• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, nobody posts in the SFxT thread anymore, 5 days for half a page lol

Marvel is the crap game, huh guys?

He better get that community icon award at EVO this year.

Dat obvious bias.

No way Slant shot and Disruptor are top 5. Drones, Jam Session, Vajra and Tatsu have them beat. Disruptor is only good for teleport mix ups and Slant shot is only good for mix ups/resets (aka it's only really good if you get the hit in).

I'll listen to arguments for Vajra, but Drones, Jam Session and Tatsu? lol

If you think Disruptor is only good for teleport mixups you haven't been paying attention. It's retarded fast, it only hits once and it has a deceptively large hitbox(about twice the size of Plasma Beam). For opening up opponents, it's one of the few assists that you can use to create opportunities with in real time instead of throwing it out then deciding later like Tatsu and Drones. For instance, you hit the button at the same time as Spencer's overhead or Wesker's gunshot to hitconfirm into combos you wouldn't normally be able to. The fact that you can't see it coming with teleports is just icing. Dormammu can use it for flight cancel combos off sH. The best use for it is making new hitconfirms and making moves safe, while minimizing damage scaling. And it's attached to Magneto, who is far better placed in the anchor position than Sentinel or Akuma.

I'll grant you that Slant Shot is a way more specific assist, but it is literally the only assist in the game that does what it does, and it does it so well as to be invaluable for a lot of characters. Again, you're also dismissing the fact that it's attached to Spencer, the undisputed highest damage character in the game. Hell, I consider Jam Session to be more limited than Slant Shot and I play Dante.

Azure J

Estaka, Vajira and Missiles are so serious, I feel like sometimes I almost consider them crutches I should wean myself off of just because of how good they are as utilities. I want to get better with Magneto so badly just because using him as an assist is almost an insult imo, but goddamn estaka.

Edit: Jam Session is top five. Hilariously, I don't use Dante enough on anything but point for me to use it's full potential, but after seeing my brother weave it into his game with Zero & Vergil left-rights (seriously I thought other assists would be better at this, but it never really hit me that Jam Session is basically an instant multihit CapCorridor that puts you in a massive fuzzy guard situation at best and locks you down long enough for these two to throw out moves and capitalize forever or leads to full ToD style combos when caught slipping). This is on top of all the other utilities that move possesses regarding incoming setups and the like.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Dat obvious bias.

No way Slant shot and Disruptor are top 5. Drones, Jam Session, Vajra and Tatsu have them beat. Disruptor is only good for teleport mix ups and Slant shot is only good for mix ups/resets (aka it's only really good if you get the hit in).

Drones are overrated.

1) Hit Sent and they're gone. Point character has to play around this weakness
2) YOU HAVE TO PLAY SENT WHO WANTS TO DO THAT?

played this game after nearly a 4 month break and it was pretty fun.

ended up playing basically a ft30 last night with a guy about the same level (definitely not scrub, not high level though), my cap/spencer/sent vs his wesker/x-23/hulk.

it was a good break from ssf4 and sfxt. i still don't go for a lot of elaborate combos, just stick with reliable bnbs into tac or dhc. felt good once i got my bearings back, had a non-xf reverse ocv with spencer and i read a hulk downward gamma charge pressure into slant shot > bionic arm k.o. though i think if the guy changed his team order he probably would have beat me more often.

i think this game is the least stressful for me out of the 3 capcom games. though i dont know if i have the time/energy to try to level up further.

Solune

It's interesting with assist talk if we're also considering character position because of crossover counters/alpha counters because Zero and Jill excel in that 2nd position conversion. I think as opposed to saying which assists are "best" it's better to categorize them because overall utility to your team is based on synergy anyways. Like who has the best:
  • Lockdown - Doom, Dante, Ammy, Frank West, Akuma, Skrull, Sentinel, Hsien-ko(No one uses her)
  • Beam/Horizontal - Doom, Magneto, Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Iron Man (but no one uses him)
  • Utility - Doom, Spencer, Morrigan, Strider, Trish
  • Combo Extension - Doom, Wesker, Vergil, Dr Strange, Dormammu
As examples of course, I'm not making a complete list. Also some assists cover multiple categories thus making them more versatile.

Solune

My point is that, it's pointless to say which is the best assist in the game, because you may not even play that character. However you still want to establish which characters have assists that can be classified in roles are important to note.
Also unlike when Vanilla was laden with Tron and Haggar frauds (Viscant, etc), I think Log assist definitely deserves a mention.

shaowebb

Honestly, Iron Fist needs doom missiles. Fuck, everybody needs doom missiles. It does everything. Best screen control, best OTG, great block and hitstun, covers everything, c-c-c-c-combo breaker.

Top 3 assists in the game, bar none:

• Hidden Missiles
  • Slant Shot
  • Disruptor

I tried him before I quit and it was alright. Iron Fist always needs some kind of interrupting assist to lockdown people or put a stop to zoning and Hidden Missiles is definitely good for that. I just wanted to see if Shuma could do good enough in that role that I wouldn't have to resort to jumping on the Doom wagon. Not really certain who to third if i don't Doom it up in there with Iron Fist and Shuma.

GGs, Sasa. I got derp napped so many times it wasn't even funny. I was genuinely wishing for Dark Wesker over Derp-23, lol. Did pretty bad at first, but then I realized Spider-Man isn't so scary at super jump height and abused the hell out of that.

I think I dropped half of my hitconfirms, and half of my combos. Every time I hit Spider-Man, it was like a blind panic to kill him that resulted in lots and lots of choking. Maybe one day I'll choke less, and stop getting hit by Spider-Stings. Best DP in the game. It hits everywhere.

GG's Frantic, sorry I had to run (and one my first win in like 10 tries, lol. Scummy). Had to get ready to go out.

There were some funny drops there, I noticed too. I'd chalk it up to online mostly and my team being pretty slippery. And Derp Nap is such, SUCH bullshit. Hilariously stupid.

SJ height isn't a bad look, just watch out for Web Throws, which isn't tooooo hard to do. Otherwise, the best I can do is clip you with moves, or swing xx Maximum Spider. Not super scary.

<3 Spider Sting for being really dumb too. Vanilla guide said never use it outside of combos -- don't know if that's still the same. But that's why you can't believe everything you read :D

Frantic

GGs, Sasa. I got derp napped so many times it wasn't even funny. I was genuinely wishing for Dark Wesker over Derp-23, lol. Did pretty bad at first, but then I realized Spider-Man isn't so scary at super jump height and abused the hell out of that.

I think I dropped half of my hitconfirms, and half of my combos. Every time I hit Spider-Man, it was like a blind panic to kill him that resulted in lots and lots of choking. Maybe one day I'll choke less, and stop getting hit by Spider-Stings. Best DP in the game. It hits everywhere.

SJ height isn't a bad look, just watch out for Web Throws, which isn't tooooo hard to do. Otherwise, the best I can do is clip you with moves, or swing xx Maximum Spider. Not super scary.
I was mainly just trying to avoid as many Hawkeye arrows and the threat of mixups or airthrows from Spidey. I mainly just blocked up there, and only came down with something when I felt you weren't going for a Spider Sting. Once I landed, things weren't quite as hectic and I got some time to breathe. Usually, anyways.

<3 Spider Sting for being really dumb too. Vanilla guide said never use it outside of combos -- don't know if that's still the same. But that's why you can't believe everything you read :D
Well, it's fast, it's active forever, has a dumb hitbox, leads to combos on hit, and is pretty safe with web zip cancels... why wouldn't you use it?

Oh, and Spider-Bite is an overhead. I always forget, and whenever someone throws a point blank Spider-Sting L into Spider-Bite, I get opened up for free.

shaowebb

MahvelGAF Podcast? Oh this oughta be fun. Theorycraft. Pro/Con arguments to characters and teams. Thoughts on tourneys and top players. "Special Guest" discussions with GAF-ers who are notable for certain characters to let them discuss tactics and tools.

I'd tune in.

Azure J

I'm practicing with Vergil/Morrigan/Doom again. No matter how much I try, I can never wrap my head around Missile OTG timing for Vergil's extended combos, Fly/Soul Fist loops as Morrigan (getting better though, also, I fucking love her j.H so so so much, using that in combination with her up or down arc dash for overheads is so damn satisfying), or general Doom stuff now that I'm trying to wean myself from using my dash button. :lol

Morrigan (getting better though, also, I fucking love her j.H so so so much, using that in combination with her up or down arc dash for overheads is so damn satisfying)

I got this one mixup with the down-forward arc airdash where I call missiles after killing a character, then jump and dash towards the incoming character. It's cool because it just looks like a forward air dash, but you can slide right under them for a crossup with jH, then flip around with soul fist flight cancels to finish the combo. The timing takes a bit of practice though.

Azure J

I got this one mixup with the down-forward arc airdash where I call missiles after killing a character, then jump and dash towards the incoming character. It's cool because it just looks like a forward air dash, but you can slide right under them for a crossup with jH, then flip around with soul fist flight cancels to finish the combo. The timing takes a bit of practice though.

Oh maaan. <3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, trying to plan out the logistics to go to my first tournament and this is heartbreaking. Every hotel in the area is like 200$ a night. I'm not made of gold, and at the same time, TBQH, I don't think that's really worth a $500 dollar weekend. Don't really know what to do at this point, trying to look at commuting costs. But yeah, huge buzzkill. :/

Anth0ny

Man, trying to plan out the logistics to go to my first tournament and this is heartbreaking. Every hotel in the area is like 200$ a night. I'm not made of gold, and at the same time, TBQH, I don't think that's really worth a $500 dollar weekend. Don't really know what to do at this point, trying to look at commuting costs. But yeah, huge buzzkill. :/

I also can't get out of work on Toryuken weekend. So lame.

Still going to Evo though ^_^

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I also can't get out of work on Toryuken weekend. So lame.

Still going to Evo though ^_^
Shit, if this is how much a downtown Toronto tournament costs, I can't imagine the costs to go out to Vegas. Alongside doing all the other things while your there.

Stay free, wallet.

2 gaffers and one of my friends are going with me to EVO this year, so it should be pretty fun. Hopefully I get to hang out with some of Killa Sasa's friends again, last year was great. I think I'm gonna try to get another interview with Seth Killian. I know Capcom is gonna go ham at E3.

Azure J

How come I didn't think to try jump cancelling charged moves before today? Zero's Buster, Vergil's Round Trip, and Viper's Optic Brast all work if you input up before letting go of the button after a launcher. I mean, I don't know about practicalities, but it's certainly something interesting I picked up on today.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Jump canceling normals like that isn't really vital in this game. I just do it to screw around. Like with Hulk I'll do Launch -> TK Gamma Crush.

edit- actually I do use it. If I kill a character with st. S I'll cancel into something that gives me better stage position. Like with Hawkeye I cancel into his command jump.

Grecco

Jump canceling normals like that isn't really vital in this game. I just do it to screw around. Like with Hulk I'll do Launch -> TK Gamma Crush.

edit- actually I do use it. If I kill a character with st. S I'll cancel into something that gives me better stage position. Like with Hawkeye I cancel into his command jump.

I need to jump cancel pretty much everything in my team

Solune

I'm practicing with Vergil/Morrigan/Doom again. No matter how much I try, I can never wrap my head around Missile OTG timing for Vergil's extended combos, Fly/Soul Fist loops as Morrigan (getting better though, also, I fucking love her j.H so so so much, using that in combination with her up or down arc dash for overheads is so damn satisfying), or general Doom stuff now that I'm trying to wean myself from using my dash button. :lol

Depending on the character you have to adjust your Doom Missile timing. *Inserts Shameless Plug*. I made this vid of Vergil + Doom, basically Hit Doom assist at the same time you hit the opponent with your H, into Launcher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGq3_K0aeLg . Instead of doing the fancy round trip, you can cancel Helm Breaker into Judgement Cut and then link a Lunar Phase after that.

Dahbomb

Tatsu has projectile nullification capabilities, a godlike active horizontal hit box (vertical hit box was nerfed but still pretty good), godly lockdown capabilities and comes out insanely fast. It's both great as a defensive and an offensive assist. It's also one of the best teleport mix ups assist in the game WHILE ALSO being one of the best high/low lockdown mix up assist in the game. This assist single handedly enables so many characters to rushdown in the current meta it's just crazy. Iron Fist didn't win Justin SCR/Winter Brawl... Akuma Tatsu did. Just count the number of hit confirms he gets off of that assist. Oh and it's also a great combo extender as well.

People both overrated and underrate Drones. Fact of the matter is that once you protect Drones this assist becomes outrageous. The gap in between the drone means you can do cross ups while in them making it one of the most devious mix up assists in the game. Anytime someone sees Drones on screen they either try to nullify or super jump away, that's how scary it is. Against an on point Iron Man it's very difficult to try to nullify Drones, same for an on point Magneto. I would agree that Hidden Missiles beats out Drones due to the super jump coverage, combo extension, combo breaker properties.

Jam Session also gives semi-lock down, FULL VERTICAL COVERAGE, an enough hit stun for characters like Zero to capitalize off of it. It's also useful as a combo extender and as a mix up against in coming characters it's one of the best. Also effective as a teleport mix up assist. It's only real weakness is that it scales combos considerably but for the type of assist it is and the type of character it is on... it's a godly assist no doubt. Top 5 free.

Call me bias but I like Unibeam over Disruptor in overall utility. Disruptor is THE BEST as an opener but as a late combo extender it's useless where as Unibeam is one of the best late combo extenders in the game while also being a solid opener. It also has a lot of active frames, enough to lock down for a mix up. Does considerable chip as well and durability on that thing means it can compete with Plasma Beam and negate out Drones. The standing state it leaves the opponent in is great for full on BnBs and the way it locks the opponent in place after a hit makes it a great assist for setting up for resets. Of course this is just comparison of the two assists side by side when in reality you also have to take into consideration the character and Magneto beats Iron man free (like a 2 tier gap in between the two). If IM was better we would see a lot more usage of Unibeam in teams.

I would also add in Repulsor Blast as a top 10 assist. I think it has around 23 points of durability which means that a well placed Repulsor Blast can completely negate most beams, Buster, Drones even all in coming missiles along with Soul Fists. The coverage on that thing makes it a great anti-teleporter assist while also being a great anti-air dasher assist. The horizontal space it covers means that near the corner it can cover ALL tech roll options of the character meaning they are guaranteed a mix up (or in the case of Firebrand they are guaranteed an unblockable set up). The vertical space means it's great for in coming mix ups as well. The juggle state it puts in provides enough time for characters to combo off of it, like Zero, Vergil, Sentinel, Haggar (especially those with aerial ground bounce moves). Decent combo extender too especially for Vergil. It's only real problem is that it's attached to Iron Man.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gotta share rooms bro

Azure J

Depending on the character you have to adjust your Doom Missile timing. *Inserts Shameless Plug*. I made this vid of Vergil + Doom, basically Hit Doom assist at the same time you hit the opponent with your H, into Launcher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGq3_K0aeLg . Instead of doing the fancy round trip, you can cancel Helm Breaker into Judgement Cut and then link a Lunar Phase after that.

Oh wow, I was trying to learn with a similar video too. :lol

The note about calling Missiles while hitting H is big. I was calling it after hitting S (before the superjump but after the hit connected), so I was seeing the character I practiced on wake up before the shenanigans began. Thanks Solu-bro. :)

Dahbomb

LOL...

One of my training buddies figured out a legit counter to Spiral Swords.

Thor -> Block Spiral Swords close range -> XFC -> Mighty Punish command throw

This along with Air XFC MP vs Helm Breaker and cross over counter Mighty Smash vs Vergil block strings makes Thor one of the better characters to fight against the Dark Slayer.

Call me bias but I like Unibeam over Disruptor in overall utility. Disruptor is THE BEST as an opener but as a late combo extender it's useless where as Unibeam is one of the best late combo extenders in the game while also being a solid opener. It also has a lot of active frames, enough to lock down for a mix up. Does considerable chip as well and durability on that thing means it can compete with Plasma Beam and negate out Drones. The standing state it leaves the opponent in is great for full on BnBs and the way it locks the opponent in place after a hit makes it a great assist for setting up for resets. Of course this is just comparison of the two assists side by side when in reality you also have to take into consideration the character and Magneto beats Iron man free (like a 2 tier gap in between the two). If IM was better we would see a lot more usage of Unibeam in teams.

I would also add in Repulsor Blast as a top 10 assist. I think it has around 23 points of durability which means that a well placed Repulsor Blast can completely negate most beams, Buster, Drones even all in coming missiles along with Soul Fists. The coverage on that thing makes it a great anti-teleporter assist while also being a great anti-air dasher assist. The horizontal space it covers means that near the corner it can cover ALL tech roll options of the character meaning they are guaranteed a mix up (or in the case of Firebrand they are guaranteed an unblockable set up). The vertical space means it's great for in coming mix ups as well. The juggle state it puts in provides enough time for characters to combo off of it, like Zero, Vergil, Sentinel, Haggar (especially those with aerial ground bounce moves). Decent combo extender too especially for Vergil. It's only real problem is that it's attached to Iron Man.

I understand full well how Drones and Tatsu work. They're great assists, same with Jam Session. They just aren't better than Disruptor overall.

I'd totally agree with you on Unibeam and Repulsor Blast if they weren't attached to Iron Man. Repulsor Blast is one of my favorite assists, and something I used a lot in vanilla. Might be its only problem, but it's not an insignificant one. Even bombs is an interesting assist for it's nonsensical durability.

LOL...

This along with Air XFC MP vs Helm Breaker and cross over counter Mighty Smash vs Vergil block strings makes Thor one of the better characters to fight against the Dark Slayer.

Doom Missiles works too, to an extent.

But I never really stuck with any of those last guys very long. Sadly, I never really got into Wesker, Zero, Dr. Doom, or Strider who would all be decent to have in one way or another. I'm open to suggestions. Hell I really Like Iron Fist so I guess I'm open to anyone who can come up with a scary Iron Fist team period really.
I would think about maybe anchoring Iron Fist. He has a real mean assist, and he isn't too shabby in XF3 unless you're playing zoners.

Nearly a full screen OTG and the same low hit. It would be the best utility assist in the game.

Quick Work doesnt OTG
I think that would be fine. I can't see any characters becoming "omg broken" from it.

Honestly, Iron Fist needs doom missiles. Fuck, everybody needs doom missiles. It does everything. Best screen control, best OTG, great block and hitstun, covers everything, c-c-c-c-combo breaker.

Top 3 assists in the game, bar none:

• Hidden Missiles
  • Slant Shot
  • Disruptor
Vajra is top 3, no doubt. I stopped playing my previous team just because of Vajra, and numerous teams I would LIKE to play aren't viable just because of Vajra. I would love a nerf for that assist. I think you're overvaluing Slant Shot, but Disruptor is probably top 5 at least.

Makes me very sad.

Man, nobody posts in the SFxT thread anymore, 5 days for half a page lol

Marvel is the crap game, huh guys?
I don't get people. I saw SFxT videos early on and thought "this looks boring". Somehow, people got hyped about it though. Nothing about it ever looked exciting to me.

It's interesting with assist talk if we're also considering character position because of crossover counters/alpha counters because Zero and Jill excel in that 2nd position conversion. I think as opposed to saying which assists are "best" it's better to categorize them because overall utility to your team is based on synergy anyways. Like who has the best:
  • Lockdown - Doom, Dante, Ammy, Frank West, Akuma, Skrull, Sentinel, Hsien-ko(No one uses her)
  • Beam/Horizontal - Doom, Magneto, Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Iron Man (but no one uses him)
  • Utility - Doom, Spencer, Morrigan, Strider, Trish
  • Combo Extension - Doom, Wesker, Vergil, Dr Strange, Dormammu
As examples of course, I'm not making a complete list. Also some assists cover multiple categories thus making them more versatile.
Skrull has terrible lockdown, watchu talkin' 'bout? Don't even put Dormammu among the combo extenders. Dark Hole causes huge hitstun decay and eats up your combo damage. It's really hard for most characters to make legit use of it, unlike Wesker's gunshot. Dormammu's assists shouldn't be on any list except for "pretty bad". I agree with the way you approach the question, though.

The fact is that talking about anything in this game outside of team construction simply does not make sense. It's the reason why people keep saying Dormammu is a top 5, but there aren't any fucking Dormammu players winning tournaments. His assists are shit, he's a liability in team synergy, like Firebrand. You have to build for him, you can't use him to build for others. Sucks.

Find someone in the area to stay with, or look on SRK/GAF for others going and split costs.

LOL...

During my brief stint with Thor, I would blow XF1 all the time just to command grab people at point blank range. Feels so good.

I remember playing SFxT at EVO last year and thinking, "This is a pretty cool game, but damn I hope Capcom adds something to brighten it up or everyone's going to get tired of it."

Then they added gems.

Anyway, I think a lot of people overestimate how good older fighting games are. If ST was released tomorrow it'd get dropped in a week. CvS2 would be about as popular as KOFXIII.

They really needed some crazier characters at least. Twelve and Q.

ST everybody would hate the damage output like they do in MvC3. Funny thing is, outside of XF and TAC, MvC3 is the closest to the old fighting games due to the damage output and the punishing being a major gameplay element.

But whatever.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remember playing SFxT at EVO last year and thinking, "This is a pretty cool game, but damn I hope Capcom adds something to brighten it up or everyone's going to get tired of it."

Then they added gems.

Anyway, I think a lot of people overestimate how good older fighting games are. If ST was released tomorrow it'd get dropped in a week. CvS2 would be about as popular as KOFXIII.

They really needed some crazier characters at least. Twelve and Q.

It's nostalgia dude. I know someone who hates Sf4 and 3rd strike. He says games like Alpha and SF2 are good because they are "classics". If he played any of those games he'd hate them so much.

Dahbomb

Marvel IS old school. Cheap stuff all around, high damage, crazy hit boxes and highly unforgiving. I remember playing ST back then and couldn't understand how some of the stuff hit because it felt like I wasn't getting hit by anything but I did... especially during trades.

ST is still a great game and so is Marvel. If CVS2 was released today then people will cry about roll cancels and how it should be nerfed and Capcom will nerf it asap just because stream monsters don't understand it and don't want to learn it. If MVC2 was released today... I don't even want to think about it.

As far as SFxTekken goes, I always WANTED the game to be good because I am a Tekken player too but it never really super impressed me. It's a fun game to play but it's quite boring to watch.

If CvS2 were in 3d, and had 3 balance revisions after being the first fighting game in a long drought, it would be as popular as SF4.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the idea of people being biased for whatever game they tried first...that isn't exclusive to old games.

Tobe

Marvel IS old school. Cheap stuff all around, high damage, crazy hit boxes and highly unforgiving. I remember playing ST back then and couldn't understand how some of the stuff hit because it felt like I wasn't getting hit by anything but I did... especially during trades.

ST is still a great game and so is Marvel. If CVS2 was released today then people will cry about roll cancels and how it should be nerfed and Capcom will nerf it asap just because stream monsters don't understand it and don't want to learn it. If MVC2 was released today... I don't even want to think about it.

As far as SFxTekken goes, I always WANTED the game to be good because I am a Tekken player too but it never really super impressed me. It's a fun game to play but it's quite boring to watch.

SENTINEL :'(!!!!

Solune

Skrull has terrible lockdown, watchu talkin' 'bout? Don't even put Dormammu among the combo extenders. Dark Hole causes huge hitstun decay and eats up your combo damage. It's really hard for most characters to make legit use of it, unlike Wesker's gunshot. Dormammu's assists shouldn't be on any list except for "pretty bad". I agree with the way you approach the question, though.

The fact is that talking about anything in this game outside of team construction simply does not make sense. It's the reason why people keep saying Dormammu is a top 5, but there aren't any fucking Dormammu players winning tournaments. His assists are shit, he's a liability in team synergy, like Firebrand. You have to build for him, you can't use him to build for others. Sucks.

Honestly I only put Skrull there because of the Firebrand setup, because I intended to state that assists get dependent on the situation but I forgot to take him out. As for Dormammu, Dark Hole is useful, at least for the characters that I play him with(Dante, Wesker), again team composition is the big factor here. Also I feel for you Karst, since alot of characters in this game reach their potential when used on point, but leave you stranded on anchor like Haggar, Tron, Hsien-ko, Chris etc.

Dahbomb

Also I don't understand how people call games like Skullgirl and KOF "honest" games.

Even KOF isn't really an honest game. In fact, I really haven't ever played a 2D honest game. Only fighting game I consider truly honest are VF4/5 and probably Tekken 5 HDR/6 (older Tekken games were super cheap especially 4 and before). Even SC and DOA have legit cheap stuff and mechanics.

These days any thing without a full on comeback mechanic is considered "honest".

Also I don't understand how people call games like Skullgirl and KOF "honest" games.

Even KOF isn't really an honest game. In fact, I really haven't ever played a 2D honest game. Only fighting game I consider truly honest are VF4/5 and probably Tekken 5 HDR/6 (older Tekken games were super cheap especially 4 and before). Even SC and DOA have legit cheap stuff and mechanics.

These days any thing without a full on comeback mechanic is considered "honest".

Anything with a bar is technically not honest. Especially if you get meter for getting hurt :p.

All the purists should be playing Hyper Fighting (which is really fun actually).

And SFxT was really fun at EVO -- probably broke, but still fun -- then they changed a bunch of shit, put Rufus in and called it a day. In that order.

go to hell Rufus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom