving the universe, Iron Man was getting laid by every Marvel chick known to mankind.... like a BOSS.

*Iron Man has a BIG ONE. And I am not talking about his Proton Cannon...

*Iron Man has genius level intellect. He is also a philanthropist, a playboy and a billionaire.

*The most stylish, bad ass and godlike LVL3 in the game. And he can combo after it as well for extra flavor.

FUCK THE HATERS... Tony Stark on my team until the day I die.

smurfx

get some go again
lol i'm so mad at myself for not discovering just how awesome a haggar/hawkeye team dhc is. its like the best anti air. if anybody does anything i team dhc and pretty much get full damage from haggars stomach press.

Dahbomb

is Dacidbro using Vergil's DP assist? Why? Is it that good for incoming mixups?
Used as an anti-air assist (without the invulnerability) for Captain America. He also uses it as a combo extender for Taskmaster.

Two most important things about the assist is that 1 in Devil Trigger the hit box and speed on that thing becomes insane, someone can be coming down from super jump height and they might get hit by it if it's in DT. 2nd it's a great Crossover Counter assist and Vergil gets a full BnB off of it. It's also safe if they happen to block it too.

I honestly think he would get more mileage from Rapid Slash on that team than Rising Sun. Taskmaster's zoning is amplified by it, same for Captain America and Cap also gets easy mode combo extenders from it.

Viscant, PRBalrog and Yipes confirmed for Summer Slam Seasons Beating. Viscant making his glorious return to Mahvel?

Chavelo

Viscant, PRBalrog and Yipes confirmed for Summer Slam Seasons Beating. Viscant making his glorious return to Mahvel?

What team is he going to use?

If he's going to rock Zero/Doom/Wesker, then lol.

But then again, he might of gotten really hungry... :O

Dat fleshlight technology

Dahbomb

I want him to be playing Wesker/Doom/Strider. Insane synergy on that team and a legit threat. He even has a chance against Morrigan bullet hell with Strider backing him up.

By the way Hawkeye + Strider is godly. Was experimenting in the lab with this duo and Strider really covers Hawkeye's weak spots very well. Hawkeye can combo from even a full screen Vajra hit if you are accurate with your ice shot. Chris + Strider is great too.

Shadowloo Showdown bracket unveiled:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqnV5iypqHmrdEdaQ0cwZDBGX0NHcWdNZDZGTWlSRGc#gid=11

Pools is going to be a ton of scrub stomping but top 16 is going to be packed with top players. These players should make it out of pools unless there is a killer in the pools that I don't know about.

Grecco

Has anyone watched clips of Vanilla Marvel recently? Iwas bored and was messing with the youtube app on xbox and they have the marvel finals there with like lots of shots of the players/crowd.

God its like im watching a different game.

He lost to Dante in the prequel DMC3, stayed in the underworld to fight Mundas, lost to him as well and became his servant, Nelo Angelo. You beat him up a few times in DMC1, but IDK if he's dead, just "defeated" as Mundas put it

I always liked that aspect of DMC1/3 in that Dante, despite being this aloof badass most of the time, actually had a personal/emotional stake in the plot, since it involved his family. DMC2 never happen, and DMC4 it feels like he only got involved because he was just bored eating pizza around the shop.

To be fair, Dante's family issues in DmC are probably a major revelation in the story they don't want to ruin too early.

Azure J

Has anyone watched clips of Vanilla Marvel recently? Iwas bored and was messing with the youtube app on xbox and they have the marvel finals there with like lots of shots of the players/crowd.

It never really hit me just how different the game was until I watched some old Richard Nyguen/Dante stuff in general. Holy shit that game was wild. :lol

Dahbomb

I saw Canada Cup finals recently. Insane meter build, DHC glitch, BERSERKER SLASH, invincible assists, DARK PHOENIX, way different HUD and the one thing that irked me the most... no air X factor.

Mix ups on incoming characters were ABSURD in Vanilla due to no air X factor as well as XFLVL1. Once Wolverine hit you once, the match ended 8/10 in his favor. He wouldn't even let you hit the ground.

Also I hate to admit it but the whole X factor symbol flashing crazy with more levels of XF... I sort of like it now that I went back to the old HUD because it really IS difficult to tell if you have XF or not especially in the thick of battle. I still think the whole "last character life bar on top" is stupid as hell.

To be fair, Dante's family issues in DmC are probably a major revelation in the story they don't want to ruin too early.
Dante doesn't even know his mother in DmC and apparently he didn't really know much about his brother either (and neither does Mundus). I think they are revealing the story as Dante learns about his origins, quite literally.

Also can't wait for the salt after the Vergil reveal. I know people think I am going to commit Seppuku or some shit but nothing can be further from the truth. After the game play/demo/controls reveal, the game is a joke to me.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this and that it came from some other board.
Don't pretend like you don't know. One does not simply get around as much as Tony without packing some heat.

And by packing some heat I obviously am not talking about his heat seeking missile.... or am I?

Bizazedo

I saw an interesting team of Nova / Frank / MODOK the other night. Main lesson learned was, wow, that zombie hit box is HIGH. People should really giant swing them more.

That and lvl 4 Frank is Satan.

Solune

Had a crazy session with a friend last night and I was testing out Dante resets that I've been using in the training room alot thinking they are gonna be wild. Turns out I never converted any of the resets how I intended. Feels bad man. Anyone else go through that phase of developing tech and not falling through?

Also I realized I get the best feeling from landing commands grabs in this game.

Bizazedo

Had a crazy session with a friend last night and I was testing out Dante resets that I've been using in the training room alot thinking they are gonna be wild. Turns out I never converted any of the resets how I intended. Feels bad man. Anyone else go through that phase of developing tech and not falling through?

Yes, god yes. Or even worse, the ones you think are the simplest are the most effective and fancy shit doesn't work.

So frustrating.

Only nice thing is I have a great looking one with Zero that works, but it's hard for me to do and thus gets me killed. But, that seems to be a Zero trait in general.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Why did I go on smashboards?

Morrigan is the 2nd best in the game to zero if she has doom assist. near-zero risk, absurd reward duo that needs to be nerfed

Vergil is probably 5th

Zero
Morrigan
Viper
Strider
Vergil

God.

Dahbomb

Why did I go on smashboards?
God.
Aside from Morrigan it's not that terrible and it's certainly not the first time I have seen someone claim Morrigan is top 5 right under Zero including top players. Zero/Viper/Vergil have been many people's top 3/5 as of late including FChamp/Neo's.

Morrigan + Doom shuts down like 60-70% of the cast so bad that it's too difficult to ignore. I still say that Morrigan without Doom isn't THAT hot but she is still a very strong character in this game.

Asking for nerfs on that duo is premature.

Frantic

All the damned time. It's generally my own incompetence more than anything, but it happens a lot. Very annoying. Of course, when I finally get it down and can land it consistently, it feels so good.

Only nice thing is I have a great looking one with Zero that works, but it's hard for me to do and thus gets me killed. But, that seems to be a Zero trait in general.
Dante and Strider suffer from the same curse. One of the biggest problems I have is people mashing buttons during my combos. It's very frustrating to do a combo, put them in the Reset Blender, get another combo, drop it at the last possible second, get hit because they're mashing something and then just die to someone's ABC combo into a DHC.

Morrigan/Doom = near zero risk? I lol'd.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Morrigan/Doom = near zero risk? I lol'd.
If the player isn't dumb enough to call Doom into a situation he can be easily punished, then yeah, it's pretty low risk. It's also relatively low reward against a patient player, though; the reward increases exponentially when that isn't the case.

The only nerf I would give to Doom/Morrigan is to make Doom's missiles go away after being hit as an assist. But that also seems like a bit much, since that would probably kill off that assist entirely.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The only nerf I would give to Doom/Morrigan is to make Doom's missiles go away after being hit as an assist. But that also seems like a bit much, since that would probably kill off that assist entirely.
Honestly, I've always thought that Sent drones are overrated as hell for this very reason, but they still get tons of use.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah it's not hard at all to touch Sent once he's standing there. Like when I used Thor I just did Mighty Spark L. Quick enough to hit Sent and still not get hit from the point character.

Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix is broke.

My shit:

LM6H jump jMMH xx Fireball xx flight, airdash down forward jH xx Fireball xx unfly, S, jMMH(Morrigan TAC glitch down to Doom), marlinpie TAC combo into Sphere Flame, call morrigan while running away

Frantic

If the player isn't dumb enough to call Doom into a situation he can be easily punished, then yeah, it's pretty low risk. It's also relatively low reward against a patient player, though; the reward increases exponentially when that isn't the case.
I guess that was my biggest gripe with the statement. People refuse to play patiently against Morrigan/Doom and then say its cheap. I die a little everytime someone raw tags against Morrigan in Astral Vision.

Azure J

Also I realized I get the best feeling from landing commands grabs in this game.

Yes, god yes. Or even worse, the ones you think are the simplest are the most effective and fancy shit doesn't work.

So frustrating.

I know that feel bros. Admittedly though, I haven't moved to the point where I convert into combos off stray hits yet. I have bad tunnel vision in that regard.

On the plus side, fuck yeah 800K with Zero. First character I've hit that mark with, but goddamn if it isn't easy mode to do so. :lol

Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix is broke.

My shit:

LM6H jump jMMH xx Fireball xx flight, airdash down forward jH xx Fireball xx unfly, S, jMMH(Morrigan TAC glitch down to Doom), marlinpie TAC combo into Sphere Flame, call morrigan while running away

Wow, that's fucking insanity.

DR2K

Banned
So is there some sort of glitch where if you let the timer go to zero on the character select screen the game will freeze up and dissconnect you?

smurfx

get some go again
So is there some sort of glitch where if you let the timer go to zero on the character select screen the game will freeze up and dissconnect you?
i've never had that happen to me. although douchebags will do this with me to not let me pick the stage and let the computer random it. i want metro city dammit! if you are gonna play me be prepared to play in metro city.

DR2K

Banned
I'm all for Dooms Missels being nerfed if it means Morrigan herself doesn't get nerfed in the process. I'd rather Doom get a 2x damage modifier when hit, I think it would keep the playstle the same, but keep it from being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom